Blades Of Skye !!!!

JosieTash

Thanks for the BEYOND wonderful comments Kristen, Red Ranger 1, pembie, and Sarah !!! …

……AND for your continued support throughout this fic, and my previous “literary masterpieces” over the years !!!!! MUCHLY THANK YOU all for reading this, the 8th fic in this saga !!!! ….

…and yes, part of this chapter was inspired by “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”

CHAPTER 41 – THE FINALE !!!

The crowd at the start line waits with nervous anticipation, hoping that Skye’s team wins. No one in the town wants the bespectacled teen hauled away to the fate that her dad had been boasting.  Alf, Irene, Raffy, Marilyn, Zac/Ricky and other townsfolk look nervously at the big screen which has the race’s website home page on it. The  instant the teams upload the photo of their successful search, the crowd will know.

There’s a loudish beep from the screen. All really look at it to see ………

Raffy [exclaims] “They did it !!!!!!!!”

Raffy, Tori and the crowd see the stressed, elated faces of Skye and her team as the hold aloft the toy lightsaber in the selfie they’ve just taken !!!! Rosie and the others look very hopeful, but there’s a frantic sense of pensiveness on their faces. Like, did we find the saber and post our pic first?

Sasha looks on the race’s site. She almost can’t believe it. She sees not only that her team has uploaded their pic, but Skye’s dad’s has too ….moments after Skye’s had……

Sasha [overjoyed voice, to her happy, yet pensive as well, team mates] “Guys, we did it!!!!!!! We WON !!!!!!”

It takes more than a few moments for that to sink in …….before Ruby and Rosie rush over and hug Sasha …….who sees Billie kiss Skye briefly on the lips ……

Sasha [happy, yet curious voice - after the VERY happy embrace with Rosie and Ruby ends] “Hey, are you two … a thing? I mean, I know you’re as thick as, but …..”

Skye [cheerful voice] “Not a thing. Just …….. “

Billie [finishing her sentence] “We’re sisters. Not by blood, but still ……”

Skye [cutting in, proudly] “The BEST sisters ever !!!!”

Skye, Billie, Rosie, Ruby and Sasha all muchly smile and laugh and celebrate their win ….with Skye almost not being able to believe that she is FREE of her evil father. She can imagine that her dad is swearing profusely right now. She imagines hearing him right now, but she’s bought out of that by ……………

Rosie [curious voice, as something catches her eye in the fringes of the hole they dug to find the toy lightsaber] “What’s that?”

+++

Skye and her team make it back to the start line. They seemed to float in a cloud of air as they made their way back there. Most of the crowd are keen to hug the members of the winning squad, and whilst Skye is playing the part …..acting all happy and joyful ….. Billie can see through that. She knows that Skye is thinking that this is all a DREAM ….a dream that is sure to end once her dad arrives.

Skye then sees her dad approach her like an oncoming fierce storm. He’s a fair distance ahead of his team mates. He looks at mad as hell ……

Skye’s dad [angry voice] “You complete and utter BITCH. You, you RIGGED this. Told me that Hunter and Andy were ……… “

Skye’s dad screams a VERY angry scream, which muchly startles her …and those nearest to her, so he GRABS Skye’s arm forcefully and starts to drag her away!!!!!

Skye’s dad [angry voice] “You’re MINE. You’ll ALWAYS be mine.”

The assembled crowd can’t believe it, especially since the people of the Bay are mostly all for a person sticking by their word. Skye’s dad starts to REALLY haul a trying-to-get-free Skye towards his car. Andy, Hunter and Skye’s dad’s friends are keeping any of the assembled crowd from trying to rescue her. Skye’s dad is getting closer and closer to his car. Not long now till Skye is in the back seat and MINE again, he thinks. Skye’s dad is just meters from the car when Billie, having skillfully bested a failed attempted to stop her by Hunter, stands tween the car and the evil man who is abducting her friend ……..

Billie [stern voice] “Let. Her. Go.”

Skye’s dad is annoyed that this is going to take longer than expected, but there’s still no way that Skye isn’t going to be his ……

Skye’s dad [angry voice] “Get out of the way. Skye belongs to me.”

Billie [determined voice, as she sees Alf and the others getting closer to Skye and her evil father] “You’re NOT taking her.”

Skye’s dad [angry voice, with Skye trying to struggle free from his steel like grip] “You can’t stop me.”

Skye’s dad starts to head towards the car again, even with Billie blocking his path. Skye’s dad thinks, I can STILL best her, even while I keep hold of my good for nothing daughter …….

Billie [determined voice] “Yes. I can.”

Billie, as she said that, reaches behind her back and takes hold of a long, sharp, silver, not-quite-as- impressive-looking-as-Excalibur sword !!!!!!!!!!!

Rosie [curious voice, as something catches her eye in the fringes of the hole they dug to find the toy lightsaber] “What’s that?”

Skye and the others see what Rosie saw. They all almost can’t believe that they can see something metallic. The group, even with the elation of winning the race/saving Skye from an evil fate, dig carefully around the object ….. treating it as preciously as though they were Dr. Allan Grant when he comes across a dinosaur bone. Takes a while, before they FULLY uncover, and remove from the ground, the hefty, awesome blade!!!!

Billie’s stance and the way she is holding the sword makes it feel/look like she’s doing so ALL her life. As soon as she sees the blade, Skye starts to try even more to shake herself free of her dad’s evil grip, and when she clearly has a hand free …………….

Billie [shouts] Catch, sis !!!!!”

Billie throws the sword to Skye who catches it and wields the blade in a way which knocks her dad to the ground. Skye stands over him confidently. Skye’s dad sees that Skye has the blade poised to strike at him if needs be …….

Skye’s dad [angry, with a touch of shock, voice] “You’re STILL mine. “

Skye [wistful voice, with her ebullient head held high] “Dad, just go.”

Skye’s dad [annoyed, but trying not to sound defeated, voice] “But I’M your blood kin. [Billie, Rosie, Ruby, Sasha and Raffy are now by Skye’s side] Who ARE these people who’ve turned you against me?”

Billie [happy voice] “We’re family. “

Skye [mostly happy, but partially sullen voice] “And as for me turning against you, you did that ALL by YOURSELF.”

They all hear the siren of a police car approach and stop. Tori catches, out of the corner of her eye, Hunter and Andy fleeing the scene, and after Kat and Charlie have made their way to where Skye and her dad are ……..

Charlie “I’d make my way out of town quickly if I were you, Mr. Peters. The people here are a parochial mob and Skye’s one of us now.”

Skye’s dad [as Skye smiles] “But the race, it was rig ……….. “

Alf [stern, soulful voice] “You were beaten fair and square, my friend. Suggest you heed Charlie’s advice.”

Skye’s dad scratches his head. He can’t believe that its ended this way, but he knows how fierce – and resourceful talented - his daughter is. He didn’t realise/know that she is SOOOO skilled with a sword though. He gets to his feet, with Skye watching for even the smallest sign of ANOTHER abduction attempt, before Skye’s dad gets in his car and speeds off – tail tween his legs – as fast as he can.

Skye just stands there for seemingly ages after he has. She’s totally overawed !!!!, because of the knowledge that the frightfully painful …..MESS that has been her life to this point is OVER !!!!! Skye adjusts her glasses a little, before just standing there once more …taking it all in …..before she starts to focus again. It’s Billie that makes her do so …….

Skye [beyond heartfelt] “Thank you …..for everything. Especially throwing the blade to me.”

Billie [lovingly] “I didn’t KNOW that you knew ANYTHING about them, but I just KNEW you’d be able to. Don’t know how, but I just did.”

Skye [holding back tears] “You knew, cos we’re sisters. Bonded forever in the heat of battle.”

Billie [smiley voice] “I can dig that.”

The duo hug, and as they do, Skye sees John and Marilyn approaching. There’s trepidation, especially from Marilyn, in their steps ……

John “Skye, Billie, let’s go HOME.”

Marilyn [apologetic voice] “IF you want to. I know that you almost ……….. “

Skye [cutting in, with a heartfelt voice] “Lead the way.”

Skye hugs Marilyn, and thinks of how she probably would have been as uneasy with the situation as Marilyn was when Skye first asked to stay, but Skye knows she’s got a safe home to go to and especially a sister for life.

+++

A few weeks later, its late-ish at night when Skye enters her bedroom, having just said good night to John and Marilyn. Skye sees Billie sitting up in the queen size bed they share. Skye then glances at THAT sword, which is mounted on the wall not far above the bedhead  …….

Billie “You know, that thing’s probably, ACTUALLY worth a fortune.”

Skye [lovingly] “I know ….. but its MORE than that. I COULD live anywhere now, but that sword got me my freedom from my dad ….and I’m LOVED here. By my friends. By John. By Marilyn. And ESPECIALLY by my sister.”

Skye smiles the beemingest smile, before she gets into bed, hugging Billie as soon as she does. Both girls, as always, ADORE the hug, as they've been through soooooo much together.

Skye says good night, before both quickly drift off to what, for Skye especially, is  a VERY pleasant, dream filled sleep.

THE END

Comments

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived