1995 Episode Discussion

Dan F

I remember Jack and Curtis' paper caper.

With Shane and Damian grown up, I guess they needed another Bromance right quick.

Yep, I'm noticing musical changes.

The scenes where Hale is at the house and everyone's worrying Sal have Prisoner-esque Music while Ros' departure had an ACP/S&D flavour.

The 1995 theme song is the definitive version for a lot of people.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

The 1995 theme song is the definitive version for a lot of people.

It was for me for years. When I watched old versions of the credits on YouTube, I found the original version extremely dated, and the updated version was very nostalgic for me. Having listened to the original version between 2009-2016 I now consider it the superior version. I agree with Alexx, it does have a more chilled out vibe.

12 hours ago, alexx said:

I hated the new theme when it was first introduced, it took me about two years to start appreciating it. The first time I heard it I thought the female vocals sounded out of tune/flat in places and I just completely preferred the original. I still do to be honest, I prefer the laid back sound of the original and really love the emotional aspect of it with those harmonious strings and the plucked guitar.

That's interesting. I find the vocals in the new version so much better. The woman in the original has such an airy/weak voice. I much prefer the 'new' version - but it was the first one I knew (I didn't start watching until 1996 and not regularly until 1997) so maybe that's why. It's also so much more atmospheric, layered and textured etc. That said, I'm not really a fan of the saxaphone. I find it a little bit overbearing. If they could combine the two versions (the 'new' version up to 'just to know you are there' and the old version from then on) I would really like that.

Also, Dan I read the summary of the year and really appreciated it. Thanks. I'm definitely excited to watch this year - especially given I know a lot of the characters now (having caught a lot of them at the end of their stints when watching originally).

3 hours ago, Dan F said:

For those who were asking, I've had a look and the Diner paintjob debuts in Episode 1726

Reveal hidden contents

(the episode after Marilyn opens her salon)

I think you're the only person so far to mention that they have! :P

I might just stick with the key dates next year (touch wood that they're still airing).

I read it too

Donna's outfit for the country western contest isn't exactly......G Rated is it? :lol:

I think the sax version adds a playful dimension to the titles when the filler shots are running  (The Lifeguards running, Surf van going The Bodyboarder losing his hat, The Beach Chicken fight where the  girl dunks her opponent, The Volleyballer making that parry and lastly the diver)

Nope Donna's outfit wasn't entirely appropriate. Also Rob has appeared to have forgotten about Roxy. 

So they found Sal's backpack and purse. I can see why Pippa would freak out. By the way have all the Christmas stuff come down? I mean if Christmas Day was on Monday then the decorations realistically should still be up. Nice to see Sam home even if he did come home to unhappy news. 

Jack do not go near the steroids. I have a bad feeling about that. I know Pippa has a lot on her mind but I thought she could have been a bit more worried about Jack going down that path. I know she told him all the bad side affects but alarm bells should be ringing in her head. 

That outfit WAS kind of on the tacky side! I can only imagine Alf and Don's reactions!

Can't wait for Irene's modification to hers that results in a hilarious misfire! :lol:

Kind of a sparsely populated feel in these early 3 eps. 

Eric is kind of 1-dimensional here but that will change soon enough.

5 hours ago, dees189227 said:

I know Pippa has a lot on her mind but I thought she could have been a bit more worried

Yeah, I thought that too. I quite enjoyed Wednesday's episode haha. Not sure what to make of Donna just yet, and her outfit was definitely inappropriate. Jack and Sam's scene was really sweet. Shane and Angel seem to have aged about ten years since 1994. I really hope Jack doesn't start taking steroids.

Archived