The Sets Thread

The old diner was seen in 2013? Wow... What happened to Don Fisher's houses and the Blaxland mansion? And how did the old Stewart house get destroyed? Also, I think the bedrooms at Irene's house have had a major overhaul. I do remember seeing the Summer Bay House bedrooms like last year or something (It was in the recent episodes anyway).

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Don's first house became the Bowman house, I think. It had subsidence, so he sold it. Presumably the subsidence was sorted.

The second house was destroyed in a bush fire started by Jack Wilson.

The Bayside Villa house should still be standing.

The Stewart house was destroyed in a mudslide.

The Beach House has gone between 3 and 4 bedrooms. I think it was originally 3 (2 up, one down) then it was 4 (3 up, 1 down) then 4 (2 up, 2 down as a door appeared at the bottom of the stairs) then 3 (2 up, 1 down) and then finally the door at the bottom of the stairs was removed again.

I used to really enjoy seeing the bedrooms upstairs in SBH, and we were seeing them fairly frequently up until around 2008. Up until around 2012 they still showed one bedroom upstairs, but it was always the same room, redressed depending on whether it belonged to Nicole, Miles or Roo, etc.

The Townhouse was regularly in use until early 2010, and although probably my least favourite set, at least we got to see the bedrooms upstairs from time to time.

What happened to the drop in centre? I loved that place.

The new studios are small compared to the old Epping studios so they've probably thrown out/recycled most of the sets, never to be seen ever again.

I had no idea when they moved studios it was to a smaller place. I knew they moved but that was all

I used to really enjoy seeing the bedrooms upstairs in SBH, and we were seeing them fairly frequently up until around 2008.

But even then, nowhere near as often as in the 80s and 90s where it was used literally all the time.

Yes and at times they had more sets than they do now. There were also times they had the whole Stewart house set up (excluding bedrooms) and that set was huge.

What happened to the drop in centre? I loved that place.

The new studios are small compared to the old Epping studios so they've probably thrown out/recycled most of the sets, never to be seen ever again.

The drop in centre burnt down in early 2004. I loved that place as well for what it's worth and yes the real building still exists apparently.

http://www.backtothebay.net/locations/onlocation/locations/sarah-mackay-drop-in-centre.shtml

I agree the new studios are smaller these days and therefore it makes the sets look cluttered.

I used to really enjoy seeing the bedrooms upstairs in SBH, and we were seeing them fairly frequently up until around 2008. Up until around 2012 they still showed one bedroom upstairs, but it was always the same room, redressed depending on whether it belonged to Nicole, Miles or Roo, etc.

The Townhouse was regularly in use until early 2010, and although probably my least favourite set, at least we got to see the bedrooms upstairs from time to time.

I loved the Townhouse, because it looked like a real apartment. It had some colors on the walls, but not too much, and the kitchen was very simple and modern without being too simple and modern/urban. The stairs looked real and the bedrooms was quite suitable for the characters who lived there.

I think they dropped the Townhouse in favour of other sets, and for marking a change to a new era in 2010.. At the same time we lost the Den/Diner... and Irene changed the color in her house, and so did also Leah after a while. I have never liked these changes, because I think they became either too jolly or urban (the diner, Irene's house) or too gloomy (Leah's place). The old sets were more realistic.

I like when they are showing us scenes in bedrooms, in the kitchen, in the bathroom, bedroom and so on, because it makes me feel like we are watching the characters in their everyday life. I think we have seen some kitchen scenes from the farmhouse, and I have to admit I like that set most of today's sets. It looks like a house in the woods or out in the country. I think that the Stewart house is ok, but the furniture and the walls are too much white and pink.

I don't think we have had a bathroom scene since Geoff walked into the bathroom when Belle was taking a shower.. And that must have been in the 2007 season....

And the bedrooms had more meaning earlier on.. Belle's bedroom, Tasha's, Jade's, Nick's, Sally's, Flynn's... and so on...

Archived