1995 Episode Discussion

Dan F

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^

Another TWO ladies, One in QLD another one in South Oz. Had he married Irene he'd have been a Polygamist and probably would have been in even worse trouble than if he was a standard Bigamist

:lol: . Incidentally, Amanda Wenban who played one of the wives had just finished a stint on Emmerdale.  

1998 is where the Diner gets its proper makeover to comepete with

Bonza Burger

Neighbours had a go at challenging Corrie and EastEnders, now in 1995 it was H&A's turn to take on Corrie and EE,

In 1995 I remember

Spoiler

Donald Fisher's 50th birthday, which showed in the UK in about April or May, in Oz in mid February, meaning he was almost 43 in The Pilot in Jan 1988.

Andrew and Donna.

Shangel's wedding.

Yeah, that was supposed to be the NEXT big deal after E Street and Paradise Beach went down in flames, wasn't it?

Didn't stop actors crossing over (i.e. Temp Selina in '96), though.

1995 on the soap landscape for others:

Enders turns 10. Ratings pretty high. Repeats from 1985 do decently enough.

Corrie turns 35, stable as ever albeit seeming a bit behind the times. 

Emmerdale reaches 2000 eps and is enjoying a rejuvenation that has been going for the last 6yrs. 

Brookside takes a bit of a hit with farfetched storylines. A plague (revealed to be some sort of gas leak) killing off characters nobody cares about, Mick Johnson gets a bat-s*** crazy stalker and, oh yeah, Trevor Jordache's body is dug up.

Neighbours also turns 10 but people at this point are disillusioned with it and things reach a horrible Nadir (Dominance of Hannah Martin and stupid corny storylines). Things get so bad the BBC demand that the PTB "Fix it".

Hollyoaks is born. It's basically only one once a week and the main characters are Tony, Jambo, Kurt, Maddie, Louise, Natasha and Dawn. Seemed like a much more likeable show then.

High Road, after losing the "Take the" is shown on ITV once a week but only in certain regions.

I live in the UK so won't be able to watch these episodes.I was 14/15 years old in 1995 and can honestly say i've never enjoyed a show as much as Home And Away during that year.I hope people who were either too young or didn't watch back then see these episodes and enjoy the show i grew up loving and sadly doesn't exist anymore.

21 minutes ago, masterjai30 said:

I live in the UK so won't be able to watch these episodes.I was 14/15 years old in 1995 and can honestly say i've never enjoyed a show as much as Home And Away during that year.I hope people who were either too young or didn't watch back then see these episodes and enjoy the show i grew up loving and sadly doesn't exist anymore.

I was born late 1995 so i'll be watching these episodes for the first time. After watching 1994 episodes i'm looking forward to it! 

Archived