Insanity

Guest Melbelle94

Story Title: Insanity.

Type: M/L

Main Characters: Charlie, Brax, Ruby, Casey, Heath, Tamara, Kyle, Bianca, April and all the kids.

BTTB Rating: T

Genre: Hurt/Comfort, Family, Drama

Spoilers: No

Warnings: Sexual Content, Language.

Summary: It went from Chaos to Insanity, Charlie and Brax are together but will it last with the drama heading their way.. Sequel to "Chaos".

Authors Note: I do NOT own Home and Away! All credit to the writers.

Chapter One:

"Brax! Brax! Braaaaaax!" Charlie called loudly, Brax came rushing up the stairs, puffing as he expected to find something wrong but Charlie sat on the bed pouting, a pair of jeans next to her.

"What's wrong? Are you okay? Is it the babies?" Brax asked concerned.

"Is that all your worried about!" Charlie exclaimed. "Brax I can't fit into my pants!"

Brax sighed. "Is that it? I thought it was the babies!" He exclaimed before taking a deep breath. "Okay. How about we go out and get you some new clothes?"

"Are you calling me fat?" Charlie accused.

"No! No! Baby, you know that I think you're beautiful the way you are." Brax told her gently, leaning down to kiss her gently on the lips.

"How do you think the kids are going to react that we're having twins?" Charlie asked him fearfully.

"I think they'll freak out," Brax said honestly, taking one of Charlie's hands. "But I think they'll be happy, especially Mia. She won't be the youngest anymore." Four year old Mia had always complained about being the youngest and not being able to do things that her siblings were doing.

"I'm worried about how she's going to cope. I mean they think we are having a baby, not two. And Brax they are going to have your last name. How's Mia going to cope with that?" Charlie breathed heavily as she patted her belly.

"She'll be okay Charlz."

Charlie shook her head. "And Nicole?"

Brax rubbed a hand over his face. "Alright, alright. I see your point, but Nic will be okay, we love her, and she seems to be alright with the idea of a baby."

"Brax, how are we going to cope with two more babies? We are low on space as it is, the kids already share bedrooms. What if they are a girl and a boy? What then?" Charlie asked hysterically. "We can't reshuffle the kids around, they're already settled in their bedrooms."

"Look Charlie, Rubes and Nic are going off to uni pretty soon,that means that we will have the extra space. Everything will be fine, I promise."

"Nic and Rubes are my babies, they can't go off to Uni. I want them here with me" Charlie said as she burst into tears for third time that morning.

Brax nodded. "Okay, okay. They're not leaving." Brax said quickly trying to calm her.

"Kyle, Case and Tamara go to uni here, my girls can too. No one's leaving" Charlie cried.

Brax rolled his eyes as he pulled her into his arms, hormones was all her could think. "Okay baby, they're staying here."

A shriek could be heard as 11 year old Cassie flung their bedroom door open, grinning widely.

"Cassie." Brax warned but the young girl was fast.

"Nicole and Ruby aren't allowed to go to Uni!" Cassie sung as she sprinted down the hall.

"What is Cass talking about?" Ruby asked coming out of the room she shared with Casey.

"Brax. Mum's crazy!" Nicole whined, she knew what her mother was like when she was pregnant. "I mean I plan to go to uni here, it's a given but I'd like the choice...you know."

Brax sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Just humour your mum okay?"

"What's in it for me?" Nicole bargained.

"Knowing that your mum is going to be happy?" Brax asked. Nicole crossed her arms. "Ice cream tonight, just you and me?" Brax said in a low voice, so none of the kids could hear.

"Okay." Nicole said.

"Now, how about you go get all of the kids together, we're having a barbeque for lunch," Brax said. Nicole nodded before walking away, banging on bedroom doors. Brax smiled to himself before heading back into his and Charlie's room. Charlie was standing in front of the mirror, wearing a floral maternity dress.

"I'm so fat!" Charlie complained as she studied herself in the mirror. "Brax, I hate you!"

"Why?"

"For getting me pregnant with twins!" Charlie exclaimed hysterically.

Brax sighed. "Nicole is rounding up the kids, we're going to have a barbecue for lunch okay? We can tell the kids the news then, okay?"

^..^

"No" Sammie screeched as she Casey dragged her towards the pool. "Uncle Casssssey!"

"What do you say?"

"I give. I give. Uncle Case, sorry for tipping water over you while you were sleeping" Sammie shouted as she squirmed in his grasp.

"Dunk her Uncle Case" Jack shouted from the deck steps.

"Yeah Uncle, it was ice cold water." Jade taunted.

Emily giggled as she exited the house. "You think that's bad, did you see what they did to Uncle Heath last weekend when he stayed to watch us over night? Fifteen alarm clocks hidden in his room!"

Brax couldn't help but laugh as he walked outside, big bags of meat loaded in his arms. "Casey!' He called.

"What?" Casey asked as he set Sammie down on the ground and headed over to Brax.

"Where's Heath and Kyle?" Brax asked.

"Where do you think?" Casey asked with a raised eyebrow. "Kyle is with Tamara and Heath is with Bianca."

"Can you go track them down and go out and buy some bread and drinks and stuff for a barbie?"

"What's the occasion?" Casey asked.

"Charlie and I have some news, so can you?"

"Yeah, sure. Wanna chuck me some cash?"

Brax sighed and reached into his pocket, pulling out a fifty dollar note and handing it to Casey. "Don't take too long, okay?"

"Yes boss." Casey muttered under his breath as he walked away.

"I heard that!" Brax yelled after him.

^..^

"Oi Kyle!"

Kyle walked out of the office at Angelo's fixing his shirt.

"Damn Casey, Brax isn't with you is he?" Kyle asked frantically and Casey raised an eyebrow in amusement.

"No"

Kyle breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank god. Babe you can come out"

Tamara walked out of the office, pinning her hair back up, Casey burst out laughing at the scene in front of him.

"Brax woulda killed you if he found ya." Casey said Tamara shrugged.

"What's he gonna do? Ground us?" Tamara laughed and Kyle wrapped his arms around her waist.

"We can't get a private moment at home. Mia walked in last time and I spent a whole 2 hours talking her out of telling Brax. She thinks we were playing twister!"

"Too much information guys!" Casey told them.

"You won't tell, will you?" Tamara asked.

Casey laughed. "I won't tell."

"Thanks bro. What do you want anyway?"

"Brax wants us to go buy stuff for a barbecue, he said that he and Charlie have some news. Where's Heath?"

"Where do you think he is? Ever since Bianca gave birth, he hasn't left her side."

"I told Brax pretty much the same thing."

^..^

"Heeeeeathhhh, this is your boss. You're late for duty" Tamara called as she entered their house without knocking.

"Oi! Keep your voice down Tim Tam" Heath reprimanded as he walked out into the living room.

"Don't call me that!" Tamara huffed, Heath just smirked.

"Does it bother you, Tim Tam?" Heath teased.

"Do you want me to deck you, Braxton?" Tamara challenged and Heath smirked.

"Bring it on, Kingsley!" Heath challenged.

Bianca sighed as she exited the hallway. "Knock it off children. Heath you're a parent, grow up" Bianca told him as she placed Rocco on the ground. "What's up?"

"Well since you two never leave the house anymore we did what Brax asked." Case said and Heath tilted his head in confusion.

"He means shopping," Kyle said and Heath nodded. "But he wants you two at the house, it's like another family meeting"

"Gotta love those" Bianca said sarcastically and they shared a laugh. "Who's in trouble?"

"Tamara and Kyle" Casey snickered and Kyle elbowed him.

"Shut up idiot. If Brax finds out I'll kick your ass."

"Bring it bro."

Bianca smacked them both on the head. "Shut up. What is this meeting for?"

Casey rubbed his head. "Oww. Charlie and Brax have news"

"You deserved it, acting like 3 years olds." Bianca mumbled as she headed for the twins room.

"What happened to our cool sister in-law, you know the trouble making one?" Kyle called after her.

"She'll be plotting her revenge if you wake her children." Bianca called back, talking about herself in third person.

Heath looked back at his brothers. "Do you know what it is like living with two babies and a toddler?"

"Do you know what it is like living with Charlie and Brax's lot?" Kyle challenged.

Heath sighed, considering this. "Fine, you win."

^..^

Authors Note: Please Review! Let me know what you think.

"Brax! Brax! Braaaaaax!" Charlie called loudly, Brax came rushing up the stairs, puffing as he expected to find something wrong but Charlie sat on the bed pouting, a pair of jeans next to her.

"What's wrong? Are you okay? Is it the babies?" Brax asked concerned.

"Is that all your worried about!" Charlie exclaimed. "Brax I can't fit into my pants!"

Brax sighed. "Is that it? I thought it was the babies!" He exclaimed before taking a deep breath. "Okay. How about we go out and get you some new clothes?"

"Are you calling me fat?" Charlie accused.

"No! No! Baby, you know that I think you're beautiful the way you are." Brax told her gently, leaning down to kiss her gently on the lips.

"How do you think the kids are going to react that we're having twins?" Charlie asked him fearfully.

"I think they'll freak out," Brax said honestly, taking one of Charlie's hands. "But I think they'll be happy, especially Mia. She won't be the youngest anymore." Four year old Mia had always complained about being the youngest and not being able to do things that her siblings were doing.

"I'm worried about how she's going to cope. I mean they think we are having a baby, not two. And Brax they are going to have your last name. How's Mia going to cope with that?" Charlie breathed heavily as she patted her belly.

"She'll be okay Charlz."

Charlie shook her head. "And Nicole?"

Brax rubbed a hand over his face. "Alright, alright. I see your point, but Nic will be okay, we love her, and she seems to be alright with the idea of a baby."

"Brax, how are we going to cope with two more babies? We are low on space as it is, the kids already share bedrooms. What if they are a girl and a boy? What then?" Charlie asked hysterically. "We can't reshuffle the kids around, they're already settled in their bedrooms."

"Look Charlie, Rubes and Nic are going off to uni pretty soon,that means that we will have the extra space. Everything will be fine, I promise."

"Nic and Rubes are my babies, they can't go off to Uni. I want them here with me" Charlie said as she burst into tears for third time that morning.

Brax nodded. "Okay, okay. They're not leaving." Brax said quickly trying to calm her.

"Kyle, Case and Tamara go to uni here, my girls can too. No one's leaving" Charlie cried.

Brax rolled his eyes as he pulled her into his arms, hormones was all her could think. "Okay baby, they're staying here."

A shriek could be heard as 11 year old Cassie flung their bedroom door open, grinning widely.

"Cassie." Brax warned but the young girl was fast.

"Nicole and Ruby aren't allowed to go to Uni!" Cassie sung as she sprinted down the hall.

"What is Cass talking about?" Ruby asked coming out of the room she shared with Casey.

"Brax. Mum's crazy!" Nicole whined, she knew what her mother was like when she was pregnant. "I mean I plan to go to uni here, it's a given but I'd like the choice...you know."

Brax sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Just humour your mum okay?"

"What's in it for me?" Nicole bargained.

"Knowing that your mum is going to be happy?" Brax asked. Nicole crossed her arms. "Ice cream tonight, just you and me?" Brax said in a low voice, so none of the kids could hear.

"Okay." Nicole said.

"Now, how about you go get all of the kids together, we're having a barbeque for lunch," Brax said. Nicole nodded before walking away, banging on bedroom doors. Brax smiled to himself before heading back into his and Charlie's room. Charlie was standing in front of the mirror, wearing a floral maternity dress.

"I'm so fat!" Charlie complained as she studied herself in the mirror. "Brax, I hate you!"

"Why?"

"For getting me pregnant with twins!" Charlie exclaimed hysterically.

Brax sighed. "Nicole is rounding up the kids, we're going to have a barbecue for lunch okay? We can tell the kids the news then, okay?"

^..^

"No" Sammie screeched as she Casey dragged her towards the pool. "Uncle Casssssey!"

"What do you say?"

"I give. I give. Uncle Case, sorry for tipping water over you while you were sleeping" Sammie shouted as she squirmed in his grasp.

"Dunk her Uncle Case" Jack shouted from the deck steps.

"Yeah Uncle, it was ice cold water." Jade taunted.

Emily giggled as she exited the house. "You think that's bad, did you see what they did to Uncle Heath last weekend when he stayed to watch us over night? Fifteen alarm clocks hidden in his room!"

Brax couldn't help but laugh as he walked outside, big bags of meat loaded in his arms. "Casey!' He called.

"What?" Casey asked as he set Sammie down on the ground and headed over to Brax.

"Where's Heath and Kyle?" Brax asked.

"Where do you think?" Casey asked with a raised eyebrow. "Kyle is with Tamara and Heath is with Bianca."

"Can you go track them down and go out and buy some bread and drinks and stuff for a barbie?"

"What's the occasion?" Casey asked.

"Charlie and I have some news, so can you?"

"Yeah, sure. Wanna chuck me some cash?"

Brax sighed and reached into his pocket, pulling out a fifty dollar note and handing it to Casey. "Don't take too long, okay?"

"Yes boss." Casey muttered under his breath as he walked away.

"I heard that!" Brax yelled after him.

^..^

"Oi Kyle!"

Kyle walked out of the office at Angelo's fixing his shirt.

"Damn Casey, Brax isn't with you is he?" Kyle asked frantically and Casey raised an eyebrow in amusement.

"No"

Kyle breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank god. Babe you can come out"

Tamara walked out of the office, pinning her hair back up, Casey burst out laughing at the scene in front of him.

"Brax woulda killed you if he found ya." Casey said Tamara shrugged.

"What's he gonna do? Ground us?" Tamara laughed and Kyle wrapped his arms around her waist.

"We can't get a private moment at home. Mia walked in last time and I spent a whole 2 hours talking her out of telling Brax. She thinks we were playing twister!"

"Too much information guys!" Casey told them.

"You won't tell, will you?" Tamara asked.

Casey laughed. "I won't tell."

"Thanks bro. What do you want anyway?"

"Brax wants us to go buy stuff for a barbecue, he said that he and Charlie have some news. Where's Heath?"

"Where do you think he is? Ever since Bianca gave birth, he hasn't left her side."

"I told Brax pretty much the same thing."

^..^

"Heeeeeathhhh, this is your boss. You're late for duty" Tamara called as she entered their house without knocking.

"Oi! Keep your voice down Tim Tam" Heath reprimanded as he walked out into the living room.

"Don't call me that!" Tamara huffed, Heath just smirked.

"Does it bother you, Tim Tam?" Heath teased.

"Do you want me to deck you, Braxton?" Tamara challenged and Heath smirked.

"Bring it on, Kingsley!" Heath challenged.

Bianca sighed as she exited the hallway. "Knock it off children. Heath you're a parent, grow up" Bianca told him as she placed Rocco on the ground. "What's up?"

"Well since you two never leave the house anymore we did what Brax asked." Case said and Heath tilted his head in confusion.

"He means shopping," Kyle said and Heath nodded. "But he wants you two at the house, it's like another family meeting"

"Gotta love those" Bianca said sarcastically and they shared a laugh. "Who's in trouble?"

"Tamara and Kyle" Casey snickered and Kyle elbowed him.

"Shut up idiot. If Brax finds out I'll kick your ass."

"Bring it bro."

Bianca smacked them both on the head. "Shut up. What is this meeting for?"

Casey rubbed his head. "Oww. Charlie and Brax have news"

"You deserved it, acting like 3 years olds." Bianca mumbled as she headed for the twins room.

"What happened to our cool sister in-law, you know the trouble making one?" Kyle called after her.

"She'll be plotting her revenge if you wake her children." Bianca called back, talking about herself in third person.

Heath looked back at his brothers. "Do you know what it is like living with two babies and a toddler?"

"Do you know what it is like living with Charlie and Brax's lot?" Kyle challenged.

Heath sighed, considering this. "Fine, you win."

^..^

Authors Note: Please Review! Let me know what you think.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter Two:

Charlie stood nervously beside Brax as she glanced around the table, they were all staring at her, lining the sides of the table.

"Dad, who did what?" Joey asked and Brax raised an eyebrow.

"What about you tell me who caused trouble..." Brax challenged.

The fingers pointing at everyone cause him to shake his head.

"That's not why we are here, but you own up to what you did." Brax warned.

"Not my fault daddy, me did nuffin!" Mia said innocently and Edward giggled.

"You put toilet paper in the washing machine" Edward told and Charlie glanced at her daughter.

"You did what?!"

"Charlie, that's off topic." Brax muttered.

"Muuum! What's going on?" Ruby asked.

Charlie sighed.

"We aren't having just one baby." Brax told the kids.

"Wait, what?" Nicole asked.

"We're having twins." Charlie exhaled, looking at the kids reactions.

"Twins! You're having twins!" Ruby squealed. "Congratulations!" She got up off her chair and hugged Charlie and Brax.

"Twins?" Kyle asked. "Good luck."

"You're gonna have eighteen kids?" Heath asked. He couldn't help but laugh. "Have fun with that."

"Heath!" Bianca reprimanded, hitting Heath on the arm.

"Threes hard enough woman" Heath said looking at her with knowing glance.

"Daddy, me still your baby?" Mia asked and Brax nodded.

"Of course you are, honey."

"You two babies is lots, they're gonna have to sleep in the attic." Brock exaggerated, he earned a laugh.

"You're crazy you know that Brax?" Tamara asked and Brax smirked.

"Not crazy, insane" Darcy informed the family.

"Cause of you lot" Brax teased as he saw Nicole leave the table quietly. He glanced at Charlie, who had noticed too, tears running down her face. Brax figured that it was the pregnancy hormones going into overdrive.

"Ruby, look after your mum while I go talk to Nic?"

"I don't need looking after." Charlie hiccupped.

"Yes, you do. Rubes?"

"Yeah, of course." Ruby said, getting up and sitting next to Charlie. Brax smiled and he walked inside, where he found Nicole sitting on the couch, her knees pulled up to her chest.

"Hey, Nic." Brax said, sitting on the coffee table so he was sitting across from Nicole. "Wanna tell me what's wrong?"

"I don't know," Nicole answered quietly. "I don't know what to think, this is all so sudden."

"It wasn't planned." Brax said softly but Nicole shook her head.

"I was okay with the dating, moving in, the marriage...but I can't. They call you dad," Nicole breathed heavily. "I miss my dad and now that you have two more babies, mum is going to be busy, you're going to be busy. I don't have any ties to this family apart from my siblings. My dad's dead and Charlie's not my biological mother." Nicole sobbed into her knees.

"Nicole, you're a part of this family. Your Charlie's daughter regardless of blood and I know...believe me Nic I know I'll never replace your dad but I love you like my own daughter" Brax told her as he moved to the couch and pulled her into his arms. "I raised Heath, Kyle and Casey, Bianca's been around for years and I took Tamara into my house and treated her like one of my own. I never would expect them to call me dad, it would creep me out if Heath or Bianca tried, trust me. She teases me with it. But just because they don't doesn't mean I don't love them, I raised Casey from a baby" Brax breathed as he kissed the top her head. "What I'm trying to say is, I'll always be here. Whether you call me dad or not. Who is gonna have ice cream with me at 2am while I moan about all the trouble the kids have caused. You're my daughter regardless of blood."

Nicole cried as she buried her head in Brax's shoulder.

"What about my own dad? If I treat you like my dad, he might feel like I'm being a traitor to him."

"Nic, you know that I would never try to replace your dad, and I'm sure he would appreciate someone being there to look after his baby girl. I promise, he won't feel like you're betraying him. He would want you to move on with your life."

"I guess," Nicole hiccupped. "I just miss him so much."

"I know, baby." Brax said, just as the front door opened and Tegan walked in, carrying shopping bags.

"Hey! Charlie invited me, I hope that's okay." Tegan greeted Nicole and Brax.

"Yeah, that's fine Teegs, how have you been?" Brax asked as Nicole slipped back outside.

"I've been good, I have some news, actually." Tegan said.

"Charlie and I do too," Brax said. "What's your news?"

"I'm pregnant." Tegan told Brax.

"What?" Brax asked.

"Baby. Inside. Me." Teagan said pointing to her stomach. "Geez Brax, we made seven of them."

Brax shook his head and wrapped her in a hug. "Congratulations! Who's the lucky guy? ****...Teegs, there is just one right?"

Teagan pulled back and slapped his chest. "Yes there is, Brax!"

"Just checking," Brax said. "Who's the lucky guy?"

"His name is Daniel, I hired him to work at Special Seven. Now why were you just checking that I only had one baby? What are you not telling me Brax?"

"Umm."

"Spit it out, Brax! I don't have all day." Tegan teased Brax.

"Charlie and I, we're having twins." Brax said.

Tegan let this digest for a minute, then she smiled. "Gosh, Brax. Eighteen kids. You've got your work cut out for you."

"You could say that again." Brax said just as Charlie walked, or waddled, into the lounge.

"Hey Tegan!" Charlie exclaimed happily, giving her friend a hug.

"Hey, Brax just told me the news, congratulations, I guess."

Charlie rolled her eyes. "We're insane, you can say it."

"Fine. You're insane. Both of you."

Charlie burst into tears. Brax glared at Tegan.

"Tegan, you made her cry!"

"Is this what I'm going to be like with this little one?" Tegan asked.

"No 'cause you only have one baby." Charlie sobbed.

"You're having a baby too mummy?" Chase asked as he ran over and hugged her. "I'm going to be a big brother"

"Seriously Teegs, you're knocked up to? Who's next, Nic? Ruby? Tamara?" Heath asked and the three girls blushed.

"No one is getting them three pregnant!" Brax spoke tightly. "Not til they're old and grey."

^..^

Authors Note: Please Review! Let us know what you think.

Names and Ages.

Brax and Charlie 34. Heath and Bianca 32. Kyle 21. Tamara and Casey 19.

Brax's Kids.

Darcy 16. Jade and Jack 15. Taylah 13. Cassie 11. Samantha 10. Chase 6.

Charlie's Kids.

Nicole and Ruby 19. Emily 15. Joey 13. Lucas 12. Brock 10. Edward 8. Drew 6. Mia 4.

Heath's Kids.

Rocco 3. Emmett and Scott 1.

Chapter Three:

Chase jumped up onto the outside chair with a massive grin. "Mummy's having a BABY!" Chase screamed.

Emily chuckled. "We know douche."

Chase shook his head. "Not your mummy, my mummy."

Darcy gasped. "You're having a baby?!" Darcy asked and Tegan nodded as she took a seat beside Charlie.

Jack stood up. "Oh hell no, who got you pregnant?! They gonna pay, you can't a baby" Jack ranted. "No, no more babies, not for you mum, we just got you back."

Sammie and Jade punched him in the arms. "Shut up idiot," Jade said as she looked at her mum. "Congrats, mum!"

Cassie threw her arms around her mother's frame. "When you having the baby?"

Drew frowned. "Where do babies come from?"

Brax shook his head. "No! We aren't having that talk again, or ever for that matter."

Joey laughed. "Do you want him to get someone pregnant?! You have to have the talk."

"Come on Dad, tell him." Darcy teased.

Brax slung his arm over Darcy's shoulder and gave her a small noogie on the head. Darcy squirmed out of Brax's grasp, laughing.

"Dad!"

"Dad yourself!" Brax told her.

"Anyway, who is the dad of the little one?" Ruby asked as she sat down in a chair next to Charlie.

"Ky Ky!" Mia yelled as she flew up from the table and jumped onto his lap.

"Hey munchkin." Kyle ruffled her hair with his free hand, his other rested on Tamara's knee.

"Did you buy me chocolate when you went out?" Mia asked.

Kyle smiled. "Maybe a little. But it's for the whole family, okay Mia?"

"The whole family, not fair, Ky Ky" Mia whined.

Tamara smiled as she leaned forward to whisper on Mia's ear. "I brought you some, it's a secret"

"Me not tell mummy or daddy" Mia whispered and Tamara nodded.

"That's right, or I'll get into trouble" Tamara told her.

"What's the big secret, Tîm Tam?" Heath teased

"Oh Heath I dare you to call me that again" Tamara challenged.

"Would you two knock it off?" Brax called and both turned to look at him with accusing glances. "Don't want to hear it"

Tamara smirked slightly as Heath nudged her shoulder.

"Yes father."

Brax shot Heath and Tamara a look. "Cut it out."

"I don't have any scissors." Tamara said innocently.

"You just got burned, Dad!" Taylah said as she walked over to the table to grab a drink and a few lollies from the bowl on the table.

"Yeah dad!" Cassie said as she grabbed a drink.

Brax looked at Tamara. "What are you hiding?"

"Absolutely nothing, Darryl."

"Liar liar." Brax called.

"Pants on fire." Tamara sung.

"Okay guys, cut it out," Charlie said. "Braxxxxxx, I'm starrrrrvvvviiiiiiinggggggggggggggggg."

"So am I." Tegan added.

"Wow, you don't want to keep two pregnant ladies waiting, Brax." Heath warned.

"Yeah Brax!" Charlie pouted. "I want pickles and peanut butter."

"That actually sounds quite nice." Tegan said.

"Eww, pregnant women and their weird food habits." Jack muttered.

"Yeah? You try pushing two babies the size of watermelons out of your-" Charlie began but Brax cut her off.

"Jack, stop winding up Charlie."

"Come on dad, it's hilarious." Jack laughed and Jade nodded.

"Last night remember!" Jade laughed and Ruby grinned.

"I do, the walls are too thin. It went something like: Braaaax Braaax can we have sex, I don't wanna take my clothes off you'll see how fat I am, no wait I don't want sex, can I have a burger?"

Emily giggled. "Cue the burst of tears."

"Can't forget those, then it was something like: a burger will make me fatter and then she raged at him and I heard them shouting at each other, and more tears from mum!"

"Hey!" Charlie exclaimed.

"Next person who mocks me or Charlie is going in the pool!" Tegan exclaimed happily, studying one of her fingernails.

"Muuum!" Jade complained.

"Don't mum me Jadey."

"Don't call me Jadey."

"I can call you whatever I want, you're my daughter."

Jade grinned. "I know."

"Have you guys thought about names for the twins?" Nicole asked.

Charlie looked at Brax. "No, we haven't."

"Do you even know the genders yet?" Tegan asked.

"No, we find out in a few weeks." Charlie sighed, a hand on her stomach.

"What do you want?" Tegan asked and Charlie grinned, opening her mouth she was interrupted.

"Brothers!" Chase exclaimed.

"No me want girls!" Mia yelled as she stood up in her chair.

"Boys rule!" Brock shouted.

"No douche, she's having girls." Sammie told him.

"Language!" Brax told Sammie, who just rolled her eyes at him.

"One of each!" Rubes added.

"We live in a mad house, does it really matter?" Casey asked as he rolled his eyes.

"What do you want Auntie Tegan?" Edward asked.

Tegan grinned. "A girl, Chase will always be my baby boy."

Sammie frowned. "I wanna be your baby girl." She whined.

"Shut it squirt, a sister sounds awesome!" Taylah grinned.

Nicole sighed and Bianca nudged her shoulder. "You alright?"

"Yep." Nicole said but it was unconvincing.

Bianca grinned. "I'm older and a better liar, truth?"

"Its hard."

"Mum, is that you fourth hog dog?! Holy moley how can you eat so much?" Cassie asked. "Heey!" Cassie screamed as Heath tossed her over his shoulder. "Uncle Heath!"

"Sorry your mums orders, you dissed Charlie so your getting dunked."

"That was just a joke!" Cassie squealed. "Uncle Heath!"

"Too late." Heath told her before he chucked her in the pool.

"Argh!" Cassie squealed as she dragged herself out of the pool.

Tegan laughed as she handed Cassie a towel. "Never diss a pregnant woman."

"Yeah yeah mum," Cassie said. "I'm gonna go inside to get changed." On her way inside, she walked up to Heath and threw her arms around him, giving him a big hug and getting water all over him.

"Love you Uncle Heath!" She said cheekily before waking inside.

"Little brat." Heath muttered under his breath.

Casey laughed. "Serves you right!"

"Shut up, Case."

Bianca stood up. "Am I the only one who can hear the doorbell? Are you all deaf!"

"Geez Auntie Bi, take a chill pill." Joey exclaimed as Bianca stomped up the deck.

"Oi! Ice Queen, lighten up." Brax laughed and Bianca spun around glaring.

Jack burst out laughing "You're in for it dad!"

Charlie nudged Darcy. "What's happening?"

Darcy smirked. "Dad called Bianca Ice Queen, she loathes that name. Dads gonna die."

"Heath get the door."

Heath shook his head. "No way in hell I'm missing my wife kicking my brother's ass."

"Fine," Charlie said, getting out of her seat. "I'll go get it."

"No, mum, I'll go get it." Jade said, pushing Charlie back into her seat.

"Thanks." Charlie said gratefully as Jade headed into the house. She opened it to see an elderly couple who Jade had never seen before.

"Hi." Jade greeted.

"Uh, hi, we must have the wrong address..." The woman stated, looking up at the man.

"Who are you looking for?" Jade asked.

"Charlie."

"Oh, you're at the right address."

"I'm Elsie, that's Ross. We're Charlie's parents."

"So that makes you guys my step grandparents?" Jade asked. "That's cool."

Ross and Elsie exchanged looks with each other. "Charlie's married?"

^..^

Authors Note: Please Review! Let us know what you think.

• 1 month later...

Chapter Four:

Bianca sat on top of Brax smacking his chest. "Call me Ice Queen once more I dare you."

"Come on Auntie Bi l, give him a nipple cripple!" Darcy shouted as she stood up on the chair.

"Come on Bianca, make it count." Kyle taunted as Brax tried to throw her off.

"Here let me help you." Tamara said as she pinned Brax's arms down.

"Oh let's put ice on him!" Lucas exclaimed.

"No! Let's feed him vegemite on a spoon! He hates it." Jack told them.

Brax looked at Bianca. "Alright you two off."

"What's wrong Father?" Bianca teased.

"I hate that name, smartass."

"Then don't cause me ice queen." Bianca exclaimed.

"Charlie you married into a ****ing circus!"

Charlie leaped of her chair, she recognised that voice. "Mum? Dad?" She asked in shock.

"Oh my god Charlie, you're pregnant too?" Elsie asked.

Charlie sighed. "How did you find me? Why are you here?"

"It was as easy as looking up your address in the phonebook sweetheart, and we wanted to see you." Elsie said.

"Why didn't you tell us you were married? Why didn't you invite us to the wedding?" Ross asked.

"It wasn't like it was planned"

Elsie frowned. "You got married without thinking it through. Oh dear god"

Charlie whipped her head around. "Bianca, Tamara get off my husband! Brax get up here"

Ross glared. "He's your husband? That man wrestling with two ladies, oh geez, Charlie."

"Oh they're not ladies" Jack chuckled.

"Shut up, Jack" Tamara said poking her tongue out.

"Charlie, this isn't like you. Have you lost your mind?" Ross asked as he trained his eyes on Brax as he hopped off the ground.

"Dad, please" Charlie muttered as Brax approached them. "This is my husband, Darryl Braxton"

Elise shook her head. "You have children, Charlie; don't you think you have enough of your own? How are you meant to raise so many, and you're pregnant again?"

Emily giggled. "Nanna, she's having twins."

Elise shook her head. "Dear, aren't you exhausting yourself?"

"No mum, I'm not. I love my children, I love my stepchildren and I'll love these babies. Equally." Charlie sighed as she saw her mother's disapproving glance.

Ross shook his head. "Don't these children have a mother?"

Tegan smiled as she leaned back in her chair. "I'm their mother"

Elsie looked at Tegan's pregnant stomach. "Oh dear god, is this a baby making factory, dear, I don't think I approve at all"

"You're associating yourself with your new husband's ex-wife?" Ross asked appalled.

"Yeah, and I don't see any problem with it." Charlie said.

Elsie glanced at Ross. "Are you still working, at least?"

"Yeah, I was made detective at Yabbie Creek a few years ago," Charlie said. "Mum, I'm happy, my kids are happy, isn't that what matters?"

"Hey," Brax said, holding a hand out to Elsie and Ross. "I'm Darryl, you can call me Brax."

"Nice to meet you." Elsie said politely as she gingerly shook Brax's hand.

"Do you want to stay for some food?" Brax offered just as Emily barrelled up to Elsie and Ross, throwing her arms around them. Mia followed, throwing her arms around Elsie's legs.

"Nanna!" Mia said happily.

"Hey munchkin, how are you?" Elsie asked.

"I'm good. We went to the beach yesterday and Ruby helped me build a sandcastle!"

"That's good dear." Elsie said as she picked Mia up.

"I really missed you guys," Emily said. "Why haven't you visited us lately? It's been ages!"

"We've just been busy dear, I'm sorry." Elsie answered as Mia buried her head in Elsie's shoulder.

"Can you at least stay for some food before you disappear again?" Emily asked.

"I suppose so, dear, since we do have a new family to get to know"

"I can introduce you to everyone, Nanna" Lucas said as he took her hand. "That is Auntie Bianca, Uncle Heath, Uncle Casey, Uncle Kyle…"

Elsie giggled softly as her grandson pointed around the table. "Dear, slowdown"

Lucas smiled sheepishly. "Sorry" He murmured as he took a deep breath. "They're dad's brothers, and Bianca is married to Uncle Heath" Lucas spoke quickly.

Ruby shook her head at her brothers antics, he spoke to quick. "Lucas!"

"It's fine, Ruby" Elsie assured. "Continue, dear"

Lucas smiled. "That's Auntie Tegan, she used to be dads wife. That's Tamara; she is in love with Uncle Kyle"

Tamara laughed at his description as she nodded to Elsie. "Nice to meet you"

"My turn" Edward announced as he pointed to Darcy. "That's Darcy, Jack, Jade, Taylah, Cassie, Samantha and Chase"

Joey pointed to the pram and highchair beside Bianca. "That's Rocco, Emmett and Scott…they're like our cousins now"

Ross looked at Charlie. "They call him dad?! Let me guess they call you mum? Charlie!"

"Yeah." Charlie said quietly.

"Charlie is my second mummy." Chase told them, taking a big slurp of Fanta.

"Is this true?" Ross asked.

"I don't see what the big deal is!" Charlie yelled, throwing down her napkin and storming into the house.

"Pregnancy hormones again." Joey said, rolling his eyes.

"Seriously though, what is the big deal?" Ruby asked. "Why does it matter if we call Brax dad and they call Charlie mum?"

"Look, Charlie has had a rough time, give her a break." Brax said.

"Don't you think it's a little disrespectful though?" Ross asked.

"Why would it be disrespectful?" Nicole asked.

"You don't find it disrespectful, them calling another man dad?"

"No, no I don't." Nicole said quietly. Nicole looked at Brax and smiled softly. "He's a great guy, and they deserve a father" Nicole said quietly and Brax ruffled her hair affectionately. "Brax!"

"What?" Brax said innocently and Nicole rolled her eyes.

Drew tugged on his leg making him glance down. "Is mummy angry again?"

Brax shook his head. "Not at you buddy"

"It's the babies fault!" Chase shouted as Charlie came storming back out of the house.

"How can you judge me? Where have you been the last four years?!"

"Charlie, we're sorry-" Elsie started but Charlie cut her off.

"You haven't bothered to contact me in the last four years! Nothing! Not even to the kids! You say you're concerned and that you're worried, but you haven't tried to contact me or the kids in four years! What does that say! It ****ing says that you don't ****ing care about me!"

"I'm sick, Charlie."

"What?" Charlie asked. "Dad!"

"Your father has early onset Alzheimer's. We were going to stay away" Elsie started.

"What's Alzheimer's?" Brock asked.

Brax glanced at Bianca and Heath. "Take the kids inside, Kyle, Case. Help."

Nicole and Ruby looked at Brax. "We're staying." They spoke in unison as Charlie started crying.

"So you were going to stay away until he couldn't remember any of us?"

"We didn't want to hurt you anymore than we already did." Ross said.

"You didn't think that this would hurt me?" Charlie asked as she threw herself into Brax's arms, sobbing.

"Of course we didn't think that, we love you Charlie. We didn't want to hurt you at all."

"Yeah, sure," Charlie said sarcastically. "You stayed away from me and the kids, ruined the time that we could have with you and you threw that away?"

"Charlie, this hurts me too." Ross said.

"Why didn't you ****ing tell me sooner Dad?" Charlie asked, untangling herself from Brax's grasp and looking at her father. "Why would you keep that from me?"

"You were hurting over Roman, we couldn't bring ourselves to make your like harder" Elise spoke.

Charlie didn't speak as she turned around and walked inside, Brax saw the looks of sadness on her parents faces.

"Nic, Rubes check on your mum"

"Sure Brax"

Ross sighed. "We should go"

Brax shook his head. "Stay. The hormones are doing most of the talking. She will be down soon. Come inside" Brax motioned for them to follow him.

"Pa are you sick?" Drew asked, throwing himself in Ross's lap as the older man sat down on the couch, surrounded by his grandchildren, and faces he didn't recognize. "Are you gonna die like Grandma Cheryl?"

"Is that your mum?" Elsie asked. "Brax, I'm so sorry."

Brax just nodded.

"Are you going to die?" Drew asked.

"Drew, I am not going to die. What's going to happen is that I am going to forget things slowly, okay?"

"Are you going to forget me Pa?" Drew asked, a look of sadness on his face.

Brax could see the sadness etched on Ross's face as he searched for an answer.

Ross settled on a lie, so he wouldn't hurt the little boy. "No Drew. I am never going to forget you or your siblings."

^..^

Authors Note: Let us know what you think.

Ross and Elise disappear for a little bit but they'll make another appearance.

Archived