Vinnie "VJ" Patterson Jnr - Felix Dean & Matt Little

Perry

This is honestly the worst casting in the history of the show.I thought maybe i'd get used to it but I don't see that happening seeing how ridiculous he looks next to Jett.He seems to have had a personality transplant to.I don't remember VJ throwing such a fit over one of Leah's relationships before.Talk about insulting the intelligence of your audience.You know it's bad when most of facebook are saying something similar lol.

Edited by ~Lynd~
  • Like 5

At this rate it looks as if Leah had him when she was extremely young. I wish they would make an effort to make a connection between VJ and Vinnie. Wouldif other characeters like Alf talked to him about his Dad. Wouldn't he be more curious. Also, there was a perfect opportunity about a year ago when a story with VJ and the junior triathlon.

She did have him quite young, 19 or 20.

No, she was 22 when she gave birth to VJ. Nearly 23. This new actor make its look like she was about 16.

He really does look like a 20-something year old, almost late 20's Imo Why can't they just age the characters gradually. If she's still around, in five years time they will want Leah to be a 'mother figure' to a teenager and potentially draft in some random kid when they could have just used VJ if they'd aged him realistically.

Late 20s? You're having a laugh! :o

Vinne probably won't get mentioned again. I think they will turn VJ into the new bad boy. Matt Little has signed to play VJ for the next two years

So basically when he leaves there won't be VJ on the show. They should've taken someone to play him part time like Felix used to. He was born in 2001, so he's supposed to be 13 (even though he is 15-16 now), so in two years he's supposed to be 15 - where can he go on his own at that age? Unless they kill him off. They've made Pippa terminally ill after all.

Yep didnt they age him around the time of Dans memorial? I think thats when Felix started playing him

At this rate it looks as if Leah had him when she was extremely young. I wish they would make an effort to make a connection between VJ and Vinnie. Wouldif other characeters like Alf talked to him about his Dad. Wouldn't he be more curious. Also, there was a perfect opportunity about a year ago when a story with VJ and the junior triathlon.

She did have him quite young, 19 or 20.

No, she was 22 when she gave birth to VJ. Nearly 23. This new actor make its look like she was about 16.

He really does look like a 20-something year old, almost late 20's Imo Why can't they just age the characters gradually. If she's still around, in five years time they will want Leah to be a 'mother figure' to a teenager and potentially draft in some random kid when they could have just used VJ if they'd aged him realistically.

I don't think he looks late 20s either but then again I would say he could more easily pass for someone in their last 20s as opposed someone in their mid teens. Having him as a 15 year old alongside Jett is utterly utterly ridiculous. He does seem like a good actor but role fit is a huge importance especially when recasting. I agree with most here - worst recasting decision in recent times. He looks his real age, early 20s as opposed to 6 years younger. He's fit better with Kyle, Phoebe, Chris etc then poor Jett.

Also it seems when they aged him they de-aged him maturity wise. He got older... but brattier. :wacko: Like Blaxland89 mentioned, glad they never went down this sorasing track with Kate Richie and Ryan Clark.

Edited by Pacer
  • Like 2

If Kate Ritchie and Ryan Clark were in it now as kids they would have never been given the chance to grow to the ages they did. I always think its very lazy script writing in the best of cases but this is just looks silly.

Completely agree with this. They have lost a potential classic character in getting rid of Felix, by replacing him with an actor that could very well decide to leave after 2 years. And why? Because Felix wasn't tall and muscular? Such a horrible, shallow show these days.

If Kate Ritchie and Ryan Clark were in it now as kids they would have never been given the chance to grow to the ages they did. I always think its very lazy script writing in the best of cases but this is just looks silly.

Completely agree with this. They have lost a potential classic character in getting rid of Felix, by replacing him with an actor that could very well decide to leave after 2 years. And why? Because Felix wasn't tall and muscular? Such a horrible, shallow show these days.

I think Felix departed, because he wanted to. And I think it is ok to recast a role like this, but they need to cast someone that isn't so different from the earlier actor to make it work.

I haven't seen the new VJ in action, but seen a lot of pictures of him. I really don't think he look like he is in the late 20's. He look around 20, but still he looks wrong for the role. And the rest of the teens look 20+

Even if he reminds me about Ryan Kwanten (the face) a bit, I think that he is a weird choice for VJ. The body shape and size is the biggest issue. Even if Ryan Kwanten weren't a small guy he wasn't this big. Why cast someone that big to be a teenager... around 15? Felix looked so much younger than he really was and make this casting more ridicoulus. And at the same time has the very thin and small Will to play Jett. it must looks really weird. I know Will is 16, but he looks 13... I think it would have been easier if Jett/Will wasn't around I suppose. I can already see images in my head how weird this must look.

I am not totally against to cast someone older than they are meant to be, but they need to do it carefully.

I do agree that this was a weird and wrong casting. But when we look at the casting of the teens and others, there are a lot of miscasts. Hannah is played by someone far too young (and young looking).

And I think that Matt is a miscast to, I really can't take this character seriously. Alec Snow looks (and acts -walk, talk) far too old to play a 16/17 year old. And having someone who looks young playing an adult character, and someone who looks at the same age playing a teen make the show harder to invest in.

The most horrible casting for me was t Luke Mitchell as Romeo a few years ago, when they put him with Annie and she was made to be the most mature there. That was the worst casting and mix of characters ever. If they cast older as teenagers they need to be consequent and also take the actors looks into the consideration.

With VJ it probably would have been better with a smaller and not a muscular man 18-22 year old than mr. Little. Someone like Charles Cottier (who is at the same age) wouldn't have made the change in VJ's so dramatic.

But all in all I think that the channel need to cast the roles more carefully. This messy casting, younger playing older - and older playing teens make the show very messy.

I agree that Matt Little looks too old to play VJ. He's supposed to be the same age as Jett and when we've seen them both together, he does look a fair bit older than Jett. It also doesn't help that it feels like they only cast Matt Little due to nepotism, with him being related to Dan Ewing. After having Steve Peacocke's girlfriend join the show, it does certainly feel like that's why they chose him.

I think he could pass for 26-28, absolutely. He has a mature face and the body of a man, not a teenager. I know there are exceptions, there was one kid in my school who could pass for early 30's and he was 18 - but VJ is supposed to be 15 (well, 13 really) and especially next to Jet he looks like an adult, not a boy.

Edited by alexx
  • Like 2