Vinnie "VJ" Patterson Jnr - Felix Dean & Matt Little

Perry

All the actors playing the teens are older, most being in their twenties, VJ and Jet are suppose to be a year younger then Oscar, Evie and Spencer yet Jet looks way younger, but Will's a brilliant young actor. Its only been a few weeks and it doesn't help that VJ's got a storyline where he is acting out of character. Matt's doing well nothing wrong with his acting.

I would like to see a storyline where VJ meets Vinnie's father Ralph and bonds well with him only for Leah to be wary and warn him off which only makes VJ want to get closer.

Edited by Perry
  • Like 1

ok im a bit behind but im catching up on episodes and i have just seen the new VJ. My god who cast him. Nothing against the actor but compared to the other VJ he is huge. He towers over Leah and he is just so different to the other one. When he is with Jett he look like VJ'S younger friend.

When Leah tries to discipline him I keep thinking he is to old to be yelled at but he isnt. He just looks it. It just looks funny.

• Like 3

ok im a bit behind but im catching up on episodes and i have just seen the new VJ. My god who cast him. Nothing against the actor but compared to the other VJ he is huge. He towers over Leah and he is just so different to the other one. When he is with Jett he look like VJ'S younger friend.

When Leah tries to discipline him I keep thinking he is to old to be yelled at but he isnt. He just looks it. It just looks funny.

I really can't get used to the new VJ and don't think I ever will, most people grew up watching the old VJ and in some respects it feels like losing a younger brother. The casting i agree seems to be very wrong to me as you say he's massive now. Im guessing the main reason he was cast was due to the fact he's Dan Ewing's brother in law.

I so very hate the recast of VJ. He's just so out of place. He looks ridiculous next to Jett.

Felix Dean always did a brilliant job playing VJ. If I remember correctly they even named a character after Felix, Sasha's brother. Or was that a coincidence?

They should have just written him out, make him stay with Stella permanently. He was hardly around half the time anyway.

• Like 2

Not seeing him on screen, yet...

I was positive at casting a older person as VJ as the others teens are casted by older ones. But he still should have been younger than the others, lets say 18 to 20.

But the body shape is more important than the actor's actual age. I have seen pictures of him and asked myself "why on earth did they hire a huge muscle bunt as VJ"... ?

Because a smaller person, still around 20 wouldn't have been this ridicoulus. Just remember Rebecca Breeds as Ruby, she was 22 playing a 15 year old when she came in. Yes, she looked older in her face, but still was quite believable. Rebecca is a small girl, and she didn't look that weird besides Annie or Nicole who were played by younger actresses.

But they have probably meant VJ to be the next big thing, after the Braxtons, and that is also the reason why they casted someone related to Dan Ewing. But I think they should have waited a few years (2-3) to make VJ look like this, they could have casted someone smaller, but still older looking than Felix Dean, and then casted someone like Matt Little at a later point.

And the most important, the actor need to be able to show that he is young and vulnerable when they are portraying someone that young, with face expressions and behaviour (walk, talk), like for example Todd Lasance was able to show in Aden. As I haven't seen him I don't know if Matt Little has that ability, but have my doubts reading the comments around.

I think they should have concentrated on Leah's storylines instead and still have VJ as a support character, more like Jett, with a more suitable actor.Then we could have got a lot of joy with VJ for several years to come. Now he is most likely being written out when Matt Little leaves.

Edited by jodlebirger