1995 Episode Discussion

Dan F

It's funny because in 1998 Irene is on the phone and says, in references to Joey dressing up as a woman, "no Doris! He has not gone "that way" and even if he had it would be none of your darn business."

so I like to think that although gwen plum played another character since Doris, that she was still alive and gossiping as late as 1998. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been away for a week and come back with three episodes before it went on a break. 

Boo my least favourite person is back.But it's kind of cute that Rosemary's got a crush on Travis lol. 

Speaking of crushes does Jack have a thing for Shannon? Ew that's almost incest. 

21 hours ago, beau_t said:

Dodge framing Stevo for his death (how stupid can Irene be?)

While it doesn't quite make up for the disgraceful way Irene set "mud" up and threw him out of the house when it comes to my opinion of Irene, I'm glad Irene is cooperating with Dodge to try to fix Stevo. I like how Dodge is "using" Irene's stupidity to achieve his goal of making Stevo pay the price!

21 hours ago, beau_t said:

I like the way she has been supporting Steven through the Dodge stuff, moreso than Pippa, Sally, or anyone else who should have been! She was funny when she was distracting Dodge outside the caravan park. Her facial expressions every time he turned around :lol:

It reflected on her pretty badly. She was conspiring with Steven to commit a criminal act (breaking into Dodge's caravan and handling stolen goods) by covering for him. It's a pity the Medical Board never found out about this, I would have loved to have seen her sacked, deregistered and never allowed to practice again.

On 07/01/2017 at 3:12 PM, Old H&A Fan said:

While it doesn't quite make up for the disgraceful way Irene set "mud" up and threw him out of the house when it comes to my opinion of Irene...

Um, she outed a paedophile...? How is that disgraceful?

31 minutes ago, Edward Skylover said:

So sad watching Don in his burned house. Good storyline. And Nelson's burns being dressed :(

I didn't comment at the time, but since you've brought the bushfire episodes up again...

I'm guessing ITV got scissor happy during these eps - the clips on youtube are different. After the car explodes, we don't see the close-up of Nelson screaming with his face all burned (I actually kind of understand this one, it was pretty gruesome and shocking, although I still don't think they should have cut it I can see why they did). Mr Fisher kneeling on the floor surrounded by smoke is also missing from the youtube/ITV version, although the music from the scene plays instead over the following scene of Fisher finding a door. Weird.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Um...... a pedophile is a man who ****s underage kids. Selina was not underage. She was old enough for Irene to give Curtis and Selina her blessing to do the exact same thing as "mud" was trying to do. What makes "mud" a pedophile and Curtis not? Hm?

There's only a few months to go of 1995. :(

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Is he a paedophile? Pervert maybe but not paedophile.

4 hours ago, beau_t said:

I didn't comment at the time, but since you've brought the bushfire episodes up again...

I'm guessing ITV got scissor happy during these eps - the clips on youtube are different. After the car explodes, we don't see the close-up of Nelson screaming with his face all burned

The actor who plays Nelson has done a pretty good job. I also think Michael has shown one of the best pieces of parenting here with Jack than he has done in most of his time on the show, forcing Jack to see the destruction he has caused, then allowing him to make the deiciosn whether to go and find Chloe or not. I was surprised Michael and Pippa thought it a good idea for Jack to write a message in the photo album though.

1785-1790
So sad that Ms Clarke died.
This feud between Alf/Alisa and Micheal/Pippa is interesting.
Sally decides to forgive Jack.
I'm pretty sure Micheal is too blame for the kids going missing.
Selina and Curtis are so cute.
Selina swallowing a bee and then having that weird dream sequence was freaky.

little sally took her time in forgiving Jack, didn't she?

The "dream sequence"

Spoiler

(along with the predictions of Steven and Dodge's clifftop fight in future episodes)

is a play on the imaginary, make-believe world of "dying and going to heaven" and is one example of how the writers seem to think some viewers are dumb enough to believe it's possible for water to flow uphill, the Earth is flat, or the laws of physics can allow perpetual motion.

I think Curtis and Laura were cute. Curtis and Selina stink like a couple of rats that died a few weeks ago and have been rotting in some lost corner of the house and you just can't get rid of the smell!!

Dodge escaped being caught, which is good in a way but while I have to say it was wrong for him to murder "mud", it is good that Steven isn't getting the satisfaction of turning Dodge in for the murder.

Archived