Blades Of Skye !!!!

JosieTash

LOVIN’ the comments, Kirsten, Red Ranger 1 and Sarah !!!!

CHAPTER 11!!!

Billie [annoyed] “OOOW !!!!!”

Ricky [sarcastic voice, with her hand firmly gripping his sister’s arm] “Such a baby.”

Ricky wrenches on Billie’s arm, starting to pull her up from her seat. Billie muchly has a grimace on her face!!!  

Charlie [authoratively] “Let her go, Ricky.”

Ricky [sternly] “This has got NOTHING to do with you. It’s a family matter.”

Charlie “When you got violent in my town, it DOES have a lot to do with me.”

Skye [worried, annoyed voice] “Yeah, leave her alone.”    

Ricky [angry voice] “Stay out of this, four eyes.”

Billie jerks her body, breaking herself free of her sister’s grip …..

Billie “Hey, that’s my friend you’re insulting.”

Ricky [sarcastically] “Friends are no match for family ….but that’s right, you don’t have any family anymore. You betrayed them.”

Ricky tries to grab hold of her sister again, but Charlie blocks her from doing so …..

Charlie “Keep in civil, or you’ll be coming down to the station with me.”

Ricky [annoyed] “Why on EARTH are you siding with this brat of a stranger? Is it cos your wife kissed me all that while ago?”

Billie sees that that comment has clearly affected Charlie, who has a decidedly slightly annoyed look on her face. She doesn’t know the police officer but wouldn’t be surprised if the uniform is the only reason Charlie is being as reasonable as she is. It’s like, maybe without Charlie being a girl in blue, she’d be cat fighting Ricky in the diner right now.  

Billie [as soothing as she can] “Ricky, we gotta sort this out. Can we talk? We NEED to. There’s stuff you don’t know.”

Ricky glares at her sister …….

Ricky [annoyed voice] “What’s there to say?”

Billie ”Can we do this some place OTHER than what looks like the social centre of this town?”

Skye [sad voice, after seeing that Ricky isn’t budging] “Your sister’s come all this way. Wish MY sis was still around.”

Ricky WAS about to have another go at Billie, but Skye’s tone of voice was too compelling. Sounds like Skye’s sister is dead, and whilst Adam is still alive, it almost feels like he’s not longer with us ….being in prison and all.

Ricky [as calmly as she can, despite being annoyed to see her sister] “OK. But this is gonna be one on one. No friends. No cops. You and me, Billie. My place.”

Billie [although wary of the offer] “I can do that.”

Skye [worried] “Are you sure about this, Billie?”

Billie [with Ricky death staring Skye at this point] “I can handle my sister.”

A still worried Skye hugs Billie, before the Sharpe siblings exit the diner. Skye then starts thinking about her OWN situation. She has to go to the Palmer house. Billie faced her fear, or IS right now …… so it’s Skye’s turn ……but before she gets to even sip another bit of her drink ……

Charlie [friendly voice] “What’s your name, Miss?”

Skye [surprised voice, as she expected Charlie to walk away with Billie and the like] “Oh …. It’s Skye.”

Charlie “You asked me about Ruby ……and your friend talked about …….. “

Skye [cutting in, softly] “They’re names are Bella and Rikki ….and, yeah, can see this is sensitive.”

Charlie “Tell me about how my DAUGHTER Ruby was in your dream and we’ll go from there.”

+++

Not long after, Ricky and Billie enter Ricky’s caravan and sit. Barely a word was spoken tween them in the way here [in Billie’s car]. Billie is a little worried that her sister IS easily within grabbing/striking range, but she REALLY wants to make things right with Ricky, who IS muchly angry at her ….

Ricky [annoyed voice] “What ARE you doing here anyway? AND how did you find me? I deliberately lost touch with everyone back home. Too many BAD memories, and I’m looking at the WORST of them.”

Billie [almost sheepishly] “Face book.”

Ricky “So you’re STALKING me now !!!”

Billie [defensive voice] “It’s not like that. A friend, not Skye, helped me with lock onto you through your location settings.”

Ricky [still annoyed] “Sneaky BITCH. Why have you come here anyway?”

Billie [cautiously] “Things ….things are better tween Adam and me …..and Mum and Dad and I too.”

Billie can see that she’s surprised her sister with this news. Billie knew that she was out of the loop til recently. But hadn’t really realised that once Ricky moved away that she’d lost all contact with the fam as well.

Ricky [sarcastic voice] “Well that’s just GREAT. I’m soooooo happy for you.”

Billie [trying to assert herself] “I get that you and Adam have always been very close. Being twins and all but ………….”

Ricky [angry voice, cutting in] “You hit the nail right on the head there. It’s good you remember that Adam and I are like that. REALLY wish you had of when you sold him down the river and got him sent to jail. [SCREAMS] I lost a BABY cos of you !!!!!!!!”

TO BE CONTINUED

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MUCHLY thanks for the comments, RedRanger 1 Kirsten and Sarah!!!!

Note – I wish the Rosie, Skye scene below is more emotional ….but like Tim Blanchard today when he crashed into the AWESOME Garth Tander [Aussie V8s], I seem to have run out of talent.

CHAPTER 12!!!

Billie is dumbfounded. Did she just hear that right???

Billie [shocked, inquisitive voice] “What ?!?!?”

Ricky [angry] “You’re such a stupid little bitch, you can’t figure it out.”

Billie “I get you’re angry ……… “

Ricky [cutting in, annoyed voice] “Angry doesn’t even come close.”

Ricky lets out a loud shrill scream !!!!!!!!!

She sooooooo needs to vent …..having the person who’s made her life a "bit" of mess back in her life again. Ricky hopes Billie won’t be for long ….and actually spelling things out might be the way to get her to GO AWAY again.

Ricky [as calmly as she can, but she still sounds pretty fired up] “I miscarried …..about 2 years ago. ALL cos our brother’s fellow prison inmates saw him as an easy, rich, pretty boy target. They BASHED him. Constantly. Kicks and punches to his stomach ALL the time.”

Ricky sees the shocked look of realiastion on Billie’s face. She can see that Billie NOW understands why Ricky was talking about twins ….. as the beatingS that Adam took also UBER muchly affected Ricky …….

Billie [regretful voice] “I’m SO sorry.”

Ricky [angry voice] “Sorry ain’t gonna cut it, little sis. After I lost the baby, my ship with my boyfriend fell apart. Only NOW am I starting to get back on my feet. Couldn’t hold down a job for quite a while there. ALWAYS thinking of the baby I lost. Haven’t been in a ‘ship for ages. And now, YOU show up. GREAT !!! My life is gonna get ruined AGAIN.”

Billie [tearful voice] “There’s no way I could know that would happen, but ……..”

Ricky [fiercely, cutting in] “But NOTHING. If you came here looking for forgiveness, you’re NOT getting it. [really angry] Suggest you GET OUT of my van.”

Billie’s head is spinning. She knew that mending fences with Ricky wasn’t going to be a walk in the park ….as it took a while to get her ship with her parents and Adam heading in the right direction again ……but the news that her sister lost a baby is BEYOND huge, but Billie hopes it won’t be too much ……

Billie [cautiously] “I’ll leave ….. but only your van. I’m not leaving town. We CAN sort US out. I know it.”

Ricky [sarcastic voice] “Don’t hold your breath.”

Billie exits the van. She knew that this first meeting with her sister in sooooo long wasn’t going to be a miracle cure, but the news she’d just heard has REALLY hit her hard …….especially since Ricky clearly hasn’t told their parents or Adam about what’s happened to the baby OR indeed anything about the pregnancy. Billie knows that Skye’s had all kinds of issues with her dad. Maybe she, or the people in the Bay that Skye dreamt of, will be able to help.

+++

Elsewhere, Billie’s road trip friend is still at the diner. Charlie recently bailed, after she and Skye very discreetly talked about the Bay’s resident mermaids …..with Charlie only revealing what she needed to for the time being. After all, who knows how long Skye will be in town. Before Charlie headed off, she phoned Ruby …..who agreed to meet with the mysterious new girl ……but as Skye waits for Charlie’s daughter, she is surprised to see another dream familiar face …….

Rosie [moments after she enters the diner and goes to the counter] “My usual coffee, thanks.”

Skye knows that she freaked out Billie by just blurting out her name on the side of the road, but can’t help herself …..

Skye [calls out]“Rosie, it’s great to finally actually meet you.”

Rosie [after she quickly looks in the direction of the person who spoke] “Who? What? Are you talking to me?”

Skye [happy voice] “The bubbly blonde literally from my dream? Most definitely.”

Rosie is further initially taken aback by that comment, but then she thinks of everything that’s happened to her since she arrived in the Bay ……meeting the mermaids AND alien in disguise Billy; travelling back in time to try to end her own life before it started; her bestie Sasha being paralysed …….. so she decides to go with the flow …….

Rosie [as she sits at Skye’s table, across from the brunette teen] “OK, I’ll bite. Girl of your dreams, eh? I have a girlfriend, btw. We’re awesome together.”

Skye “Good to know, but not what I meant.”

Rosie [slightly perplexed by that, but deciding to move on]“What’s with this dream? ……..and WHO are you?”

Skye tells Rosie all she can remember/think of that fateful slumber not that long ago. She can see that Rosie is VERY intrigued. It’s not every day you’re told by a person you’ve never met that they are dreaming about you. Well, unless you’re a celeb ……and last time Rosie checked, she’s not one of those.

Skye can see that Rosie is very responsive to the story …that she seems to be believing what she is hearing, so she decides to tell the blonde EVERYTHING about her life ………………………

Rosie [shocked, tearful voice] “Oh GOD !!!! Your dad’s such a PIG. [forlorn voice] Reminds me of my OWN folks.”

Skye listens intently. She knows that she’s had it bad, but what she’s been through sounds like NOTHING compared to what Rosie is telling her …the horrid truths that started when her religious NUTCASE parents threw Rosie out of home just because she’s gay ……..

Skye [overwhelmed voice, as she starts to cry cos of ALL she has heard] “I …I can’t ……. Thank you SOOO much for telling me ALL of that. Here am I, a kinda stranger to you and you tell me all of THAT.”

Rosie [happy voice, despite her own tears]  “You’re no stranger, Skye. We’re FRIENDS now. A 'ship forged in the determination to overcome ALL we’ve been through.”

Skye [as she tries to stop her cries] “Sounds like a plan to me.”

Rosie puts a soothing hand on Skye’s shoulder, trying to assure her new friend that things will get better. After all, Rosie’s in a good place right now. Awesome girlfriend, great friends …….

Speaking of whom, Charlie’s daughter enters the diner ….

Ruby [enthused voice]”Hey, Rosie ……..and the bespectacled girl who looks like the person Mum said had a DREAM about me.”     

TO BE CONTINUED

AWESOME thanks for the comments, Kirsten, Sarah, RedRanger 1 and welcome aboard pembie !!!!

pembie, I’m honestly not sure whether Alf’s deal will be mentioned again …as much of this fic is a work in progress [I know only loosely where I’m going etc]. I’m not planning a return for Jett. 

CHAPTER 13!!!

Billie pulls up in the car park of the diner. She thinks of the woeful mood she was in after her chat with Ricky. Billie didn’t even think a drive of her beloved Peugeot 504 would help, but as she drove, her mind calmed ….and she thought of an idea. Best to run it past Skye though …..and anyone else who is willing to help the newbies in town.

Billie enters the diner, and is more than a little surprised to see Skye deep in conversation with, from the way she remembers Skye describing them, several of the people from THAT dream ……..

Billie “Looks like the dream gang’s all here …….except for …..now what was her…… [excitedly] Sasha. Yeah, the girl in the wheelchair.”

Skye [to Ruby and Rosie] “In case you’d not guessed, girls, this is Billie. She’s Ricky’s sister. And yes, non “Angel” Ricky.”

Rosie [happy voice] “REALLY good to meet you, Billie.”

Ruby “Same. Oh, and Sash would be here if she wasn’t at uni right now. From what Skye’s said, this whole dream she had, what we were doing, sounds MONDO exciting.” 

Billie “Agreed. Sounds like a treasure hunt of some kind.”

Rosie “Yeah, totes agree.”

Billie [cautiously] “Skye, if was wondering …….. no.”

Skye [worried voice] “Come on, I thought we could tell each other ANYTHING now. We’re like sisters.”

Billie almost can’t believe that her road trip bestie just said that …….

Billie [cautiously, but with an upbeat look on her face] “Well, since we’re that close …..was wondering if you AND our new friends could help me …… BEFORE the treasure hunt.”

Skye “What’s that look about?”

Billie “I REALLY want to fix things with my other sister. She ……. I don't know if I should say this. She might not want people to know.“

Ruby “Sounding pretty serious. Ricky’s pretty good friends with my Mum and Stepmum. Yeah, my stepmum, Bianca, is a teacher. Works at same school as Ricky.”

Rosie [realizes something] “Oh …..I bet I know what you’re talking about. [kinda softly] Her miscarriage.”

Billie [a little surprised] “How do you ………[“wakes up”] This IS a small town, isn’t? [Skye and co. nod] I’ll tell you my OWN deal soon enough. Bet you already know Skye’s. She’s quite chatty when she gets going.”   

Skye “Not gonna deny it. Live in the country. “Billions” of miles tween farms. Not many people to talk to ……...Anyway, sound like this whole Ricky thing is VERY serious. Let’s attack IT first. Yeah, THIS will be the DREAM team’s 1st mission ….before the treasure hunt.”

Billie smiles, especially when Ruby and Rosie nod in agreement …..

Rosie “Sasha will surely want to help too ……but what’s the haps?”

Billie “Is there anyone in her life right now?”

Ruby “Not that I know of. I doubt it though.”

Billie [disappointed voice] “Too bad ……. [hopeful voice] Any eligible bachelors in town?”

Skye [cautiously] “What’s your plan?”

Billie “I don’t know how brilliant this is ….but IF she hooks up with someone ……….. “

Rosie [cutting in, excitedly] “She could be preggy !!!!”

Billie, now that she’s heard someone ELSE say it, is a little worried. Even IF her sister hooks up with a guy and they have a child, that won’t take away what Ricky lost ………… and Skye, who can see the anguished looks on her friend’s face, senses what Billie is doing through ……

Skye “Yeah, it won’t bring Ricky’s 1st child back, but she’ll know you’re doing all you can to try and make her life better.”

Ruby “I think it’s a GOOD idea. Your sister seems to just be going through the motions these days. It’s like, Maddy told me recently that whilst some of Ricky’s classes are REALLY inspired, most of the time, it seems like she’s just “phoning it in”. BTW, your sister's an arts teacher. Started just by helping out with a photography portion of the subject, but sprawled from there.”

Rosie “Yeah, have to agree with Rubes. And even though Bianca kissed her…..when she was drunk, LONG story, ….. Ricky’s still totally into guys.”

Billie wasn’t expecting to hear about a girl on girl dalliance involving her sister. Maybe, even though she’s knows/been told, her sister’s into guys that this ISN’T such a good idea …….

Skye [optimistic voice] “Come on, Billie. It IS a good plan ……but what about guys? Yeah, Rosie and Ruby, suggestions???”

Ruby “Well, for starters, Sasha’s man Blake AND mine are out. Btw, Billie, my guy’s name is …….Billy.”

Billie [surprised voice] “That could get ……..confusing. Suggest we call your man William when I’m about. Only my mum and dad get to call me Belinda …..[cheeky voice] and only IF I’ve been enough of a BRAT to deserve it.”

Ruby [cautiously] “Confusing? Yes …….especially when MY Billy ….....dresses like a girl. [carefree voice] The whole deal. Bras. Panties. Dresses. Skirts. All kinds of cute tops. Mid back length bloodnut wig. Cami’s or chemises at night. He REALLY like maxi dresses the most.”

Billie wasn’t expecting that. She can see that Skye wasn’t either ….. but Billie LIKES how forward and honest Ruby is, and ……

Skye [enthused] “Different …but cooooooool. Look forward to meeting him, Ruby.”

Ruby “Call me Rubes. Both of you. Especially you, [teasing voice] Belinda.”

Skye [as Billie smirks] “Rubes, I hope my dad doesn’t turn up in this town. He’d want to KILL your man in sight. My dad’s a Neanderthal that way.”

Ruby “Thanks for the heads up …and thanks for telling me your deal earlier. You’re so brave to escape such a moron.”

Rosie “Speaking of which, Billie, don’t even THINK about arranging for Ricky to hang out with a guy called Andy. He’s a THUG and a loser and wish he was a BILLION miles from here.”

Ruby “ Seconded.”

Skye “Thirded. I’ve not met this Andy but he sounds ……….. “

Skye shudders in mock disgust, whilst ……

Billie “OK, I’m hearing about all these guys she SHOULDN'T or can't “get”  with, but how about ……… “

Rosie [cutting in] “Oh, and Chris is out too. He’s going out with my ex, Lottie. I mean, I totally hated them when she left me for him ……but must admit, they are good together …AND I would have NEVER got together with Denny if was still with Lottie.”

Ruby can see that Billie and Skye are trying to come to terms with the now scuttled girl-girl ship, on top of the news of cross dresser Billy, and …..

Ruby “OK, quick heads up. There’s a few same sex ships here in town. Mum and Stepmum, “Angel” Rikki and Em, and there’s Cleo and Bella. On top of Rosie and her girl ……and me and my man aren’t run of the mill either. So ……we may be a little sleepy coastal town, but ……………. “

Billie [cutting in] “Sounds like an accepting place. Especially with your b/f, Rubes.

Ruby “There’s been some people who’ve given us trouble, but BEYOND helps that we’ve had Alf Stewart, a LEGEND in this town, in our corner.”

Rosie “Totes. Alf’s the heart of the Bay. [excitedly] And hey, that made me think. I've got the PEREFECT guy for Ricky. I mean my girl Denny works with Alf …and she’s the sister of one Zac Maguire.”

Billie [enthused, but cautious voice] “Zac, eh? What’s his deal?”

Rosie “He’s a teacher too ………[cautiously] and he’s single.”

Billie [a little worried] “You sound ………….. “

Ruby [cutting in] “Zac was together with Tamara. She had to leave town cos of stuff going on with her fam. They tried the long distance thing but …………… “ [her voice trails off]

Billie’s head is spinning a little. This Zac sound like a good suitor for her sis. Same profession. Also a “bit” down in the dumps …….

Billie [keen voice] “Rosie, can you talk to your girl? Get her to sus out whether this ….Zac would be interested?”

Rosie [happy voice] “ANYTHING for a GREAT new friend.”

Billie smiles. She has NO idea whether Zac will be interested in Ricky …..or her in him ……but would be great if they were. Ricky deserves some happiness, most especially cos of her BEYOND heartbreaking loss.

TO BE CONTINUED

• 2 weeks later...

MANY many thanks for the comments, Kirsten, RedRanger 1, pembie and Sarah  !!!!

NOTE - it's ironic that i should post Chapter 14 this w/e, given that my fave F1 driver Fernando Alonso drives car # 14. On the plus side, I don't think/hope this chapter is a wipe out ......like the BIG crash that Fernando had in the Aussie Grand Prix !!!  

CHAPTER 14!!!

It’s lunch time 2 days after the dream gang talked about finding a man for Billie’s sister, Ricky. Rosie sits nervously at a table at the diner. Maybe she should have arranged this meeting to be at the surf club, but then Rosie thinks that would be like socializing where she works. A million things are going through Rosie’s mind. It’s like, not only did Skye and Billie stay at her & Ruby’s etc house the last few nights …where Billie indeed met her namesake, who was wearing a 2 tone blue maxi dress when she 1st met him. The 2 newbies were more than a little surprised to see Ruby’s cross dressing b/f in the flesh. Indeed, Rosie recalls the brief, but definitely there, look of shock and slight disdain from Skye when she 1st laid eyes on Billy. Country girl Skye hadn’t encountered anyone like the unknown to her alien, but she realized pretty quickly that while Billy may dress a "little" differently, he otherwise behaves the way she would expect of a young man DEEPLY in love with his g/f …and is committed to his friends/fellow housemates.  

Rosie also thinks about how Skye wants to lie low until she figures a few things out, so she is staying at the house for the time being …….. and when Skye told the others her plan, it included – for the time being – NOT telling John and Marilyn that she’s in town. Not just yet anyway.

ALL this thinking means that Rosie isn’t paying attention to the here and now, so ………

Zac [as he sits across from Rosie, same table] “Hey, what’s happening?”

Rosie [surprised voice, as she was a ”million miles away”] “Hey ….Zac ….Sorry for being all …….[strained voice] I don’t know.”

Talking to Zac about the whole hook up sitch isn’t something Rosie is comfortable with, but she couldn’t arrange anything with Denny. Rosie muses that he g/f is her own worst enemy. It’s like, Denny COULD easily hire someone to take care of the shop bit of the bait shop, but Denny interviewed a number of applicants …with none of them being quite right for her lofty standards. Denny told Rosie that she KNOWS that this is keeping her working LOOOOONG hours, but it’s just too much in Denny’s nature to settle for just any old co worker.

Zac [concerned voice] “You seem flustered, Rosie, What’s up? Is there anything wrong with ...Denny that I should worry about?”

Rosie [surprised voice] “No ……[worried voice] well aside from her being maybe …….[more assured] no."

Zac [concerned voice] “What’s this all about?”

Rosie [optimistic voice, after she steadies herself] “How’ve you been going these days? Life treating you well?”

Zac [curious about why she’s asking] “Things are …..OK. Bit of a worry that both of my sisters seem to be total workaholics. Yeah, Denny with the bait shop, and Evie at the hospital ……why do you ask?”

Rosie knows that she has to bring up the whole idea of dating Ricky, but she doesn’t want to hit too much of a nerve talking about a certain ex, maybe. Rosie decides to end her own nightmare, and …………

Rosie “So, Zac, have you, like, got a voodoo doll of Tamara? …or a dartboard with her photo on it?”

Zac [surprised voice] “What kinda question is that?”

Rosie [slightly frantically] "I needed to break the ice. [more relaxed] Denny and I ….we’re …we just want to know how things are ……you know, post Tamara.”

Zac muses that nothing’s happened ship wise since the long distance thing became too much, and …….

Zac [unsure voice] “I don’t know. OK, I guess.”

Rosie [confidently] “Unless I missed something, you’ve not dated since.”

Zac “Where’s all this coming from, Rosie?”

Rosie “Well, Denny ….and I …think you should ...get back on the horse.”

Zac had no real idea what this meeting at the diner was all about. Sure, he and Tamara and Rosie/Denny double dated occasionally, but he and Rosie hadn’t hung out without their partners. Zac knows that he’s not been on the dating scene since. Like his sisters, Zac’s job has been taking up a lot of his time but, MAYBE, Rosie’s inquiry has come at the right time. Zac knows that he’s been deliberately channeling a lot of his time into the school, but maybe it IS time to get back out there ……….

Zac [a little tentatively] “Who ……have you and my sister got anyone in mind?”

Rosie “I’ve been hearing you’ve been spending a lot of time at school ….with your job and all, sooooo …….what about ….. Ricky?”

Zac is once more surprised. A fellow teacher, eh …..and one who teaches in a similar field to him. Zac hadn’t really thought about dating Ricky. He’s hung out with her for work before, and she IS rather gorgeous. It’s just that Zac never really thought of them getting together, but maybe he should have ……….

Zac [tentatively] “Have you …..or my sisters heard anything on the grape vine? Does she …..like me? Has she said anything?”

Rosie [confidently] “Not gonna lie. I have NO idea. She’s not dating anyone, but could find out for you? Would be subtle. Find out for you …….how she’s feeling.”

Zac [assured voice] “That WOULD be good. After Tamara, don’t want to go into a new ship blind.”

Rosie [happy voice] “I’ll see what I can do.”

Rosie finishes the last bit of her drink and heads for the counter to pay. Now for the 2nd part of the dream gang’s plan.

+++

That afternoon, it’s the last class of the day and Maddy is thinking about something that’s got nothing to do with what Ricky is, well, trying to teach the class right now. Maddy got a phone call last night from Sasha, wondering if she’s sus out the blonde teacher ….to see if there is any potential for the Zac plan. Maddy LOVES the idea of playing matchmaker, with the bonus of helping these new friends of her friends Sasha, Ruby and Rosie …….who she adored going skinny dipping with months before.

The last bell goes for the day, and while all the other students can’t wait to get out of class, Maddy remains in her seat …..which Ricky notices soon enough …….

Ricky [jokingly] “Oh God, I’ve bored a student to sleep …….. [more serious] but you don’t look “dead”. What’s up, Maddy?”

Maddy [a little tentatively] “Miss …..can we talk?”  

TO BE CONTINUED

Billy’s maxi dress

1-600x900.jpg

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY with the thanks for commenting, Kirsten, RedRanger 1, Sarah and pembie !!!!

Pembie, at this point there’s no plan to have something off kilter with the bait shop, but I’ve got a few ideas up my sleeve in that department.

NOTE – the opening sequence below is a way of incorporating the Nate bit of this series of fic’s version of Evie.

NOTE – in this series of fics, Evie is a combo of herself [in terms of characteristics], mixed with Hannah [in  terms of age] and Nate [profession]

CHAPTER 15!!!

It’s an hour or so after Maddie talked to Ricky about Zac when Evie exits the gym. She knows that this place or, more to the point, gyms in general are a bit of a vice for her. MOST especially after a VERY good or VERY bad day at the office. Been this way after work ever since she lost a patient 2 years ago.  As she leaves the gym, Evie’s thinking about numerous things, including the man’s life she saved today. Was touch and go. Heart attack. Evie is soooooooo glad that they were able to being the man back, even after he was at one point clinically dead.

Evie is still in her active wear, including my fave purple sports crop top. Feels good to be back in it even after her long post intense work out shower. Evie feels so alive right now, and attuned to the world, so she DEFINITELY notices Ricky staring into space as she stands beside the pool table ………..

Evie “Hey, Ricky? [waits a bit, and after no response] Earth to Ricky?”

Ricky NOW pays attention to things other than inside her own head …..

Ricky [surprised voice] “Hey, Evie. [blurted out, as it’s the 1st thing that comes to mind] Looking all totally fit there.”

Evie [beaming voice] “Well, it’s just the BEST way to deal with a day of getting someone else’s blood pumping. [slightly concerned tone] Why were you just ……… “

Ricky [cutting in] “Staring into space? [surprised voice, after Evie nods] Did you know your BROTHER is into me?”

Evie was contemplating a number of responses from Ricky, but THAT wasn’t one of them. Since when did Zac have feelings for ANY girl since Tamara left?

Evie [shocked voice] “No way. [defensively] Totally would have told you. [curious voice] How ………. “

Ricky [cutting in] “Maddy told me today after class. She heard it on the Bay’s grapevine, supposedly ….. [slightly sarcy] my OWN connection to it must be down.”

Evie “Same here. Zac’s not said anything.”

Evie, who became friends with Ricky just over a year ago ….. when there was serious complications with what SHOULD have been minor surgery, wonders how she’ll feel about this. Her brother and a good/great friend together? Potential for being caught in the middle ……which wouldn’t be fun.

Ricky “I …I was surprised when Maddy said it. Maybe …. I mean you probably don’t want to hear this, but I think Zac’s pretty attractive.”

Evie [kinda annoyed voice] “Yeah, cos THAT’S what his sister wants to hear.”

Ricky [surprised voice] “What?!? You’re not so keen on me and Zac?”

Shouldn’t Evie WANT happiness for her friend and her brother? Evie puts her doctor brain in gear, thinking things through to their biological …….extreme ……  

Evie “How serious are you about this? How serious do you want you and Zac to be?”

Ricky “What do you mean?”

Evie “Are you just keen to date ……or are you looking for MUCH more?”

Ricky [curious voice] “Much more? What ARE you saying, Evie?”

Evie [slightly cautiously] “Well …..wedding bells ….and what comes after.”

Ricky [shocked voice] “Kids?”

Evie cautiously nods, and Ricky’s head is MUCHLY all over the place suddenly. It’s like, the idea of her and Zac, especially the way that Evie’s just said it, sounds so ………….. Ricky’s not sure how she feels …….

Ricky “I’m gonna bail, Evie. This whole Zac thing is doing my head in. What you just said, WHYever you said it has just ……….. “

Ricky doesn’t end that sentence. She merely exits the surf club and starts to ponder the sitch. It’s like, WHY did Maddy talk to her about Zac like that? And does Ricky want another child, even IF Zac is VERY keen on offspring   …..after she lost the 1st one so painfully?

Ricky knows that she COULD dwell on this forever, so she decides to all but instantly make a choice. Soon, the world will now what it is.

+++

That night , Billie – having muchly started the process of hopefully re-boding with her sister – convinces Skye to stop hanging out in secret at Rosie’s etc house …..so next morning, Skye is at the Palmer’s front door. Billie suggested that she could be there for moral support, but Skye told her that she needs to deal with this sitch, at least initially, on her own. And who knows, maybe Billie could move in with Skye when she lives with John and Marilyn ….....

Skye, heart “slightly” in her mouth - hoping that dad isn’t there waiting for her, knocks gingerly on the door …………..

John [on the couch, watching a rugby league game on TV] “It’s open.”

Skye opens the door and is hopeful that she can’t, at the moment, see the loser who locked her in her room. John looks towards the door, as he wasn’t expecting anyone …..                      

John [shocked voice] “Skye? What are ………… “

Skye [cutting in, with a worried voice] “Is HE here? [she sees a quizzical look from John] My dad?”

John “No. What’s …you look like ………………… “

Marilyn [cutting in, as she enters the room] “You look like you’re about to pass out in fright?”

John [as Skye nods] “Your dad. What’s happened?”

Skye tells them the sitch post John and Jett going to her home. John saw 1st hand the way Skye’s dad behaved …all seemingly father of the year. He’s shocked to hear what’s occurred – the whole being locked in her room, having to escape and then hitch hiking. with Billie.   

John and Marilyn insist on talking the sitch over. They head to their bedroom whilst Skye stays in the longue room ……

John “I don’t know how you feel about this, but after that man fooled me once, I’m not taking the chance again. I think we should let her stay with us …and deal with her dad when that comes?”

Marilyn [worried voice] “I don’t know, John. I know we’ve been keen to foster another child after Jett left but ……..I don’t know if Skye is ……..her sitch is…… what if this comes back to bite us?”

John can totally see Marilyn’s point, especially after Skye told them that her dad fired several shots at her, but he’s not ready to give up on Skye just yet.  

TO BE CONTINUED

AWESOME thanks for commenting, Kirsten, Red Ranger 1, Sarah and pembie !!!!

CHAPTER 16!!!

Billie is sitting on the front steps of her temporary abode …the house owned by Ruby, Sasha and co. She’s nervously waiting for both news of her sister’s love life and Skye’s impending return. She hopes the latter especially brings good news. It’s like, Billie knows that she’s been sleeping in her car throughout her road trip and that ANY actual bed should be an improvement, but the fold out couch bed she’s sharing with Skye isn’t exactly what Billie had in mind when she finally arrived in the Bay.

Billie looks at her phone for the millionth time. She presses the update button as she looks at Ricky’s face book page. IF something happened today, even just her sister posting that she is merely interested at all in Zac ….it would be good. Great even.

Despite the fact that Billie is seemingly glued to her phone, she notices Skye approaching. There’s a look on her face that Billie can’t quite read. Can you be excited AND filled with dread at the same time?

Billie [cautiously] “So, what’s ……… “

Skye [cutting in, fast/excited voice] ”Oh God !!! You’ll never believe what just happened. Marilyn insists that I prove myself worthy of living in that house. If I do, you can live there too. It’s like, I have to defeat my dad in, like, non deadly combat. I can’t believe it ……….. [deep breath] God, I need to calm down.”

Billie is dumbstruck. Like, did Skye just say she has the fight her dad kinda to the death? Ricky’s sister’s brain quickly kicks into gear. Didn’t Rosie tell her that Marilyn was all AGAINST Jett being involved in a boxing match with …. who was it? That’s right, VJ.

Billie has no idea what to say. She’s become VERY close to Skye. Not Rosie/Denny close, but she cares platonically a lot for the girl she met on her road trip. Billie decides, with her current optimism about finding a new man for her sister, to go all positive …….

Billie “You’re a tough county girl. I bet you could do it. In fact, I KNOW you can.”

Skye looks at Billie. She still is all excited and dread, with the excited bit seeming to be winning out …….

Skye [grateful voice] “Thanks for believing in me. [REALLY excited voice] And hey, I bet that THIS is what my DREAM was about. The one that led me to you AND back to the Bay. Yeah, we were all looking for something in the bush. I bet now that …… I bet they were weapons we were looking for. Not guns. Dad’s got a few of those, but yeah, I need to have that dream again. I need to see the rest. Gosh, I feel like I want to sleep right now. To, like, find out. What do you think? Think everyone will mind that I turned their couch into a bed a million years earlier they usual tonight? I’m so gonna do this. Can you help me?”

Skye has already started walking into the house when Billie starts to comprehend EVERYTHING her friend has said. It’s like, how can someone talk THAT fast? Billie heads into the house, still contemplating what Skye has said …all of it, including the dual to the death.

Billie [cautiously, as she helps Skye turn the couch into a bed] “This is just …… I don’t want to sound ……but ..taking on your dad like …however you will. I mean, why’s Marilyn wanting you to go all warrior woman?”

Skye stops folding out the bed. It’s about half way unfolded, but this is too important a conversation to be casually doing housework …or anything …..

Skye [passionately] “I know that Maz wouldn’t let my b/f merely box, but …I don’t know. I want to home to TRULY call my own. Even before Lisa was killed, I just ….the farm was a house, not a home. I want to prove myself. I want to best my dad. I want to share a bedroom at my new home with my new sister. Cos that’s what you are to me, Billie.”

Billie knew that, just like before, she was overawed by the sitch. It’s true about the sister thing though. That’s the way she feels about Skye too. Part of Billie almost can’t believe that. That she CAN be sooo connected to a girl that she met only a handful of days ago, but she does. Billie knows how resourceful Skye can be ….especially because of her daring escape, so, in spite of what might happen ………

Billie [enthused voice] “Let’s get this bed fully folded out. Time for you to get some hopefully dream filled sleep.”

Skye [happy voice] “Thanks, SISTER.”   

The duo fully unfold the bed and when they are completely done, Skye muchly HUGS Billie ….before she, with it still being daylight, gets into the bed. Skye, as she always does just before she hits the hay, takes off her glasses before truly gets comfy under the covers ...... 

Billie [happy voice] ”Good ….”night”, dream girl.”

Skye "Night. And hey, I went to sleep at about this time of day before I had the other dream, so hopefully."  

With that, Billie exist the room. She goes back and sits on the front stairs ……where she texts everyone in the house about the sitch.

+++

Elsewhere, Ricky has texted Zac. She’s not sure what to make of his texted response. She suggested nonchalantly to meet at Angelo’s. Ricky wonders how Zac will react to what she has to say. She’s wearing a very pretty, white, just above the knee length dress. There are blue splotches on it, and Ricky knows she’s deliberately sporting a bit of cleavage. Not too much, but this IS a date after all.

Ricky, as she waits for Zac, thinks about she kinda raced home post her chat with Evie. Couldn’t go on a date in the clothes she wore to school. That would feel wrong. She’s at the bar when she sees Zac enters the room. She’s a little surprised that he doesn't appear to have changed clothes. Maybe he thinks this whole invite is about work. Zac sees Ricky as soon as he arrives. She’s changed, he muses. He also thinks the boys in Ricky’s class would be “slightly” distracted by her cleavage .......if she’d looked that way at school, and when Zac gets to the bar ……

Zac [enthused, but a little nervous, voice] ”Nice dress.”

Ricky [with a wry smile] “This old thing. [forthright, after short pause] Zac, I hear that you’re into me.”

Zac further realizes that this ISN’T about work. Yes, he likes Ricky but he didn’t know that she was into him …. IF she is. Maybe …………

Ricky [forthright voice] “Gonna lay my cards on the table. If we start something, I want to go all the way. Wedding, babies, everything.”

Zac almost can’t believe what’s just happened. He likes Ricky, but how do you respond to THAT?

Zac drinks some of the glass of beer that Ricky must have ordered for him and …….   

TO BE CONTINUED

LOVING the comments, Kirsten, RedRanger 1 and Sarah !!!!

CHAPTER 17!!!

Zac looks at Ricky, admiring her beauty as he gathers his thoughts. He likes the blonde photographer turned fellow teacher, but that’s one amazing?!? suggestion ……. but what if …….

Zac [as positively as he can] “That might work.”

Ricky is more than a little surprised Zac had responded this way. She ….it was the ultimate play to stop anything from happening, as Ricky isn’t sure she ever wants to be in a ship again. The pain of losing her unborn child, and what followed, is still VERY raw …….

Ricky “What … what do mean?”

Zac “Let’s find out if we actually REALLY like each other first. You know, actually go out on a date or two. Like, we work together but I have …..I barely know anything about you. I know you from school, and we’ve occasionally chaperoned school excursions together ……. and I know you’re friends with the likes of Charlie and Bianca, in spite of what happened when B was a “little” tipsy. But yeah, what do you say?”

Ricky truly looks at Zac. She knows that when she came here all of Ricky’s thoughts were focused on what Evie had said. Like, maybe THAT approach would be the best way to ensure that she wouldn’t have to ensure any more ‘ship pain again. Ricky thinks of how distraught she was when the father of the child she miscarried just walked out on her. The guy, named Chaz, couldn’t cope with what had happened …. and that made Ricky’s pain even worse.

Ricky [cautiously] “What are you propos ……. planning?”

Zac [charming voice] “I want to sweep you off your feet.”

Ricky [forthright] “And then what?”

Zac is more than a little taken aback by how blunt she is ……..but he quickly catches his breath and …..

Zac [sincerely] “I want to let you sleep in while I deal with our “occasionally” mischievous kids, and do ALL I can to keep us together through good and bad.”

Ricky [quite impressed] ”Our kids, eh?”

Zac “Yeah, I say that IF we realize we REALLY like each other, let’s go with your plan. Completely all the way.”

Ricky [wry voice] “How many? [Zac looks at her blankly] Kids, you fool.”

Zac [jovially] “I’m a teacher, not a Jedi.”

Ricky “How many WOULD you want?”

Zac [unsure voice] Maybe two …… I don’t know. I was just …I like you and HOPE we can, you know, make a go of things. [assured voice] I’d like to get to know you. Really know you.”

Ricky “What if you don’t like what you see?”

Zac “I KNOW I will, but …that’s why we SHOULD truly see if we’re connected before we commit to marriage and babies. So what do you say?”

Ricky likes what she’s hearing so far ……

Ricky “Let’s go out on another date then. A REAL first date.”

Zac [encouraged by that] “Where?”

Ricky [with a wry smile] “Come on, if I’m gonna be having our babies, surely YOU can think of that one. I’ve got to head off. Look forward to hearing from you.”

With that, Ricky walks ways from Zac and out of Angelo’s. She knows this is all very whirlwind, but maybe that’s a good thing.

+++

Skye is in the middle of a deep sleep. Despite it being during the day, she drifted off quite quickly ….AND the teen gets her wish ………

Skye is in the bush. There’s no obvious landmarks as such surrounding her. Trees and shrubs just blending into each other ..with noting distinct. Ruby, Rosie, Billie and Sasha are close by. All looking for an item hidden deep in the bush land surrounding the Bay.

Cut to more people searching, but these people aren’t on Skye‘s side. It’s her DAD and 4 of his mates. They are searching an area of bush land different to where Skye and her friends are. Both groups are searching for similar items.

Skye and her group are scurrying and searing as fast as they can to find what they are looking for. All are VERY committed to the task. Skye’s future is at stake. The other group are similarly determined as they search.

Skye and her friends converge on THE spot. They can all sense what they are looking for is here. Skye hopes that her dad’s group hasn’t beaten her to the prize. The groups dig with their shovels. Rosie hears a solid thud as she digs. This must be it. Skye reaches into the hole they’ve dug and ……….

Skye wakes !!!! The bespectacled brunette sits bolt upright in bed ………

Skye [calls out] “Billie !!!!!!”

Her friend quickly re-enters the house, and ……

Billie [nervous, but excited voice] “What’s up?”

Skye [happy voice] “I had another dream. We gotta get to the Palmer’s”

+++

Billie and Skye quickly make their way on foot to where they were headed. Skye knocks rather quickly on the front door. She’s nervous as all hell ……

John [slightly annoyed] “Well, someone’s got their knickers in a twist. [kinda loudly] Hold your horses. Nothing’s that important. [surprised voice, after he gets up and opens the door] Skye !!! What’s …….. “

Skye [cutting in, excited voice] “I had another dream. Like the 1st one but different. Is Marilyn around?”

Marilyn [in the kitchen] “I’m here.”

Skye “Good. I need to talk to you both.”

John “Come in. You too, Billie.”

They all sit at the table, as John was muchly getting the vibe that this is rather serious …….

Billie [as she can see that Skye is nervous] “Here’s the thing. In Skye’s dream, we were all ……. “

Skye [cutting in, as she feels less overawed] ”Marilyn, you want me to prove myself worthy of living in this house. Well, in my new dream, myself and my father, we have a RACE to find something in the bush. Both with teams of 5. I don’t know what, or even where I was when I found ….whatever it is ……..and it was kinda weird that I didn’t dream about the “Angels” this time ….but yeah, I wonder if finding this ……. treasure is enough? Is winning the RACE enough?"

Skye is beyond nervous. She looks at Billie, who has a hopeful look on her face. Skye goes back to looking at Marilyn. Seems like forever since she asked the question about the race ….. combat of a different kind, but combat no less.

Skye hopes deeply that things will go her way.       

TO BE CONTINUED

FANTASTIC comments, Red Ranger 1, Kirsten, and Sarah !!!!

CHAPTER 18!!!

Skye is in the longue room of Rosie’s house, staring at her phone which is on the coffee table. She knows that she HAS to make a call, but as vital as it is, she can’t bring herself to do it. The call will being her closer to what she wants, to live with John and Maz ….and gladly end her run of sleeping in makeshift beds …….but ………… 

Billie, who knows what’s GOT to happen, is not far from Skye …..……

Billie [as she walks from the kitchen into the lounge room] “That phone isn’t going to make the call itself.”

Skye [worried voice] “Yeah, but …..I don’t know if I can face him ….figuratively.”

Billie [heartfelt] “Come on, Skye. You’re one of the BRAVEST people I know. You were scared STIFF of your dad but you STILL escaped …..and hitch hiked. Not saying that last one was especially bright, but it took guts …..which you have in SPADES, girl.”

Skye looks at her friend with a facial expression that’s all “You’ve just shot your OWN argument in the foot”…..

Billie [who sees the look on Skye’s face, but ….. ] “What’s the look about?”

Skye “I’m brave for escaping from my dad who I’m …… you KNOW I’d want to run a MILLION miles if I ever saw him again …..and you …….they want me to RING him and arrange this race !!!!”     

Billie sits on the couch right beside Skye, and puts her hands on her friend’s hands…….

Billie [enthused voice] “Skye, I can’t tell you enough how AMAZING you are. I KNOW you can do this. AND I just know that WE’RE going to win the race …..and you were right. We’re TOTALLY sisters now.”      

Billie reaches over and hugs Skye as tightly as she can, to show Skye how much she cares for her …….which Skye REALLY appreciates ……

Skye [happy voice] “You better stop hugging me. I’ve got a phone call to make.”

Billie [with a beaming smile on her voice] “Totes. I’ll leave you it ……or do you want me by your side?”

Skye [as Billie ends the hug] “You’ll be by my side in the race, just like you have been as we’ve shared this couch bed, but in THIS case .....I must face my father alone.”

Billie smiles and gets up off the couch. She isn’t sure initially if she should stick close to Skye, but realizes it’s best if she DOES give her friend some space. Besides the bound to be dry washing on the line isn’t going to take itself in, so Billie heads out the back door ………

........and as she does, Skye unlocks her mobile and accesses the contacts list and phones her dad. Skye’s heart is in her mouth as the phone rings. Maybe he won’t answer. Maybe he doesn’t ever want to speak to Skye EVER again ……

Skye’s Dad [moments after he answers his landline phone on his farm] “Lewis Peters speaking.”

Skye[cautiously] “D ….dad.”

Skye's Dad [annoyed] “What do you want, you little …….. “

Skye [cutting in] “I need …… [more cautiously] I want to live in the Bay, but ……. “

Skye's Dad [forthright voice] “Sounds like you NEED something. Something from your old man who YOU walked out on.”

Skye knows that she wants to hang up the phone there and then, but Marilyn insisted that Skye has to win the race she has THOSE dreams about ….and that means getting her dad to agree ……

Skye “The people I want to live with …they insist …… “

Skye's Dad [cutting in] “Sound like whoever it is doesn’t REALLY want you.”

Skye [assured] “They just want me to prove myself, which I will. We’re going to have a contest. You and me. If I win, I get to live where I want to and …………. “

Skye's Dad [stern voice]“What contest? ……..and what if I win? Better be worth it for me.”

Skye isn’t surprised about her dad’s reaction, especially that last bit …….but she also knows that she’s not going to get ANYWHERE without him agreeing to this. Skye thinks of the fiends she has in the Bay, particularly her new sister and all the people who live in this house. Skye thinks of Sasha especially - how well she’s coping with life in a wheelchair …………..

Skye [cautiously at first] “If you win ….. I’ll come home …without question.”

Skye KNOWS that offer is a one way ticket to potentially being locked in her room or WORSE for the term of her natural life, but she also knows that her new friends are awesome and WILL be successful ………

Skye’s Dad [cocky voice] “Better start packing your bags then. [typical, Skye muses] So, how AM I going to get you home?”

The bespectacled teen tells him about her search for buried treasured dreams ……..

Skye's Dad [assured] “Easiest ‘money’ I EVER made. Contact you soon. Tell you when me and my mates are on our way there.”

The call ends, and Skye breathes VERY deeply many times, but she’s confident ……mostly …..that she WILL prevail.   

TO BE CONTINUED

AWESOME comments RedRanger 1, Kirsten, Sarah and pembie !!!!

CHAPTER 19!!!

Rosie looks out at the ocean. She’s near the surf club the day after Ricky and Zac’s 1st real date. Although Billie is the mastermind behind this whole idea of getting Ricky & Zac hooked up, Rosie and Evie have steadily become REALLY keen to see how things go tween the latter’s brother and the photographer turned school teacher.

Rosie had recently finished a shift at Angelo’s but didn’t want to meet up with Evie in her work clothes, so she bought a change with her. The top she’s wearing is quite a tight fit, to the point of being VERY ill fitting. Rosie certainly hadn’t planned it this way. The floral motifs tank top she has on USED to be a TOTAL fave of hers a few years ago, but Rosie’s living healthier these days. Eating more she used to, when I-NEED-to-be-as-thin-as possible thoughts pervaded her mind in years gone by …..

But now, this top is the best she could come up with this morning as she rushed to get ready for work ……as her CURRENT fave top is …………

Evie [as she approaches Rosie and sees her adjust the tight top a number of times] “Hey, Rosie, did that shrink a “bit” in the wash?”

Rosie double takes as she looks at her watch. She knew she had agreed to meet the Doc here, at this time, but her thoughts about her clothes had made her lose track of EVERY else …..

Rosie [forlornly] “I wish.”

Evie [concerned voice] “What’s up? I’ve not seen you in that top …..ever.”

Rosie [kinda annoyed] “No one has. Not for ages. Used to wear this all the time when I was going out with Petra. Hasn’t seen the light of day in a while ….. but will ALWAYS have a fond place in my heart. ”

Evie “What’s ……….. “

Rosie [cutting in] “My ACTUAL fave top, or ANY of my decent stuff .........they've been …… “borrowed” …..but I don’t ……it’s someone at my house. Denny wouldn’t. Not her style, and besides, what's mine is hers and vice versa. I just …….. I’m gonna catch whoever it is … but let’s concentrate on Zac and Ricky. Will take my mind off ...THIS. [Rosie adjusts her top once more] Hopefully ..........[cautiously] Did Zac ……… “

Evie [cutting in] “Tell me about the date? [cheeky voice] Maybe [Rosie has a “don’t play with me” look on her face] OK, he did.”

Rosie [excited/annoyed] “And?”

Evie smiles before ………

“Let it be said that my brother KNOWS how to do classy. Took Ricky to some swanky restaurant in Yabby Creek. Told me that he considered ordering some champagne but thought that was a bit much for a 1st date, so he subtly asked a few people who know Ricky more that he does, and ordered her a glass of her  fave beer. It’s a boutique little number apparently. That surprised me when he said that. Ricky strikes me as ………. Anyway ……..”

Rosie [cutting in] “Sounds encouraging. I can imagine that your bro didn’t try to order things like oysters …… given what you said about the drinks.”

Evie “Yeah, cos although these two MIGHT have babies one day, Zac’s not ….he’s not that kind of guy. As much as I might have a go at him, like ANY sister, he’s …. He’s a good guy.”

Rosie “So, no lobster either I take it. [Evie gives her “what do you think?” look] What else ……. did  they ……“

Evie [cutting in] “Zac told me that he drove Ricky home and although nothing physical happened at the restaurant, Ricky certainly didn’t mind it when Zac kissed her after he walked her to her front door.”

Rosie [a little cautiously] “You probably didn’t ask Zac .....but ……….”

Evie [cutting in] “Didn’t have to ask. He told me there were no tongues involved THIS time, but …….. “

Rosie [intrigued voice, after Evie’s voice trailed off] “You think they’ll ???“

Evie [cutting in, after realizing that Rosie’s was a leading question] “Do I think that you know who’s plan will work? ……. That these 2 will hook up and Ricky will get preggy?”

Rosie [happy voice] “Just like Billie wants them to.”

As Rosie and Evie chatted, they hadn’t noticed a certain blonde approaching …..who heard that last bit the convo ………..

Ricky [annoyed voice] “WHAT did you just say?”

TO BE CONTINUED

NOTE – Petra was Rosie’s [pre Summer Bay] girlfriend in my fic “I Wish I’d NEVER Been Born !!!!”

• 2 weeks later...

FANTASTIC comments Red Ranger 1, pembie, Kirsten and Sarah !!!

Note – in this saga, The Princess [Leah], VJ, Evie and Zac live in the house that Hunter burnt down in real H&A.

CHAPTER 20

Rosie is TOTES a deer in the headlights. How much of the conversation did Ricky hear? Has her seemingly innocuous chat with the Doc ruined Billie’s plan? Evie can see that Rosie isn’t dealing with this …..…

Evie [forthright] “What do you think we said?”

Ricky [annoyed voice] “That my sister is trying to get me pregnant.”

Evie’s faced lots of worried, frustrated patients, and family members of same, so ……..

Evie “Ricky, it sounds like you don’t like this idea, but ………….”

Ricky [angry voice, cutting in] “Are you kidding me? That BITCH of a sister of mine thinks she can try to hook me up with a guy and get me preggy AND probably thinks that squares the ledger, that she’s made up for KILLING my 1st child, but it WON’T ……and YOU, having your own BROTHER involved in this MESS. ”    

Rosie [finding her voice] “What Billie’s done is quite nice.”

Ricky [inquisitive, kinda sarcastic tone] “Nice?”

Rosie [enthused voice] “She CARES for you. REALLY cares. Sooooo much more than MY family does for me. Not my Summer Bay family, Denny and Ruby and Sasha and the like, but my actual biological one.”

Ricky [borderline angry] “Yeah, Billie cares sooooooo much for her family that she got her OWN brother thrown in the slammer. I’m ending this thing with Zac.”

Evie gets that Ricky is mad at hearing that people have been plotting behind her back ……even for what COULD be a happy ending for Ricky, but …….

Evie “But Zac REALLY likes you. My brother is usually pretty tight when it comes to giving me details about when he goes on a date. You know how brothers are, but, yeah, Zac is REALLY into you. Think things went really well.”

Ricky [annoyed voice] “I don’t care. Last night was for NOTHING !!!! All cos of that BITCH of a little sister of mine.”

Ricky quickly walks away ………thinking about Billie as she does so. It’s like, part of Ricky likes Zac, but her annoyance/borderline hatred of her sister makes this hook up IMPOSSIBLE. Ricky, of course, leaves Rosie and Evie in her wake ……with both of them realising that, in a small town like this, Billie’s gonna find out soon enough what’s occurred.

+++

Zac is sitting at the table of his house. He’s the only one home right now and is doing some marking, or trying to …..as thoughts of his rather successful date with Ricky pervade his mind. Zac is distracted further when he hears rather fierce knocking at the door. He stands and heads for the entrance to the house, as he isn’t that keen on someone knocking as fiercely as that just charging in. Zac opens the door and is surprised that it’s Ricky ……….

Ricky [sternly] “We’re OVER, Zac.”

Zac [blindsided] “What ????”

Ricky “You heard me.”

Ricky turns around, heading for anywhere but here ….

Zac “What’s ….what’s going on? We had a good time last night, didn’t we?”

Ricky [who had walked a few steps away, but now stops] “This …..WE can’t happen.”

Zac “What’s … I don’t get it.”

Ricky “There’s nothing for you to get. We went out last night, and whatever you might have thought, this isn’t going to happen.”

Zac knows that, especially after their date, he REALLY likes Ricky. Too much to just give up on her ……

Zac “We had a good time last night. Don’t deny it.”

Ricky [annoyed] “This is ALL cos of my sister. She colluded with YOUR sister and everyone else. This is ALL about getting me pregnant. To make up for the child I lost cos of her. We CAN’T happen.”

Zac [after quickly taking all that in] “That’s good.”

Ricky [confused] “What? I thought you liked me. Not that I care, cos we aren't going to happen.”

Zac “What you said is good as I thought you didn’t like ME. It’s like, I thought things went well on our date, but then you may have realized that things mightn’t out work out tween us. But now, ALL I see is you being blinded by this thing with your sister ….so I’m NOT letting you go that easily.”

Ricky knows that Zac has a BIG point, but …………….

Ricky [sternly] “NO. We can’t happen.”

Zac sees the look on Ricky’s face, which seems to be the opposite of what she’s just said. Zac decides that the time for words is over ……..

He KISSES the girl he’s fallen for ………MUCHLY on the lips !!!!!     

TO BE CONTINUED

Archived