The Sets Thread

Does the show ever re-use the old sets from the Early Years, the only sets that I have noticed that are still in use is Irene's house (formerly Bobby and Greg's home) and the Summer Bay House.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How come we never see bedroom/bathroom or other house sets? The only bedroom we really see is the bedroom on the bottom floor of Irene's house (currently Chris/Spencer) or maybe once every few moths a scene in Maddy's. We have seen the top rooms of Irene's houses twice when both Bianca and Chloe got raped, but apart from that I couldn say the last time I saw them. Same with he Braxton house, when Rocco was alive & his death that was the only time we saw that set. I remember seeing Leah's room when Dan died, but these don't seem to be complete houses, because all we see is the kitchen and couch now.

^ Naturally it would be different as Colleen came back in 1997 to clean out all the crap Lance left behind but ended up taking it over and while it would be a shock, the home would represent Colleen living there at that point even if it did look a little sedate in comparison.

^ Naturally it would be different as Colleen came back in 1997 to clean out all the crap Lance left behind but ended up taking it over and while it would be a shock, the home would represent Colleen living there at that point even if it did look a little sedate in comparison.

From memory, in 2000 they filmed inside the actual interior of the mobile home. Back in the Lance and Martin days the interior was filmed in a studio set. But I think the layout was very similar.

And yeah I think that's the only time a set from days gone by has been brought back. It would be nice if this did this with other sets for both continuity and nostalgia. There's lots of old sets to choose from (although I imagine they'd have to rebuild them, the original sets are probably destroyed).

Amanda's mansion for example would be a great place for Morag (not that I want Morag in the show under the current writers). Or indeed her original mansion.

The old Bayside Diner was seen on the outside in 2013 when Adam was revealed to be alive rather than dead which the viewers and the Braxtons thought initially.

This old set turned out to be Adam (Ricky's brother) and Ricky's house and was first seen again after many years in episode 5737.

The old Bayside Diner was seen on the outside in 2013 when Adam was revealed to be alive rather than dead which the viewers and the Braxtons thought initially.

This old set turned out to be Adam (Ricky's brother) and Ricky's house and was first seen again after many years in episode 5737.

Though technically not a set, more a reused location with interior scenes filmed in the real interior as opposed to a set (it was also a house back in the Diner days)

Archived