Left Behind (by Jen) - comments

Welcome back to the world of fic writing. I enjoy your stories very much. I'm glad to see that this story will be longer than your normal ones. I only say that because I get to enjoy your unique style of writing for longer this time. :)

Anyway I get the feeling that there is more than meets the eye with these headaches that Dexter is having. I also think that this story won't be a happy one there's quite a dark undertone to it. Steph's quote that we will all die sometime has me wondering :(

Look forward to more.

Thank you for the welcome back Kristen, RR1, Sarah and Pembie :). Yes, pembie, it definitely is more angsty than I've probably written before, but I have literally been sitting on this for over a year or something crazy, with just bits and pieces of scenes before I could figure out a way to put it together. I'm terrified it's terrible, though.

• Like 1

Dexter's problem is most definitely something more serious than a few bad headaches. I'm almost scared to keep on reading to, see where this story ends up. Noooooo not really :lol: This story is good. Hopefully though when the time comes for when his illness takes a full on hold Dex won't have Steph looking after him seeing as she's rubbish nurse. Also can't see her giving him the best bed side manner after he rejected her sex offer. :D

Update again soon Jen

Thank you for reading, Sarah & Kristen. I'm pretty much sticking to weekly Sunday updates for chapters. Because I'm horrible or want to keep up the suspense? Who knows?

RR1, I'm not above using All The Tropes. ie. ignore and hope it will go away. This also applies, to a certain extent, to real life. Although, I'm like, the opposite of a procrastinator.

I'm a sucker for angst, pembie. The more I adore a character, the more I want to inflict pain and suffering on them through my own fictional writings. What is wrong with me? And as much as I hated Steph, she was an important stepping stone, so y'know, I had to include her. She also is completely different to Dex and April which is an important contrast. Thanks for the comment!

• Like 1