1995 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Don't keep encouraging him please... more than enough about certain storylines was said at the time.

You can also debate all you want about real-life convictions with each other via PM, but lets not have any more of it in here. It has nothing to do with the episodes and only leads to tasteless and potentially libellous comments being made.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an open-and-shut book in my estimation.

Maybe I shouldn't mention Hey Dad or anyone involved with the show full stop in case I wind up with a lawsuit/death threat/thunderbolt/gypsy curse!

Anyhow, That's all I gotta say on 1995.

Onwards to 1996 where things take a "Producers are on Shrooms" vibe.

9 hours ago, Old H&A Fan said:

And what would Marilyn know anyway? She's a NUN!! Grew up in an orphanage run by Holy Penguins. "Not until we've tied that knot" she said in answer to Lance asking if he could sleep with her back in '89.

Not actually a nun, since that would bar her from tying the knot as well as sleeping with someone.And wasn't she brought up by her aunt, who came to stay with her in '91?

2 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Not actually a nun, since that would bar her from tying the knot as well as sleeping with someone.And wasn't she brought up by her aunt, who came to stay with her in '91?

Think when her parents died when she was a baby she was taken in by an orphanage run by nuns so a lot of her childhood was spent there. That's what she tells Colleen when she firsts meets her. It wasn't until later that her auntie jean found her and took her in. But of course then we found out her parents didn't really die when jean came to stay and they had that story of Marilyn trying to find them. One of her points of reference was indeed the orphanage so it kind of makes sense. 

There was also that old lady she used to visit that gave her money in the will. Not sure if that was before or during Living with Jean. That's all we know about May's background. 

Apart from Dotty her flat mate from the city. And then Greta from beauty school. 

Just wondering if there's any fans out there that when they read a post about Robbie or tash or those type of character they think "oh that's not long ago" even though I know it's well over ten years ago I still see it as more recently. I still see any episode from the blue fish credit onwards as modern 

• 7 months later...

Archived