Melissa George now reminiscing about her days on H&A

Pantherboy

I definitely think the reaction to what was said a few years ago was completely over the top. I know she did sound quite snobbish and as if she resented her time on the show a little, but I believe that it was more a release of frustration rather than really wanting to disown her past.

She's said plenty of times in other interviews how much she enjoyed her time on H&A, but then also seems embarrassed by it too which is bizarre. But if we remember that in the 90's the Aussie film/TV industry really was quite snobbish towards 'soap actors' - a lot of people from soaps back then seemed ashamed of the association. These days soaps don't have the same stigma.

Melissa has done pretty much some of her best acting in H&A as far as I'm concerned and she could have become a classic Aussie actress if she'd continued with roles that were more grounded in reality Imo. H&A has been the only real mainstream show that has given her a lot of on-going material to sink her teeth in to and really it was the show that made her so so so popular. She was absolutely at the top of the tree in Australia during the mid-90's, so famous and really loved.

It must feel awful to see that completely shift and have that ripped away from you.... I know that it's her own doing to a degree - she should have just been chilled with the references to H&A and if she'd have just spoke fondly about it and embraced it over the years, people probably wouldn't have gone on about it as much and she probably could have maintained her adulation and support.

3 hours ago, alexx said:

I definitely think the reaction to what was said a few years ago was completely over the top. I know she did sound quite snobbish and as if she resented her time on the show a little, but I believe that it was more a release of frustration rather than really wanting to disown her past.

She's said plenty of times in other interviews how much she enjoyed her time on H&A, but then also seems embarrassed by it too which is bizarre. But if we remember that in the 90's the Aussie film/TV industry really was quite snobbish towards 'soap actors' - a lot of people from soaps back then seemed ashamed of the association. These days soaps don't have the same stigma.

Melissa has done pretty much some of her best acting in H&A as far as I'm concerned and she could have become a classic Aussie actress if she'd continued with roles that were more grounded in reality Imo. H&A has been the only real mainstream show that has given her a lot of on-going material to sink her teeth in to and really it was the show that made her so so so popular. She was absolutely at the top of the tree in Australia during the mid-90's, so famous and really loved.

It must feel awful to see that completely shift and have that ripped away from you.... I know that it's her own doing to a degree - she should have just been chilled with the references to H&A and if she'd have just spoke fondly about it and embraced it over the years, people probably wouldn't have gone on about it as much and she probably could have maintained her adulation and support.

Yes Alexx she is loved my many fans and I understand talking to many fans who met and know other Aussie stars........Your spot on with your opinion I agree, Most actors I liked have been kind friendly and only a few sadly that do not want to be bothered, As I told a mate once an actor (Actress worse) gets married and have kids they want to lose the HOTTIE label ASAP. Your right there is a stigma toward certain actors. I been to many cons and events and enjoy hearing behind the scenes stories and working on a hit show is hard work.....not all enjoy every day on the set....

I understand some actors get tried and sometimes say mean things and seem ungrateful.............Like Her I know of other Aussies who have issues...............ONE whom I cant say who they are had such a bad experience with Stalkers and fans plus add to that they have a Jealous mate and family who had to deal with people "who don't know the meaning of personal space?" Which is sad as they so popular and loved yet turned down 3 series and only does films and guest roles, As one of my American Heroes once said 'Its not all Sunglasses and Autographs" I understand actors have bad days yet she should have though her remark before she made it...........I know of another Aussie who trying to become the next Melissa Horror star.......Your right she done a lot of good work here in the states,

She married with a kid and as I was told by people who know actors that impacts your work.........I'm guessing that's the reason things are as they are with her.............and others.

Again with few exceptions  most of the time I take interviews and posts as PR. Do I forgive her. Well she admitted she was wrong  I wished others would.

Yet Soap stars should know they held to a high standard by many fans as a girl told me in college, Shows like H&A and Neighbours have been very nice with only a few exceptions  (Mainly as the actors left)

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, beau_t said:

I've only just read the update on this where she explained posting the photo (and her "meltdown" last year). Maybe now's the time for BTTB to request an interview, while she's in a good mood? :D

Yes Actors should NEVER talk to the press or go out in public if they are not having a great day. I heard that from actors I met at events and cons here in the states.......

I'm very disappointed at what many would see as an ungrateful attitude and its sad...They a lot of nice and good actors who would love to have had the career she got!

I talked with a lot of fans and you hear bad and good things depending on the encounter...........

I held many Aussies up to a high standard in terms of talent and for being good people..........

90% of those I know of and have sent fan mail have been great!

Are they worse actors yes they are.........she was wrong yet sadly they are some who are not as great due to bad encounters with the fans and one STAR loathes that which is why they not working full time.

MY standards is

1. Be honest with the Fans..........I was sad to hear one actor agent posted online for them and there enough fake accounts out there. If you know actors are sincere and will thank you that's great!

2. Fan Mail Although I gave the hobby up due to a bad experience years ago I know others who enjoy and get replies and I'm happy for them.

3. Support their project .IF an actor is not happy on a show then they should leave and like the above if you don't have a good attitude then it affects how you feel toward the fans and To me there nothing worse than an actor who not proud of their character or Does NOT want to be a team player with the cast.

One thing that upset me was another actor who (Probably her PR person ) posted (As her) she LOVE to return to Ramsey Street yet I was told by 2 sources that they was NO plans to and she had put that role in her past!

So as another fan said they have to live with what they said and that goes for Melissa as well.

This was posted online by another famous Aussie star and could explain Melissa and others actions................

"I'm not the same soul I once was. A lot has changed. A lot had to change. So you shouldn't expect out of me who I embodied in the past for that part of me no longer exist!

HOW TRUE THAT IS!

The same thing one ex source told me from the set and as I told mates Down Under.............

As I always said Actors change some for good some for bad............Sadly George and the above actor have moved on.

Archived