Complications We Didn't See Coming

Melbelle94

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the reviews girls :)

Chapter Nine: Moving Back & Date Night

Charlie stood over the stove staring down at the eggs that were cooking in the pan. Her mind wandered to the events of last night. All the worrying over the past week hand been for nothing, Cheryl had loved her. Hearing the sizzling sound she glanced down at the pan, cooking wasn’t her most apparent skill but she wanted to do something sweet for Brax as a thank-you for being so great with the girls and for inviting them all to a family dinner.

“Brax!” Charlie squealed as Brax’s arms snaked around her waist.

“Are you trying to cook?” Brax asked cheekily as his hand brushed her bare thigh, she was only wearing a blue oversized t-shirt. Charlie took a deep breath.

“What do you mean, trying to cook?” She breathed out.

Brax grinned, resting his chin on her shoulder, his warm breath tickling her neck. “Babe”

Charlie sighed. “Fine”

Brax chuckled. “Ruby and Nicole told me that you always try to burn the house down”

“They told you that?” Charlie asked. “I’m not that bad!” Seeing the look on Brax’s face, she sighed. “Fine, maybe I am that bad”

“See there, you’re burning the eggs.” Brax pointed out.

Charlie glanced down at the pan, groaning when she saw the blackness starting to take over the yellow scrambled eggs. “Just great” Charlie moaned.

“Oh no. Nic, can you smell that? Mum’s cooking again” Ruby’s voice floated down at the hallway.

Charlie rolled her eyes as she dumped the pan in the sink, turning on the water. Brax chuckled at the sound of Ruby’s; the young girl had no faith.

“Did you let her in the kitchen? It’s your job to keep her out on Saturday’s!”

Brax buried his face in Charlie’s shoulder as he tried to suppress a grin. “Your girls!”

Charlie groaned as she grabbed onto Brax’s hand that was making the way up her leg. “Stop! We can’t”

Brax exhaled. “I know”

“Mum. Mum. What are you doing in the kitchen? Are you trying to cook breakfast?” Nicole asked as she walked into the kitchen rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

Ruby’s placed her hands on her hips. “Mum, step away from the stove. You’ll hurt the eggs”

Nicole giggled. “Uh Rubes, mum already killed them”

“Oh no! What are we going to have for breakfast? We are going to die of hunger” Ruby moaned as she grabbed a hold of her stomach.

Charlie rolled her eyes. “So dramatic, Rubes”

Ruby crossed her arms. “What are we meant to have for breakfast?”

Nicole looked up at Brax. “Can you make us breakfast? You won’t kill it like mum will”

“Hey!” Charlie exclaimed looking at her girls. “I can cook”

Nicole shook her head. “Remember the time you tried to bake a cake for Ruby’s birthday”

Ruby giggled loudly. “It was so hard…I think I chipped my tooth”

Brax glanced at the girls, ruffling Ruby’s hair with his free hand as Charlie pouted within his embrace. “Well that settles it. I’ll have to cook breakfast and then tonight you two are being babysat while I take mum on a date”

^..^

Brax knocked on Bianca’s door for the third time as no one had answered. He knew she was home as it was a Monday afternoon. He’d spent the day trying to find someone to watch Charlie’s girls for the evening but yet no luck could be spared, everyone seemed rather busy for a Monday night.

Exhaling Brax looked at the door, figuring no one was going to answer he turned to walk away.

“What?”

Brax turned back to see a grumpy tired looking guy standing in the doorway, he’d reefed it open so that it swung back into the wall. “Uh, is Bianca Scott home? I’m not sure I have the right house”

“You do. What do you want?”

Brax raised an eyebrow. “I want to speak to Bianca. Who are you?”

“Liam” Liam grunted out his name. “What do you want Bianca for?”

“I would like to know if she’d look after Charlie’s girls tonight”

Liam rolled his eyes. “Babe. Some guy wants to know if you wanna look after Charlie’s girls tonight”

Bianca came into Brax’s view looking flustered yet she smiled. “Hey Brax, what time do you need to drop them off?”

Brax glanced at Liam who glared at Bianca before disappearing into the house. “Everything alright? He didn’t look happy”

Bianca nodded. “Everything is fine. He just didn’t sleep well last night”

Brax looked wary yet he nodded. “Are you sure you can look after the girls? I don’t want to impose”

Bianca waved her hand. “You won’t be”

“You sure? Is six alright?”

Bianca nodded. “Yeah, that is fine. I’ll see you at six” Bianca went to close the door but Brax placed his hand on it stopping her.

“You sure everything is okay?” He asked once again, his eye pouring into hers as if waiting for her to say no.

Bianca giggled as she tried to hide her nerves. “Yes. Yes, everything is fine. Have a nice day, Brax. I will see you tonight”

As he walked away from Bianca’s house Brax couldn’t help but feel as though something didn’t seem right. There was something off about Liam; Charlie had openly been voicing her dislike for him since they’d met.

The phone in his pocket started ringing causing the thoughts to be pushed aside as he reached into his jeans and pulled it out, placing it to his ear without looking.

“Yeah?”

“Brax, it’s Heath”

Brax scratched his head as he jumped into the front seat of his ute, slamming the door shut behind him. “Hey mate, what’s up?”

Heath sighed. “Uh, well, geez. Brax, I’m coming home. I think”

Brax dropped the keys that were in his hand onto the floor of his car. “What? What did you say?” Brax questioned loudly as he placed his hand on the ground, fumbling for the keys.

“I said I might be becoming home”

“Why?” Brax frowned, it didn’t sound like the Heath had spoken to a few weeks ago. “What happened, Heath? Are you in some kind of trouble? On the run from the cops”

Heath groaned. “No you big idiot! I’m single”

Brax rubbed his forehead in confusion. “What are you talking about?”

“I am single. Tegan left. It’s just Darce and I now. I thought I would come home”

“Tegan left?” Brax shouted, that stunned him. Tegan had never seemed like to the type to just leave her child.

“Geez dude. Are you trying to deafen me?”

Brax shook his head. “Forget it. Just get in the car and get home. We’ll talk when you get here” Brax hung up the phone and threw it onto the passenger seat. Leaning forward he rested his head on the steering wheel. If Heath was indeed coming home then he knew things were about to become a whole lot more complicated. He didn’t know how much longer his younger brother would be able to keep the secret within him. He had never been one for deceiving his own flesh and blood.

He knew Heath cared for Casey, loved him even though he didn’t voice it enough which meant it was only a matter of time before Heath revealed the truth.

^..^

Bianca leaned against the bathroom sink rinsing her mouth with water, the laughter from the living room filling her ear as she stared into the mirror. Her face seemed so pale, her eyes having lost all spark as she thought of the last few moments. It didn’t seem possible that it would have happened, that it could have happened.

Bianca thought she had been careful at sneaking the pills, that she’d kept them hidden enough that Liam hadn’t noticed. Yet here she was feeling disgusting, feeling like something wasn’t right.

The door creaked open, startling her to look up. Her eyes met those of Liam’s who stood grinning sadistically, a brown paper bag in his hands.

“Something the matter babe?”

Bianca cringed at the sound of fake cheerfulness in his voice. “Not feeling well” Bianca murmured in response as she rinsed her mouth out.

Liam grinned. “I know”

Bianca didn’t bother to ask what he meant, she just ignored him as she turned to dry her hands on the towel. The brown paper bag suddenly landing on the floor at her feet, the contents spilling out to reveal the one things she had been dreading. “I don’t need…”

“Yes you do” Liam snapped. “Pick it up”

Bianca bent down and swiped the box up, her hand shaking fearfully. “It’s not possible”

Liam chuckled darkly. “You thought you could hide the pill from me” Bianca stepped back against the toilet as Liam stepped towards her. “I switched the tablets with sugar lollies. You never knew the difference” He stood so close that Bianca could smell the alcohol, her body shaking with fear. “Take the damn test. You had better hope for your sake and little April’s that it comes back positive”

Bianca clutched the box tightly. “Liam I…” Bianca placed a hand on her cheek, the pain immediately flaring as Liam made contact with the already sore area.

“Do as your ****ing told. Take the damn test”

^..^

Charlie giggled as she tightened her grip on Brax’s hand; the blindfold covering her eyes forced her to place her trust within him. The wood creaked beneath the weight between the two of them, yet it gave no indication to where she was. The warm breeze brushed against her skin, the smell of the ocean invading her body.

“Brax!” Charlie shrieked as her hands few around Brax’s shoulders.

Brax chuckled as he held her against his chest bridal style. “Trust me” Brax whispered against her cheek, placing a light kiss in the spot his lips brushed.

Charlie felt the ground beneath her feet as he placed her down, the wood gone and replaced by a soft blanket. “Brax, can I peak now?” She whined, feeling Brax’s chest vibrating with laughter against her back. “Braaaaax!”

“Patience” Brax muttered as he turned her towards the left. “Okay” He lifted the blindfold from her eyes.

Charlie gasped loudly, her hand immediately reaching up to cup her mouth as she looked at the scene in front of her. “Oh my god” They were on the Blaxland, the undercover bit had been completely cleared and in its place was a large fluffy blue blanket, pillows and cushions of all sizes sat propped up for her to lean against. The middle of the blanket had a picnic basket with the lid cracked a peak, there was a few plates of food surrounding it with a bottle of wine and two glasses in the middle.

“What do you think?” Brax asked as he snaked his arms around her waist and pulled her back into him.

Charlie looked over at the candles sitting on the ledge at the back of the boat, the white lights dangling from the outside of the roofing beam, making the place feel cosy and warm. “I love it” Charlie held back the tears that were threatening to spill from her eyes, turning around in Brax’s arms. “For me?”

Brax chuckled. “Of course”

"You shouldn't have" Charlie murmured as she wrapped her arms around him.

Brax chucked as he looked at Charlie, her eyes had lit up like a Christmas tree. "You deserve it Charlie" Brax placed a kiss on her forehead before pulling away and taking her hand. “Come”

Charlie grinned as she allowed him to lead her towards the cushions. “It’s so beautiful” Charlie murmured as she sat down on the blanket, kicking her shoes off.

Brax grabbed the bottle of wine and glasses as he took a seat beside her. “Only the best for you” Brax held out a glass to her. “Tonight is all about you”

Charlie smiled as she took the glass. “I like the sound of that. I really do”

Brax laughed as Charlie waved her hands around. “And then Ruby thought it would be a good idea to dive off the couch into the plastic pool filled with tinned spaghetti. You will never know what it was like to come home to it splattered all over the lounge room”

Brax fell back against the cushions shaking with laughter. “Oh god! That kid brightens my day” He wiped his eyes of the tears that were threatening to fall from laughter.

Charlie giggled. “She is a lively one. That only just beat the time her and Nicole decided to fill the bath tub with chocolate milk and ice-cream in attempt to make some kind of milkshake. I scared them when I came home from work and they both went head first into the bath”

Brax shook his head. “Crazy little girls. Guess they get it from you”

Charlie smiled. “I wish. I can actually thank Roman for Nicole’s craziness and I blame Ruby’s on her father, whoever he may be”

Brax propped himself up onto his elbow, leaning into the cushions as he looked down at her. Charlie was lying on her stomach kicking her feet freely in the air. “Will you tell me about him?”

Charlie looked up confused. “Who?”

“Roman”

“Oh” Charlie swallowed her mouth full of cherry, licking her lips as she looked up at Brax. “What do you want to know? I met him when I was pregnant with Ruby; Nicole was a few months old. He left of Nicole’s second birthday, walked out the door while she sat at the table staring after him”

Brax smiled sadly, his right fist clenching at the thought of her hurting of Nicole hurting. "Charlie I'm sorry, that must've been rough on the both of ya"

Charlie nodded. “It was. She was always asking for ‘Daddy’, crying for him. I felt so useless, nothing I could do would cheer her up” Charlie exhaled. “Then one day she didn’t ask anymore”

Brax reached out to brush his fingertips down Charlie’s cheek. “Did you ever hear from him again?”

“Unfortunately” Charlie nodded. “He’s never seen her again but he calls once a year, and sends a birthday card in the mail. Nicole tears the cards up and sometimes refuses to talk to him for more than a minute when he calls. She now refers to him as Roman” Charlie sighed.

“You’ve done a wonderful job, babe. You are all she needs. All Rubes needs as well” Brax promised as he kissed her forehead.

Charlie looked up, their eyes meeting, lips inches apart. “Make me forget, please, for tonight anyway”

Brax arched an eyebrow. “Here?”

Charlie nodded. “Please” She picked up the blindfold that had been discarded on the floor. “This could come in handy” She flung it at him hitting him in the chest.

Brax glanced down. “Mmm, a blind fold” Brax picked up the piece of material, crooking his finger at Charlie.

Charlie wriggled over to him, kneeling up just in front of his face as he was still lying propped up on the pillows. “I love you. Thank-you for everything, Brax”

Brax smiled as he slipped the blindfold over her eyes. “I love you, Charlie. Thank-you for coming into my life” His lips touched hers in a heavy kiss. “Lie down for me, baby. I need to feel your body” Brax whispered against her lips as he grabbed the bottom over her earthy green dress, bunching it in his hands as he pulled it up over her head leaving her in nothing but her lacy white underwear. “Just for me” Brax stated smugly as he pinched the side of her panties.

Charlie giggled. “No. Didn’t I tell you about my secret boyfriend? They’re for him”

Brax leaned down placing a kiss to her collar bone, his teeth just grazing over, he felt Charlie shiver beneath his body. “Sassing me?”

“As always” Charlie laughed. “I need you”

Brax grinned. “I need you”

“I’m yours, please, just…”

Brax cut off Charlie’s rambling with a bruising kiss, pulling back moments later for a needy breath. “I love you. I’m yours forever. It’s a two way street”

“Take me now please” Charlie moaned as she felt her underwear being pushed down to her ankles.

Brax chuckled. “Beg me for it”

Charlie whimpered with need. “Please Brax. Please baby. I need you. I need you inside me” Charlie moaned as she felt Brax enter her.

Brax leaned down and placed a kiss to her forehead. “Better?”

Charlie moaned. “Hmmm. God Brax. I love you!”

^..^

Well, what are your thoughts? Read & Review?! Please

• 2 weeks later...

Thank-you for the reviews!

I hope you like this story, please let me know if you feel the chapters are to long. :)

Chapter Ten: Pregnant, Houses & Moving in?

Bianca’s hands shook nervously as she sat in the waiting room at the doctor’s clinic; she kept rubbing her hands along her beige pants. For three weeks she’d been stressing over this appointment, delaying it so she didn’t have to think about what was happening. It would have been delayed yet again if Liam hadn’t threatened her into going, the choice was clear. Appointment or Punishment for failing to attend.

“Miss Bianca Scott?”

Bianca looked up at the sound of her name, a man standing before her with a clipboard. The nerves within her body rushing to the front. She didn’t know if she could do this. Not again.

“Miss Scott?”

Bianca nervously rose to her feet, her hands shaking in front of her as she gripped the bottom of her sweater. “Uh, yes”

“I’m Doctor Nate Cooper. Right this way please” Bianca followed him nervously down the hall into a white room. “Please take a seat on the bed. I am correct in saying you’re here to find out how far along you are?”

Bianca sat on the edge of the bed staring blankly at Nate who took a seat at the machine in front of her. “Yes”

Nate nodded. “Okay. Why don’t you lie down, Miss Scott and pull your shirt up a little”

Bianca lied down on the bed as instructed, pulling her shirt up her body a little. “Call me Bianca”

Nate smiled as he turned the machine on. “I’m just going to ask you a couple of routine questions to make sure our information is correct” Bianca nodded. “You’re twenty five?”

“Yes”

Nate nodded. “Do you have any children?”

“One daughter. April. She is ten” Bianca’s heart clenched at the thought of April, her daughter was going to be so upset that there was a baby on the way. It was going to make it harder to leave Liam; it was going to make it difficult when all the money would be thrust into providing for the new baby.

“Is this a planned pregnancy?”

Bianca bit her bottom lip as she turned to Nate. “Uh, we were talking about kids but this just happened” Bianca murmured sticking as close to the truth as possible. They had been talking about it but Bianca had never wanted kids with Liam.

“Okay” Nate said as he picked up the gel. “Now this will be cold” He warned as he placed the drop of the gel onto Bianca’s stomach causing her to shiver especially as he moved it around with the transducer, spreading it across the width of her stomach.

Bianca stared at the screen as the picture of the inside of her belly popped up onto the machine, her hands clutched the bottom of her sweater in a vice grip. It seemed so surreal to be staring at what would be the image of her baby.

“Here is the baby” Nate pointed to a small peanut like shape on the screen. “I would say by the measurements that you are roughly five weeks. We’ll do a blood test to confirm the dates”

Bianca held her breath. Five weeks. It was confirmed on the screen, the baby inside her was there. Bianca wasn’t sure what she was going to do. She didn’t think it was possible to raise another child that she hadn’t planned.

^..^

Brax looked around the three bedroom home, his mother stood beside him with a hand placed across her chest. The look on Cheryl Braxton’s face was one of complete gratitude for her son, the money he had offered that she had finally accepted. The money was specifically to help her get a house in Summerbay so she could afford to provide a better life for Casey.

Cheryl glanced over, wiping the tears from her cheeks. “Darryl, I can’t thank-you enough. This means the world to me, mate”

Brax grinned as he wrapped his arm loosely around his mother and pulled her into his side. “You’re welcome mum, this is will be a good start for us all”

Cheryl nodded. “You also live two streets away from Charlie now”

Brax nodded, he didn’t particularly want to admit it to anyone but he had chosen the house they were currently standing in not because of the price but because it was the closet he could get to Charlie’s. He wanted to be near her and the girls; he wanted to be just a short walk away if they ever needed him.

Cheryl smiled. “Let me ask you a honest question Darryl, do you see a future with her?” Cheryl questioned, she loved Charlie and the girls, she could honestly see them becoming part of the family. Unlike the previous experience she had had with Tegan.

Brax shrugged. “Mum”

“What Darryl, it’s a fair enough question.” Cheryl said as she looked at her son awaiting an answer.

Brax exhaled as he rubbed the back of his neck. “Yeah maybe, but don’t you think it’s a bit early to be thinking about our future?” Brax questioned.

Cheryl shook her head. “Not if you have found the right one. Love is rare, Darryl. I know I will never find it again”

Brax grunted. “Dad wasn’t exactly the love of your life”

“He was at one point” Cheryl murmured. “Then I meet…” She paused when she saw Brax’s pained expression. The pain it would bring up to go over that topic once again wasn’t one she wanted to face. “The point is, you were in a relationship with Charlie a long time before it became public knowledge. If being with her is how you plan to spend your future then why not start the future now?”

Brax leaned against the bare bench, crossing his arms over his chest. “What if I scare her off which my forwardness?”

Cheryl laughed. “Since when have you ever been cautious of that? You’ve always gone after what you’ve wanted and Darryl…” Cheryl looked over at her son a clear warning on her face. “You will never find another like her”

“So you want me to ask her to marry me?”

“What?!” Cheryl exclaimed. “No. I want you to move in together. Take it slower than a proposal Darryl. Do you want to scare the young woman off?”

Brax shook his head in amusement. “Mum, you just told me to go after what I wanted”

“I know, but marriage can wait a few years”

Brax rolled his eyes. “Women!”

^..^

Brax stood over the dining room table humming as he lit the candles in the centre. The red table cloth was set precise with no creases, he’d got the good china out and the wine was chilling. As he drew the match away and blew it out he looked around the room to make sure everything was completely perfect.

Brax knew it was the right time for them to take the next step, a leap of faith by moving in together but he couldn’t shake the nerves about asking Charlie, he wasn’t sure she was ready to take the next step with him.

“Brax?”

Brax jump startled at the sound and turned around to see Ruby and Nicole standing by the hallway entrance in their pajamas, it was late and Charlie was only just finishing her night shift. “Hey, aren’t you two meant to be in bed? It’s nearly nine thirty”

Nicole raised her eyebrow. “What’s with the candles?”

“Are you going to ask Mum to move in with you?” Ruby asked as she bounced on her heels clearly ecstatic at the thought.

Brax shook his head, he had no idea how she knew about his plan. He hadn’t wanted to tell them incase Charlie wasn’t ready for them to take that leap. “I am but I’m not sure how your mum is going to feel about it yet”

Ruby grinned. “Mum will say yes”

Nicole nodded agreeing with her sister. “Definitely”

Brax placed the burnt match in the bin. “Well that’s for me and your mum to talk about. Back to bed”

“Can’t we stay up?” Ruby whined. “I want to see if she says yes”

Brax shook his head firmly. “No, you both have a big day tomorrow”

Nicole exhaled. “Will you tuck us in?”

“Can I sleep in Nic’s room, please Brax?” Ruby asked as she placed her hand in his to lead him towards the bedrooms.

Brax glanced down at Ruby and saw her looking up at him, her warm chocolate brown eyes staring at him with hope. Brax sighed knowing he would never be able to say no to those eyes. “If Nic wants you too”

Nicole nodded placing her hand in Brax’s free one. “I do”

Brax allowed himself to be pulled into the bedroom, Nicole letting her hand slip from his as she raced over and pulled the covers back slipping into bed and pattering the edge for Ruby. “Come on Rubes” Nicole called.

Ruby let go of Brax’s hand and climbed up into the bed pulling the cover over her and Nicole. “Brax, will you tell us a made up story?”

Brax chuckled, he had never told a story to anyone in his life, not even Casey when he was a baby, sure he’d read from a book but never had he made one up. “I’ve never done that before”

Nicole pointed to the chair. “Please” Her big crystal blue eyes shining at him.

Brax sighed, he caved in a single moment grabbing the white desk chair and pulling it over by the bed. “Okay, all tucked in?” Both girls nodded as they settled in the blankets pulled up to their chins, looking at him with inquisitive eyes. “Alright, so let’s give this a shot. Uh…” Brax scratched the side of his head. “Once upon a time there were two princesses…”

Ruby frowned. “Can I be a Queen, I want to be a Queen” Ruby interrupted.

Brax chuckled. “Sorry. Once upon a time there was a Queen and a Princess they lived in a rather large pink castle…”

Nicole scrunched up her nose. “Can the castle be blue?”

Brax looked over at her interruption. “Sorry. They lived in a rather large blue castle”

“Brax” Ruby whined. “You have to start again!”

Brax groaned. “Are you two just going to interrupt me?”

Both girls nodded. “Yes!”

“Well at least you’re honest” Brax muttered. “Once upon a time there was a Queen and a Princess they lived in a rather large blue castle…”

Charlie walked into the house frowning when she saw the burnt out candles on the table that was set nicely, dinner in a pan on the bench. The house was dark and silent, she had been called back at work and it was nearing on twelve.

The guilt immediately flowed through her body as she saw the effort Brax had gone through to create a nice meal, placing the two case files she had brought home onto the back of the couch Charlie set out to find Brax.

She placed her hand over her heart and smiled at the scene in front of her, Brax was leaning forward in Nicole’s desk chair his head rested on her bed snoring softly, both girls tucked in and Ruby’s hand on his head. She’d panicked that he’d had left her house only to find him in the sweetest place.

Walking up to him quietly Charlie placed a hand on his cheek. “Brax. Brax, baby, wake up” Charlie hummed softly as she stroked his cheek.

Brax’s eyes fluttered open. “Huh?”

Charlie smiled. “Hey, come to bed sleepyhead”

Brax frowned as he sat up properly, Charlie helping to remove Ruby’s hand. “What time is it?”

“A little after twelve” Charlie tugged on his hand pulling him out of the room and shutting the door. “I saw the dinner you cooked, I’m sorry I’m late”

Brax rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand. “Don’t worry about it, baby. Rough night at work?”

Charlie shrugged. “It was long. A couple of drunks. A couple just arrested for skinny dipping. You look like you’ve had a rough night” Charlie observed.

“You’re girls are hard nuts to crack, I tried to tell a simple story about to princesses and all I got was interruptions. Ruby wanted to be a Queen. Nicole wanted the castle blue. Ruby wanted a unicorn. Nicole wanted to have fairy powers. The list just went on”

Charlie laughed. “Poor baby. Can I make it better?” Charlie whispered as she kicked the door closed and walked over towards Brax who sat on the side of the bed, her hands made their way to unbutton her blue shirt.

Brax raised his eyebrow. “You’re going to make it better. Hmm, I suppose you should after all I cooked you a lovely dinner” Brax teased.

Charlie put her bottom lip out in a pout, slipping her shirt down her shoulders to reveal her lacy black bra. “I said I was sorry”

Brax smirked. “How sorry?”

Charlie sunk down to her knees in front of him, her hand reaching for his belt buckle pausing just millimeters away. Raising her blues eyes up to meet his green ones, she smiled seductively. “May I?”

Brax grinned to himself immediately knowing which game she wished to play. “Sure”

Charlie undid the belt buckle and then reached for the zipper. “So I was thinking…”

“Hmmm” Brax moaned as he leaned back on his hands for support.

“Why don’t you move in with me?”

Brax cracked an eye open so he could look down at her, Charlie’s eyes weren’t focused on him they were instead occupied elsewhere, a wide mischief smile played on her lips. “What was that, baby?”

Charlie blushed, she loved how he could make her feel so unsure but so loved, no one had been able to do that. “Move in with me?”

Brax chuckled. “Louder Charlie”

Charlie used her tongue to gently flick his head, causing a groan to escape his lips. “I said, move in with me?”

Brax grinned as her eyes rose to meet his. “Funny thing is, I was going to ask you over dinner if I could move in. Of course baby, I want nothing more than to wake up to you every morning”

Charlie smiled, her hands gently stroking. “Good because you’re on dishes duty”

Brax laughed. “Really now?”

Charlie nodded. “Yup”

Brax glanced down at his ****. “Right, I’ll do the dishes for you and any other chores but right now you have a duty to fulfill” Brax smirked.

“Really now?”

Brax nodded. “Yup” Brax moved his right hand forward and gently pulled her hair from her bun. “I love you”

Charlie grinned. “I love you too” Charlie winked, moaning as she felt Brax’s mouth on hers, his kiss bruising, fingers lacing gently through her hair in a firm grip. “Braaaaaax”

Brax pulled back using his hand to guide her face. “I hope every night is like this”

Charlie giggled. “In your dreams” Charlie whispered as she took him into her mouth, Brax groaning in pleasure.

^..^

Well, what are your thoughts? Read & Review?! Please

Next chapter we have to do a small time skip just one month in the future! Don’t worry this won’t be a major ordeal. But you do want Heath to make his entrance right? I have plans for Chax next chapter.

• 1 month later...

Thankyou. :) Sorry it has been so long since I updated but enjoy this!

Chapter Eleven: One Month Forward.

Charlie moaned as she felt the fingers gently rubbing the inside of her thigh stirring her from sleep. The long, sooth fingers run back and forth over her thigh, making their way up to her centre before back down to her knee. Charlie would know that hand anywhere; it had awoken her every morning for the past month though no always in the same way.

Charlie hissed through her clenched teeth feeling the fingers brushing over her core, her hands gripped the bed sheets in anticipation through she refused to open her eyes.

“Braaaax!”

Brax placed a kiss on her temple. “Shh, baby”

Charlie arched her back in what yet Brax withdraw his hand. “Brax!” Charlie whined.

Brax chuckled, his lips hovering by her ear, his warm breath tickling her neck. “Stay still and I’ll give you exactly what you’re craving”

“So unfair” Charlie groaned as she laid back down, Brax’s hand immediately making its way back to her centre.

Brax leaned down trailing kisses from her neck to her breasts, pushing his shirt that she was wearing to the side slightly. “Isn’t it a wonderful morning?” Brax teased lightly using his fingers to bring to the edge, pumping slowly.

Charlie released her bottom lip that she had been biting. “It would be if you quit teasing me”

“Mum! Mum! Mum!”

“Brax! Brax! Brax!”

Charlie sat up quickly, Brax withdrawing his fingers from within her. “Really?” Charlie groaned, the girls fists banging on the door. She swung her legs out of bed looking for her shorts, which she couldn’t see, her eyes drifted over to Brax as he walked towards the door, her shorts hanging in her right hand. “Brax” Charlie hissed. “Give me those”

Brax glanced over his shoulder with a cocky grin, his eyebrow raised playfully. “What that an order, my little vixen?”

Charlie nodded. “Yes. Give them to me now” Charlie motioned to her shorts.

Brax shrugged his right shoulder casually. “No. No, I’ll think I will keep them” Opening the door a crack he looked down at the two girls standing in the door way. “Something you do ladies need?”

Nicole smiled. “Breakfast? I want your pancakes, please?” Nicole’s eyes widened hopefully.

Ruby stood beside Nic with her hands clasp together. “With sprinkles?”

Brax raised his right arm behind the half closed door as Charlie reached for her shorts. “Give them to me. How come you can be dressed?” Charlie glared at him.

Brax chuckled at the sight of Charlie jumping to reach her shorts, his t-shirt riding up over her bottom, exposing her naked ass. Glancing back at the two young girls he noticed their crossed arms and raised eyebrows. “What?” Brax asked innocently.

Nicole exhaled. “Will you make us breakfast?”

Brax nodded. “Sure”

Nicole highfived Ruby. “Yes!”

“But…” Both girls looked at Brax with concerned expressions, Brax smiled. “You both need to make your beds, set the table and give me twenty more minutes. I need to have a shower. I sink” Brax grinned as he waved his hand in the air as if to wave away the smell.

Ruby covered her nose. “Eww Brax, have a shower” Ruby demanded.

“Where’s mum?” Nicole piped up, looking curiously.

Brax glanced behind the door to see Charlie standing with her arms crossed, her nose scrunched up as she glared at him. “Your mother is in the bathroom. I’ll be out in twenty minutes”

Ruby nodded seriously. “Okay. Make sure you use a whole bar of the soap”

Brax shut the door as the girls turned away looking slightly offended. “Did your daughter just insult me?”

Charlie nodded. “Serves you right. Give them to me” Charlie demanded, jumping up to reach her shorts. “Brax!”

Brax chuckled, his right hand waving the shorts above her head. “Hop on the bed”

Charlie raised her eyebrow definitely. “No!”

Brax smiled. “Come on, baby. Do you want me to finish what I started?”

Charlie pouted, her bottom lip sticking out. She did want him to finish, the last two mornings they had been interrupted by the girls and Brax had worked til close both other nights. “Braaax”

Brax just titled his head towards the bed. “Don’t you want me to satisfy you?”

“You’re an asshole” Charlie muttered as she moved past him, cheekily grinning as she managed to swipe the shorts from his hand that had been lowered. “Hmm, does this mean I win?”

Brax just grinned, turning to lean his back against the door, shrugging. “Sure. Does that mean you’re pleasuring yourself while I shower? That works” Brax pushed off the door and went to head towards the shower.

Charlie looked at him, her eyes squinting unable to decipher whether he was joking or not. “I think I might join you” She finally decided.

Brax raised his eyebrow, opening the door slightly. “What was that?”

Charlie rolled her eyes. “You want to play the game?”

“Well we don’t always play it on your terms, Charlotte” Brax teased.

Charlie smiled, leaning up so their lips were inches apart, bodies pressed flush against each other. “May I join you in the shower?” Charlie breathed, her lips spreading into a grin at the feeling of his hard manhood pressing against her thigh. “I think you want me too. Wait, make that. I think you need me too”

Brax reached down his hand resting lightly on the curve of her bottom. “I always need you. Get in the shower, my little vixen” Brax smacked Charlie’s ass causing her to squeal and hurry past him into the shower. “Let me ravish you, woman”

^..^

Charlie placed the mug of tea down in front of Bianca, the blond looked absolutely exhausted as she sat hunched over at the kitchen table in a pair of sweatpants and a hoddie which

Bianca would never have been caught dead wearing any other day. It made Charlie a little worried to see her friend looking so down, it wasn’t like Bianca.

“What’s wrong?” Charlie finally asked after staring at her best friend for what seemed like hours.

Bianca wrapped her arms around her mug. “I’m pregnant”

Charlie’s mouth dropped as little as she plopped down into her seat, her right hand sliding along the table. “Say what?” Charlie looked over at Bianca, the blondes face was filled with absolutely uncertainty. “When did you find out?”

Bianca took a sip of her tea before placing it down. “Four weeks ago”

Charlie shook her head; she didn’t understand why Bianca hadn’t told her sooner. “Why didn’t you tell me, Bi? I didn’t think you wanted children with Liam”

Bianca sighed. “Because I knew you would judge me. I don’t want children with Liam, this is a mistake. How did I end up here, Charlie? Pregnant again”

Charlie reached over and grabbed Bianca’s hand, she didn’t want to be the judgemental friend but she didn’t know what to think about the situation. She hated Liam, she wasn’t afraid to admit that. Her hopes had been that one day Liam and Bianca would break up, that she would have the sense to leave him. “Bi, I am not judging you”

Bianca squinted. “You are, I can see it in your eyes, Charlie”

“I’m sorry. It’s just a shock. How far along are you?”

Bianca pushed her tea into the centre of the table clearly not liking the conversation or the way the tea was making her feel. “I’m nine weeks”

“Nine weeks” Charlie paused, chewing on her bottom lip as though she hated the thought that was coming into her mouth but felt like it had to be spoken. “Bi, you are still in the early stages. You could…babe you have options”

Bianca looked slightly horrified, she could only imagine would Liam would do to her if she had an abortion. He wanted the baby because he knew it would not only bring good publicity for him but it would also make sure it was a hell of a lot harder for her to leave. “Liam wants this baby” Bianca exhaled.

Charlie rubbed her forehead. “Is this baby what you want, Bi?”

Bianca sighed; she couldn’t go into the details with Charlie right now. How could she even begin to explain the situation to her? “Where are the girls and Brax?”

Charlie sighed at her friends attempt but let it slide for now knowing Bianca would come to her with time. “Picking Brax’s brother up from the airport”

^..^

Ruby looked through the gap in-between the two front seats, her head resting on her hands. “What’s his name again?”

Brax looked down at her as he placed the car into park. “Heath” Brax clarified for what seemed to be the hundredth time that day.

He was pleased to have Nicole and Ruby with him but they had non-stopped asked questions the whole way to the airport therefore giving him a headache. He was rather impatient just to see his brother; it had been a while indeed. It shocked Brax that it had taken him this long to come home.

Nicole took her seatbelt off and knelt up peaking over the headrest. “How old is Darcy?”

“Three” Brax told her before pointing to the backseat. “Both of you strap yourselves in, we are only going to be here a moment”

Nicole rolled her eyes. “Haven’t you ever been to an airport, Brax? No one is ever out quickly”

Brax laughed at her tone of voice. “Well young lady, you have clearly never met Heath. Sit back in your seats” Brax instructed.

Both girls sighed. “Party pooper” Ruby muttered.

Brax smirked at her through the rear-view mirror. “What was that, Rubes?”

“Nothing Brax” Ruby murmured as the back door swung open. “Oh my god! You almost gave me a heart attack!” Ruby squealed dramatically, placing her hand over her chest, her whole body falling against the middle seat.

Heath cracked a grin. “Where’d you pick this one up Brax? I like her” Heath chuckled as he placed Darcy into the booster seat Brax had asked Charlie to install earlier that day. “Say hi to Uncle Brax, Darcy”

Darcy clutched her barbie tight looking over at the Brax. “Hi Uncle!”

Brax smiled at the cuteness of the three year old, she was the most adorable little girl. “Hi Darce” He turned to Heath who jumped into the front seat. “Bro. Long time” He reached over shook Heath’s hand.

“Mate” Heath nodded. “Who are the little ladies?”

Nicole raised her eyebrow. “I am hardly little, Heath Braxton!”

Heath glanced at Brax. “A little firecracker. I like her as well. Is their mother like this?”

Brax chuckled, he didn’t know how well Charlie and Heath would get on once he found out she was a cop but he hoped they would at least attempt for his sake. “Yeah, but she’s mine mate” Brax started up the car. “The blonde is Nicole. The brunette is Ruby”

“Hey Nicole. Hey Ruby” Heath grinned.

Darcy glanced up to look at Heath. “Do you wanna play barbies Uncle Brax?” Darcy asked. “I have this many” Darcy held up her whole hand.

“She has five, Brax” Ruby told him.

Brax glanced into the mirror to meet his nieces’ eyes. “I’m not a very good barbie player, I have to drive. I’m sure Nicole and Ruby would love to play”

Ruby nodded. “I’ll play, can I be that one?”

Darcy glanced down at her blonde barbie. “No. That’s ones like my mummy. You can be dat one” Darcy handed her a brunette barbie. “It has hair like you”

Brax glanced over at Heath, the younger brother leaning his head back against the chair. “It’s good to have you home mate”

Heath exhaled. “Yeah, it’s good to be back. I’ve missed the free food at Angelo’s”

^..^

Brax was lying on the couch flicking through tv channels, he’d dropped Heath and Darcy off at the bench making him promise that he would be round for dinner so that they could work out how to tackle their mother. Brax knew that Cheryl would most likely be an emotional wreck once she knew Heath was back in Summerbay and he wanted to get a handle on the situation before she heard about it through someone else, namely Colleen.

Brax looked up started as Ruby and Nicole jumped over the back of the couch onto him, the pillows in their hands cushioning the blow.

“Get him Nic!” Ruby exclaimed, her pillow hitting him in the head. “You have to hold him down!”

Charlie giggled as she watched the girls try and pin Brax down on the couch, she knew that he could easily throw them off but she couldn’t help the wide smile that crept across her face at his willingness to stay and allow them to have their fun. “Girls, make sure you hit him extra hard for me”

Ruby nodded seriously. “Okay mum!” Her pillow crashed down on Brax’s leg.

Brax shook his head in amusement. “Alright that’s it. Who am I getting first?” Brax asked.

Nicole squealed as he sat up causing her to bounce and nearly topple onto the ground from her spot on his thighs yet he caught her. “No Brax! Not me!” Nicole shrieked. “It was all mums’ idea! It was mums!” Nicole shouted, her laughter uncontrollable as Brax tickled her sides. “No. No. No. Not meeeeeeee!” Nic squealed.

“Oh it was all mums’ idea was it?” Brax glanced up with a playful glint in his eye.

Charlie blushed slightly under his gaze. “I don’t deny it. Get him Rubes!”

Ruby bashed Brax lightly over the head with her pillow. “Got ya!”

Brax smirked, standing up he dumped Nicole of the couch, she bounced and giggled as he ran after Ruby. “Come here, Rubes!”

Ruby shook her head, her pillow going up in front of her in defence. “It was mums fault!” Ruby squealed as Brax jumped forward. “Noooooooo!” Ruby sprinted into over to her mother hiding behind her legs, naturally putting Charlie in the firing line.

“Ruby!” Charlie laughed as she ducked out of the way, Brax’s arms wrapping around Ruby and lifting her over his shoulder. Charlie’s giggle becoming loud as she watched Brax tickle her daughters’ feet, Ruby hiccupping with laughter over his shoulder. “Oh my” Charlie murmured.

Brax looked over at his girlfriend; she was leaning against the wall for support as she laughed. “Don’t worry, your next baby” Brax winked.

^..^

“You stupid brat. Get out. Stay outside until you can learnt to behave your stupid self”

April sat on the sand, tears pouring down her cheeks as the words Liam had spoken to her flowed through her mind. She hated how he made her feel, he wasn’t a real daddy. Real dads didn’t make their little girls go outside alone because they deemed them naughty brats.

“Daddy. I want to build a sea shell. Please daddy?”

April glanced up at the sound of a little voice, her bottom lip sticking out in distress as she saw a muscular man heading down the beach with a little girl on his shoulders. The little girl was giggling loudly as he bobbed down and then stood up straight again.

“Daaaaaaaaddy!”

April hurried to wipe her tears away seeing that they were coming closer. She knew Liam wouldn’t like it if people saw her crying, she knew she wasn’t allowed to cry in public. It was wrong to cry in front of other people.

“Uh oh”

April glanced down as a barbie doll landed beside her, her hand reached out and hovered over it, picking it up she looked up at the man hesitantly. “Uh, here” April her breath as she went to pass the barbie to the little girl as the man lifted her down from his shoulders.

“Thanks. I’m Darcy. What’s your name? I’m gonna build the bestest sea shell ever”

April blinked as the man beside Darcy laughed, he didn’t scold her for talking fast or for talking at all. Liam would have done that. He didn’t like it when she talked without being spoken to, he didn’t like chatter.

“What’s your name?” Darcy asked frowning. “You look sad”

April bit her bottom lip, Liam had told her not to talk to strangers when she was little but Darcy was just a little girl, she didn’t know if it mattered. “April”

Darcy grinned. “This is my daddy. He’s the bestest ever in the whole whole world” Darcy pulled on Heath’s hand. “Say hi daddy”

Heath grinned. “Okay sweetie” Heath turned to April. “Hi April. I’m Heath. Are you alright, sweetheart? Are you lost?”

April frowned, that wasn’t right. Dads weren’t meant to call their daughters nice names. She couldn’t help the sadness the swept over her again. She didn’t understand why Liam wasn’t this way. “I hate him!” April sobbed, dropping Darcy’s barbie that she had been clutching onto, her hands immediately covering her eyes as her body shook with cries.

Heath knelt down. “Shh. Shh. It’s okay. Shh, sweetheart” Heath soothed as he placed a hand on her shoulder, he frowned as she cringed away. He knew that action, it was so familiar. Dropping his hand he simply knelt beside her. “Shh, it’ll be okay, sweetie”

^..^

Brax lied down with a thump on the bed, after a month of tucking the girls in it still exhausted him every time. They were such lively characters, loud and exhausting but he couldn’t imagine his life without them in it. He’d come to love them as though they were his own and he was glad they loved him too, well he assumed they did as they hadn’t actually said the words.

Exhaling he propped himself up and rolled onto his back wondering where Charlie was, he swore she had come into the bedroom.

“Hey baby”

Brax glanced over to the bathroom door, his mouth dropping at the sight of Charlie standing in nothing but a back baby doll and a pair of matching back underwear, her hair was flowing down her back in loose girls, her bright blue eyes lined with eyeliner and mascara to really make then pop, her lips touched with lip-gloss. He immediately felt himself harden at the sight of her. “Damn baby. You look fine”

Charlie bit her bottom lip suggestively, she felt a little playful. “Do you like?”

Brax’s eyes widened. “Like? I love! Come over here”

Charlie grinned, moving towards the bed she jumped up and leaned over him. “Brax, I might have been a little bad”

Brax quirked his eyebrow, smirking at the look of innocence. “Doing what, babe?”

Charlie took his hand in hers and gently used it to brush over her centre. “You see?”

Brax smirked. “Oh I see” He flipped her over onto her back. “Let’s see what I can do about that” He moved down her body hooking his finger tips into her underwear drawing it down.

^..^

Comments?

Archived