H&A Spring Break - From the Bay to LA

Psychic Wombat

http://www.backtothebay.net/news/2015/04/21/ha-spring-break-uk/

I don't understand why we can't catch up with the Australian episodes, what's wrong with that, it would get rid of spoilers in forum posts.

“There’s only 45 weeks’ worth of episodes produced of Home and Away in Australia every year, which sadly means Channel 5 has to take 2 annual breaks in order that we don’t catch up, but worry not! 5* will be celebrating some of the show’s most successful actors with classic episodes. More details on that very soon.”

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They can't catch up completely, I'd say we need at least a week's gap, but I don't see the need for a break this long and this early.

We had Braxton episodes last year, don't think we did the previous year, wasn't that the year we had that 20 Hottest Character poll, including episodes on Hayley and Noah?(Although they messed up the Hayley one.)Actually, I'd say the "most successful actors" thing potentially means seeing older actors who've become famous since...Or they might go for someone who only left six months ago and went off to Hollywood afterwards.

I don't understand why we can't catch up with the Australian episodes, what's wrong with that, it would get rid of spoilers in forum posts.

“There’s only 45 weeks’ worth of episodes produced of Home and Away in Australia every year, which sadly means Channel 5 has to take 2 annual breaks in order that we don’t catch up, but worry not! 5* will be celebrating some of the show’s most successful actors with classic episodes. More details on that very soon.”

I don't mind too much that they are taking a break as as you've said the show is not on 52 weeks a year so something has to give. I would actually prefer if we caught up TBH. It's not so much the spoilers that are a problem as there is a dedicated part of a forum for that purpose. But what I really take exception to is posters who follow at Australian pace who have very little regard for their UK counterparts and frequently come into this section of the forum and post things that haven't aired on the UK screens because they can't be bothered to check what episode the UK is up to or simply don't care so don't use spoiler tags.

In terms of episodes I wouldn't mind seeing some of the early years.

I personally don't watch the show anymore, but every time Channel 5 take a break I live in hope that they may grasp the opportunity to show some of the classic "Early Years" episodes. They managed it successfully a couple of years ago with positive viewing figures, so why not show a few more... ??

Surely that would be better than bombarding us with this Brax character, or Braxfest that we have continually had to endure over the last few years, well some of us anyway I refuse to watch these episodes as well !!

I suppose we will just have to wait and see but I am sure I will be watching the paint on my walls dry again...

By my reckoning we are five weeks behind at the moment which is acceptable, but after having the break we will be back to eight weeks, why a whole month though? I'm sure I remember a time when we were just a week behind. :unsure:

It'd be a great idea if we could see some of the 'old' episodes during that time and not the usual ones they drag out!

Archived