Olivia Fraser Richards - Raechelle Banno

I can't stand the new Olivia to be honest.She seemed to come in bad and then get worse.Her opening episodes when she went around causing chaos, stealing things, stirring up trouble with Charlotte and generally being a brat, I couldn't see anything at all likable in her.I thought things might pick up when we got the reveal about her abuse (although I'm still bitter about her choosing to keep this from James, the man who raised her for ten years, for no good reason, which adds to the feeling of her being self-absorbed) and the self-harming storyline but now she's happily running around in a bikini with her scars completely gone and I'm wondering what the point of it was.I thought we might get a bit of depth when she didn't seem to enjoy sex with Hunter but then that got forgotten about straightaway as well.

Ah yes, Hunter.How could they make an already annoying character worse?Turn her into Hunter's cheerleader.Honestly, she's coming across as a pathetic stalker around him, making out with him, saying she loves him and dragging him off to bed when she barely knows him.I would love to believe that this is deliberate, that she's been messed up by her abuse and is latching onto the nearest boy and convincing herself he's the love of her life because she desperately wants to feel normal, but the crescendo of romantic music playing over their scenes seems to suggest that we're somehow meant to see them as cute.So now she's cast in the role of Hunter's cheerleader, the girl that a repulsive character gets to sleep with to convince us that he's all right now and who defends him like a loyal dog whenever anyone tries to point out what he really is.Her reaction to his list of crimes...well, she didn't have one, she just sat there nodding.When she thinks him cheating on her is worse than setting fire to a house and nearly killing four people, you know her priorities are screwed up.

• Like 3

I disagree with the above comments I love Olivia I think her and Irene have some general chemistry together on screen and im looking forward to seeing more, while not a big hunter fan I think they work well on screen together I also think she offers a bit of the old show back the fun and going through life without a care I think with Skye we could be in for some good times ahead in the show.

A great story now to help us connect this Olivia to previous incarnations is to have a return of Jesse and having him have to confront her regarding her mothers death. If Ben Unwin would be willing to take some time off his day job to film. I wouldn't want Jesse recast. 

Edited by Blaxland 89

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 8:49 PM, Red Ranger 1 said:

I can't stand the new Olivia to be honest.She seemed to come in bad and then get worse.Her opening episodes when she went around causing chaos, stealing things, stirring up trouble with Charlotte and generally being a brat, I couldn't see anything at all likable in her.I thought things might pick up when we got the reveal about her abuse (although I'm still bitter about her choosing to keep this from James, the man who raised her for ten years, for no good reason, which adds to the feeling of her being self-absorbed) and the self-harming storyline but now she's happily running around in a bikini with her scars completely gone and I'm wondering what the point of it was.I thought we might get a bit of depth when she didn't seem to enjoy sex with Hunter but then that got forgotten about straightaway as well.

Ah yes, Hunter.How could they make an already annoying character worse?Turn her into Hunter's cheerleader.Honestly, she's coming across as a pathetic stalker around him, making out with him, saying she loves him and dragging him off to bed when she barely knows him.I would love to believe that this is deliberate, that she's been messed up by her abuse and is latching onto the nearest boy and convincing herself he's the love of her life because she desperately wants to feel normal, but the crescendo of romantic music playing over their scenes seems to suggest that we're somehow meant to see them as cute.So now she's cast in the role of Hunter's cheerleader, the girl that a repulsive character gets to sleep with to convince us that he's all right now and who defends him like a loyal dog whenever anyone tries to point out what he really is.Her reaction to his list of crimes...well, she didn't have one, she just sat there nodding.When she thinks him cheating on her is worse than setting fire to a house and nearly killing four people, you know her priorities are screwed up.

Hmm, I've got to admit I do kind of agree with you. I love Raechelle and I think she's an incredible actress, and I love Olivia too. I do understand how some of you probably won't like her as Olivia is a past character and the writers could've found a better way to reintroduce her to the show.

I actually love her with Hunter, although I do agree with your opinions about the two of them together.

I found it weird when she came and she was leading VJ on, and then she hooked up with Hunter straight after that. I don't think she's a brat, I just think she needs a little bit of extra love.

I think her friendship with Skye was incredibly rushed though. I love their friendship but it was weird because they hated each other the one minute, and then they were best friends the next.

I'm really hoping that there is more thought and development that goes into Olivia and her relationship with Hunter though.