Please can someone bring me up to speed... not watched for 5 years&#33

loulou170388

I used to be a massive Home and Away fan from 2005 to around 2010/2011 and have been a member of this forum for almost 9 years!

I loved the characters back then (Cassie, Mattie, Ric etc) and having watched old episodes on youtube and just watched some recent episodes there doesn't seem to be that 'magic' that Home and Away used to have (or the loveable characters or good storylines!!!)

Maybe its because I am not emotionally invested in these characters and don't know the storylines.

Can anyone bring me up to speed with who is in it now and what is going on?

^_^

P.s. I can't remember how to edit my signature so apologies as a story I started to write back in 2007 could not now be considered 'new'!

Also does anyone know if there is anywhere we can watch/download old episodes? There are some from 2005/2006 I would love to watch again that are not on youtube!

Well Alf, Irene and Leah are still in it VJs 15 now and is played by a different actor and has a best friend called Jett who was adopted by the guy who runs the surf club (John) who is now married to Marilyn and used to be married to Tony Holden's sister who has now died

Leah is seeing a school teacher called Zac and she is now the school councillor she also has Matt a teen from Mangrove River staying with her and Dr Nate Cooper whos wife was principle at the high school

but she went crazy and just caused a bus crash

The gym is now called body and soul and has new ownership

The diner is now called the pier diner after a race riot in 2010 burned the other one down

Roo, Alf's daughter and Martha' s mother came back and works at the diner.and is guardian to Maddy who is a big brat but was cheated on by Josh and Evie so got back by sleeping with Oscar

thought she got pregnant but was just diagnosed with cancer

Irene has different people living with her Chris and Spencer who are brothers Spencer is a teen who was originally a run away with his girlfriend Maddy, but they later split up and he began seeing Sasha he then had a reoccurance of his Bipolar and later split from Sasha and has most recently been targeted by an online predator

Chris is his brother and the comedy element of the show unlucky in love and works at the diner

Sasha used to live in farmhouse with family but they have moved away so she lives with Irene now and after numerous boyfriends is now seeing Matt.

The biggest thing to happen is probably the Braxtons or "River boys" a surf gang from Mangrove River a bit like Johnny Coopers gang into drugs but overtime they went straight so much has happened with them there were originally 3 brothers ( Brax heath and Casey) but Heath moved away with wife and kids and Casey was murdered. Brax remains with Ricky his pregnant girl friend there half brother Kyle and Caseys half brother Josh and Josh's half brother Andy and Braxs mate from prison Ash who is looking for his sister and was stitched up by her dodgy boyfriend

In the farmhouse lives Andy's on off girlfriend Hannah her Niece and Nephew Evie who is now with Josh and Oscar who are also Zac's niece and nephew and they are twins and there half sister Denny who dated Casey before he was murdered
Whoa think I got everything within the last year or so

As the original poster was asking for a rundown of storylines, I've removed the posts that started steering the topic into another discussion about the current state of the show etc. (there's other threads dedicated to that) and also tagged parts which are spoilers for the UK viewers.

The most notable storyline is the pivoric storyline. Brax a river boy a well known criminal is dating charlie a police officer. Hammer pivoric turns up he beats heath another river boy up and shoots charlie in the arm and threatens to kill her. While charlie is walking hammer kidnapps her then calls brax . Brax turns up and makes charlie tie him up so hammer can shoot brax. Just before hammer fires charlie jumps on hammer attempting to get the gun she is thrown to the ground where she finds another gun and kills hammer. She and brax and ruby and casey decide to go to the city to live. When charlie is getting ready for her last day at work jake pivoric turns up and shoots charlke she can not be saved. Then just recently jake returns he wants to get revenge on brax he kidnapps josh casey another river boys brother. Brax, casey, kyle and andy show up to get josh back when jake shoots missing brax and hitting casey . Casey dies in braxs arms. In revenge brax smashes his car into jakes then there is an explosion which sees jake in hospital andy the other brother of josh turns off jakes life support during the night . Now both pivorics are dead for there actions toward the braxton family. Watch it on youtube

• 2 weeks later...

Another memorable moment was Nicole having a baby but not wantin it. Agreeing to sell it to marilyn and aid who desperately wanted children but as we know marilyn can't have them. Nicole hanged her mind and wanted to keep baby (after giving it to Maz and Sid) and wanted to leave summer bay with child. Marilyn went a bit mad kidnapped it and fled to the airport but was stopped last minute. Quite sad really. Her and Sid fell apart then and she moved back to the caravan park where she lived until recently marrying John Palmer.

Also Roo was married to Harvey but he went away on a trip with old friend and got lost at sea. Missing for months. He turned up alive after Roo gave up and thought he was dead. She said bye to him and grieved for him, but he'd stayed away on purpose. Came back all strange and their relationship never lasted

Archived