Life Goes ON

SammyF

Title: Life Goes On
Type of story: Long Fic
Main Characters: Kyle, Phoebe, Ricky, Irene, Brax, Cece, Chris, VJ
BTTB rating: T/A 
Genre: Romance, Drama, Friendship, Hurt, General
Does story include spoilers: Yes for those of you behind Australia. 
Any warnings: Sexual Content, Drug References, Language, Violence/Death (Pretty much what you'd see on the show.)
Summary: Kyle and Phoebe have broken up but is it the end? Irene has a new foster child who has connections to the bay, While Ricky isn't coping with Brax being in Jail. 

Chapter One

Kyle sighed frustrated as he lifted yet another chair and rested it upside down on the table. He was almost finished for the night but he was in no rush to go home, Josh was at Evie’s meaning Billie was the only one home. In all honesty he’d thought about not going home but he knew he had to check on Ricky.

Hearing his text tone go off he pulled out his phone, he wouldn’t admit it but a major part of him was disappointed when it wasn’t Phoebe. Instead it was Jett, with a frown Kyle wondered how Jett even had his number and even more so, why he had Jett’s contact in his phone but his confusion faded when he read the message; “Ricky’s upset and John’s trying to console her. Marilyn’s in the city. Come quick”

Placing the final chair down and grabbing his bag, Kyle rushed out of the restraunat.

Arriving home he heard his nephews cries from the front gate and rushed inside the flat seeing Ricky looking stressed out of her mind, jiggling the baby around in an attempt to soothe him, John suffering a horrid case of word vomit, mostly consisting of “It’ll be okay…All new parents…I was exactly the same…Well actually I might not have been…Oh the boy sure does have a good set of lungs…” and Jett standing near the door, mostly in preparation to make a quick escape.

“Hey what’s going?” He felt all three pairs of eyes on him and realised that probably wasn’t the best thing to say in the situation, so instead of saying anything else he just held his arms out to Ricky who silently passed him the screaming baby.

Once wrapped in his uncle’s arm the newborn’s cries immediately quieted down to small whimpers before the baby simply stopped and looked up at Kyle.

“Oh my word! How did he manage that?” Came a screech from John, almost as loud as the baby’s cries before.

“Cheers John but I think we can handle it from here. Jett, mate thanks for letting me know.” Kyle said as he ushered them out the door, Jett nodded and made a quick exit while John followed after him, mumbling something about Kyle being a ‘baby whisperer.’

Still holding the baby in his arms Kyle looked at Ricky who just shook her head as her eyes glazed over with tears.

“Hey, Hey. Rick, Ricky it’ll be okay” Kyle told her as he laid the boy in his cot and went and sat next to the new mum.

Wrapping his arm around her as Ricky let the tears escape, “Rick, it’s okay. You’re a new mum and you’re doing great. He was probably just crying because of Palmer’s yapping.”

Ricky laughed lightly at the joke, “Kyle, I’m not sure I can do this.”

Kyle looked her directly in the eyes, “Ricky, you are going to be the best mum and this kid is lucky to have such an amazing woman for a mother and he’s obviously very privileged to have me as his uncle, not sure about Heath though.”

Ricky, “But what about his dad? Kyle, Brax is in prison for twenty years. I’m going to be alone for 20 years. I’m sure I can do it for that long.”

“Ricky you can though, but you don’t have to because you’re not alone. You have me, Ash, Denny, Nate and apparently you have Palmer as well. Ricky, you have all of Summer Bay that are going to support you and you will never be alone in this.”

Ricky smiled lightly, her eyes still teary as she allowed Kyle to pull her into a hug.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

“I just got notified of it myself Leah,” Irene told Leah, “She’s 15 almost 16 and she’ll be here by 5 o’clock. Lord help me when I tell Chris.”

Leah smiled, she’d heard all about Chris’s jealously when Maddy stayed for just a couple of nights. “You must be excited though, how long is her placement?”

“At least a year…”

“What’s a least a year?” Chris asked as he all put ran toward Leah and Irene, a grin plastered on his face as usual.

“Well a foster child is going to be living with me and you’re going to be on your best behaviour or else you’ll be dealing with me, you got that? No repeats of when Maddy was with us, all right?”

Irene glared at Chris before heading into the diner’s kitchen, without waiting for a response.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...

Irene smoothed her hair as she sent one last look at Chris, who was standing straight, ready to meet their newest house guest.

Opening her front door she greeted the two females waiting there with a smile and welcomed them in, “I’m Irene Roberts, it’s a pleasure to meet you both.”

The elder lady, smiled, “Judith Daniels, I believe we spoke over the phone? This young lady here, is Charlotte Humphries.”

“Charlotte? Hi I’m Chris, welcome to our home! I’m sure you’ll enjoy your stay here with us, it’s for year isn’t it?” Chris announced as he pushed his way forward to meet the girl.

Irene grimaced, Chris was obviously trying to be nice but as normal, he was going over the top.

The blonde teenager smiled, “Hey uh yeah that’s okay right? I don’t want to get in anyone’s way.”

Irene smiled, “Of course not love, shall I show you your room? It’s just upstairs.”

As the four trooped up the stairs, Irene showed them the bedroom that would hers. “I’ll take you out and we can pick up a few things to make it yours.”

Charlotte smiled and shook her head, “No, it’s lovely. Thank-you for doing this.”

“It’s no trouble at all darl. We’re glad you’re here.” Judith watched Irene and the teenager interact with a smile, she knew Charlotte’s past and from the interaction she was seeing here, Charlotte would be safe and happy during her time with Irene.

“Shall were go downstairs and finalise a few things?” Judith asked.

Downstairs the adults went over a few thing and explained to Charlotte how she could, if needed, get in contact with Judith.

“Yep. I know, I’ve been in care for most of my life, I understand how it works.” Charlotte smiled.

“Alright then, I’ll keep in contact and have lovely evening.” Judith smiled as she made her way to the door, waving goodbye she left.

“So Charlotte I’m one of the owners of the local diner-”

“and I work there!” Chris announced with a grin, “We; Reenie, Leah and I, oh and Maz – we’re the diner girls.”

“Christopher! Anyway I was thinking we would go and get dinner there?”

“Sounds great but please, call me CeCe, nobody’s called me Charlotte for as long as I can remember.”

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………................

“Sorry about him love, he can be extremely overwhelming at the best of times.”

Cece shook her head, “I like him. He’s happy. I love happy people, sometimes in foster care you don’t meet enough of them.”

Irene smiled, Cece was lovely so far, and she seemed very polite and had a small smile on her face the entire time she’d been there. She seemed different to the teenagers that Irene had fostered before, although why she seemed different, Irene couldn’t figure out.

“I’m back, here’s your menu madam and yours Irene. Leah’s just out the back she’ll be over in a minute.” Cece giggled softly as Chris gave her a menu and sat down.

“So Cece tell us about yourself?” Chris asked, leaning forward and putting his chin on the palm of his hand.

Cece laughed, “There’s not much to say, I’m Charlotte Lucinda Sage Humphries and I’m 15 and I haven’t been with a family for over a year for the past 5 years and I’ve been in foster care since I was like 6.”

Chris frowned, “How many different places have you lived?”

Cece shrugged, “I don’t know, I gave up counting once I got sent inter-state. I’m from Melbourne originally.”

In all honesty Chris felt sorry for the girl, he couldn’t imagine growing up without a family, no matter how much he felt pressured by them to be someone he wasn’t.

“Well you have a family here with us.  And the rest of Summer Bay they’re great. Do you like karaoke?”

“Who doesn’t like karaoke?” Cece said grinning at the randomness of his question.

Irene sat and sipped her tea, watching the two talk. They got on like a house on fire and by the time Leah came over to take their order, Irene had noticed how Cece seemed like a younger, female version of Chris – perhaps a little tamer though.

“Hey guys what can I get you?” Leah asked.

“May I have a chicken burger please? I’m Cece by the way.”

“Leah Patterson, it’s lovely to meet you by the way. I’m sure we’ll be seeing each other a lot, I’m the youth worker at the high school here.” Leah smiled.

“Just a salad wrap for me please Leah.”

“Can I get a chicken burger as well? Also another strawberry thick shake please.” Chris ordered.

“Coming right up.”

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................

“Are you staying tonight?” Evie asked her boyfriend as they lay on the couch watching a movie.

“Ah yeah. Kyle’s been weird since he broke up with Pheebs and-”

“So I’m your escape? That’s why you stay here? Just to get away from your grumpy housemate?” Evie snapped at him.

“What? No I just meant that I’d rather be here with you? If you don’t want me to stay, I can go? It’s fine.” Josh offered.

“Yep. I think that’s for the best, you should leave.” Evie told him, standing up and heading towards her room, slamming the door behind her.

Josh frowned, what just happened? He had no idea, “Um okay? I’ll go then? See you later, I guess.” As he headed out the front door he ran into Oscar who raised an eyebrow at him, Josh just shrugged and left the house confused.

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................

“Uh Hey, you’re home?” Josh looked up from the novel he was reading to see Kyle standing in the doorway.

“Yeah, Evie was being weird, told me to go, so I went.” Kyle nodded and headed for fridge.

Grabbing a beer he called out to Josh, “You want one?”

“Uh yeah thanks.” Josh accepted one of the beers Kyle was offering him.

The two then sat in silence sipping their beers before Josh broke the silence, “How’s Ricky?”

Kyle nodded, “She’s alright, just stressed I think. I wish I could make it easier for her.”

“Sounds like you are, from what I’ve heard you’re a bit of baby whisperer.”

Kyle smiled lightly at Josh’s comment.

“Have you decided to go and see your mum?” Josh’s birthday was last week and Kyle knew that his mother had tried to get in contact.

“She shot me. Unintentionally but she still shot me, I’ve forgiven her but I’ve done pretty well without her and I just feel like I’m in a good place right now. I think we’re all in a good place, for once.” Josh nodded his head along with what he was saying.

Kyle raised an eyebrow but didn’t say anything.

Josh’s eyes widened after realising what he said, “Apart from Brax being jail. I’m sorry, I just blanked for a second there.”

Kyle shook his head, “Its fine. Sometimes just for a minute I forget about it as well.” Sometimes Kyle did forget that his brother was serving 20 years in prison and that his nephew would grow up without his dad, sometimes Kyle forgot about his break up with Phoebe and expected her to just turn up at the most random times, but she didn’t because they wanted different things in life and Kyle knew he needed to move on.  

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for reviewing Romeo&Indi Forever and Sarah (Thanks for the lovely pm) and also to Quiet Achiever for letting me know about the ratings :) 

Chapter Two

“So what do you wanna do mate?” Ricky asked Kyle as he cradled his nephew.

“Do? What do you mean?” Kyle said glancing away from the newborn to look at Ricky.

“Your birthday? Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten.” Ricky watched as Kyle sighed lightly, redirecting his gaze onto her son. “Mate...mate, what was that?”

Kyle shook his head, “Nothing. No plans…just hang with this little dude.”

Ricky smiled, “Well I’m no Evie, so there won’t be a big surprise but we’ll do something at Angelos, yeah?”

“Sounds good.” Kyle smiled, “Actually I have to go and do something, are you going to be okay?”

Ricky nodded and took her son back as she watched Kyle rushed out the door.

Kyle once back in the main house opened his laptop, in all that had happened he’d forgotten about the reservations he and Phoebe had made at a hotel in the city.

Muttering under his breath about the hefty cancellation fee he sighed and began the process of cancelling the suite he’d booked.

“What are you doing mate?” Ricky asked as she carried the baby over to where Kyle was sitting.

Kyle turned to look at his brother’s girlfriend, “We had reservations.” Kyle lamely pointed at his computer’s screen.

“You and Pheebs?” Kyle nodded. “Well why don’t you still go?”

Kyle screwed up his face, “Yeah, no. I’m not sure I’m in the mood to stay the Hilton by myself.”

“The Hilton? Certainly going all fancy,” Ricky chuckled, earning a smile from Kyle.

“Why don’t you take it? It’s all booked and paid for, you deserve a break, take the little guy with you and enjoy yourselves.”

Ricky shook her head, “I think it’s a bit soon to be taking him to stay in the city. But thankyou Kyle.”

“You’re sure? I’m just going to cancel it otherwise.”

“I still think you should go, I’m not the only one who needs a break Kyle, you’ve had a lot going on as well.”

Kyle shook his head and re-focused his attention on his laptop, quickly clicking a few buttons before shutting the lid, “There. It’s done. Cancelled.” Standing up, Kyle walked through to the kitchen and called out to Ricky, “Do you want a tea or a coffee?”

Ricky frowned, “No thanks,” Kyle had been acting weird since his break-up but lately he seemed so guarded that it was difficult to have an actual conversation with him before he shut down and avoiding talking to her like she had the plague.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“I love it. I really do. Thankyou Irene.” Cece smiled at Irene as they stood in the doorway of her bedroom, they’d gone out earlier and purchased a few accessories and had spent the day putting the room together nicely.

“I still think it could do with a lick of paint, maybe a yellow or a green? I’d be happy to paint it for you,” Chris offered. The room was mostly white and creams with the occasional black accessory.

Irene shook her head at Chris, he’d been insisting on painting Cece’s walls a bright colour all day and had been consistently shut down by the both of them.

“Fine then, how about a round of sing star? Cece you in?”

“Only if you’re prepared to lose,” Cece grinned.

“Oh Sharlo you have so much to learn.” Chris sighed and began his way down the stairs, “Reenie, you want to play as well?”

“Sharlo?” Cece asked.

“Uh yeah, it’s totally your cool-cat name, Reenie, Sharlo and the Chris-inator!”

“Chris-inator? Oh my word. I’m going to love you and leave you darls. Cece, love if he gets too much just lock him in a closet or something.” Irene shook her head as she gathered he keys and handbag.

“Where are you going Irene? We’re about to have an epic battle of the songs.”

“Work darl. Away from you. Enjoy and don’t break anything, please.” Chris and Cece smiled at each other before racing over to the couch, each grabbing a microphone.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

“It’s not my fault, I’m obviously just more talented than you are Christopher.”

“Um no. I was just going easy on you, now I know you can hold your own I’ll actually try next time.” Chris, having lost their battle on the sing star was now taking Cece on a tour of the bay, they’d stopped in to see Irene and had been on the beach, deciding they’d go back there and have a swim after getting a pizza from Angelos.

Taking a seat in one of the booths they both grabbed menus.

“Hey Chris have you seen Kyle?” Cece looked up to see a guy with shaggy black hair standing above their table.

“Sorry dude. We just got here. This is Sharlo by the way-”

“Cece actually.” She interrupted.

“Ah nice. I’m Josh. Are you new to the bay?”

“Yesterday,” Cece nodded.

“Cool, we’ll I’m sure I’ll see you around. Chris if you see Kyle can you tell him I’m looking for him? Or to answer his phone.”

“Sure thing.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Look all that I’m saying is that Pitch Perfect would not have been as good as it was if Fat Amy wasn’t in it.” Cece held up her hand as she spoke.

Chris shook his head, “No. No. Fat Amy was great but I’m sure what really made the movie was Benji and his magic tricks.”

“Oh my gosh, he was literally in the original movie for like 5 minutes. He didn’t make the movie.”

Chris stopped to think about what she’d said before resorting back, “You’re right! It wasn’t Benji but it was the magic that made it so good!”

Cece rolled her eyes, “Maybe you should take up magic then Chris?”

Chris looked down, “I’ve tried. All through school, mum banned me when I was in grade 11. Apparently she didn’t want to keep putting out fires?”

“Fires? You’ve started fires?”

“It was only one or two! She was over-reacting, as always.” Chris shook his head, “I’m going to go to the little boy’s room. I’ll be right back.”

Cece grinned as she watched Chris stand, “The little boys room?”

“Yeah...Aka the men’s. Yeah that’s where I’m going to the men’s!” Chris announced loudly causing the whole restraunat to look at their table.

“Okay. You do that then.” Cece grinned, unaffected by the other customer’s stares.

As Chris made his way to the bathrooms he ran into Josh, “Hey did you find Kyle?”

Josh shook his head, “I’m just gonna wait here for him.”

“Well sit with us if you’d like. Might up your street rep if you’re seen with me.”

Josh laughed, confusing Chris as he wasn’t joking. Walking over and taking a seat, he cleared his throat “Hey Cece right?”

Cece looked up, “Yeah. Josh? Did you find your friend?”

Josh shook his head, “He’s also my boss and housemate but I’m just going to wait for him here. Chris said I could sit here, said it would ‘boost my street rep.” Josh laughed as he motioned speech marks around ‘boost my street rep.’

Cece laughed “Is he always like this?”

“Is Chris always like how he is? Yep. That’s Chris, he’s very….uh Chris?” Josh struggled to find the right word to describe the eldest Harington.

“So you live with your boss? Must be a small town?”

Josh nodded, “It is. He’s actually my brother, well half-brother’s, sort-of step-brother? If that makes any sense.”

Cece scrunched up her face, “Woah okay. Very small town then.”

“Yeah it’s a tad confusing. Anyway, what bought you to the bay? How do you know Chris?”

“I’m a foster child, I just got placed with Irene Roberts and Chris lives with her as well.” Cece explained, she was used to being asked about her life – all the kids at the schools she’d been too, had questions and in all honesty she didn’t mind answering them. They meant no harm and were just curious.

“Irene’s great. I’m sure she’ll-”

“What’s going on?” A loud voice asked causing both Cece and Josh to look up.

“Hey Evie, you haven’t met Cece yet have you? She’s living with Chris and Irene.”

Cece smiled and held her hand out to the brunette girl, “Hey.”

Evie looked down at the hand being extended to her and then glanced back at the blonde sitting next to her boyfriend, “Oh I wasn’t aware that Irene enjoyed living with trash?”

Cece’s mouth feel open slightly, not knowing how to react she simply put her hand down and said nothing.

“Evie!” Josh scolded, shocked that his girlfriend would say such thing.

Evie looked at her boyfriend before down at the younger girl, “Oh I’m sorry did I hurt your little feelings?”

Cece shook her head and her lips turned into a small smile, “It’s okay. I’m Cece.”

Evie just raised an eyebrow and then looked at Josh. She then huffed loudly and stormed towards the exit.

“I’m so sorry about her. She’s not normally like that.” Josh apologised to Cece, who shrugged it off.

“You have nothing to be sorry for.”

“Hey guys. Did you miss me? Sharlo this is my friend Phoebe, Phoebe this is my new housemate Sharlo.” Cece heard Chris’s voice coming from behind her.

With a grin Cece corrected him as she turned to face him, “Cece,” she smiled at Chris before her eyes fell on the person next to him, “Phoebe?”

Phoebe’s eyes widened as she began to recognise the girl in front of her, “Lucy?”

“It’s Cece. It will always be Cece to you.” Chris looked at Cece, who’s words had a coldness to them, he’d never had imagined her using.

Phoebe rolled her eyes slightly, “What are you doing in Summer Bay, Cece?” Over exaggerating the girls name as she spoke.

“Me? What am I doing here? What are you doing here?” 

Thanks to both of you for commenting! 

Chapter Three

“I live here now” Phoebe told the girl, who with an unimpressed look on her face raised an eyebrow.

“You Phoebe Nicholson, live in Summer Bay? A small town? Wow always thought you’d stay in the big cities, that’s where you were going to get your big break wasn’t it?”

“Yeah well I live here now so…..”Phoebe trailed off.

The air was suddenly filled with awkwardness, Josh looked to the ground, Phoebe and Cece glared at each other and Chris looked between the two girls confused.

“Well isn’t this awkward-” Chris began only to be cut off by Josh also attempting to break the silence.

“Kyle you’re here! Great, so I was wondering-”

Cece spun around to see who Josh was talking to, her eyes widened. “Kyle?”

Feeling the weight of the crate he was holding suddenly become heavier Kyle stared at Cece before muttering a small, “Luce?”

Phoebe looked between Cece and her ex-boyfriend and then towards Chris and Josh, motioning for the latter to go towards the bar.

Chris, shooting one last glance at Cece followed Josh and Phoebe to the bar, “How do you know guys know Cece?”

Phoebe sighed and looked over her shoulder at Kyle and Cece who were sitting in a booth, neither looking like they knew what to say. “Kyle and her were foster siblings. I met her after I started dating Kyle when we were younger. They were really close. Then he left us both, and I haven’t seen her in years.”

“Didn’t sound like she liked you very much?” Josh asked slowly.

Phoebe shook her head, “We never really got along, she was like 8 though.”

“Why not? She seems great,” Chris asked.

“Look it’s not my story to tell.” Phoebe snapped and stormed to the exit of Angelos.

Josh and Chris stared after her before looking at each other confused, this girl must have really shaken Phoebe for her to snap like that.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Kyle looked at the girl sitting across from him, she seemed so different to the girl he used to know but there was an air of familiarity about her.

“So….” Kyle trailed off.

Cece nodded awkwardly, not really knowing what to say.

“This is weird isn’t it?” Kyle asked, Cece nodded. “You look so different.”

Again Cece nodded, except she opened her mouth to speak this time, “Yeah that’s what happens when you don’t see someone for 5 years.”

“Luce-” Kyle softly said.

Cece shook her head, “No. No, Kyle. You don’t get to call me that. You left me, you just disappeared. I’m not Luce or Lucy or Cece to you. I’m nothing. I’m absolutely nothing to you.”

Kyle’s eyes saddened as he watched the usually positive girl stand, her words so full of pain that he felt as though his heart was breaking.

Cece shook her head, she wasn’t the girl to be weak. That wasn’t her. She was happy and positive and that was what she needed to be right now, so painting on a smile, she laughed. “But that’s okay, because you’re nothing to me either.”

Cece turned away from Kyle and began her way to the exit of Angelos. As she reached the exit she turned around to ask one last thing, “Were you ever going to come back?”

Kyle looked at her, his saddened eyes meeting hers. “I….I’m…”

Cece shook her head, a smile still present although anyone could tell it was fake, “its fine,” and with that she left. 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“It was weird Irene, I swear. Phoebe went all crazy and Kyle just sat in the booth for the rest of the afternoon. Cece left, maybe I should go check the house? To see if she’s okay.” Chris told Irene.

Irene’s eyes widened as Chris concluded his recap of his day, “No. No. Love, I’ll go check the house and I’ll give you a ring if she’s not there.” 

Chris nodded as he watched Irene remove her apron, “Alright. I’ll hold the fort here.”

Irene nodded, not really listening to what Chris was saying. Her mind already focusing on the girl who was only just placed in her care.

Chris looked around the diner, seeing Marilyn and Roo had it all covered he sat down at a table and began to relax.

……………………………………………………..................................................................................................

“Love. Chris, he told me what happened a Angelos,” Irene walked over to where Cece was sitting on the sofa, looking up the blonde shrugged.

“I just wasn’t expecting to see Kyle ever again, that’s all.”

Irene sat down next to her, “How do you know Kyle Braxton?”

Cece scrunched her face up, “Braxton? It’s Kyle Bennett actually and he was just placed in a foster home with me when I was younger.

Irene nodded, “Right, and how long were the two of you placed together?”

Cece shrugged, “Until he turned eighteen and took off.”

Irene, “And then he kidnapped Casey,” Irene muttered, creating a timeline in her head.

“He what?” Cece asked shocked.

Irene looked at Cece, “I’m sorry. Love, a lot’s happened in the past few years, maybe you should go and talk to him? Kyle’s a good kid.”

Cece shook her head, “No. I haven’t spoken to him in years, I don’t need to start talking to him now. It’s fine.”

Irene didn’t look convinced but decided it was best not to push the issue.

Cece looked around, “Is there anything you’d like me to do? Anything that needs cleaning?”

Irene laughed softly, “Not right now love, I’ll tell you what, how about we get changed into something more comfortable and watch a few chick flicks? Get to know one another a little bit better?”

Cece smiled, “Yeah. That sounds nice.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………….......................

“Hey! Hey, Rick?” Phoebe called out as she jogged towards the new mum.

Ricky stopped in her tracks, turning to face the aspiring-musician, “Hey Pheebs. How’ve you been?”

Phoebe nodded, “Yeah, alright. I actually just wanted to ask, how’s Kyle?”

“Yeah he’s alright I think. Keeping busy, helping out with Case a lot. He’s with him now actually.”

Phoebe cocked her head to the side, “That’s good but I mean, did he say anything about Cece?”

Ricky scrunched her face up, “Cece?”

“Yeah. He hasn’t mentioned her?”

Ricky shook her head, “Should he have? Who’s is she?”

Phoebe sighed, “She was his foster sister back in Melbourne? She’s living with Irene apparently. He didn’t say anything about her being here?”

“No. He didn’t, he actually doesn’t mention much anymore,” Ricky told Phoebe.

“Is he okay?” Phoebe became concerned.

Ricky shrugged, “I don’t know Pheebs, he’s changed since you guys broke up. Kind of reverted back into the robot that he was before you came to Summer Bay.”

“Robot?”

Ricky looked at Phoebe, seeing the concern in her eyes, she decided to continue, “Yeah. You know, not smiling, not saying much except for anything to do with Angelos or the gym. He just works, sleeps, he does help with Case though – which I appreciate, goes back to work and does it all again.”

“Was he really like that before I came?”

Ricky shrugged, “Sort of yeah. Phoebe he changed so much when you guys got back together, I’ve never seen him so happy. He actually smiled.”

“I didn’t know that,” Phoebe said, “That he wasn’t happy here.”

Ricky shook her head, “No. It wasn’t that he wasn’t happy, I think he was. It was just he changed, for the better when you turned up. Did you guys really never talk about what his life here was like?”

“No, we did. I just…I guess there was just a lot we didn’t talk about,” Phoebe’s mind filling with thoughts of the marriage proposal and the resulting break up.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Kyle looked down at his sleeping nephew, the baby having fallen asleep a good ten minutes ago but Kyle couldn’t bring himself to put him in his crib. He smiled, inhaling the soft scent that Casey’s skin had.

“Hey, thanks for getting him to sleep,” Ricky smiled as she stood in the doorway, watching Kyle stand slowly.

“It’s alright, wasn’t too difficult after his bottle he was out like a light,” he smiled as he placed the baby in his cot.

Looking back at Ricky he asked, “Are you going to be good tonight? I can stay if you want.”

Ricky smiled, “No, thanks. Go and sleep in your own bed, I’m sure we’ll be fine.”

“Okay,” Kyle made his way to the door, “I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

“Kyle, wait. Can we talk?” Ricky asked.

Kyle nodded, looking towards the sleeping baby and motioning towards the main house. Ricky nodded, grabbing the baby monitor and following him.

“I ran into Phoebe earlier, she’s worried about you,” Ricky started softly, taking a seat on the couch, “She mentioned something about a foster sister?”

Kyle looked away, “Yeah.”

Ricky didn’t say anything, waiting for him to elaborate. When it became clear he wasn’t going to she sighed, “Care to expand? Share your thoughts on that?”

Kyle shrugged, “She was like my baby sister and I left her. I hurt her and she doesn’t want anything to do with me.”

“How old is she?”

Kyle thought for a moment, “She’d be 15, 16 soon.”

“Kyle, she’s just a teenage girl. I’m sure if you talk to her she’ll understand why you did what you did and then the two of you can get to know each other again.”

Kyle shook his head, “No. I always promised her that I would be there for her and I didn’t keep that promise, I don’t blame her for hating me.”

“Pretty sure she couldn’t possible hate you,” Ricky and Kyle spun around to see Phoebe at the front door, “Sorry, for interrupting, I just – uh wanted to talk to Kyle? If you’re busy, it’s fine.”

Ricky shook her head, “We’re not busy. I’ll leave the two of you to it,” and with a small wave Ricky left the two exes alone.

Staring awkwardly at each Kyle motioned for her to sit, “You can sit if you want.”

…………………...............................................................................................................................

Sorry for the terrible update, really not happy with this one but I thought I should upload. In the next chapter a few other members of the bay will begin to make appearances.

It's not terrible glad to know that Kyle knew Cece aka Lucy and Phoebe knew her in the past too.

I hope Kyle and Cece can mend things.

I look  forward to more.

update again soon :) 

Thanks for commenting Romeo&Indi Forever

Chapter Four

“Did you and Lucy get to talk?” Phoebe asked cautiously as she took a seat.

Kyle nodded slightly, “Yeah. Only long enough for her to tell me not to call her that though.”

“Yeah she wasn’t happy with me calling her that either, then again, she never was.”

Kyle tilted his head, “No she wasn’t, but you still did. Why?”

Phoebe shrugged, “I don’t know, initially I think I wanted her to like me and then when she didn’t, I just did it to annoy her and it just became a habit after…real immature I know. I was young though, we were young.”

Kyle’s met hers, “Yeah we were.”

Phoebe shook her head, glancing away, “But I’m not here to talk about us. I’m here to see how you’re doing.”

“I’m fine.”

Phoebe shook her head, “No you’re not.”

Kyle glanced at Phoebe, not knowing what to say, “I’m-”

Knowingly Phoebe touched his arm, “It’s okay Kyle, it’s okay to not be okay.” Looking into his eyes Phoebe could see how tired he really was, tired of keeping it all together and Phoebe wanted nothing more than to take his pain away. “I promise it’s going to okay, you are not alone.”

His eyes glazed over, “But I am, aren’t I? Heath’s in the city, Brax is locked up, you’re gone and Casey, he’s-”

“Kyle,” Phoebe started off softly, “I’m here for you.”

Kyle shook his head. Phoebe’s heart broke watching him, she didn’t know what to do to comfort him.

Wrapping her arms around his neck she inhaled his scent, “Kyle.”

Pulling away from her Kyle looked into her eyes, Phoebe eyes softly gazed back at him. His eyes lowered towards her lips as Phoebe leaned in slowly towards him.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

“Irene, I just wanted to say thank-you for last night,” Cece said as she walked into the kitchen, her blonde hair still damp from the shower.

Irene smiled, “It was a lovely night wasn’t it love? Tell you what, why don’t the two of us head down to the diner and grab some breakfast? I know the girls would love to get to know you better.”

“Breakfast sounds lovely,” Cece told Irene and the two began to make their way outside.

As they entered the diner Irene noticed Alf standing near the counter, waiting for his coffee. Motioning for Cece to follow her, “Alf this is Cece, she’ll be staying with me for a while.”

Cece smiled at the elder man as he introduced himsef, “G’day love, I’m Alf Stewart.”

“Hi! I’m Cece, it’s nice to meet you,” Cece said cheerfully.

“Oh Cece, you’re here! So absolutely terrific to see you again,” Came Marilyn’s bubbly voice from the kitchen, “Oh why don’t I give John and Jett a call and they can come down to meet you?”

Cece laughed and said to Alf, “Looks like it’s everyone-meet-Cece day.”

“Oh that’s Summer Bay for you, everyone knows everyone. You’ll get used to, we all already care about you and we’re so happy to have you in the bay.”

Cece looked at Irene who winked at her and back towards Alf, “Thankyou Mr Stewart that means so much.”

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Phoebe blinked a few times, her vision slightly blurred by sleep as she looked around. Realising where she was she moved slightly, suddenly becoming aware of the arms tightly locked around her waist.

“Kyle? Kyle, come on, time to wake up,” She whispered towards the sleeping figure next her. Receiving no response she tried again, this time a little bit louder, “Kyle, baby wake up. Kyle?”

“Phoebe?” Kyle murmured as he woke up, slowly moving his body into a sitting position.

“Hey.”

“Last night?” Kyle asked, not really sure of what his question was.

“Yeah, last night.”

“I’m sorry,” Kyle told Phoebe, who sat up, pulling a sheet with her to cover herself.

“What are you sorry for?”

“I pressured you into this, I’m sorry.” Phoebe shook her head at his words, “No. You didn’t, I wanted this as much as you did.”

Kyle looked at her, “You wanted this?”

Phoebe nodded, “Of course I did. I love you.”

“You love me? Phoebe, what’s the problem then? I love you, I want you and we should be together,” Kyle said.

“Kyle there are reasons we’re not together anymore, good reasons.” Phoebe told him softly.

Reaching across the bed toward Phoebe he grabbed her hand, “We can work it out Pheebs. I love you and I just want you.”

“I want to be with you too Kyle,” smiling slightly at him, “But right now isn’t a good time to sort us out, I think that you need to focus on Casey and reconnecting with Cece.”

“Phoebe.” Kyle pushed a piece of her hair behind her ear.

“No. Kyle, this is what needs to happen okay?” Phoebe kissed his cheek and began to gather her clothes from the previous day.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Ricky smiled at Hannah as she walked past the nurse in the corridor, she’d just left Casey’s check-up and was thrilled that her son was healthy.

“Ricky, hi.”

Ricky stopped, “Hey, how are you? Back at work I see.”

“Yeah I’m good, started back a few days ago. How are you? Are you doing alright?” Hannah smiled down at the stroller that held a sleeping Casey.

“I’m getting kind of sick of everyone asking, how am I? But other than that, Kyle’s the magic baby whisperer so Casey’s been doing really well,” Ricky nodded.

“Have you seen Brax?” Hannah asked cautiously.

Ricky nodded, “Yeah last week, we’re going to go on Wednesday as well.”

Hannah nodded.

“Well I better get back to it,” Hannah motioned towards a patient’s room, “it was nice to see you.”

Ricky nodded, “You too.”

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“How’d it go with Phoebe?” Ricky’s voice drew Kyle from his thoughts.

“Fine,” Kyle replied sharply.

“Did you two talk?” Kyle nodded.

Ricky sighed, “Kyle, give me something to work with.”

“Yes alright, we talked. We talked and that’s that.” Kyle stood abruptly.

Looking at him Ricky asked curiously, “Is that all you guys did?”

Defensively Kyle replied, “Yes. All we did was talk.”

Ricky smirked, “Okay. But the hickey on your neck says otherwise,” and with that Ricky went back into her flat.

Kyle watched her leave before raising a hand to his neck. Sighing Kyle grabbed his keys and headed out the door.

Driving the short distance towards the diner he pulled up into the parking lot. Entering the diner he saw Chris standing at the counter and headed towards him.

“Hey mate, I was wondering where I’d be able to find Lu- ah Cece?” Chris looked at him and then pointed slightly past Kyle, who turned around to see what Chris was pointing at.

Kyle watched as Cece laughed at something Alf said, he didn’t move from his position by the counter until her eyes moved from the people she was sitting with towards him. Her smile didn’t falter as she stared at him, taking that as a good sign he walked the short distance towards her table and stopped about a meter away.

“Cece,” Cece continued to look at him, “Could we talk?”

Cece glanced at Irene who nodded encouragingly. “Sure.” She told him and stood up.

The pair silently made their way outside and towards Gina’s memorial bench and sat down. 

Archived