Olivia Fraser Richards - Raechelle Banno

34 minutes ago, dontletmego said:

In all honesty, I sometimes do wish that they had left Olivia as she was, but that Raechelle had come on and played a different character (that is still similar to Olivia; just not with the history and relations that she has). I feel like because she's a past character that was brought back, people tend to hate her because they feel like an older character they loved or knew as someone different is ruined. 

Well most people who watch currently, may not know Olivia was a previous character, (I diddn't, so it did not effect my interpretation of the character). So it may not make a difference for some. Most people I see, who watch, are not bothered by the past, as maybe they weren't watching to be aware of the character back way when. I think Raechelle is doing a great job anyway. I mean this show is known to recast. It is no where near as bad as the VJ re casting. 

• Like 1

To be honest I don't understand the fuzz about the recast. Olivia was hardly a character in 2005, she only was in it for a very few episodes and she hardly said a word! And that Olivia was further away from the baby Olivia that Chloe gave birth too, the actress was about 3 years to old. Rachaelle Banno's Olivia is far more up close to the original storyline. I know she is in her twenties, but she looks young and meant to be 16. Probably a year to young, but still closer to the original one than the one from 2005. 

But the reintroduction, the way they brought back wasn't true to her storyline or to the character of James. And that is what destroy her a bit for me. And I wish they hadn't paired her up with Hunter, I think she should have been with VJ instead. Maybe if Hunter had a different introduction to the show and a more normal backstory it would have worked better. But a classic character as Olivia shouldn't be paired up with a weird psycho with a strange backstory, his shift overnight doesn't help at all. I think that pairing her up with VJ would have helped both characters. But it is too late now!  

But I think the actress is doing a good job with the storylines she is given, I can see a bit of Chloe in her. I always felt that Chloe meant that she was a bit better than everyone else, and that is also the impression  I get of Olivia. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, jodlebirger said:

To be honest I don't understand the fuzz about the recast. Olivia was hardly a character in 2005, she only was in it for a very few episodes and she hardly said a word! And that Olivia was further away from the baby Olivia that Chloe gave birth too, the actress was about 3 years to old. Rachaelle Banno's Olivia is far more up close to the original storyline. I know she is in her twenties, but she looks young and meant to be 16. Probably a year to young, but still closer to the original one than the one from 2005. 

But the reintroduction, the way they brought back wasn't true to her storyline or to the character of James. And that is what destroy her a bit for me. And I wish they hadn't paired her up with Hunter, I think she should have been with VJ instead. Maybe if Hunter had a different introduction to the show and a more normal backstory it would have worked better. But a classic character as Olivia shouldn't be paired up with a weird psycho with a strange backstory, his shift overnight doesn't help at all. I think that pairing her up with VJ would have helped both characters. But it is too late now!  

But I think the actress is doing a good job with the storylines she is given, I can see a bit of Chloe in her. I always felt that Chloe meant that she was a bit better than everyone else, and that is also the impression  I get of Olivia. 

Hmm, I don't really get the whole thing about the recasting either, but now that I think about it, it seems like everyone doesn't like her because of her reintroduction, which I guess makes sense. However, I wish everyone would give her a chance despite the way she was brought into the show, and despite her pairing with Hunter. I do believe that she is a very beautiful character and there's a lot we can learn from her. 

Also, I wish everyone would give her relationship with Hunter a chance too.

It is my belief that when characters are reintroduced as a previous character, it loses some appeal.

If they can not get hold of the previous actor, can't the writers justcreate a new character rather than destroying the image  and back story that we have in our mind of the original??

Rachel Banno could have worked quite well - If she came in as an original character and wasn't portraying someone who had previously been in the show.

On 11 September 2016 at 10:36 AM, Sunny Girl said:

It is my belief that when characters are reintroduced as a previous character, it loses some appeal.

If they can not get hold of the previous actor, can't the writers justcreate a new character rather than destroying the image  and back story that we have in our mind of the original??

Rachel Banno could have worked quite well - If she came in as an original character and wasn't portraying someone who had previously been in the show.

Hmm I guess that makes sense; but I still like to say that she works quite well as Olivia, although her character isn't new. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dontletmego said:

Hmm I guess that makes sense; but I still like to say that she works quite well as Olivia, although her character isn't new. 

I agree I think she works well as Olivia and I think she has a great connection with Irene on screen I must admit when I found out she was returning I wasn't that fussed but I must admit I didn't know a great deal about her so maybe that's why I think she works well, I hope we get to dig further into her background and the whole sexual abuse story, i think she'd play the scenes quite well.

• Like 1

Raechelle is absoloutely Gorgeous. And she is doing a fine job. IT did not bother me and I Am not sure most people who watch, care if they were acted previousley by an actor, like 15 odd years ago. But that is jmo. It is changing history to suit storyline. They did that a bit, but I Don't think it is detrimental. The VJ casting was absurd. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, dontletmego said:
  Hide contents

Any thoughts on the recent episodes that Olivia's been in on Australia regarding Tabitha and the cyberbullying storyline? 

I'd love to hear what you all think :) 

Spoiler

The scene when she was undressing, blew me away. Rochelle is a gem! Tabitha the actress really did a great job too. Two very talented young actresses. 

• Like 1

I finally caught up as far as Wednesday's episode last night. I have to say, I am so impressed with this actress. I didn't particularly like her when she first arrived in the show but she's slowly becoming one of my favourites.   She has done an absolutely stellar job with this whole bullying storyline, giving an incredibly beautiful and understated performance. They've handled this subject with uncharacteristic care and sensitivity and I think a large part of that has been the actress (and the fact that she works so well with Lynne and Scott) rather than the writing itself. Just excellent. The scene where she was undressing just about broke my heart! It actually left me reeling for a little while. Powerful stuff! I also really enjoyed the quiet little scene with Irene at the bench where she told her about Kirk still being in her head. Again, the whole thing has been so well judged and I think they should all be very proud of themselves. Really looking forward to more Olivia storylines. 

• Like 3