Heal

Laura2015

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh so Rhys was murdered. I thought he must of died in a crash or something like that. I wonder if Amelie will work out who killed him. You're writing is very good. :)

Awww thank you! I hope people will keep on enjoying it. There be twists and turns and you might see some old faces.

Laura :D

Thanks for the comments and the lurkers for reading, too. I hope this isn't boring.

Laura

Chapter Two

Taking her sunglasses off, Amelie looked up at the building in front of her and smiled. Wow the surf club hadn’t changed one little bit apart from what looked like new sitting areas. Tucking the glasses on top of her head she walked into the building as she pushed Aurora’s pram. She didn’t feel comfortable leaving her newborn with Ruby even though she trusted the girl with her life, but that was just her maternal instinct.

Looking up at the Surf Club so many memories came flooding back of her youth; nights drinking in the bar when she was of age, hanging out with her friends and getting into trouble with Alf Stuart and now the building was hers. It had been when she was six months pregnant she had accidently discovered the place was for sale. For a while she had gone back and forth before putting in an offer, to her amazement was accepted.

It was time she started living her life again and move on from the events of two years ago. That night still haunted her but coming home maybe was the solution to it. Walking forward she looked down into the pram to see Aurora was still fast asleep in her travel sleep cot. She had been an accident but something that had saved her.

“Miss Cullen?” she heard a voice ask before she turned around to see a man and a woman stood together.

“Who’s asking?”

“I’m Melissa Nathaniel, the estate agent, and this is Kyle Braxton....”

Amelie couldn’t help the smile that appeared on her face as she looked at Kyle. He was hot there no doubt about that but no man would want a woman with three children; too many complications and she knew about complications.

“Mr Braxton, it’s a pleasure to finally meet in person.”

“Yes shall we go in? I have a flight to catch.”

“Of course,” Melissa said quietly before the trio headed into the surf club.

Melissa unlocked the door before they stepped inside. Amelie looked around and she smiled, a lot had changed on the inside but it all had potential and could see it making a lot of money. In front of her, on the right hand side was the ice cream/smoothie bar she had heard about and then on the left was the access to the gym. Through some double doors was the bar that originally had been owned by Alf Stewart and Martha, she had been told. She wanted to reopen that for business.

“Let’s go upstairs to the restaurant, shall we?” Melissa questioned as she pointed to the stairs.

The trio headed upstairs and once in the restaurant Melissa smiled. Kyle unlocked the doors to the restaurant before they stepped in. Amelie’s eyes instantly scanned the restaurant and saw the wall of doors leading out onto the balcony. There was tables in two rows and then six banquettes which liked but her eyes were instantly drawn to the bar.

“Mr Braxton did you do theme nights?” she asked as a brain wave came to her.

“Open mic nights and we had started to do Spanish nights, too.”

She nodded. She felt a vibration coming off Kyle that said he hadn’t wanted to sell the restaurant. She had read the restaurant history; it had originally been owned by a man called Angelo Rosetta who had sold the business to the Braxton’s. Now it was becoming hers and she wanted to make some changes including updating the decor. She wanted it to reflect herself and maybe have some way being able to serve food in the bar, too.

Half an hour later Amelie stood on the balcony of the restaurant, the papers in her hand showing the surf club was all hers. She smiled before turning to look down at her sleeping daughter; everything she did now was for Aurora and her brothers. They were going to have an amazing childhood in Summer Bay. Turning on her heel she walked through the restaurant and into the kitchen. It was quiet large and she decided to start advertising for a new head chef – she wanted to be open before Christmas in order to have that custom.

Once she had checked the restaurant out, she headed downstairs to the bar and looked around. She found two storage rooms, a small locker room with chairs dotted around and a notice board. There she was surprised to see a old rota but that gave her an excellent idea on how much staff she needed. Finally she went out to the ice cream bar and then into the gym. In total she would be hiring about fifty to eighty staff in one go but she wanted to start contacting old staff. Luckily for her, her father had told her to put the wages through the family business as he had helped her buy the club.

Stepping out into the sunshine, she quickly locked up and headed over to her car. Looking down at Aurora she was amazed the little girl was still fast asleep but she guessed the dummy in her mouth helped. It was moving up and down so she wasn’t concerned and would feed her once she got home.

“Amelie....Amelie is that you?”

*_*_*_*

Evie MacGuire let out a sigh as she walked into the diner. She was meeting her sister Denny and her brother, Oscar for dinner. She was looking forward to spending some time with them as recently life had been hectic. School and spending time with Josh had meant she had been spending less and less time at home which was something she needed to correct. Spotting her siblings in a corner she walked over to them and sat down.

“Hey, have you heard the news? Apparently the new owner of the Surf Club has moved into town and is going to be hiring for staff,” Denny informed her younger sister.

“Really?” Evie said, wanting to get a part time job. It be good for Josh to get some work too and they could start saving up for a flat. They were about to finish school and hoped to attend the local university together.

“Yes. Her name is Amelie Cullen and apparently she use to live here.”

“Did I just hear right?” they heard the voice of Irene Roberts, who had been cleaning the table next to them. “Amelie Cullen is back in the Bay?”

“Yes do you know her?” Denny asked.

“The Cullen’s are one of the founding families of the bay. Amelie left the bay when she was eighteen, so about fourteen years ago. Something happened in America I heard of but...well I didn’t expect her to be moving back here.”

“What is she like?”

“Amelie? She was very popular when she lived here.”

“Thanks, Irene.”

“Anyway what can I get you?”

Denny decided on a burger and fries with Evie and Oscar going for the same. Denny decided on a coke for her drink while the twins had chocolate milkshakes.

“Are you going to try for a job then?” Denny asked.

“I’ll see what jobs are going first but yes. What you been up to?” Evie asked her sister. It had been a year since Casey had been murdered and there had been whispers that Denny was dating Roman Harris. He had been released from jail eight months ago and had moved back to the bay. She had previously dated Ash but they had broken up.

“Nothing,” the elder sister replied as her younger siblings gave her the look.

“Ha I know you too well, Den, so spill.”

Denny sighed and knew she wasn’t going to get any peace over the topic, not once Evie had gotten it into her head.

“Yes I went out on a date with Roman on Friday and we might be going to the new place in Yabbie Creek in two days time. We’re taking it slow and he knows about Casey.” The mere thought of Casey still brought tears to her eyes and it hurt that his killer wasn’t even brought to justice. She was glad that Brax and Kyle had decided to tell her the truth about that before they flew off to Adelaide to start a new life.

“Well he’s hot,” Evie replied as their meals were brought over by Sasha.

Denny just smiled and decided to keep her head down and take it slowly.

So in this story we'll be following Amelie, Ruby and Denny but there might be a fourth.....

Archived