Mako Island of Secrets/Mako Mermaids

dncllpyk

Mako Island of Secrets in Australia Mako Mermaids in uk is a spin off to H20 Just Add Water. Except this time the mermaids are real Sirena, Nixie and Lyla in season 1 which has already aired and Sirena, Mimmi and Ondina in season 2 which is currently on Sunday mornings on 11. Land boy Zac shambles into the moon pool one night while camping during a full moon and turns into a merman. The mermaids want to remove Zacs powers. Other characters include Evie Zacs girlfriend, Cam Zacs best mate, David who owns the cafe, Carly Evie's best friend, Rita a grown up mermaid who mentors the mermaids and Erik (season 2) who works at the cafe. The mermaids also have legs when they are on land they were out cast out of their pod after they let Zac in the moon pool while they were supposed to be guarding it. Rita was out cast after she fell in love with a human man

i really like this show !!!!!!!

i prefer h2o, but its coooooool to have real mermaids this time round ........ was especially funny when they walked for the 1st time !!!!, that the s1 girls were naked [kids show, so we didn't see their privates] when they 1st changed into human and that they was afraid/freaked out by Rita's cat !!!!!!

there's soooooooooooooooooo much to enjoy about this series !!!!!

Episode 4 aired on 11 today and Erik revealed to Ondina that he is a merman. Apprently mermen don't have pods instead they live with foster families on land. I can't wait to see what else happens in remainder of season 2

I had a feeling that Erik was a merman ....... just the way he looked at one of the mermaid's moon rings a few eps ago. LOOOOVED his converastion today with Ondina about having legs [including her saying "Yeah, they do the job"] before he discvered her secret.

LOOOOOOVED Isabel Duant's acting - with how scared Ondina was - both with Erick 1st saw her tail AND when she was trying to convince his not to tell anyone her secret.

Oh, and was really funny last week whe Evie "blondely" had a shower at the start of the ep !!!! [hello tail !!!!!!] but was good that she embraced her new abilities today !!!!

Not sure, pembie, if its currently screening in UK. Previous seasons of h2o [and Mako???] have been on nickelodeon in your part of the world.

LOOOOOOVED yesterday’s ep !!!

Was coooool that mermaid Mimmi used her ability to speak to whales to give Evie’s dad a better business opportunity [whale watching tours] than dive tours at Mako Island !!!!!

Mimmi being able to speak fluent Humpback dovetails nicely with Serena and Nixie being able to speak dolphin in series 1 ………..

AND takes us back to where things all started for this show’s creator …….as 20+ yrs ago, [alien on Earth] Neri conversed with whale Charlie in “Ocean Girl” !!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds GREAT !!!! i'll keep an eye out for it !!!

Re the eps we've seen so far in Oz, i'm worried about the science teacher that we saw in the most recent ep. she claerly has issuew with Rita, adn i wonder if she'll really start a quest to have something on her [to use as leverage etc]

its like, think of the likes of Zane, Charlotte and especailly "Dr Baywatch Babe" in h2o !!!

Archived