Who do you prefer as Principal, Gina or Sophie?.

j.laur5

Who do you perfer as princpal Gina or Sophie  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We need a more ordinary everyday character like Barry Hyde or Martin Bartlett. Either could return and fit in nicely actually.

I miss when the principal of Summer Bay High was someone who had self respect and authority, someone students could look up to.

I doubt someone who is in jail for murder would fit nicely as a principal

We never found out what really happened to Barry though. Still bitter that the writers ruined the character for the sake of sensationalism. They had a great couple in Irene and Barry who could've been in it for the long haul.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need a more ordinary everyday character like Barry Hyde or Martin Bartlett. Either could return and fit in nicely actually.

I miss when the principal of Summer Bay High was someone who had self respect and authority, someone students could look up to.

I doubt someone who is in jail for murder would fit nicely as a principal

We never found out what really happened to Barry though. Still bitter that the writers ruined the character for the sake of sensationalism. They had a great couple in Irene and Barry who could've been in it for the long haul.

Well at least he killed Josh. Josh was starting to get uncomfortable with all the mean stuff he was doing. Why was the mass crowd so angry at him and attacked him btw? They should have cheered him for getting rid of the monster that was Josh. I wonder how the actor that plays him now looks like, haven´t searched anything related to his name since 2007. He´s not that old tho, he turns 66 this year so he could return and still be a principal, people can still have that job as 66 year old right?

Yes people at the age of 66 could be in a position of being principal but if Barry's been convicted of manslaughter he won't be able to work in the education system again.

However you're confusing the age of the actor to the age of the character. For all we know Barry isn't 66 years of age and he's younger than that but it hasn't been confirmed one way or another.

When they don´t mention a characters name i usually just assume they are their real age. I wouldn´t be so surprised if he actually was the same age in the show. Has the actor been any active at all since then? I haven´t seen him in anything since Home and Away

Donald Fisher has been put forward by fans as returning as principal in future episodes but he retired completely from schooling in 2007 after a short return. He retired in 2003 officially but in 2015 he is 70 next month and I doubt he would cope as principal today, he was struggling to adapt with the times in 2007. In the 1980s and 1990s Don was good and coped well, he was still quite a young man when H&A begun.

Donald Fisher has been put forward by fans as returning as principal in future episodes but he retired completely from schooling in 2007 after a short return. He retired in 2003 officially but in 2015 he is 70 next month and I doubt he would cope as principal today, he was struggling to adapt with the times in 2007. In the 1980s and 1990s Don was good and coped well, he was still quite a young man when H&A begun.

It´s weird how 2007 felt so much more new modern than 2003 when he still teached. I guess it´s all the technology that came during these years, back when i went to school we didn´t have smartphones or ipads or even laptops (No laptop as i could see atleast) on our schools, it wasn´t even normal to bring phones with us and that´s only 10 years ago back when i went to child school so i understand how he felt it wasn´t the same teaching. He was used to people doing things the old way, writing down things on paper and teaching the old way, but now people would use laptops on all kind of schools and google things and sit on their phones. I miss the old days ):

Archived