Blades Of Skye !!!!

JosieTash

Title Of Story : Blades Of Skye !!!

Type Of Fic: Long Fic

BTTB Rating: T/A

Main Characters: Skye Peters, Billie Sharpe, Rosie Prichard, Ruby Buckton, Sasha Bezmel, Denny Miller

Other Characters : Billy Pierce, Rikki Chadwick, Bella Hartley, Cleo Sertori, Emma Gilbert, OCs
Genre: Relationships, Drama, Fantasy
Does story incl spoilers: YES [character not yet on UK screens]

Any warnings: Slash, Violence maybe, Sexual Content.

Summary: Skye has a dream, which changes her whole world …..and ruffles feathers in the Bay !!! 

NOTE 1 – this is the latest of a series of fics [7 so far, starting with “Another You, Another Me, Another Now”] that combine the characters of H&A and “h2o – just add water!”

NOTE 2 – Skye Peters appeared late in the 2015 H&A season, but [unlike in the show] I’ve made it that it’s a dad [not her mum] that is her parent.

NOTE 3 – Since this series of fics isn’t Braxton centric/friendly, Billie is RICKY SHARPE’s [rather than Ash’s] sister in this story.

WARNING – character and plots not yet seen in UK are featured

CHAPTER 1 !!!!

“Let me OUT !!!!!!”, screams an-in-tears Skye Peters AGAIN……….

….as she pounds in her locked bedroom door.

Skye knows that it’s futile. Her dad isn’t going to TRULY listen to her  ……  

Skye’s dad [sternly, close to the other side of the door] “I haven’t got time for this, girl. The farm’s not gonna run itself, but I’m not letting you out of there until you’ve learnt your lesson. You just can’t go around running away and bad mouthing me to anyone who’ll listen.”

Skye [forlornly] “Let me out !!!!”

Skye hears her dad walk away ….. which she mostly dreads. It’s like, Skye has been locked in her bedroom for WEEKS now. Her window is nailed shut AND boarded up, her dad took her mobile and iPad …..and they live on a property in the middle of nowhere.

Mousy brown haired teenager Skye still can’t believe what’s happening. Sure, her dad feeds her, and doesn’t hit her …… but he’s a big burly farmer …..and Skye just knows that she won’t win if she tries to rush out of her room when her dad brings food into her room ....AND knows that she's more that kind of scared of him, especially THAT death.   

Skye moves away from the door, and over to her large mirror which is attached to her dressing table. She clears her eyes a bit of tears, and sees herself, as always, through the rather thick rimmed maroon glasses she wears. Although she’s indoors, Skye is wearing her fave velvety blue wide brimmed hat. It’s not like she’s got many other pleasures in her world right now. Her fave clothes, including her hat, are one for the few things keeping her sane right now. Skye, to pass some time if nothing else, pretends she’s a model …..on the catwalks of Paris. Skye thinks if herself as kind of pretty, but certainly doesn’t think she’s give Miranda Kerr or the like a run for their money. It’s just fantasy, and there’s nothing much else to do in her locked room. No TV or computer or radio …and a person can only read, be it novels [new or old] and magazines that she’s read a million times, for so long.

The teenager thinks often of how she arrived at her present situation. She ran away a few weeks ago, after having met Jett James. You see, the military academy he attends were helping her high school out with a play – making sets and the like. Skye and Jett quickly became VERY good friends, which helped her greatly ….. as Skye’s dad muchly blames her for a road accident which claimed the life of her elder sister, Lisa. It wasn’t really Skye’s fault, just a twist of fate ….. Skye wanted to be not sitting on the sunny side of their car, so when she & Lisa changed seats, it was her sister who was in the wrong place at the wrong time when their car was hit by another vehicle …..that was travelling VERY fast [and VERY in the wrong]. Skye always had a feeling that Lisa was her dad’s favourite [Skye’s mum passed away a few years back]…….and the way he reacted post Lisa's death confirmed it.

Skye was intrigued when Jett spoke so glowingly of his foster parents, John and Marilyn ….but she was wary when Jett suggested that they should both head to the Bay. After working up the courage to tell John and Maz her story, Skye was worried that they didn’t believe her, but she eventually agreed to have John take her home ….. so he could see for himself what a mongrel her dad is. Skye couldn’t believe how nice her dad was when John and Jett visited, but when they left, things went back even WORSE than before. Her dad hadn’t locked her in her room pre her running away. He’d “merely” been mentally abusive to her.

Skye wished she could use The Force to contact Jett ......as she doesn’t even know his number without her phone …..AND she ADORES awe-inspiring heroine Rey from the latest STAR WARS movie. That’s her other solace …… feeling caged in like the desert scavenger turned galactic champion. Skye wishes she could have seen “The Force Awakens” more than the 3 times she did prior to being a prisoner in her own bedroom, but at least she was the memories of seeing it in all its all wonderfulness with her beau.

It’s only late in the afternoon, but all the protesting  she’s done  ……she’s been banging on the door and yelling out to her dad more than a few times today [like most days] ….. but with seemingly no hope, she decides that a sleep is as good plan as any right now.     

Despite her love of all things a galaxy far, far away ….. and of being a fashion model …..Skye has barely ever remembered any of the dreams she has had/might have had as slept in the past, but THIS sleep will be different.  

TO BE CONTINUED

NOTE – This fic won’t be a Summer Bay-ized version of Episode 7, but I LOOOOOOOOVE the film, and STAR WARS in general, too much not to have it in here in some capacity !!!!!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MANY thanks for the comments, Romeo&Indi Forever and Sarah !!!

Re the Star Wars crossover idea, I’m undecided right now what to do exactly I’m going to do with Skye ……how much, if any, of Rey’s journey I’ll adapt.

I’ll add that over 10 years ago, on another website [the old H&A official message boards], I posted a H&A fanfic [with the likes of the Sutherlands, Tasha, Gypsy and Sally] which was not only a crossover with STAR WARS, but STAR TREK as well [Han Solo and Captain Janeway fighting side by side etc] after several H&Aers were amongst millions of people, from all over the universe, who were abducted by aliens !!!!

Also, a couple of years ago, myself, RedRanger 1 and others co wrote of H&A-ised versions of the original SW trilogy [John Palmer as Darth Vader,Indi Walker as Princess Leia etc] including ….    

http://www.backtothebay.net/forum/topic/43098-bay-wars/

CHAPTER 2 !!!!

A teenage girl scampers up a steep-ish hill in the bush, briefly foraging through the surface leaf litter as she does. We see what’s going on through her eyes. The teenager looks to her left, then over to her right. There are 2 female friends either side of her. 5 people in total. None are in each other’s pockets …each is 2 meters apart …. and most are all searching the ground in a similar way.

The group reaches the top of the hill. The teenage leader of the group surveys the relatively flat terrain in front of her. There’s just something about where she is right now that is giving her a LOT of hope. The teenager looks either side of her again at the rest of the group, including 1 in an all terrain wheelchair.

The teenager [with a gleam in her eye] “I’ve got a GOOD feeling about this, guys. Not far now.”

CUT to under the water. 2 blonde mermaids …with their golden tails, little scales that together resemble a bikini top and their arms & hands outstretched forming an arrowhead in front of them…. are searching the ocean floor. What they seek is part of what the teenager is trying to find.

IN the bush, the group steadily makes its way across the leaf littered terrain. The leader of the group stops suddenly ….

The girl to her right [curiously] “Hey, what’s ………. “

The lead teenager starts running. Quickly making her way to a spot 10 meters in front of her. She gets on her haunches and starts digging through not only the leaf litter, but muchly in to the soil. She just KNOWS that this is the spot. Her friends eagerly help, digging next to where she is. No one’s talking, but there’s a muchly happy excited vibe in the air.

CUT to a building in the city years ago. A baby is left in the care of others, as her parents walk away.

BACK to the bush, the teenager strikes something with her mini shovel that doesn’t feel or sound like the dirt she’s digging through. THIS is it. She knows it. The girl reaches with her right hand to touch what her shovel just hit ……..

Skye wakes suddenly and sits bolt upright in her bed. She can’t believe it. ALL the memories form the dream she’s just had come flooding into her conscious mind.

Skye [excited/shocked voice] “Oh MY GOD !!!!!! The Bay !!! I’ve got to go back there !!!! And …. MERMAIDS are real ???? …..and no WONDER dad liked Lisa more than me. I’ve GOT to get out of here.”

Skye’s room is in pitch black darkness. She realizes she must have been asleep for a number of hours. Skye puts on her glasses, after instinctively reaching over and picking them up from right beside her bed. She has no bedside light, and only an old school alarm clock and an analogue watch. Skye quickly exits her bed, and as soon as she switches on her bedroom light [which is next to the door], Skye sees that her dad has placed some dinner next to her bed. She’s surprised that he didn’t wake her. Skye’s usually a pretty light sleeper. Maybe all the effort of pleading for him to let her out of the room drained her enough to make her be able to sleep deeply enough.

Skye thinks once more about THAT dream. She almost can’t believe that she can remember the names of all the people, these future friends that she’s never actually met yet ….. as when Skye was in the Bay last time, she only met John & Marilyn – so brief was her time in the sea side town ……

Skye [almost overwhelmed voice] “Yeah, Rosie and Billie immediately either side of me ….and Ruby and Sasha, in her WHEELCHAIR, were there too. All helping me search……with Bella and Rikki in the water. I can’t wait to ACTUALLY meet them. [determined voice] I sooooooooooooo have to get out of this STUPID room !!!!!”

Before the dream, Skye knows that she was timid when it came to her father. She’d never thought she’d be physically AND mentally be able to smash through the locked and boarded up window. The dream has given her a steely resolve.  Skye quickly gathers together some clothes and other essentials in a back pack. She’s excited at the prospect of what she’s planning to do ….but knows she can’t be too rowdy, in a happy way at least, in her room. Her dad might twig.

Skye looks at her watch. The old Skye wouldn’t have thought of making a move now. Too early in the night. Her dad will still be awake and hear the window breaking. He’ll charge after her ….and then do who knows what. Skye needs to break the window AND the board the other side.    

Although she’s never been a total top of the class student, Skye calculates what she’ll need to do. How much force, how much speed she’ll need to escape. Skye puts on her backpack and psyches herself as she moves as far from her window as she can. Needs all the run up she can. Skye is sooooo glad at this point that her room is pretty decent in size. The advantage of living on a farm, with its big, old style house.

Skye charges towards the window ……….

TO BE CONTINUED

MUCHLY thanks for the comments, Romeo&Indi Forever and Sarah !!!!!

Glad you are enjoying!!!!

CHAPTER 3!!!

Skye, with her heart firmly in her mouth and a rather thick to-stop-any-glass from-cutting-her jacket on, turns slightly sideways just as she jumps ….so she has the full force of her right shoulder hitting the window. Skye is no body builder, but she hopes all the farm work she has done [helping her dad etc] has given her enough strength to make her plan a reality.

The teenager hits the glass window. She hears/feels it smash. Skye then feels her shoulder hit the single big sheet of timber that’s nailed to the outside of the window ……which also gives way!!!!!

Skye almost can’t believe when she hits the wooden verandah rather hard on the other side. Part of Skye is jubilant. YES!!! She’s out of the room that’s imprisoned her for seemingly ages ……but there’s also the realities to deal with. Skye landed on her back. Her backpack packed mostly with thankfully soft clothes helped ….and its great that her house has a timber, rather than concrete front verandah ……but her back IS a little sore from the impact. As is her shoulder.

The brunette also realizes, after thinking about her pains for what seems like ages but in reality is a few seconds,that the breaking of her window is sure to have alerted her dad that something is up. Skye quickly stands and puts her glasses back on. They are on a chain and had fallen from being over her eyes to around her neck. Skye is soooo thankful that the lenses didn’t break during her prison escape. Sure, she has a back up pair in her bag, but one less things to worry about.

Skye starts running. She NEEDS to get at least a decent head start on her dad, the cruel evil man who still blames her for Lisa’s death AND locked her in her room ….. like a CRAZY person. The farm they live on is pretty big and her dad ….or adopted dad, if her dream is right ……is pretty fit. And, being a farmer, he has a gun or two. Skye heads towards several trees which a half a kilometer from the front of her house. They should give her some breathing space, should she reach them before her dad realizes what going on.

The teenager, as she runs, hears the front door open …..as its always so quiet at the farm, especially at night. She dare not look back. Even if that means she won’t see that her dad has a rifle pointed right at her. Hopefully, he’ll at least look outside her room first ………..

BANG !!!!!

Skye hears her dad fire a bullet from his shotgun. From the sound of it though, it as a warming shot. Fired into the air.

Skye’s dad [angrily] “I know you too well, girl. Know where you’re heading. The next one won’t miss. Farms are dangerous places. Lotsa accidents. And the neighbours are too far away to hear you scream.”

Skye isn’t surprised her dad is acting this way. He’s been this belligerent, and controlling of her, since Lisa died. But his bullish words haven’t deterred her. Almost at those trees now, but her dad’s a good shot. Skye knows this.

BANG !!!!!

Another shot rings out …..and hits the tree that Skye has just hid behind. Her dad KNOWS that he’s merely hit the tree.

Skye’s dad [angrily] “I’ll get you, you little bitch.”

Skye pants a little. Sure, she’s a fit, country girl but the nervous anticipation she had before she smashed out of her room, combined with the actual run for her life had left a mark on her physically. And the heavy jacket she is wearing isn’t helping right now, but she HAS to make her next move. No time for relatively petty worries. She’s not been outside for ages, but she hopes her dad hasn’t been thorough enough and removed the next part of her escape plan.

The teenager knows that her dad has his car parked not far from the house, so he can easily chase her down in it if she’s on foot, and as she runs a little away from the trees that so gladly provided her with some cover …….

Skye [excitedly, but not too loudly] “Thank God  !!!!!”

Despite the darkness, she sees her old paddock basher!!!!

The ancient, door less Toyota wagon that Skye’s dad taught her and Lisa to drive a few years ago. Skye may only be 15, but she’s glad she's a country kid in this respect. Skye knows she can’t drive on the road, but ….if the car starts still, like it did last time a few weeks ago …..she can go cross country. Like she’s done countless times before, and hopefully get away.

Skye gets in the driver’s seat. As she does so, she hears the engine of her dad’s car fire up. Skye is glad that the keys are on the dashboard of the paddock basher. Another advantage of living in the country ….who would WANT to steal a stupid old car. Skye puts the keys in the ignition. Something she’s done more than a few times, so, despite the pitch black darkness, she can [still] do it all by instinct.

The determined teen turns the key and ………..

TO BE CONTINUED

A car similar to Skye’s paddock basher [Note - that's just a pic I found on the Net for what I described, i.e. that's not me or my car]  …..

2342134147_bfe044426f_o.jpg

WAAAAAAAY thanks for the comments, Romeo&Indi Forever and Sarah !!!!!

NOTE – despite the content of the chapter below, I, in no way in real life, advocate/endorse hitch hiking !!!!    

CHAPTER 4!!!

Skye exasperatedly puts the public phone back in place, having just ended a call to the military academy where Jett is. Well, where he usually is.  Skye was informed that Jett is currently away, at an unspecified location, and will be so for a while. Skye gets the level of secrecy involved …….in this post September 11/terror attacks world.              

The teenager quickly evaluates her situation. Sure, she was successful in escape from her dad ……using the paddock basher, her own Millennium Falcon as it were, to do so. Skye knows she’s no Molly Taylor, but she did enough to get away. Skye can’t go back to her school. That would be one of the 1st places her dad might look ….. or go to any of her friends’ houses. Same deal. Skye has virtually no money with her. She has some money in her purse, but not a lot ….and, if she were to go to the bank, there’s not that much money in her account and her dad/the police could use it to trace her movements.

Skye wishes that Jett were around. He was the one who calmed her enough to talk to John and Marilyn about her sitch. Yeah, a less anguished, more rational perspective would help, but Skye needs to get as far away from her dad in 24 hours as she can. Before he can get the cops involved. Should she try to make it to the Bay? Her dad could think that she would head there.

With little money on her …..definitely not enough for a train or bus fare - well, not enough for one that would get her very far anyway ……… Skye thinks about asking for her help in the small country town she now finds herself in. If she was in the centre of her OWN town, she would be sure to get some help. People would know her, but Skye drove her paddock basher as far as she could …..across farmland muchly beyond her own place, only going on actual roads when she absolutely had to ……so now she’s at least two towns away from her own. The town she’s in is a gate way to the rest of the world, so her paddock basher won’t be able to take her any further. After all, the police …or any person with a mobile …could/will film her in the door less old girl. Not a good look. Likewise, with the police if she stole a car.

Skye walks away from the phone box …..to her paddock basher which is which is in bush land in the outskirts of town. Skye can’t help it. She clears away some mud and dirt of a little piece of the bonnet, and kisses the vehicle.

Skye [slightly teary] “I’m going to miss you, old girl. You saved my life. Hope someone finds you and treats you good.”

With that, Skye walks away …….and does the only thing she can do in this situation. She decides to hitchhike. Skye KNOWS that this could be very dangerous. What knows what nutcase might try to pick her up ….. or, worse still, the person, more than likely male, could seem to be all nice ….but THEN go all psycho when Skye is aboard.

The mousy brown haired teen initially gingerly gestures to the traffic going her way that she is keen for a ride, but as she walks …..and walks …..and walks, those initial jitters seem to melt away. Having legs that are starting to ache will do that. Skye stops once to eat. She’s got minimal supplies with her ….enough for now though.

Cars endlessly pass her by, with some of the occupants yelling usually abuse at her ……..but then she hears, after walking for HOURS, a car start to slow up.

Skye [hopefully, to herself] “Please don’t be a psycho.”

Skye turns around, moving her arm back by her side as she does …….as the driver of the car who’s pulling up appears to be/is female. That’s a good start. Less chance of the crazy, she hopes.

Skye, when the car stops right beside her, is almost in SHOCK. She can’t believe that she KNOWS the driver ......... 

The woman in the old Peugeot 504 [happy, inquisitive voice] “So, where you heading?”

TO BE CONTINUED

NOTE - Molly Taylor is a competitor in the Australian Rally Championship, and is the only female driver to win a round of said series. Molly is one of the top female rally drivers in the world, including overall victory in the 2013 Ladies European Rally Championship.     

Romeo&Indi Forever and Sarah, muchly thanks for your continued support !!!!!

CHAPTER 05!!!

Skye double takes as she looks at the driver, before …….

Skye [shocked voice] “Billie ??? …..Billie Sharpe???”

Billie [perplexed] “How ….how do you know my name???? I don’t know you from a bar of soap. And last time I checked, I’m not famous.”

Skye [confidently] “You’ve got a sister in Summer Bay. Don’t you?”

Billie [shocked] “What ?!? How could you know that?”

Skye [very sure of herself] “I’ll tell you on the way to the Bay. You ARE heading there ……aren’t you?”     

Billie “You’re doing a REALLY good impression of a CRAZY person right now.”

Skye “Sorry. Just ….. of ALL the people.”

Billie [exasperated voice] “I’m trying to “get” you here, but you’re not giving me much.”         

Skye, amazed as she is by this “sign”, realizes that Billie is right ……

Skye “OK. My name is Skye ……and have you ever been to Summer Bay before?”

Billie [borderline annoyed] “What’s with the obsession with the Bay?”

Skye “Sorry. My b/f’s from there. Lived with John and Marilyn, if that means anything to you. His name’s Jett.”

Billie is pleased that she’s FINALLY getting somewhere. Sure, Billie’s never been to Summer Bay …but now, after Billie lost her job [due to a downturn in business], seems the right time to pay her sister Ricky a visit. Still …….

Billie “OK. All of this is starting to sound normal, but …..you don’t follow me on Instagram or Twitter ….or face book, do you? I know I’ve got a “few” followers and friends online. THAT’S where you must know me from. After all, old girl’s like my Pug 504 aren’t run of the mill.”

Skye WISHES it was that simple. She could say “Yes, I love your posts on Instagram”…..and even mention her similar aged paddock basher, but ……..

Skye “I COULD say that I do, but …..and please don’t drive off ……I had a DREAM …and you were in it.”

Billie knows that she’s a rather chilled, surfer girl ….who doesn’t mind a spot of yoga or meditation, but …….

Billie “I can’t ever remember posting ANYTHING about my sister. We’re …..more than a bit estranged. Her face book’s the only way I know that she’s in Summer Bay …..and here you are, wondering if I’m heading there. Just TOO freaky … in a GOOD way, mind you. Throw your bag in the boot. Let’s go surprise my sis together."

Part of Billie IS still skeptical but the outlandish, yet cooool, story that Skye has told her. That, combined with the notion that it will be GOOD to have a travelling companion for such a LOOOOOONG drive to the Bay, has swayed her.

Billie [before Skye has a chance to move] “Hey. Can you drive?“

Skye “Yes ….and no. Yes, I CAN …..but I’m ….15 [she sees the intrigued look on Billie’s face] I’m a country kid. Learned to                drive in something about as old as your car.”

Billie likes Skye’s honesty ……but what a 15 year old doing hitch hiking? Billie decides to try and find out as they travel. Better the youngster NOT still be roadside, where a loony could pick her u and do who know what to her.

Billie [happy voice] “Well, go on. Throw your bag in the boot. It’s never locked.”

Skye eagerly heads of the back of the car ... knowing that she’ll have to tell Billie about her sitch sooner or later ….or some of it at the very least. Skye puts her backpack in the boot of the Peugeot 504, before getting into the front passenger seat ……..

Billie “Hope you’re not in an UBER rush to get there. This is a road trip for me. Scoping out whatever takes my fancy along the way ……and this old girl is in NO way a jet …..and hey, you might even be able to show me those driving skills of yours ….if we encounter some out of the way bush tracks.”

Skye [happy voice] “Got yourself a deal.”

With that, Billie starts the car and recommences the looooong journey …..from where they are now, rural South Australia, to Summer Bay on the New South Wales north coast.

+++

Late that night in the Bay, Rosie is in her and Denny's [her g/f] bedroom .........in the house they own with Sasha, Blake, Ruby and Billy. Rosie is all but asleep, but she wants to be awake when Denny gets home from work. Rosie is soooooo on the verge of having to go and get some iced coffee from the kitchen …… to keep herself awake.

It’s been like this a LOT lately. Rosie and Denny hardly ever seem to spend time together …..thanks to their work schedules. Rosie is glad that she’s still employed at Angelo’s. A job she’s had for the last year or so, whilst lots of tourists and the like Bayside recently means that Denny seems to always be working late at the boat shed. Those engines won’t maintain/fix themselves.

Ruby and the others are all asleep, and even Sasha’s cat Beatrix is nowhere to be found, so it can’t keep the usually bubbly blonde company. Rosie, as she wanders into the kitchen in a chemise, hopes she’s still awake when Denny makes it home.

TO BE CONTINUED

Rosie’s chemise …..

5f954cd09b6560d4ed512b3b6e59467f.jpg

WAAAAY thanks for the cooool comments, Romeo&Indi Forever and Sarah !!!!

HAPPY Australia Day everyone !!!!!

CHAPTER 6!!!

It’s about half an hour since Rosie wandered into the kitchen for that iced coffee when Denny arrives home. Denny, as she enters the longue room from the hallway entrance to the house, sees her g/f’s legs over the side of the lounge chair. Denny can’t see the rest of Rosie just yet, as the back of the chair faces the hallway. Denny likes that Rosie has, well, at least tried to wait up for her ….. as Rosie hasn’t acknowledged that Denny is home. No “how was it in the salt mines today?”

Denny wanders by the chair that Rosie is sprawled out on. Despite the bottle of iced coffee on the little table beside her, Rosie appears to be muchly with the z’s. Denny is kinda pleased with that, as Denny knows that she’s a mess right now. Grime and the like from working at the boat shed means that Denny is muchly looking forward to a shower ….and then all she wants to do is catch some z’s of her own.

Denny heads into the kitchen, to get a glass of water, and as she does …….

Rosie [more than a little half asleep as she hopes it’s Denny she can hear] “Hey, good looking. How’s things?”

Denny [lovingly, as she looks into the lounge room and sees Rosie looking bleary eyed at her] “Nice that you waited up.”

Rosie “Well, we don’t get to see much of each other lately. I seem to be ALWAYS doing the breakfast shift at Angelo’s. Gotta do something about that.”

Denny “Hey, at least the Bay’s not a ghost town like it was after those Whincup’s almost destroyed the place. Not to mention Heathzilla ….and the uber snow storm. [after she finishes her glass of water] Anyway, I’m gonna have a shower. Even though you look all dead to the world right now, I probably STILL stink.”

Rosie was indeed still mostly still asleep until that moment, but Denny’s comment has given her a VERY good idea …..

Rosie [suddenly MUCHLY awake] “A shower, ey? Like the sound of that. You and me getting all soapy and lathered up together.”

Denny is more than a little surprised. Yeah, she knows they’ve not spent much time together of late, but a suddenly perky Rosie is not something she expected. All Denny wants to do is sleep, but how to tell her beloved that …….

Rosie [sultry voice, as she gets off the lounge chair with a spring in her step] “And after the shower, maybe we could ….you know? I’ve got NOTHING on under this chemise. Not even panties.”

Denny knows that she and Rosie haven’t been intimate for a while, but she feels all yucky and REALLY sleepy right now to even contemplate such an idea …..

Denny [soothingly, as she knows that Rosie’s heart is in the right place at least] “That MIGHT be good …..if I wasn’t 97% asleep right now.”          

Rosie [hopefully, but knowing she is pushing the point] “And the shower?”

The lack of interest on Denny’s face tells her g/f all she needs to know.

Denny heads for the bathroom, and Rosie to their bedroom. Denny knows that they’re struggling, but a roll in the hay when Denny is THIS “dead” isn’t going to help …..….whilst Rosie wonders what she can do to bring some much needed spark back into their ‘ship.

+++

The next morning, Skye wakes. She slept on the back seat of Billie’s car, with Billie doing so on the front seat. Skye opens the door and kinda stumbles out of the car. Sleeping in Billie’s car, whilst being a LOT better option emotionally for Skye, isn’t nearly as comfortable as her own bed …..

Billie [happy voice] “Happy Australia Day, Skye!!!!!”

Skye [still a little asleep] “Yeah. Same. Hey, you sound like you’ve been up for a while.”

Billie “No, just a morning person. And I’m more used to sleeping in my car than you are. How DID you sleep?”

Skye [getting more alert by the second] “Your back seat’s ……an acquired taste. I’ll get used to it.”

Billie ”That’s the spirit. Hey, the map I have of the area says there’s a roadhouse not that far from here ……. so after we get some brekkie there, I’m in REAL Aussie Day mood.”       

Skye [intrigued voice] “Like going to the nearest town and involving ourselves in the festivities?”

Billie [a little surprised by the response] “No. How artistic are you? [she sees the intrigued look on Skye’s face] I bought some paint a few days ago. It’s in the boot. You mighta noticed it when you put your bag in there. Anyway, I want to paint the roof of the car. Have a flag like design, but more ……indigenous. [spiritedly] Yeah, I’m all for a republic. The royals and their stupid babies. Like the world sees photos of Princess Charlotte and stupidly goes all ga-ga. [pause] So, what do you think?”

Skye isn’t really a royalist either, and this should be a good way that she and Billie can cement their new friendship. Hopefully, though, they can get back on the road soon because of her dad, but best keep her worries to herself for the time being …….

Skye “Sounds like a good idea. What have you got in mind?”

Billie [as she heads over towards the front passenger’s side door of her car] “I’ll show you.”

Billie opens the door and takes a folded piece of paper out of the glove box. She points the colour printed-off-the-internet design at her new friend [see image below]…..

Skye [enthused voice] “Hey, that’s different. I like it. Was expecting the indigenous flag where the Union Jack is. But yeah, that’s awesome. Bonus of the kangaroo.

Billie [happy voice] “Not shocked that a country kid like you said that.”

Skye [a little defensive] “Hey, EVERYONE likes kanga’s. REALLY wanna have brekkie now ….so can get it over with and start painting.”

+++

About 2 hours later, Billie and Skye are over halfway through painting the design on the roof of Billie’s car. A hearty breakfast at the roadhouse has long since been eaten, and there’s not too much more than the stars to paint now …..as the red, the kangaroo and much of the black have been completed. Billie knows that some of the time the design won’t be able to seen …..because it will be underneath her beloved surfboard, but it’s the thought that counts. That …..and it’s a good way to celebrate Australia Day.  

Billie enjoyed chatting to Skye as they painted. Just small talk for starters …..fave music, movies, clothes and the like, but then things got a little more serious …….with talk of boyfriends AND of family. Billie isn’t that keen to discuss her rift with Ricky ……and, given that Skye didn’t mention any issues with an ex, Billie has a feeling that Skye has family issues too. Maybe a dad/stepdad hits her???? Maybe …………..

Billie [slightly apprehensively] “Skye ……..I LIKE you. I REALLY do, but ……..why ARE you hitch hiking?”                                        

TO BE CONTINUED

The design the girls are painting on the roof of Billie's car ........

new-australian-flag3.png

AWESOME thanks for the comments, Kirsten and Sarah !!!!

CHAPTER 7!!!

Skye looks at Billie, as her friend begins to absorb all that Skye has told her. It’s a LOT to take in ….. especially how Skye was locked in her room for seemingly ages ......AND what happened to Lisa. To say nithing Billie noted that Skye started out telling her the barest of details about why she is doing what she is …..but then she sensed that Skye seemed, as she continued talking, to find the process empowering. Yeah, like she was telling “the world” that her more-than-likely adopted dad is a mentally abusive man.

Billie isn’t sure what to say, but KNOWS she should say something. Billie IS muchly supportive of her new friend. How can one not be when faced with a girl whose hitch hiking AND telling you something with the level of conviction that Skye did. Billie decides to respond with a common denominator …….

Billie [supportive, enthused voice] “Thank God for that paddock basher of yours.”

Skye [a little surprised, but pleased, of the way Billie has phrased her response] “Can see you’re as “religious” as I am.”

Billie “Yeah, didn’t know about you, but I was hauled off to church each week for years as a kid. TOTALLY was bored to tears by the end of it. Yeah, so I hope no guy wants to marry me in a church …cos I can’t see that happening.”

Skye likes that she and Billie have really connected. Like, she’s barely told anyone about her sitch with her dad ..only those she REALLY feels she can trust. Skye wonders/hopes that this level of trust will go both ways, but she’s not sure that she SHOULD ask. People’s secrets are their OWN to tell ………… and Billie senses her friend’s apprehension ……

Billie “So, I bet you want to know what went down tween my sis and I?”

Skye “I NEEDED to tell someone my deal. Especially someone willing to pick me up off the side of the road AND go with my “I had a dream” thing.”

Billie likes that Skye isn’t pushing her AT all to tell, but …….

Billie “You’re not the only one who needs to tell someone their deal. I mean I know my family, friends and the people from the pretty tight knit area where I lived know what I’m about to say ……but yeah, telling a …well,  a person who WAS a stranger , you’re sooo NOT a stranger now by the way [Skye nods approvingly of the acknowledgement]…. Yeah, it will feel/be just as good, I hope, as YOU feel now ….having told me bout that scum of a man you called dad.”

Skye looks at Billie with a you-can-tell-me-anything-and-I- won’t judge face, which helps ……..

Billie “OK, here goes. Myself, Ricky and our brother Adam went to this party a few years ago. Adam had been in trouble with the law a few times in the months before that. Nothing too big, but he seemed to always  ….I don’t know, he just always was. I mean, our parents had good jobs and we never had any money troubles. Maybe Adam just wanted to do what teens and the like males do and get some kicks. Rage against the machine. Anyway, we’d all had a little to drink at that party. I probably had the least …and wouldn’t have been over the limit ….I don’t think. Anyway, Adam insisted on driving. His car after all ….this was LONG before my love affair with my Pug begun ……………… “

Billie stops. Telling even a friend might be too much after all …….

Skye [supportively] “It’s OK. You’ve told me plenty. I don’t know everything …………….. “

But I know I can wait for the rest, Skye thinks. After all, Billy has already done so much for her.   

Billie “You’re a good friend, Skye. I WILL tell you the rest …..but …….. “

Skye [slightly cutting in] “Yeah, can see this isn’t easy for you. Let’s head back out on the road.”

Billie nods ….her load lightened a little by what she’s said. She then wonders about whether she should try to contact Ricky before she arrives in Summer Bay ……and whether Skye should try to do the same with the people she said she knows Bayside. John and Marilyn, was it? Billie quickly reconsiders both of those thoughts. She’ll no doubt cop a verbal barrage from her sister …one that Billie is keen to delay ….AND she also realises that if Skye contacts John and Marilyn, they might phone her dad. Billie KNOWS that Skye doesn’t want that.

Billie sighs, before looks at the completed flag mural that is now proudly on the roof of her beloved Peugeot 504. Feels a bit of a waste putting her surfboard atop it so soon, but it has to be whilst they’re on the road.   

Billie “Help me with my board and, yeah, we’ll be off.”

The two indeed place and strap the surfboard, another of Billie’s fave possessions, to the roof of the car …..before they drive out of the rest stop/public park where they’d been for the few hours.

+++

In the Bay, Rosie recently arrived home from her latest shift at Angelo’s. It’s late in the afternoon and Sasha is the only other person home. Beatrix, Sasha’s cat, is not far away from her. Sasha has noticed that, for the most part, her cat has seemed more protective of her these days. More around Sasha than she was prior to the life changing accident that means a wheelchair will, more than likely, be forever part of Sasha’s life.

Sasha is busy making one of the vinyl record handbags that she’s been sooooooooooooo successfully been selling online. Sasha initially started it as a bit of hobby …to see if there was much interest in what she's making ……but the business’s roaring success means that she is able to live off the profits, for the time being at least. Sasha’s also doing a related arts degree at the nearby university campus, but there’s no lectures and the like for her today, so she can concentrate on her burgeoning business. Well, she COULD  …….. if Rosie wasn’t moping about …….

Sasha “Rosie? [her friend, who was slumped on a chair near her, looks up at Sasha] Let’s talk about you and Denny.”

TO BE CONTINUED

WAAAAAAAAAAAAY thanks for the comments, Kirsten and Sarah !!!!

CHAPTER 8!!!

Sasha sees the VERY dear caught in the head lights look that Rosie has on her face, but before she gets the chance to say anything …….

Rosie [worried, annoyed voice] “There is NO Denny and me.”

Sasha [surprised voice] “What ?!? When did that happen?”

Rosie “We’ve not done ANYTHING together in seemingly years. Like, when she came home last night, I all but threw myself at her. Maybe I should have been wearing even LESS than my sexy chemise. I don’t know. We’re just ………. “

Rosie’s voice trails off …and Sasha can see how deeply Rosie is being affected her current sitch ……

Sasha ”I’m sure it’s not that bad. Denny LOVES you …….. it’s just …….. “

Rosie [cutting in] “Yeah, that stupid job of hers. I mean I know it’s good that the bait shop IS going so well but just wish that my Denny wasn’t there so much. [realises something] Hey, if Alf’s got THAT much work and getting a fair bit of money for all the work that’s being done there, maybe he could hire some else now. Like how there’s more than a few staff at Angelo’s. Yeah, there’s sure to be someone in the Bay who’ll fit the bill. What do you think, Sash?”

Sasha “That COULD work ……or you could sweep Denny off her feet with a grand romantic plan. Something she won’t want to say no to …….and will get her to convince Mr. Stewart to have some much needed it sounds time off.”

Rosie [with a gleam in her eye] “Better think not quite a sexy as I just was. Alf won’t like if I rock up to bait shop in lingerie …..in ONLY lingerie that is.”

Sasha [with a big smile on her face] “I almost DARE you to do that ……but yeah, Mr. Stewart would probably run BOTH of you out of town. But yeah, a getaway for the 2 of you sounds like a plan.”

Rosie “I wish we had what you and Blake and Ruby and Billy have. You all work hard, but have time for play too. Rubes and Billy especially. I guess working at an adult shop helps with that ….[mostly happy voice] and it’s not like Denny and I haven’t had fun in the past both whilst we’ve been at Sexy Tales ….and when we’ve got home from there.”

Sasha “That could be the answer. Rock up to the bait shop, like, now and convince your girl, and Mr. Stewart, to go to Sexy Tales. [Sasha laughs] I mean don’t get Mr. Stewart to go with you. He’s too ancient AND male for you.”

Rosie smiles. Maybe a trip to Sexy Tales, the adult shop their friends the mermaids own, IS the key …..

Rosie [trying to sound upbeat] “I hope you’re right. I soooo don't know what I’d do without a great mate like you.”

Sasha [happy voice] “I like being your guardian angel, Rosie.”

Rosie “OK. I’m gonna get changed. Not into lingerie, but something pretty yummy.”

Sasha [enthused voice] “You go, girl.”

With that, Rosie exits the room and heads for her bedroom ….thinking “Now, what to wear?” as she does.

+++

Meanwhile, Billie and Skye are continuing their road trip to the Bay. Whilst not distracting Billie too much from her driving, the friends are chit chatting about anything and everything. A lot of the time they are reacting to the songs and the like on the various radio stations they were listening to …as they pass through country town after country town. Billie though, as they talk, is finally more than keen to fully tell Skye about THAT rift.

Billie has recently driven over the border tween South Australia and New South Wales. She turns a little to the left  ….onto the wide dusty verge at the side of the road, which surprises Skye a little.

Skye “What’s with the stop? I  mean I know you’re the only one doing the driving and I know the police always say that you should stop regularly ……but our last stop doesn’t seem like that long ago. Unless you have to go to the bathroom and then maybe I should just be quiet and let you get out and do what you need to do.”

Billie smiles at her fast talking friend. If only this stop was as simple as having to pee …….

Billie “No. Not a bathroom break. I want to tell about what happened.”

Skye [surprised voice] “Did I fall asleep? Did something happen when you were driving tween our lunch stop and now?”

Billie “No. I meant what happen tween my siblings and I.”

Skye [realizing how serious this could be] “Only if you want to.”

Billie “I do. Secrets shouldn’t stay secrets.”

Skye braces herself for what she is about to hear …..and Billie breathes deeply a number of times ……

Billie  “OK. With that party we all went to ….well, on the way home, Adam ran off the road and totaled the car after hitting a guard rail. Thankfully no other cars were involved …….but the police arrived soon after. None of the three of us was that injured. Adam’s car was muchly with the modern. Airbags everywhere. My bro, even though he was shaken up more than a little, realized that THIS could be the last straw with the police …and our family name would be mud in the small town we lived in ……”

Billie breathes deeply several times ……..before continuing …..

Billie “So he more than suggested that I should tell the police that I was driving when we crashed. Adam knew that he would lose his license AND more. I couldn’t believe that he was saying it through AND that Ricky was joining in. They were totally guilt tripping me. Saying how this would destroy our parents. I know that I suggested that I should drive home in the first place, but this was …….. Adam made his own bed. I know he’s my brother, but it was just too much. I told the police the truth ……….and my brother went to jail. Yes, this was the last straw for the police. MY parents all but completely disowned me. Ricky left town, not wanting to be anywhere near me ……and before long, I Ieft. Things were too heavy. [Billie breathes deeply once more] So now you know.”

Skye takes all that in as quickly as she can. She knows all too well what family can do to each other ….and ……..

Skye [cautiously] “So why …….”

Billie [cutting in] “Am I going to Summer Bay? Things are mostly better again tween my parents and I ….AND even things have kinda thawed with Adam. Anyway, I hope to mend fences with Ricky too ….hopefully.”

Billie sighs. Feels like a big weight is of her shoulders. Skye sees this, and it further encourages her to UBER hug her new friend !!!!!!

Skye [as the hug continues] “Thank you for sharing all that with me.”

Billie “Only fare. You opened up totally bout YOUR sitch.”

Billie slowly removed herself from the hug, before she muchly smirks ……

Skye [intrigued voice] “Hey, what’s that look about?”

Billie [smiley voice] “You know how you wondered about us stopping cos I had to go to the bathroom. Well, now I actually do have to. [Billie looks slightly ahead and to the left of where their car is parked] Better head for that clump of trees over there.”

Billie exits the car and indeed head for the makeshift little girls’ room, whilst Skye continue to REALLY take in what her friend has told her.  

TO BE CONTINUED

MUCHLY thanks for the comments, Kirsten and Sarah !!!!

CHAPTER 9!!!

It’s late afternoon and Denny is doing maintenance on the engine of one of the small boats that the bait shop rents out to tourists and the like. Denny knows that she can get VERY single minded and has a habit of ONLY focusing on the thing that she is doing. She’s had to curb that of late. She knows she has to keep an eye out for customers entering the bait shop as well …..so she muchly sees someone walking along the beach towards the shop. But this isn’t just any someone. It's the love of Denny’s life.

The mechanic isn’t really surprised, after their late night chat last night, that Rosie is wearing a low cut dress and is sporting some SERIOUS cleavage. Denny smiles ….as she also knows that her beloved is surely wearing a push up bra …..unless she somehow missed that Rosie’s had a boob job recently. Denny’s smile is further enhanced cos she KNOWS that her g/f is wearing the knee length dress that Denny bought Rosie for her most recent birthday.     

Rosie [when she is beside the boat Denny is working on] “Hard at it I see. Keen for a little break?”

Denny [exhausted voice] “I’d like to …..but it’s just sooooo busy here you wouldn’t believe. There’s been customers in the shop or phone calls all day. Hardly had a chance to get anything done with ANY of these boats.”          

Rosie [a tad annoyed] “Where’s Alf? Shouldn’t HE be doing some of this? Sounds like you’re doing everything.”

Denny knows that Rosie has a point, but ………

Denny [cautiously] “It’s not that simple.”

Rosie [annoyed] “What do you mean? Think I’m going to head into the shop and give that slave driver a piece of my mind!!!! He just can’t do this to you. You work ALL day and night. I NEVER get to see you.”

Denny [as Rosie starts heading for the bait shop] ”Mr. Stewart’s not in there.”

Rosie [shocked voice, as turns back to face Denny] “WHAT ?!?! You do all the work and Alf slacks off. Gone fishing I bet. I know it’s his business but ………. “

Denny [cutting in, soothingly] “It’s not that simple, Rosie. [trying to lighten the mood a little] Nice boob job, by the way.”

Rosie [after she slightly smile as the acknowledgement of her cleavage/push up bra] “What do you mean?”

Denny begins to wonder if she should have said anything about Alf …….even to her beloved, which Rosie senses …. 

Rosie [lovingly] “Sounds like you’ve got the world on your shoulders. [Rosie puts her arm around back of Denny’s neck, and rests it on her g/f’s shoulder] You know I’m no blabbermouth.”               

Denny [heartfelt voice] “I know you’re not ……but this isn’t my secret to tell. It’s just …. Mr. Stewart’s not been here much lately ……and I don’t want to let him down. I’m in charge. Don’t want to see this place go to rack and ruin on my watch. I’m soooo not gonna quit, even if things are BEYOND busy here right now. I’m sorry I haven’t been more …..everything with you lately. It’s just ………… “

Denny sighs, and likes Rosie has a MUCHLY loving look on her face ……..

Rosie [loving voice] “You REALLY are amazing. Keeping something THIS big to yourself. And hey, if Alf’s this …… whatever …..MAN, he’s really kept it close to his chest. I thought everybody knew everything about everyone in this town. And hey, I’m guessing this is all cos you don’t want to walk out on Alf ……..like you walked out suddenly on your last job …… to come here to chase after Ruby’s mum.”

Denny [slightly teary] “You know me to well.”

Rosie “Should. I’m your future wife after all. [heartfelt] I’ll never forget that video message you sent me....that Sash took with her when she went into the past to save me.”

Denny kisses Rosie on the right cheek, then softly on the lips ………before …..

Denny “Thanks for being so …….you.”

Rosie loves that Denny appreciates how understanding she’s being, and …….

Rosie “Hey, I could give you a hand here. [Denny gives her an intrigued look] Like, at the counter …when I’m not at Angelo’s ….and, yeah, don’t let me near an engine ……unless you want them stuffed up forever.”

Denny [after she smirks about the engine comment] “I’ll think about it. Getting some help here at least ……so we don’t .............. “

Rosie [cutting in, lovingly] “We’re not gonna split up …EVER. We’re too awesome together.”

Denny can’t help but get all teary. She knows that she’s at work …..and maybe it’s not the most professional of looks, but she’s soooooooooooooooooo relieved that Rosie came here today, and saved what was becoming a strained ‘ship. Denny is also VERY pleased that Rosie didn’t push TOO much about Alf …….whose been more that a bit under the weather of late.

Denny dries her tears, before …..

Denny [happy voice] “Please wait up for me tonight. We’re totally going to ……….. “

Rosie doesn’t wait for the sentence to end …….MUCHLY pashing her girl before she gets the chance to finish …..before…….

Rosie [sexy, happy voice] ”I’m sooooooo gonna be naked when you get home.”

Denny muchly smiles as she looks at her beaming girlfriend, before Rosie all but skips as heads off home …..muchly looking forward to getting waaaaaaaaaaaaay hot and heavy with her girl tonight.

+++

2 days later, Billie and Skye are getting closer to Summer Bay by the second. They’re only 3 hours from the end of their loooooooong road trip. One that’s seen BOTH of the girls open up to each about their sitch’s. Skye can see that Billie, now that they are getting close to the Bay, isn’t chit chatting ...or talking at all ......much. She knows that Billie is VERY apprehencious bout seeing Ricky  ……..

Skye “I’m going to be right by your side …..when you see your sis. We’re in this together.”

Billie [surprised a little that Skye realises how she is feeling] ”Thanks. You’re a good mate, Skye.”

Billie smiles at her friend, and Skye does likewise …….but the smile disappears quickly when she looks ahead once more. On the rather busy road they are travelling on, there’s a police car or 2 ahead …..on the side of the road. The police are stopping many cars. Looks like a RBT van is there, but now it’s Skye that is worried. She & Billie haven’t been stopped by any police along their journey. They’ve seen the occasional patrol car going the other way, but this ………

Billie [deliberately VERY positive voice] “Hey, even IF they stop us, doubt that they’ll even notice you. I’M the driver here ….and I haven’t touched alcohol since the night Adam got hauled away.”

Skye slightly smiles. She knows that Billie is probably right …….but right now, she’s muchly worried about the missing persons report her dad is sure to be made about her. Skye’s anxieties intensify when a policeman gestures for them to pull over.             

TO BE CONTINUED

BEYOND thanks for the comments, Sarah and Kirsten and welcome aboard Red Ranger 1!!!!

I looooove Billie and Skye …my two current faves …… so it was cool to have them encounter each other in a variation/deviation from what happens to either of them on screen.

CHAPTER 10!!!

Billie’s Peugeot is by the side of the road. She looks at Skye who is looking at her. Both look apprehensive ……..

Billie “Well, I’m glad that cop didn’t take my blood pressure. Would have been through the roof with nerves. Bonus that he wasn’t paying attention to how worried you looked.”

Billie and Skye are in Billie’s car. The RBT van, on the outskirts of Sydney, is about half an hour behind them. Both are on edge ….

Skye “Well, I know my dad. Still can’t believe that psycho locked me in my room like that. Glad the police didn’t say anything. If they had, I would have footed it from there quick smart. My dad would have convinced people that I was the one in the wrong. He’s just ….. he’s got this way with people. Like he fooled me AND John and Jett. [really worried voice] Maybe we shouldn’t go to Summer Bay after all. Bet he’ s contacted the local authorities. I can see us being met by the local cops on the outskirts of town.”

Skye breathes deeply a few times. Billie knows that her friend is VERY stressed. It’s adding to Billie’s own apprehension, but it gives her some resolve ………

Billie [soothingly] “Skye, I know you’re stressed ….but you can’t let your dad win. AND I can’t let my worries about seeing my sister get the better of me ….even through parts of me wants to. I stopped cos I thought it best that we BOTH not be so stressed while I was driving. Think we should continue our journey. Besides, think I NEED to surf again. Getting withdrawal symptoms.”

Skye can see that Billie has a point …more than a few of them actually ….and although Skye’s not into surfing [not really an option for a country girl] she could see how well maintained Billie’s board is ……..

Skye [a tad nervously] “OK ……but if my dad locks me back in my room, I INSIST that you’re my cellmate.”

Billie “We drive then?”

Skye nods …..so they recommence their journey.

+++

Several hours later, Billie pulls her car in the car park of the diner in the Bay. Not long before, Skye was pleased, when they rounded a bend and saw the “You are entering Summer Bay” sign by the side of the road, that they weren’t greeted by a police road block. Billie can see that Skye is still nervous ……

Billie [slightly mischievously] “Come on. You think we’re gonna encounter the local police when we go into this diner?  Life isn’t a US cop show. No cops eating doughnuts.”

Skye “I’ll hold you to that.”

The duo enters the eatery. The place looks like a good enough way to get a lay of the land of the Bay. Sure, Skye  knows where the Palmers live, but part of her IS still apprehencious about it. Besides, it’s been a few hours since Billie and Skye have had anything substantial to eat. They quickly order some food at the counter …as Billie wants to eat before she enquires about Ricky, with Skye having a similar plan regarding the Palmers.

The friends are chatting as they wait for their meals when Skye stops mid sentence. Billie, moments later, sees why ……

Billie [slightly sarcastically] “Oh great. A cop. Looks like I was wrong about the doughnut thing …….[Billie notices something] Worse still, she’s coming this way.”

Skye [almost whispered] “We’re gonna be cellmates after all.”

Charlie [in uniform, standing beside their table, with a friendly voice] “Good afternoon, ladies. I’ve not seen you about town. Just passing through, or ….. I’m SGT Buckton, btw.”

Skye can’t believe it. Not that a cop is at her table, but THIS cop ……

Skye [hopefully] “Do you know RUBY Buckton, Ma’am?”

Charlie [slightly taken aback] “Maybe. Who’s asking?”

Skye “Don’t freak out ….but I had a dream ….about Ruby ….and about my new friend Billie here.”

Charlie [condescendingly] “A dream?”

Skye [a bit sheepishly] “Yeah.”

Billie [hearing her friend’s apprehension] “Yeah, a dream about me and Ruby ….and others. Like…Sasha and Rosie and this place …..and [whispered] some mermaids.”        

Charlie is once more surprised. These girls, who she doesn’t know, are aware of the “Angels” !!!!! No one who isn’t a resident of the Bay [recent past or present] is supposed to know. Are these 2 relatives of people in the Bay? Charlie is worried. She’s like a mother to Rikki, Emma, Cleo and Bella ….and their fellow mermaid April ….these days …….

Skye [clearly seeing that Charlie is worried] “Sorry to be a bother. It’s just ….hearing your surname. Being here in this place.”

Charlie [soft, but concerned voice] “About these ….. you know …..with the water, how much do you know? I’ve never seen either of you. Did a relative let it slip? I NEED to know.”

Skye further sees the worried look on Charlie’s face. Sure, the dream with the mermaids was/is weird, but the way things are sounding, THAT part of dream wasn’t interpretive. The 2 mermaids indeed seem to be VERY real. Billie, however, knows that she has a relo Bayside. Ricky didn’t tell her about the mermaids …..as they’ve not spoken in almost forever, but …….

Billie “I’ve got a sister here …….. but ……… “

Ricky [fiercely cutting in, moments after she enters the diner] “You little BITCH. What are you doing in MY town? [loudly] Everyone, this LOSER dobbed her own brother into the police. He went to jail. You’re a waste of space, Billie.”

Ricky quickly makes her way to her sister’s table. She grabs Billie’s left forearm ….and ……….   

TO BE CONTINUED

Archived