H&A to move to 7TWO?

dee123

Are the ratings down over there in Aus? That would be the only reason I can see this happening. However you'd expect a bit of support from the network first before moving it. A reboot / new boss / big publicity push etc are all what should happen first if it is to be moved because ratings are down. 

Would pushibg it to 7.30 instead have any huge impact?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the ratings down over there in Aus? That would be the only reason I can see this happening. However you'd expect a bit of support from the network first before moving it. A reboot / new boss / big publicity push etc are all what should happen first if it is to be moved because ratings are down. 

Would pushibg it to 7.30 instead have any huge impact?

Yes shifting it off to a different channel without first getting new producers and writers on board is a bit drastic.

People suspected Neighbours would not reach 30 in late 2012, now the same process is happening with the slightly younger soap H&A. Neighbours went through a bad period and came back. H&A needs to separate the wheat from the chaff and keep the goodies such as Roo, Alf, Palmer, Matt, Maz, Leah etc and axe the worthless characters such as Andy, Phoebe, Maddie and Josh. Then bring in a new family, if I was producer I would call them the Bateman's after the shows creator.

Really like Matt too,.opposed to most river boys hes not self entitled. I dont think the show needs rebooting. I actually think its better then Neighbours at present. Neighbours bores me, at least with H and A you got the beach and that lifestyle. It just needs some new characters, and new family etc. 

The problem is considering how far they film ahead the audience isn't going to see a real different for a while. But that's just crystal ball gazing.

Addario needs to go along with all the deadwood characters but i don't see that happening anytime soon. I mean look at all the psycho stuff Hunter is doing and it's looks like the character is still on the canvas.

The problem is considering how far they film ahead the audience isn't going to see a real different for a while. But that's just crystal ball gazing.

Addario needs to go along with all the deadwood characters but i don't see that happening anytime soon. I mean look at all the psycho stuff Hunter is doing and it's looks like the character is still on the canvas.

Yeah, it's a case of being patient at the moment I think and giving Dan time to get his stories through. I do think he is partly to blame for the direction H&A took a decade ago. It all started with his trademark 'Summer Bay Stalker' story line, which was good but after that it was just disaster every week and I don't think the show has ever got over that plot-driven element which was introduced under his tenure. Perhaps he's learned from the past.

I do hope network bosses have someone lined up to take over from Lucy, preferably someone who understands the ethos of the show. 

Archived