Unpopular characters, worst characters

Homeandawayfan.

I am sure there are some on here who think certain characters in H&A are probably best forgotten about, or highly atrocious characters. Whether minor, recurring or regular which are the H&A characters you would rather forget about.

Mine are (in my personal opinion)

Andy Barrett - probably the worst ever for me.

Maddy Osbourne

Casey Mitchell

Aaron Welles

Liam Tanner

Matt Wilson

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say from watching the Early Years recently Frank is a character I can't stand! He just seems to have a massive chip on his shoulder that never disappears during all his stints on the show.

Other characters that I was never fond of throughout the show past or present is Maddy, Angel (I know she's an iconic character but I didn't like her) and Karen (especially in her second stint, not so much in her first stint where she was quite interesting).

It's hard to say really, you forget.And your opinion changes.I hated Aden a lot of the time and there's still a lot of things about him I don't like but I can look back with nostalgia goggles.Same with Jack Wilson, pretty much the only 90s character I gave up trying to like.I still think Romeo was a pretty unlikable character on the whole.But then there's characters like Xavier who I disliked at first but who became one of my favourites.

Of the current lot, Andy's pretty much unsalvageable but there are others like Josh and Evelyn who I hate at the moment but might end up liking one day.Or might not.

I think there is a difference between largely unpopular characters and a character that a few people don't like...

And some people like only charchter they think are sexy, or do agree with all their actions. For me it isn't like that. I like characters with dark sides, and also actions that I don't like. But the storyline around the actions is important. Their backstories are important to me, and also the progress of the storylines.

I know he is a popular character, even if I don't think he is that popular as the writers/producers think. But Brax is the character I really want to forget about, because I think he isn't the kind of a character we should have in a daytime soap. His backstory is full of holes, and he is overplayed, aggressive, possessive and false. But I don't think I will forget him, he has been far too dominating.

I never really liked Angie either, but I remember her because of all the wrong reasons. Her storylines were full of holes and weird plots. And she was quite dominating too.

And also want to forget about Eve Jacobsen - the stalker.

I think that Romeo was an extremely forgettable character, bland and boring. And with a messy backstory that suddenly was forgotten about. And he was introduced as a good guy, and that's the reason why we were expected to think he was nice no matter what he did. And he was such a spineless character without any direction. And I really can't like that kind of hypocritical characters.

But then we have the characters that are so bland that I do forget about them. Some of them were characters that had some potential but the writers didn't seem to bother with them. But others were just bland. Such characters like Harry (from the nineties, don't remember his last name), Henry Hunter, Jai Fernandez, Nathalie and Henri (the teacher).

From the current cast I also want to forget about Hannah, but it is difficult since she still is in the cast. But she is horrible, wrong casting, really badly played, inconsistent character personality and totally hopeless. She is extremely unbelievable and hopeless as the twins aunt. She is even worse than Brax in a way.

I have to say watching the early years there wasn't too many bad characters but one that stood out for me was Simon Fitzgerald. For an actor hand-picked from Neighbours he did a pretty appalling job and I wasn't surprised he didn't last a full year on the program!

History seemed to point at Karen and Hayden being appalling characters as well but I didn't think they were THAT bad to be honest (I am giving Roxy and Luke some time before passing judgement on both but its not looking good for either of them!)

Archived