LissaBelle24

Title Of Story: Second Chance.

Type Of Fic: Medium/Long Fic
BTTB Rating: T/A
Main Characters: Charlie and Brax
Genre: Relationships, Drama, Fantasy
Does story include spoilers: No. 

Any warnings: None as of yet.

Summary: Charlie isn't sure what to feel when she is given a second chance with the love of her life. Disclaimer: I do not own home and away. All credit to the writers. It's just a fanfiction. 

Prologue: 

"Darryl Daniel Braxton, you are here by sentenced to twenty years for the murder of…"

Charlie couldn't listen to the judge anymore, tears streamed down her cheeks as her innocent husband was found guilty of a murder he hadn't committed. They thought things were going to be okay, if only Martin Ashford had been smart enough to hide the money elsewhere, Charlie swore to herself if she ever saw him again she'd rip him apart.

"Charlie. Charlie. It's going to be okay. I love you!"

Charlie stared at him blankly as he was pulled away in handcuffs. She couldn't believe him, he had the nerve to say he loved her now, they were married, expecting their first child together and he had left her alone to raise their baby. She took a deep breath at his sad expression, he looked so distraught. "I love you too Brax" She turned around and left the court room aware that Heath and Andy were following closely behind.

"Charlie, are you okay?" Heath grabbed her arm as they walked out into the fresh air.

Charlie turned to him. "No Heath. I'm not even close to being okay. He's an idiot. An idiot. How am I meant to explain to three teenagers that he isn't coming home" Charlie felt the tears pouring down her cheeks. "What am I going to do Heath?" Charlie cried softly.

Heath wrapped his arms around her, letting her cry into his chest. "We will figure it out"

"You've got us Charlie. We aren't going anywhere" Andy promised.

Charlie sniffled, the tears still running down her cheeks. It wasn't fair. How could the law fail so badly? Sending an innocent man to jail for a crime he didn't commit.

/*/*/*/*/

Charlie laid in her bed crying silently to herself. She didn't understand how things could go so wrong. Brax didn't deserve any of this and now he was dead. The truth would never come out now; he had died with everyone still assuming he was guilty.

Clutching her photo of them together on the beach she held on tightly. He would never even see their child. He would never hold his son or know his name.

Everything was falling apart. Her whole world was crashing down around her. No one could stop it. No one could give her Brax back.

"Mum"

Charlie didn't roll over as the door to her bedroom opened. She couldn't face her daughter. Her beautiful fourteen year old who thought of Brax as her father. Telling the teenagers had been the hardest thing to do. She had seen the absolute despair in Casey's eyes as he sunk down to the floor and cried. The anger that erupted from Kyle as he tossed over a chair and stormed out of the house. Ruby had just looked impassively at the wall and Charlie thought that was the worst. At least Casey and Kyle were showing emotion but for Ruby it was like the teenager felt nothing.

"Mum" Ruby climbed up onto the bed wrapping her arms around Charlie, her right hand resting over her mother’s bump. "I'm here mum. I'm here" Ruby soothed, clinging to her mother tightly as the sobs sounded loudly though the silent room.

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

And there you have it.
I’d really like it if you could review. If you have questions I will try to answer them without spoiling the story. Or if you have any ideas then I would love to hear them.
Either pm me or drop a review.

Much Love. x

Fantastic start. Really interested to see where you take this. Just wondering what age Casey and Kyle are in this? I'm also assuming Kyle didn't do the whole kidnapping Casey and trying to kill him thing in this version of reality? Well written :-) Looking forward to more!

Archived