Alison Patterson - Kathryn Ridley

I think this great guest character deserves her own thread. She should have been made a regular. Alison appeared from 19 Feb 1988 to February 1989 and was quite bitchy. I think her appearances became more frequent in the second half of 1988. I think Emma Jackson, Hannah Wilson and Sasha Bezmel remind me of Alison in looks.

I love watching the catfights between Alison and Bobby.

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER
  • Like 1

Id love to see Alison back especially as its been a while itd be nice to see what shes been up to since leaving, and especially with VJ being in the show it gives a reason for her coming back, she was one of the great guest characters of the time. I can imagine an older version of Alison to not of changed a lot and still be a bitchy trouble causer, I can imagine her and Leah to clash a lot and maybe Alison would lead VJ astray.

Edited by Gazza

• 2 years later...
On April 21, 2015 at 08:48, Homeandawayfan. said:

I think this great guest character deserves her own thread. She should have been made a regular. Alison appeared from 19 Feb 1988 to February 1989 and was quite bitchy. I think her appearances became more frequent in the second half of 1988. I think Emma Jackson, Hannah Wilson and Sasha Bezmel remind me of Alison in looks.

I love watching the catfights between Alison and Bobby.

Allison had some great moments in Home and Away ?? I agree, she should've been a regular. 

Would love to see her back at some point. 

• 2 years later...

She was very much the Sue Parker prototype from Neighbours - both recurring teenage bitch characters in the early years of their respective shows. Interestingly Neighbours brought back the character of Sue a few years ago for a couple of guest stints, played by the original actress too. Unfortunately TPTB at H&A have zero respect for legacy characters or the history of the show, and haven't since around 2008.

Along with being Vinnie's cousin, I think Alison's aunty was also Sally's first primary school teacher. Has this been confirmed?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Martin Dibble? said:

She was very much the Sue Parker prototype from Neighbours - both recurring teenage bitch characters in the early years of their respective shows. Interestingly Neighbours brought back the character of Sue a few years ago for a couple of guest stints, played by the original actress too. Unfortunately TPTB at H&A have zero respect for legacy characters or the history of the show, and haven't since around 2008.

Along with being Vinnie's cousin, I think Alison's aunty was also Sally's first primary school teacher. Has this been confirmed?

History is just messy anyway its better to just leave it as normally just makes history get more messy anyway. 

9 hours ago, Martin Dibble? said:

Huh? So never bring a former character back because history is messy?

I just mean that so often when a character comes back on a soap they are either written nothing like they were before or their character's history is rewritten. 

Other than Alison being a school mate of Roo I don’t see any reason for her to return. 

• 2 weeks later...

Alison wasn't one of the main characters, and would appear occasionally, but her storyline and character became more and more entertaining and interesting than the main cast. From a bitchy schoolgirl she caused trouble for almost everyone else, became a gold digger, offended and insulted everyone else in summer bay and the consequences just ended up snowballing, she became hated by absolutely everyone and was forced to leave summer bay. It'd be great to see her return to summer bay