Dangerous Life (Re-Post)

Guest Melbelle94

Chapter Seven:

Kyle glanced at Charlie with a raised eyebrow, she stood before him with her arms crossed and a deadly expression in her eyes. Kyle didn't realise how suborn she was until this moment, he could see the sheer determination in her eyes.

"Promise me she won't end up here" Charlie demanded.

Kyle sighed; she wouldn't understand that sometimes he had no control. She wanted his word that her daughter would be safe, that Ruby wouldn't end up imprisoned in Mason's guest house with her. "Charlie"

Charlie shook her head defiantly. "Promise me!" Charlie commanded.

"I'll do my best to ensure Ruby is safe, I'll do my best to keep her off my father's radar"

Charlie arched her eyebrow. "Promise me?" Charlie asked, her voice shaking. "I can't let Ruby get hurt by your father"

Kyle nodded. "I'll try, I promise, I'll keep her safe" Kyle finally agreed and he heard Charlie sigh in relief.

"And the baby I'm carrying?" Charlie asked.

Kyle let his jaw drop, pregnant?! He wasn't sure what he could say or do. "You're pregnant?!"

Lexi giggled from her position on the bench, she was swinging her legs back and forth, acting normal for once just out of sight of the cameras. "Told you, he's gonna freak out!"

Charlie let out a small giggle as she glanced at Kyle, seeing his stunned expression seemed to worry her. "I'm pregnant, and nothing can happen to this baby, you hear me?" Charlie's voice was stern and Kyle nodded slowly as he turned to Lexi.

"You knew!" Kyle accused and she grinned. "Could've warned me"

"Where's the fun in that?" Lexi teased, Kyle shook his head as he turned to Charlie.

"I promise you, that your children will always be safe" Kyle told her and Charlie smiled gratefully. "In return, I want you to be honest with me; it's the only way I can guarantee protection"

Charlie squirmed slightly under his intense gaze but nodded. "Alright, honesty in return for my children's safety I can do"

Kyle nodded as he spun to face Alexis. "And you my sweet wife, you're going to be completely honest with me, aren't you?" Kyle asked as he approached her, Lexi smiled at him and bobbed her head.

"Of course, my dear husband" Lexi spoke, Kyle slid his fingers under her chin and lifted slightly, he gripped with a little force.

"Complete honesty, Lex" Kyle told her sternly. "I can't protect you if you chose to keep things from me"

"Ky" Charlie murmured as she stepped forward, placing her hand on his arm, he dropped his grip on Lexi's chin. "Don'tI asked her to keep it from you until I was ready"

Kyle sighed as he rubbed a hand across his face, he leaned forward and kissed Lexi's cheek lightly. "I need you both to be honest, I am trying my bestbut unless all the facts are clear I can't protect you. What would have happened if my father found out about the baby before I did?" Kyle asked as he turned around and started to leave the room.

"Kyle" Lexi called and he stopped. "You're doing a good job"

Kyle scoffed as he spun back around. "I'm doing a good job?...I do my father's bidding, he kidnapped Charlie and I can't let her return without him coming after me, after my brothers, LexiI control you, every aspect because he threatened your life if I didn't man up" Kyle exhaled as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Ky" Charlie breathed but he took a step back.

"Just leave it, your children will be safe, the moment I get a free moment I will find Ruby, I'll make sure to keep her off my father's radar" Kyle told her as he left the guest house, he slammed the front door.

^..^

Kyle kept his eyes trained on his father as Ruby hugged her dad and Ricky, he wasn't sure what his father was playing at but it made him nervous. The thought of something happening to Ruby after he spent years protecting herit made Kyle feel ill.

Kyle lifted his gaze away from his father as he felt Lexi tap his hand gently, he glanced over and saw her squirm slightly uncomfortably, noticing his tight grip on her leg, he let go and she took his hand in hers, squeezing slightly.

"Father, Mother, I think it's best if we continue this tonight" Kyle said as he glanced over at Brax and Ruby, his eyes meet the teenage girls, he could see her fighting the urge to react.

"Son"

Kyle shook his head. "Come to the house later, for dinner, give my brothers time to greet their guest" Kyle said abruptly and Mason smirked.

"I have something of importance to discuss with you" Mason said firmly and Kyle sighed but nodded. "Juliet, you'll wait at the car"

Kyle glanced over to make sure his brothers weren't listening; the last thing he wanted was for them to hear how his father spoke to women, to his mother.

"Yes, dear" Juliet spoke softly as she rose from her seat, kissing his cheek as well as Kyle's. "I'll see you later, Kyle"

"Good-bye mother" Kyle said softly as he watched his mother say a quick polite, good-bye, to his brothers. "You want to speak now?" Kyle asked his father.

Mason glared. "Is there something more important to you?"

Kyle noticed his father's look and shook his head. "Of course not, the office is private we can talk there, last door on the left" Kyle told him and Mason nodded as he inclined his head in Lexi's direction.

"Bring her"

Kyle glanced at Alexis's and noticed her quivering lip. "No father, I handle my wife, my way" Kyle said firmly.

Mason grumbled his disapproval as he headed for the office, leaving Lexi and Kyle seated.

"KyleI"

"Hush" Kyle murmured as he stood up only to have a pair of arms encircle his waist.

"Uncle Kyle" Ruby murmured against his chest.

Kyle glanced down and pushed her back slightly, whipping his head around to check his father was in the office. "Rubes, we've spoken about this. You can't advertise to the world that you know me, remember?" Kyle asked and Ruby nodded in understanding.

"But I haven't seen you in three months" Ruby complained and Kyle nodded.

"We can talk about it later, Ruby, listen" Kyle commanded as he glanced at Lexi. "Keep an eye on that door" Kyle warned and Lexi bobbed her head up and down. "My parents are in town, no matter what happens, you cannot let anyone know you know me. Do you understand?" Kyle asked firmly and Ruby nodded a worried look in her eyes.

Brax stepped forward and pulled Ruby back to him. "What the hell is going on, how do you know Ruby?"

Kyle frowned. "I can't talk about it now, but do me a favour, get her out of here" Kyle demanded as he glanced down at Lexi. "You aren't to mention this to anyone, am I understood?"

The words were harsh and Lexi knew exactly what he was talking about, she wasn't allowed to mention it to Charlie. "Yes" Lexi said softly and Kyle nodded.

"The lot of you have to leave, I'll be home soon. I'll explain what I can" Kyle told them as he kissed Lexi on the top of her head. "Behave"

^..^

Kyle walked into the office to see his father sitting comfortably on the small black couch; his suit jacket was opened as he seemed to relax slightly.

"What is you wanted to talk about, Father?" Kyle asked and Mason smiled showed a crueller side to him.

"Well for one, your wife, I don't appreciate her trying to let my secret out and two Charlotte. Charlotte is causing trouble, she wants to see you, she wants to be aware of what you're doing, and I need a new way to keep her at bay. Ruby is a sweet girl, yes?"

"I'm sure Charlotte isn't trying to cause you trouble father, she knows the consequences" Kyle said and Mason rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

"That is true. However, you need to control her, remind her of the rules" Mason instructed, Kyle sighed as he leaned against the desk.

"Of course, father"

"And Alexis?" Mason asked, his voice was firm and Kyle glanced at him, he could see the anger in his father's eyes at the mention of Alexis.

Kyle nodded slightly. "She'll be dealt with, father"

"The next time she tries to leak a secret, I deal with her myself" Mason threatened as he stood up, buttoning his jacket. "You deal with Charlotte, or Ruby will make a fine addition to my household, don't you think, son?"

^..^

Kyle guided Alexis into the house, a hand firmly pressed against her back, he was furious; his father was threatening Ruby, an innocent teen, one he had vowed to protect. A few words from his father made him feel trapped.

Ruby smiled brightly as she saw her Kyle walk through the door. "Uncle Kyle"

Kyle smiled slightly. "Hey sweetheart" Kyle murmured as he let go of Lexi and hugged his niece, only to be pulled away and shoved into a wall by Brax.

"Start explaining!" Brax demanded as he held his middle brother firm against the wall.

"Don't hurt him" Lexi murmured as she moved forward. "Please don'tMason will know"

"What?" Brax asked. "Kyle. Explain. Now! You can't put our lives in danger especially, Rubes"

"Your lives were put in danger the day I was born" Kyle ground out through his teeth as he used his hands to push Brax back, he glared at him.

"Kyle, this is insane" Brax said running a through his hair.

"What do you mean, my life is in danger?" Ruby asked. "Uncle Kyle?"

Kyle sighed. "I can't explain, there's too much riding on my secrecy" Kyle told them.

"What the hell did Alexis mean back in the restaurant? Your fathers killed before?" Brax demanded to know.

"What?" Ricky asked as she stepped forward.

Kyle looked between the two. "Damn it, Lexi"

Lexi bit her lip meekly. "I'm sorry Ky, it just slipped out!"

"Yeah? Well your little **** up has ruined everything" Kyle muttered as he rubbed a hand over the back of his neck.

"Maybe they can help" Lexi offered and Kyle glared, his eyes filled with anger.

"Help?! Telling them anything is going to get them killed" Kyle spat.

"Kyle, maybe Lexi is right" Brax pointed out.

"Right?! Have you lived the life I have? I didn't think so. Do you want to die? Do you want Heath and Casey to be safe?" Kyle demanded to know and Brax nodded shortly. "Then stay the **** out of this, I'm doing my best but it doesn't help when you!" Kyle chided turning to Lexi. "**** it up! My father is beyond furious with you" Kyle informed her as he slumped back against the wall. "Why, Lexi, why?"

"I don't know, Ky" Lexi said quietly.

"Your explanation isn't going to be good enough for my father, Alexis" Kyle chastised and Lexi nodded.

"I know"

Brax stood in front of Lexi and puffed his chest out. "You right? She's obviously sorry"

Kyle sneered as he crooked his finger at Alexis, motioning her to him. She moved hesitantly and Kyle glanced at Brax. "Don't try to protect her because she knows I'm not going to hit her, but sorry isn't good enough, not for my father"

"Uncle Kyle? Why is my life in danger, why is your dad so angry with me, us?" Ruby asked as she wrapped her arms around him.

"I promised you 3 years ago that nothing would happen to you, and I am telling you right now I will keep you safe, no matter what" Kyle promised and Ruby nodded, he kissed her hairline lightly.

"Whys he interested in me?" Ruby asked.

Kyle sighed but nether the less he told the half truth. "Because you are really important to someone I know, but they're not doing as instructed by my father, your bait"

"She's bait?" Heath asked and Kyle nodded.

"But nothing will happen to you, I promise" Kyle said as he pulled her back, holding her at arm's length as he glanced around the room. "Look I have to make a call. I'm not trying to make this hard but if I tell you my father's biggest secret he will kill the person I'm trying to protect" Kyle said as he looked at Lexi. "You have a dinner to cook for my father" Kyle said as he tugged her hand and pulled her towards him, kissing her head. "You ever pull a stunt like that again and you'll understand the meaning of punishment, am I understood?" Kyle asked harshly, he knew he'd never do to Alexis what his father did to his mother, but his wife, the woman before him didn't know that.

"Yes"

Bianca raised an eyebrow at her brother in-law. "What gives you the right to speak to her like that, punishment for what? You have no right to treat her like a child"

Lexi shook her head. "Please Bianca, don'tI know what I did was wrong, I shouldn't have, I shouldn't have said anything. It jeopardized too much. Kyle has every right to be angry with me"

"Who you calling?" Casey asked and Kyle glanced at him.

"I need to ensure the safety of someone" Kyle said, he purposely couldn't mention Charlie's name.

"Uncle Kyle, stop keeping secrets from us!" Ruby exclaimed.

Kyle spun around to face them; he was angry, beyond angry that they couldn't leave it alone. "Just leave it alone" Kyle pleaded, Brax saw the desperate look in his brother's eyes and he couldn't help the curiosity that filled him, he knew something wasn't right, that something was seriously wrong.

^..^

Lexi moved across the room to the kitchen, she was silent, trapped in deep thought but Ricky and Brax followed her, they needed her to open up to them.

Brax leaned against the counter and watched her gather ingredients. "How can you love him, does he lie to you as well?" Brax asked and Lexi sighed as she drew a knife from the cupboard.

"I tried to deny my feelings, I hated him, I blamed him for turning me into the person I am now" Lexi told them as she picked up a carrot, pausing to take a moment to think. "It's not his fault, he tries so hard to be different, he doesn't want to be this father but Mason Bennett isn't an easy man to escape from. I know you think he's harsh with me, that he treats me like I don't matter, when in reality he's protecting me the only way he knows how"

Ricky raised her eyebrow. "How is ordering you around, the little bits of control we see, threatening you with punishmenthow is that protecting you? Nothing gives him the right to treat you like that"

Lexi sighed, they didn't understand, didn't know, how far Kyle's control over her extended. She wouldn't admit it but deep down, she'd do anything for him. "Mason, he gives Kyle the right to treat me anyway he likes" Alexis told them as she turned around. "Three years ago I wouldn't still be standing here, I would have run and Kyle isn't around so he couldn't have stopped me. Now, I stand here because I know it's safer, Kyle promised to protect me and I trust him, I love him. Has Kyle lied to me? I suppose he has but he wouldn't do it unless he was trying to keep me safe"

"Who's he calling?" Brax asked and Lexi shrugged.

"No idea, you were standing with us, I wasn't told" Lexi said as she turned around to face the counter again, masking her expression. She knew but she couldn't tell them.

"What is stopping you from telling us everything?" Ricky asked, she sounded exhausted and Lexi knew that feeling all too well.

"The contract, I can't say, I'm not allowed to. Masonhe would"

Ricky looked appalled. "Contract for what?"

Brax nodded slowly. "That's why you said that at the restaurant, it doesn't stop you from dropping hints" Brax murmured and Lexi nodded as Kyle stepped into the room.

"I'm what stops her from dropping hints" Kyle muttered as he moved forward and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. "That's enough, Lex. Leave it"

"Shouldn't they be given something, shouldn't they know" Lexi asked and Kyle shook his head.

"It'll put them in the same amount of danger you're in now, I can't have thatif they know then I die" Kyle murmured against her hair.

"Who is your father, Kyle?"

Casey coughed distractingly and they glanced over to see Mason at the doorway.

"I do hope we aren't too early"

^..^

Authors Note: Please Review! Let me know what you think.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter Eight:

Kyle shifted nervously as he glanced at his parents, they were early and he was sure it was his father's plan. The tension in the air from the previous heated discussion with his brothers was still in the air and he knew his father would know something was off.

"Mother, Father. You're early" Kyle said as he glanced down at Lexi, she was staring at the ground not wanting to look up and meet the eyes of Mason.

Mason chuckled. "Son, you are aware I like to be early or on time, never late"

Kyle nodded slowly. "I know, take a seat, would you like a drink?"

"Yes please, dear" Juliet spoke softly and Kyle nodded as he turned to the fridge.

Brax crossed his arms as he noticed the shift in Kyle's behaviour. "You're scared of him" Brax observed and Kyle smirked.

"You would be to if you grew up with him" Kyle told him as he grabbed two glass. "Lex"

Lexi nodded. "I know, behave" Lexi sighed and Kyle turned around to face her, his eyebrow arched, she smiled meekly. "Sorry. I'll be a perfect wife"

Kyle shook his head slightly amused. "Don't speak unless it's necessary, my fathers out to get you" Kyle said as he stepped forward and gripped her hips. "Trust me?"

Lexi responded immediately, confusion sketched in her eyes. "Always"

Kyle nodded. "Good. And you?" Kyle asked looking at Brax, the oldest Braxton sighed.

"Until I know more about your father then I have no choice" Brax muttered, it was obvious he begrudged the idea.

Kyle nodded. "Lex, you're going to apologize to my father"

"No I'm not" Lexi protested, crossing her arms and pulling away from Kyle. "I told you I was sorry but I'm not telling him"

Kyle glanced out into the lounge room; his father was looking in their direction. An amused expression graced his features with a darkening edge. "Alexis" Kyle reprimanded, he grabbed her arm, pulling her towards him and out of the view of his father. "Should we start again? You're going to apologize" Kyle told her as he leaned down so his lips were at her ear. "You're going to apologize or you'll land yourself across my knee, am I understood? I only ask for what I know you can handle, you said you trusted me, he thinks I've punished you, unless you want me to"

Lexi shook her head; it confused Brax and Ricky as they couldn't hear what was being said. "I don't want to" Lexi said softly as she glanced up at him, he could see the tears in her eyes.

Kyle nodded as he pulled her forward a little, hugging her gently. "I know baby, but you screwed up this time, I warned you to behave. So you'll apologize and I'll pretend you've been punished, but you screw the apology up then I will punish you, do you understand?"

"Yes Sir"

Brax arched an eyebrow threateningly in Kyle's direction. "You gonna tell us what this is about?"

"Lex is going to apologize to my father" Kyle muttered as he inclined his head. "Now. I'll be here if you need me"

Lexie frowned. "In front of everyone? Butif I do, then"

Kyle nodded and winked in her direction. "I know baby, I only leak information I deem safe" Turning to Brax and Ricky he smirked. "Go with her, you said you wanted to know more, I can't tell you, I'm contracted to. But I drop hints I know won't cause any destructive damage"

^..^

Lexi stepped into the lounge room cautiously as she moved towards Mason; he glanced up, a stern expression gracing his features as she stopped slightly in front of him.

"Mr Bennett, I'm sorry for making a joke at lunch this afternoon, it was uncalled for, unlady like. Please forgive me?" Lexi's voice was soft, she sort of understood what Kyle was doing, by making her publically apologize, Mason would have to let some of his true nature be exposed when he spoke.

Mason leaned back in his chair; he assessed her quietly as she stood before him. "Why should I even consider forgiving you, your little joke wasn't even close to being considered funny" Mason scolded and Lexi shifted. "Why Kyle decided not to divorce you is beyond my comprehension. You weren't made for his life, not to be my daughter in-law"

"Father" Kyle spoke as he leaned against the brick wall dividing the lounge room and kitchen. "Why I chose to stay married to my wife is none of your concern. She is apologizing for herindiscretion, find it in your" Kyle paused and swallowed. "Find it in your heart to forgive her"

Mason glared at Lexi but resentfully nodded. "Fine, you are forgiven, dear. Though I do warn you to be cautious of your actions, they do have consequences" Mason warned, the threatening tone, his anger was clear in his voice.

"Yes Sir, thank-you" Lexi said softly as she moved quickly back to Kyle's side. "I'm sorry" Lexi murmured softly and Kyle didn't acknowledge her as he stared at his father.

"Her consequences aren't your concern, father, nor will they ever be" Kyle's strong voice, confidence shocked his family but his father remained calm.

Bianca nudged Kyle's shoulder gently. "Your mother"

Kyle glanced at his mother, he could see the pain in her eyes, he saw his father's hand on her shoulder squeezing. "Father, don't"

Mason glared. "Since when do you give me orders? Maybe hurting those close to you will help you remember exactly who's in charge, my dear son"

Kyle struggled to speak as he heard his father's threat. It wasn't to his brothers or their respective partners. Kyle knew who the threat was at and he didn't like it, he hated the fact his father could use them to control him.

Lexi saw Mason pulling Juliet out the door and turned away from Kyle. "Bastard. You can't use them to threaten your own son; you shouldn't have to control him. You weren't a good father, you were a horrible one and he doesn't agree with what you're doing. He shouldn't have to" Lexi shouted at him.

Kyle snapped out of his thought, pulling her away from the door. "Stop it! Right now!" Kyle chastised as he pulled her backwards.

"Sonyour wife" Mason threatened as he turned to Alexis. "You're a lucky girl, if he wasn't so concerned with dealing with you himself I'd make you see sense, child"

Lexi shivered but Kyle didn't comfort her, he was glaring at his father as Mason pulled Juliet out the door.

"Kyle"

Kyle turned to Alexis, his face was filled with anger, and he took a step back as she moved forward. Kyle didn't know what to say to her, his mother was about to get...he knew what was about to happen to her was because he challenged his father. "Don't. I'm furious, I don't want to hurt you" Kyle warned and Lexi nodded as tears rose in her eyes. "What the hell has gotten into you, is this some sort of joke?"

Heath stepped forward to stand beside Alexis as if to protect her. "She's your wife, back off man"

Kyle crossed his arms and glared at him. "My wife caused a lot of trouble just then, as did I. Just stay out of it, Heath"

Ruby stepped forward as Kyle grabbed his jacket. "Where are you going, Uncle Kyle?"

Kyle turned to look at her. "I have to go after my father, deal with this mess" Kyle told her, but what he really needed to do was protect Charlie.

"Kyle, you want to go after him? Are you insane?" Casey asked, he was staring at his older brother in shock.

Lexi glanced up. "Can I come?"

Kyle didn't hesitate as he glanced at her. "No. You're going to wait in my room, think about why you seem to be hell bent on destroying everything. When I get back we are going have to discussion about what consequences you get this time"

Lexi sighed as she stepped forward, he didn't step away, he glanced down at her. "I'm sorry, Ky"

Kyle mumbled to himself as he pulled her into his arms. "Do me a favour while I'm gone?"

Lexi nodded against his chest. "They're going to have a few questions, answer the ones you think I would deem safe"

Lexi nodded as he kissed her head. "I love you, Ky. Please don't be angry with me, I didn't mean to shout at him"

"But you did" Kyle sighed. "You said some things that I can't let you get away with, he's going to take this out on them" Kyle lifted her chin and smiled softly. "We'll talk about it after, I'm always fair. Have I ever punished you if I could avoid it?"

"No"

"That's what I thought. I love you, Lex. You know that, never doubt it" Kyle said as he kissed her softly.

^..^

Charlie laid down on the bed on her side, her face buried in her pillow as she sobbed, her pregnant belly of seven months intruding as she tried to hug the young infant beside her, but she couldn't grasp him properly. Every time she so much as glimpsed at him she saw the Braxton face.

"Charlie" Kyle exhaled as he pulled Lexi into the bedroom and shut the door behind them.

"Go away Kyle, leave me alone" Charlie sobbed.

Kyle shook his head as he brought Rocco up into his arms and passed him to Lexi. "Feed him" Lexi nodded as she turned around. "And Alexis?"

"Yes?"

"Stay out of view of the cameras"

Feeling the bed dip Charlie shook her head and raised her hand to push him away. "No! No!"

Kyle sighed as he pulled Charlie up and into his arms. "CharlieI didn't know, I swear" Kyle breathed. "My father, he brought Rocco here, I didn't know what he was doing"

"Why Kyle, why is he doing this to us?" Charlie cried and Kyle frowned.

"I don't know, I promise you I will find away to get you home"

"He'll kill us, kill you, if you help us escape"

"I can't let you spend the rest of your life here, Charlie, you're about to have my niece and nephew. Rocco is going to grow up without his parents, all because my father wants to keep me here"

"He can't bring Ruby here, or Brax, god Kyle don't let him touch my family" Charlie said as she pulled back, Kyle looked at the sheer terror in her eyes and nodded.

"Charlie"

Charlie whipped her head back and forth frantically. "They can never know I'm alive and being kept hostage, they can never know that your father is part of the mafia. Once they know I'm alive" Charlie breathed heavily. "Brax will get himself killed. Kyle, promise me that they will never find anything out"

Kyle rubbed a hand over his face. "Charlie, I can't promise that, I could use there help"

"No! I would rather stay in this hostage situation, prison then let Brax get involved. I said no, Kyle" Charlie said firmly as she wiped her tears away. "So help you if you tell them, I can't control much but I am controlling this" Charlie said as Lexi entered the room. "Alexis; you have to help me, he can't tell them" Charlie pleaded and Lexi frowned.

"Iwhat are you talking about?" Lexi asked.

Kyle shook his head as he wrapped his arms around Charlie. "They won't find out because I'll protect them from it" Kyle promised as he kissed her head. "I promise you, they'll never know"

"Never know I'm alive? Promise me Kyle, I can't let your father kill them" Charlie whispered into his shoulder.

"I promise"

Charlie pulled back a little. "And Rocco?"

"If my father ever leaves this house, then I'll find a way to take him home" Kyle promised and Charlie nodded as she hugged him. "I could take you when I take him"

Charlie shook her head. "He'll find me, like he did before or he'll go after Ruby, Brax even. No Kyle, I stay and Rocco goes home, please?"

"Okay"

^..^

Please Comment.

You all know how Lexi is being punished right? Or would you prefer I make it clearer in coming chapters? :)

Answer to Questions: Kyle doesn't rape Lexi. He spanks her.

Chapter Nine:

Charlie screamed as Kyle walked into his father's study, the old man was towering over her as she sat ridged in the chair across from his desk, her right hand held her cheek as it was turning red.

Kyle fumed as he stared at his father, he had made it clear before that no harm was to come to Charlie, just as no harm was to come to Alexis, at his father's hand.

"Son, what do you want?" Mason asked as he glanced in Kyle's direction, a murderous look in his eyes.

Kyle simply masked his emotions as he stared at his father. "No one lays a hand on Alexis, apart from me" Kyle stated, he'd come across his wife on his way up the stairs, a red cheek and tears pouring. "As for Charlotte, I thought I made myself clear father. I don't want her in harm's way" Kyle said as he walked over to the desk and pulled Charlie gently from the chair by her arm. "I'm doing what you asked; in return you don't to touch them. You agreed, as a businessman I expect you to uphold that agreement"

Charlie glanced up at Kyle, her eyes stinging with tears. "KyleI"

Kyle didn't look at her; he kept his eyes trained on his father. "Hush, Charlotte" In private he would call her Charlie, but not around his father.

Mason moved back to his chair and looked at his son, rubbing his chin. "You told me that you would keep them both in line, my agreement voids if you can't maintain a structure"

Kyle tensed, he didn't particularly like the control he had over Alexis, over time he had grown to accept it slightly but he still had issues, the thought of having to control Charlie, he didn't want thathe loathed the idea.

"Kyle" Charlie whispered, trying to pull him from his thoughts.

Kyle glared slightly at his father. "You don't touch them, I deal withI deal with their transgressions my way" Kyle reiterated and Mason nodded slightly.

"See that you do. You wife has tried to escape her fate here once, she tries again then I won't guarantee that she will live" Mason told him as his eyes flickered to Charlie. "As for her, she tries to leave then I won't give a second chance. I can always replace her with someone else, someone like Bianca or perhaps one of your brothers. Just to keep you in line"

Kyle tried to keep his body from shaking with anger; he could see Charlie beside him quivering with fear. "No need for that, father, no one is trying to escape. Just remember the agreement" Kyle said as he grasped Charlie's hand and swiftly pulled her from the office, shutting the door firmly behind him.

Charlie glanced up when she heard Kyle huff, she couldn't quite understand whether it was in anger or relief. "Kyle"

Kyle shook his head. "Alexis is with the Rocco and the babies, we can talk once we get you back to the guest house"

Charlie raised her eyebrow as she let him guide her down the halls. "You mean my prison"

Kyle ignored her comment as he saw his mother slipping out of the library, she had a bruise along the side of her right cheek, the sadness filled her facial features as she saw him. He wanted to speak to her, to pull her into a hug and tell her that he loved her even if she had helped bring him into his house as a child. Kyle knew it wasn't her fault.

But instead of speaking, he just nodded slightly and guided Charlie passed her, he saw the ghost of a tear streak down his mother's cheek. The thought of her crying because of him, it made him feel guilty but he didn't want to **** his father off more. It was made clear that he would have minimal contact with his mother, simply because Mason thought Juliet would coddle him.

Charlie glanced up. "Was that your, mother?"

Kyle nodded shortly. "Yes"

"I didn't know you had one"

Kyle frowned. "There is quite a bit you don't know, Charlie" Kyle muttered as they arrived at the guest house.

"Lexi?" Charlie called out as soon as they passed by the two men standing outside the front door, Lexi emerged seconds later.

Her cheek was still red as she walked over to greet them, leaning into Kyle's embrace as he offered her a hug. "I missed you, I thought you weren't coming home for another few days" Lexi murmured, Kyle had been away on business, but he was suddenly thankful he arrived home early.

"Missed you too baby" Kyle kissed her head.

Charlie coughed. "Excuse me, get a room or something"

Lexi giggled as she hugged Charlie. "Are you okay, seriously?"

Charlie shrugged. "I am older; you're basically my daughter's age. I worry about you, not the other way round. Are you okay?"

Lexi grinned as she nodded. "I'm fine, angry"

Kyle opened the fridge and pulled out a beer. "Well don't go showing it, okay Lex? I've had just about enough today" Kyle muttered as he sat down at the table. "What exactly did you two do?"

Lexi shifted slightly. "Can you not ask?"

Kyle sighed but rubbed his forehead. "Fine, just don't do anything stupid" Kyle said as he turned to Charlie, his eyes were filled with regret. "No matter what, I will not do what he wants me to. You're not Lexi, Charlie, you are your own person and I won't ruin that by taking control. Just try and play by the rules and if I do get a little firm in front of my father just go with it. But I am going to promise you, he will never hit you again, you'll leave this place before I let him touch you"

^..^

Kyle slammed the front door of his parents guest house, the house Charlie lived in, he didn't want to but he knew there was only one way to calm the situation.

Stalking down the hallway, he saw little feet sticking out from under the kitchen table, two pink shoes.

"Stella?"

The little girl, with a mop of dark brown curls and crystal blue eyes, just like her mother stuck her head out from under the table. "Uncle Kyle?"

"Angel, why are you under the table?" Kyle asked concerned and Stella climbed out, her pink dress fanning out as she jumped into his arms.

Kyle sighed as Stella buried her face in his neck. "Uncle Kyle, your daddy" Stella whispered and Kyle glanced towards the stairs,

"Where is my daddy, baby?" Kyle asked, at almost three years old, Stella still struggled with words sometimes.

"With mama"

Kyle's eyes glowered as he placed Stella back on the ground. "Where are Rocco and Hayden?"

"Hiding" Stella giggled and Kyle nodded, her innocence was adorable but he feared for Charlie. "In Rocco room"

"Okay angel, I want you to go to Rocco's room, okay?"

Stella shook her head. "Uncle Kyle, you read story"

Kyle sighed. "Not now, angel, this is important. You go hide with Rocco, like hide and seek, I'll find you"

"Promise?" Stella asked, holding out her pinkie, Kyle took it, pinkie promising.

"I'll always find you"

As he watched Stella run down the back hall to Rocco's room, he spun around. The thud was loud as Charlie was shoved onto the floor in front of him; Kyle was stunned as he glanced up to see his father glaring at him.

Kyle tapped his foot once on the ground, it was a warning to Charlie to stay down, she glanced up at him but Kyle didn't look at her.

"Father, this isn't necessary. What happened at the house, itit won't happen again" Kyle promised and Mason simply arched his eyebrow.

"And I should trust you son? Why, you are leaking secrets about my life to those pathetic brothers of yours" Mason chided, Charlie glanced up in fear.

"Kyle" Charlie exclaimed Kyle glanced down; she saw the rage in his eyes surrounded by concern.

Kyle hoped she would understand what he was trying to convey. "Shut up"

Charlie bit her lip, but understood the meaning behind his words, she stayed silent and still. She was confused about what was happening, but knew that with Kyle here, she was protected.

"This is what I have been talking to you about, son. I will not have a simple girl, speaking to my son like that. I will not have Alexis running her mouth and you" Mason reprimanded as he stepped forward threateningly. "I will not have you thinking that my rules, my orders, don't apply. You're coming home; my orders regarding those idiotic brothers of you are void. Get Alexis and return, you're not back by noon tomorrow, she dies" Mason stated deadly as he pointed to Charlie.

"Father"

Mason sneered. "Do I make myself clear?"

Kyle nodded. "Yes"

It was all it took for Mason to leave but not before he advanced towards Kyle and knocked him backwards with a right hook to his jaw. "Think of it as incentive" With that he was gone.

Kyle stumbled but caught this footing as he leaned against the table; a hand holding his jaw, Charlie glanced up, a questioning look in her eyes. "Can I?"

Kyle pushed himself forward as he extended his hand. "Of course" Charlie slipped her hand into his as he pulled her from the floor. "Sorry, it was just better if you stayed down and out of the way"

Charlie nodded. "I know, I trust you. Why's he so angry? Why did he mention your brothers?" Charlie asked as she touched the side of his jaw, Kyle pushed her hand away gently.

"Don't worry about me, Charlie"

Charlie raised an eyebrow. "How can I not? You're my saviour" Charlie teased as she went to grab some ice.

"Don't" Kyle muttered.

Charlie turned back to him. "It'll help"

Kyle shrugged. "He'll want to see the full effect of what he did; the bruise is a small price not to get punched again, right?" Kyle said, and Charlie crossed her arms.

"I don't like it"

Kyle chuckled. "Neither do I, but it's easier then dying right" Kyle said and Charlie sighed as she sat down at the table, he sat down beside her. "I missed you, you know"

"You saw me yesterday"

Kyle rolled his eyes. "You know what I mean, and I'm going to miss you even more"

Charlie glanced up in confusion. "Why? Where are you going?"

Kyle shook his head. "Not where I'm going, where you're going. It's time I do what I've wanted to do all these years, you're going home"

Charlie frowned; she knew how dangerous it would be. "No! No! What the hell?" Charlie asked as she stood up, her chair falling to the ground. "Are you trying to get yourself killed? Kyle, your father is going to kill you"

Kyle shrugged. "Does it matter?"

Charlie looked appalled, she wanted to smack him across the head but knew his father would have people watching, the last thing she wanted was for Mason to walk back in. "Of course it matters, Kyle, you can't die. What would I do without you? What about Stella, Hayden, Rocco? For god sakes, Kyle, what about Lexi?"

Kyle glanced up at her. "I can't let you stay here anymore, if this past year has taught me anything, it's that I'm never going to escape my father. You are, I'm making sure of it" Kyle said as he stood up. "And I know just how we are gonna do it"

Charlie ran a hand over her face. "We aren't allowed out of this house without you, and those two idiots that guard the door. We aren't allowed out of the freaking compound encase some recognizes us"

Kyle walked over and pulled her in for a hug. "Do you trust me?"

"Yes, I always have, you know that. Kyle, what are you planning?" Charlie asked and Kyle shook his head.

"It's better if you don't know, go get the kids ready"

Charlie pulled back from the hug and arched her eyebrow. "Is that an order, Kyle Bennett, because I do not like this idea, I am not leaving you here alone, I'm not going"

Kyle sighed. "Charlie, you're going, now get those children ready. If you want to consider it an order then you can, and that means you have to do it"

Charlie bit her lip; Kyle could see the sadness in her eyes. "How will we know if you're safe? We'll never see you"

Kyle smiled reassuringly. "I tell you the same thing I tell Ruby and the kids, I'll always find you, so you'll always see me. I'll never be far, Charlie, I'll just keep watch from a distance; it'll be safer that way. But you need to go home, to Ruby and Brax, they miss you"

Charlie sighed. "We have to talk about that, what do they know? I told you I didn't want them involved"

Kyle nodded. "I know, but I didn't have a choice. They know nothing except my father is dangerous, Lexi let it slip that he's killed and they know I control her" Kyle said with a shrug.

"Lexi, did what?" Charlie shrieked. "I'm going to kill her"

Kyle chuckled. "Would you relax, she got in enough trouble. I've sorted it. Now, will you please agree to go home?"

"Are you're really coming back here?" Charlie asked as she gestured to the surroundings.

Kyle nodded. "I have to, but it's safer if you leave. Safer, for Stella, Hayden and Rocco"

Charlie sighed in agreement, it would be safer for her children, it was a cheap blow from Kyle but she knew deep down she had to agree. "Okay. What's the plan?"

^..^

Please Comment

Archived