2016 Logie Award Nominees

Matt

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, dee123 said:

WTF at Adam Dovile winning over Pia (or the other nominees tbh) I can't stand him. He has marble mouth and it drives me up the wall :angry:

That puzzled me as well.

That category's a bit of a joke.People complained when Joel Madden won it a few years ago but I think a reality show contestant takes the cake.

Waleed Aly won gold.He would have been my choice if Lee Lin Chin wasn't up so I'm happy.

On 4/6/2016 at 3:12 PM, Luke39 said:

Hmm seems most prettiest award lol. 

If that was the case, Kat would've won every category. 

I freakin' hate Waleed Aly. I'm sure he's very intelligent and passionate and whatever else, but HE IS NOT FUNNY!!! He has RUINED The Project for me! It's so serious and drab that I can't watch it anymore. I'm trying to tell myself that this is a political award for the positive (yet humourless) work he has done in raising the profile of Muslim Australians, but as an award for a TV personality on a supposed comedy show... ughhhh... dear god, if this is the future of Australian comedy... 

There is hope though, there is hope. "Shaun Micallef's Mad As Hell" won a Logie!!! I was not expecting that at all!!! IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY!!! THAT'S how you do it, people!!! :D 

I'm sad that Lee Lin Chin didn't win the Gold too. I guess if you were just going by newsreading, it's a bit random, but she does such great stuff on "The Feed" and her tweets are hilarious. (She's promised to bathe in Waleed Aly's blood. I want to hold her to that). There's no reason at all she shouldn't have been nominated, but I guess the SBS fanbase is still finding it's voice. First ever Gold Logie nomination! Wow! I'm calling it now - next year, Marc Fennel!! :D (Two more examples of how to be a humourous newsreader. Take note, Waleed.) 

Hands-down highlight of the night was "I Need a Hero" ^_^ 

Archived