Dan F

1995 Episode Discussion

1,317 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On 29 March 2017 at 10:26 AM, chair said:

I'm not sure if this is a spoiler or not as I don't know where the storyline has got to by the finale. I'm up to episode 1809.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm wondering if Sally and Jack's relationship was a casualty of the rewrites at the time. They seemed to go to a lot of trouble to put them together.

I am trying to inquire into whether there was a batch of these rewrites around the time of Dodge's disappearance (death?) and the surprise appearance of Quinn Jackson as Alf's daughter.

Does anyone out there have any definitive and authoritative answers to these questions:

Why was Dodge's body never found (if he did die) and if he didn't die, why wasn't there ever any news of his arrest on the outstanding charges in relation to "mud"'s murder and kidnapping of Kelly?

Edited by Old H&A Fan
Tiny, tiny typo

There's nothing to say there were actually rewrites though, it was only speculation on the part of members.

2 people like this

Was Danielle Spencer well known twenty years ago?

I certainly hadn't heard much about Danielle spencer at that time, I remember her dad don spencer more because of his time on playschool.

1 person likes this

Finally made it through the last three weeks or so of 1995.Shannon's insistence that Curtis was stalking Selina continued to frustrate, and worse there was no apology, climbdown or resolution at all.We get a scene of Selina telling Curtis she knows it wasn't him, after which Shannon and Curtis are back hanging out as if nothing happened.(By the way, I've an odd feeling ITV cut the brief sequence of Jeremy leaping the fence, meaning UK viewers initially only saw Curtis running away like the girls did until we suddenly saw that he was chasing someone.)

Ditto the departure of Quinn and Alf's complete non-reaction to it.They have that argument, he tells Ailsa he's going to give her another chance, he races to the wharf in a failed attempt to stop her leaving (and apparently doesn't think of catching up with her in the city)...then next episode he's in the Diner acting as if nothing's happened.Steven seems to be missing Quinn more than him!

Ah, Saul Bennett.They don't make villains like him anymore.Intelligence, charm and an ability to be spectacularly creepy.He's either very good at spotting an opening or we're looking at more slightly psychic characters, because he seemed to know more about Selina than he should, picking up on her as someone who'd had a strange experience.Slight continuity error in Selina recognising Saul's car: It feels like it was meant to be the same vehicle as the previous night but it clearly wasn't.Must be her being psychic again.Loved Marilyn's side of their phone conversation ("Yes, I am perfectly fulfilled!"). And an oblique reference to Fin having a new boyfriend which is probably going to be significant...

Chloe's return really hammered home to me what a tragic character she is, although she's got a few good times coming up and she and Curtis are rather sweet.Plus Kathy Wilson, who I had a bit of a crush on back at the day.

I'd almost forgotten Dylan had leukaemia, so him going into remission was kind of out of the blue.And as for the cliffhanger...wasn't that actually Shane's fault?I dunno, maybe the car was speeding, but he seemed to pull right out in front of it.

1 person likes this

Sorry I'm so behind everyone else but this Saul storyline is pants. I've only seen the beginning of it but are we supposed to believe that Selina would be tricked by someone who was more creepy than Murdoch? Feels very much like a 'we don't know what to write' kind of story, just thrown in there. I love Alex though.

Alex's snarling tone