Fixable?

Guest Melbelle94

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter Eight:

One Year On:

Cheryl took a deep breath as she looked at the window onto the small courtyard, the psychologist didn't push her. They'd been working together for almost two years, but still something's were hard to talk about. Her pressure topics were why Brax took Casey away, and the real story of Casey's genetics. She didn't like to think about that Brax had heard that night, it wasn't for his ears. It was proven when he'd gotten it all wrong, when he didn't give her a chance to explain.

"Cheryl, do you want to end today's session? Is this too much?"

Hearing James's voice brought her out of her daze. "No. I...how do I love again after Casey, he was my world. My baby"

James looked at her as she turned around. "Do you forgive, Brax? We've spoken about this"

Cheryl sighed as she leaned against the window frame. "I can't, I can't forgive him yet. He didn't give me a chance to explain what he heard. Casey is my son, not biologically but he's mine"

James nodded. "I know, the love you have for Casey is deep. Are you aware of who is biological mother is, Cheryl?"

Cheryl hummed as she looked back out the window. "Yes. Yes I know who is biological mother is. She has a son. I would have taken them both but Danny only wanted the one, thought he could make Casey into his sidekick. Backfired when Casey turned out to be nothing like him" Cheryl picked that the bracelet on her wrist. "I couldn't have any more children after Heath, but I was so desperate I thought one more child could bring us together as a family, that Danny would change. Casey. It wasn't perfect but his mother didn't want twins and Danny only wanted the one. I love Casey"

James smiled reassuringly. "I know. I want you to try and open your heart up a little more, we've spoken about it, and this week I want you to try"

Cheryl rolled her eyes. "I know how to love. I have a son who is getting married next year, a granddaughter and a soon to be step granddaughter. I can love"

James chuckled at her tone. "I'm aware but I want you to be open to love"

^..^

"Heath, can you get the door?" Cheryl shouted from the kitchen.

Heath groaned as he pulled away from Bianca, she bit her lip to keep from laughing at his frustration. "You serious, Ma? What you doing?"

Cheryl laughed causing Heath to roll his eyes. "Cooking with my granddaughters" Cheryl told him.

Heath couldn't help but grin at how quickly she'd accepted April. He still couldn't believe after two years that he was still with Bianca about to tie the knot, become solely connected to one another. He hadn't thought it was possible to love again but Bianca had changed all that, she fell in love with him and Darcy, accept them for who they were just as he did for her and April. He wouldn't say it was easy, they fought and struggled but he loved her.

Cheryl loved her.

Heath shook his head at his thought that even Connie loved Bianca, she had told him sternly that it was okay to love again and that Bianca was a better choice than the hundreds of sluts that walk around begging for his attention.

"Go on babe" Bianca told him as she traced her fingers over his Blood & Sand tattoo, bringing him out of his daze.

Heath groaned as he got up, helping Bianca to her feet quickly so she could make her way to the kitchen. Opened the door to see a young kid standing with a lady who was dressed formally, Heath frowned. "Can I help you?" Heath asked after a moment.

The lady pushed her glasses up on her face properly. "Are you a Braxton?"

"Yeah. I'm Heath Braxton"

"I'm Francis Jones from social services; this young man here is Kyle Braxton, your half-brother"

Heath looked at the kid who shifted slightly under Heath's gaze. "Half-brother? Who's his parents?"

"A Jennifer Bennett and Danny Braxton are the biological birth parents. I am looking for your mother Cheryl Braxton as Danny's wife she is the only person left to contact regarding Kyle's placement"

Heath shook his head. "What?...Wait, how old is the kid? What do you mean his placement?"

Kyle glanced up. "I'm ten. My mum's dead and I got no one to live with"

Heath looked at the sadness on the boy's face and motioned to the door. "Come in" Heath shut the door behind them and moved into the house. "Mum, can you come out here?" Heath called.

He was confused, angry slightly. Danny had cheated on his mother. Cheated. Heath couldn't believe it. He didn't understand.

And he had another brother. Heath glanced at the young kid in front of him shifting around, his brown hair moving around slightly, it was clear a haircut was in order. Heath frowned as he looked closer; he was ten, the same age as Casey was.

"Is everything alright, Heath? Please tell me you didn't break anything" Cheryl said as she rounded the corner, her eyes widening a little. "Sorry, can I help you?"

Francis nodded. "I hope so. Are you Cheryl Braxton?"

"Yes"

"I am here regarding Kyle Braxton; he is your husband's child. His mother died two nights ago and we are looking for a placement, you and your sons seem to be the only living relatives"

Cheryl's heart tightened the mention of the words sons, reminding her of her two missing boys, her Casey. Heath reached out and wrapped his arm around his mother's shoulder offering her support.

But it wasn't what shocked her the most, what shocked her deep to the core was the child standing in her living room, the child she thought would only ever be a distant memory. She remembered his chubby features and brown eyes from the moment she laid eyes on him as a newborn and then suddenly he was standing in her living room, ten years later with nowhere to go.

Cheryl cleared her throat. "Living?"

Francis nodded. "Since Danny is currently imprisoned we are seeking a permanent home for Kyle, you are inline otherwise we must seek out one of your sons"

Cheryl glanced down at Kyle, she could see the look of sadness clouding his eyes, the same look she knew clouded her own when Casey was taken away. It was the pain of losing someone forever, it almost destroyed her, and she could only imagine what it was doing to a child.

Any hate she had for Danny was let go, she knew all the years that he had had an affair, it had given her a wonderful gift.

"Mrs Braxton?"

Cheryl shook her head. "Of course, he's welcome. He's family" Cheryl spoke and Heath glanced down at her clearly shocked.

"You sure bout this Ma?"

Cheryl nodded; she knew she couldn't let Kyle leave the house, not after seeing him again. He was family, he always had been. "It would be nice to have another young one around, I can't replace Casey, but I can share my heart again. It's all about healing, my psychologist says" Cheryl told him and Heath rolled his eyes, but the hurt was clear at the mention of Casey.

"Welcome to the family kid! Wanna meet your nieces?"

^..^

Brax braced himself on the bed, looming over Charlie with a grin on his lips. She giggled as he leaned down and kissed her neck, before placing small kisses along her collarbone. He couldn't believe she was with him, in his bed, after everythinghe never thought he would get the happiness he thought he deserved.

"I love you" Charlie whispered as she leaned up and nuzzled her face into his neck.

Brax sighed as he leaned down and kissed her on the lips lightly, pulling her arms up and over her head. "I love you, Charlie. I really love you"

Charlie giggled as he placed a kiss onto her nose. "Mmh, shall we" Charlie teased as she grinded her hips upwards.

Brax bit his lip as he leaned down, breathing warm air against her cheek. "We shall, babe"

"Mum!"

"Brax!"

Brax groaned as the banging came from outside the bedroom door, he rolled off Charlie and onto the bed, lying on his back. "They have great timing" Brax muttered sarcastically.

Charlie just laughed as she pulled the blanket back over her body just as the door flung open and the two ten year olds jumped onto the bed dressed in their pyjamas.

"What can we do for you two?" Charlie asked with a smile.

Ruby grinned as she jumped onto Brax causing him to breathe in a gulp of air. "We are hungry, Brax"

Brax breathed out and nodded. "Yeah, yeah. You two are always hungry" Brax said as he leaned forward and tickled Ruby causing a loud giggle to escape her lips.

"Brrrraaaaxxxx!" Ruby exhaled as she thrashed around on the bed.

Casey laughed as he curled into Charlie's side; they had bonded slowly over the past year but after time he had come to spend more time with her then Brax.

"What are you laughing at Casey?" Charlie asked with an amused look as she moved to tickle him causing an outbreak of chuckles.

"Mum!" Ruby exclaimed as she moved to save Casey. "Don't tickle him!"

Brax chuckled as he moved and scooped Ruby up. "Where you going, princess?"

"Brax! Brax!" Ruby shouted Brax tossed her over his shoulder and spun around in a circle. "Daaaaaaaaaad! Ruby squealed loudly.

^..^

Authors Note: Let me know what you think.

Next Chapter:

One year on.

Heath's big day.

Are Brax and Charlie about to get serious?

Chapter Nine:

One Year On:

Heath stood under the white arch looking down the aisle as his girls came into view. Walking along the sand in white cotton dresses that reached their knees, red bows tied around their waists.

Darcy threw red rose petals from her white basket onto the ground in front of her; the seven year old couldn't wipe the grin off her face. Heath couldn't believe how happy his daughter was, how easily she had accepted Bianca and April into her life, their lives.

Heath glanced to the right, April moved beside Darcy smiling. The eleven year old was much different to the eight year old he'd met three years ago. She actually believed in the family she had now, she now believed that all people weren't like her biological mother.

As they took their spots the music started to play softly and Heath smiled nervously in anticipation, and as he looked down the aisle he saw her. On the arm of eleven year old, Kyle, the only guy in her life that was family enough to give her away. She took his breath away as she slowly paced towards him, her white dress descending to the ground, strapless as it clung tightly to her breasts. Her honey blonde hair curled loosely, framing her face before flowing down her back. He could see her hands shaking nervously, one clutching at Kyle's arm; the other held a bouquet of white flowers close to her mid-section.

Heath wiped his hands nervously on the front of his black suit as he stepped forward, gently talking her hand from Kyle's, winking at the kid as he did so.

Kyle reached up and kissed Bianca's cheek before turning to Heath sternly. "Look after her"

Heath chuckled. "Will do, mate" Heath said as Kyle took his spot as best man. "You look stunning" Heath whispered.

Bianca blushed. "You scrub up alright yourself" Bianca told him softly, her eyes lighting up as they turned to face the celebrant.

"Ready?" Heath asked.

Bianca nodded. "Ready" She confirmed.

"Today we have gathered to witness the marriage of Heath Braxton and Bianca Scott, a couple who wish to spend the course of their lives together"

Heath glanced at the celebrant and grinned. "Can we get to the good stuff?"

The celebrant giggled. "As I was saying, who here gives Bianca Scott to Heath Braxton?"

April smiled as she stepped forward. "I do. You better look after her dad"

Heath nodded. "I will, kiddo"

"And here gives Heath Braxton to Bianca Scott?"

Darcy stepped forward along with Cheryl and Kyle. "We do"

Heath looked into the crowd, meeting eyes with Connie as she sat in the front row, nodding her approval. He smiled softly at her knowing she wanted nothing other than happiness for him, it made it a little easier on him knowing that as Tegan's mother she was okay with what he was doing.

"Heath has written his own vows for this special day, which he will share with Bianca now"

Heath looked Bianca in the eye as he cleared his throat and gently squeezed her hand. "I never thought I'd find love again, I thought I'd been destined to raise my daughter alone until I saw you screaming like a lunatic" There was a round of laughter as Bianca hit his chest lightly. "Kidding. In all seriousness, you've changed my life. Bianca you've taught me how to love again, you make me want to show my hopeless romantic side and be the best father and husband I can be. I vow to always be here for not only you but our two crazy but beautiful daughters as we grow and build our family. Thank-you for coming into my life and showing me what love is"

Tears streamed down Bianca's cheeks as she hurried to wipe them away, taking a deep breath as she took her turn to speak. "I didn't know you were such a softy" Bianca tease as she gather her thoughts.

Heath chuckled, using the back of his thumb to wipe away a tear trailing down her cheek before taking her hand again.

"I didn't believe in love at first sight, until you. You stopped April from running into the sea unable to swim, if I'm completely honest in that moment you had me. I couldn't deny it then and I don't want to deny it now, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to make a family, make a million wonderful memories because I need you, you're my other half. Together we are stronger, our love is the key to our happiness. Thank-you for coming into my life, thank-you from bringing Darcy into it, thank-you for loving April as your own. I could go on but I want you to know I love you, together forever, my love"

Heath leaned in and stole a quick kiss causing a round of chuckles as Bianca pushed him away. "Heath, the kissing comes later" Bianca exclaimed.

Heath shrugged. "Sorry woman, you just confessed your love for me"

Bianca laughed. "I've loved you for the last three years"

"Rings?" The celebrant asked.

Kyle moved forward and handed a ring to each of them. "Thanks best man" Heath said as nudged Kyle's shoulder, the younger brother grinned at him.

"Do you Heath Braxton take Bianca Scott to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do" Heath spoke, grinning as Bianca slid the ring onto his finger.

"Do you Bianca Scott take Heath Braxton to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do" Bianca spoke as Heath slid the ring onto her finger, another tear escaping her eye.

"I take honour in this part" The celebrant said as she smiled at the couple. "I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride"

Heath didn't need to be told twice; he stepped forward and wound both arms around Bianca's waist. Pulling her body into his, he leaned down and brought their lips together, he kissed her softly once before crashing his lips to hers and claiming all he could. Bianca smiled into the kiss as she slipped her tongue into his mouth.

Pulling away the guests clapped Heath rested his forehead on Bianca's. "I love you"

"I love you too" Bianca spoke as she felt to arms encircle her waist, looking down she smiled at Darcy.

"I love you, mummy"

Bianca leaned down and scooped the little girl into her arms. "I love you more, baby"

Heath looked at his wife and daughter as he hugged April, they were his family and to him it couldn't be any more perfect.

^..^

Bianca swirled her straw around in her drink as she sat back and watched Heath in the middle of the dance floor with April and Darcy, doing some crazy moves and basically knocking the guests onto their bums. She couldn't help but smile though, not just at their behaviour but at the love they seemed to have for each other.

"Bianca"

Bianca glanced up as Connie slid into the booth across from her, she was smiling softly. In three years they'd formed an understanding, a bond. It was clear to Bianca that Connie was a part of Heath's life, a part that couldn't be ignored. Bianca accepted that and Connie had been nothing but kind to her, kind to April. She'd even gone as far as to have April over when she had Darcy.

It sounded weird to most people that they could be so involved in each other's lives, but Bianca didn't mind. Connie had no one; she needed the love and support of a family.

"Hi Connie, how are you?"

Connie shrugged. "Fine. I just wanted...I don't know how to say it but please don't hurt him. You've come this far, I understand that but he's being through so much. Cheryl and I couldn't stand to see him hurting again"

Bianca nodded. "I know. I'm never going to hurt them. The three of them are my life" Bianca told her.

Darcy and April were by the table in seconds as Cheryl approached as well. "What are my granddaughters doing?" Cheryl asked.

April grinned. "Come dance, Nanna" April begged Cheryl.

Darcy grabbed Connie's hand. "Come on, Gran" Darcy pleaded as she gave Connie a million dollar smile.

"I don't know" Connie teased as April took her other hand.

"Please?"

Connie glanced at Cheryl and winked. "How could I say no, to you both?" Connie asked as was dragged towards the dance floor.

"Baby, come have a drink with your husband" Heath murmured as he pulled Bianca up into his arms.

"Husband" Bianca hummed. "I like the sound of that"

^..^

Brax walked through the front door and dumped his keys and jacket over the couch, he looked exhausted after working at a local restaurant for the majority of the day, he was the cleaner did dishes. Brax knew it wasn't his dream job but it was all he could get these days and it put food on the table.

Eleven year old Ruby glanced up from her spot at the kitchen table where she was working on homework with Casey, she had looked at Brax as a father for the last three years, he made her mother happy, made her smile.

"Hi dad!"

Brax glanced up; stopping running his hand over his face and looked at Ruby with a raised eyebrow. "Yeah, sweetheart?"

"I got something for you"

Brax frowned as he walked over to the table and took the magazine in her hand, his eyes widening. "Rings?"

Ruby glanced at Casey and he nodded so she turned back to Brax. "I want you to marry my mum, please dad!"

Brax rubbed a hand over the back of his head scratching lightly. "UhRubes"

"Don't you love her?"

Brax raised his eyebrow. "Of course I do"

"Marry her"

Casey looked at his older brother. "You ain't gonna find anyone better" Casey told him as he gathered his books. "Just marry her"

Ruby bumped fists with Casey before she stood up, pecking Brax on the cheek. "Marry my mum, make us a family. Nothing is more important than family"

Brax heart broke at the sound of those words, shattered into pieces. He knew he had been the one to rip his family apart.

^..^

Next Chapter:

One year on.

Another important step in for one of the brothers.

Chapter Ten:

One Year On:

Heath walked towards the centre of the room with his right hand covering Bianca's eyes, his left hand shaking nervously by his side as he thought about what he would say to her. It was his future they were about to speak about, his future that they were about to decide on. He wasn't sure how to approach the subject with her, she'd been so busy since becoming principal that he'd become the most immediate parent, always at home for their children. He didn't want that to be this life forever, he wanted to be able to contribute to their future, he wanted to be able to provide for their children. To be able to buy them anything they wanted or needed.

"Heath, what's going on?" Bianca asked as they came to a stop.

Heath breathed deeply. "I want to show you something. Promise, you'll take me seriously?"

Bianca giggled. "Of course baby. Now what's happening?"

Heath dropped his hand from Bianca's eyes and motioned to the restaurant in which she stood. "It's Angelo's but I want to change the name, remodel, change the menu" Heath explained.

Bianca glanced around before looking up at him with wide eyes. "You want to buy Angelo's?" Bianca asked curiously.

Heath nodded, his facial features lighting up. "Yes but I was thinking we could name is Angel's instead of Angelo's, after our two girls" Heath told her but Bianca's smile was enough to let Heath know that she loved the name.

"You realise the amount of work a restaurant is? I mean can we even afford this?" Bianca asked as she walked further into the room and wiped her finger across one of the tables, collecting dusk on her finger.

Angelo's hadn't been open in a year. Angelo had moved away with Nicole and baby George, wanting to start a new life in the city. Bianca had been a little surprised when the restaurant hadn't sold as easy as expected.

"We can more than afford it. What do you say?" Heath asked as he went up and wrapped his arms around her from behind.

Bianca tilted her head and smiled. "I think if you want this, if this is your dream then we should go for it, you should go for it"

Heath grinned. "Are you serious woman?" Heath asked.

Bianca laughed. "I wouldn't say go for it if I wasn't serious. We'll just have to manage things a little better" Bianca told him as she leaned forward and kissed him.

Heath lifted her off the ground and hugged her tightly. "You baby are the best!"

^..^

Twelve year old April hurried down to her bedroom and opened the window, peeking her head out she waved her best friend over and helped her climb in through the window. Both girls breathed heavily as Tamara fell through the window and they landed on the floor with a thud.

April glanced back at the door when she heard shuffling. "What are you doing, April? You better not be putting holes in the walls"

April glanced at Tamara with a panicked expression. "Hide!" April whispered frantically as she helped shove Tamara's bag under her bed, the twelve year old sliding in after it as the door opened. "Hi dad!"

Heath frowned as he saw April sprawled out across her bedroom floor looking at him innocently. "What are you doing on the floor? What was that noise?"

April panicked before looking up to meet his eyes. "I fell of my bed"

Heath chuckled. "Ya goose. Hey, start your homework. I don't need another lecture from your mother" Heath told her as he turned around to leave the room.

"Okay"

As the door closed April breathed a sigh of relief as she saw Tam's head stick out beside her. "That was close" Tamara commented.

April nodded. "I know"

"Hey!"

The girls jumped as they looked over at the window to see Kyle grinning. "Kyle!" April muttered. "Use the front door, dad won't care if your here" April said rolling her eyes.

Kyle huffed as he walked away from the window leaving the girls alone again. "Thanks for letting me hide here April" Tamara said.

April shrugged. "It's okay"

Heath rubbed Bianca's feet as they lay on the couch, she was marking papers while he looked over the lease for Angelo's. The girls had gone to bed about an hour ago but Heath couldn't help but feel as though something was off. He had seen the shift in April's behaviour. How she moved and spoke at dinner. He found it unsettling. He knew shifty behaviour when he saw it. It meant she was up to something.

"Baby are you listening?"

Heath glanced up from the papers unaware he had stopped rubbing her feet. "Hmm-mm"

Bianca raised an eyebrow. "What's wrong?" Bianca asked as she put the essays down.

Heath sighed. "At dinner did you notice anything different with April? She didn't talk, kept looking towards the hallway. Something's not right"

"Are you sure you're not overreacting?"

Heath shook his head. "No. I'm gonna go check on the girls"

Bianca smiled as Heath moved her feet from his lap and got up. "You're a good father, Heath"

"I know" Heath teased.

^..^

Heath opened Darcy's bedroom door to see the eight year old sprawled on in her bed on her stomach sleeping soundly, the blanket kicked off the bed and in a pile on the floor. Heath moved forward and scooped the Tinkerbelle blanket off the floor and laid it over her body. Leaning down he kissed her forehead and smiled as she rolled over and snuggled into her bear.

He walked out of the room quietly to not disturb her and approached April's room, opening the door he saw the twelve year old curled up in her bed with an open book lying on the floor slightly underneath the bed.

Heath just stepped into the room and pulled the blanket up properly and leaned down to pick up the book, his hand touched something else and he sighed as he wondered what April had been shoving under her bed.

Crouching down into his hands and knees he jumped back in fright. "Ahhhh!"

April bolted up as well as Tamara who was under the bed sleeping, hitting her head.

"Owwww!" Tamara moaned.

"Dad?!" April asked panicked.

"Heath! What's happening?!" Bianca asked as she barged into the room flicking on the light. "Tamara?! April, why is Tamara under your bed?" Bianca asked as she looked at April kneeling up in bed looking at Heath with wide eyes, Tamara's head peeking out from under the bed cheeks red from embarrassment.

"What the hell is going on?!" Heath asked when neither girl spoke.

"Dad? Mum?"

Heath and Bianca turned around at the sound of Darcy's voice; she was standing in the doorway holding onto her teddy bear as she rubbed her eyes. "Darcy, let's get you back to bed" Bianca said as she moved forward and placed her hands on Darcy's shoulders guiding her back to her bedroom.

Heath looked at the two twelve year olds. "Living room. Now" Heath told them sternly and both girls scrambled out of the bedroom and down the hall.

Heath sat on the coffee table in front of the two girls; they were sitting on the couch with their knees pulled up to their chests. Their eyes were wide as if they expected him to be angry, to yell at them. Instead he sighed and waited for Bianca to come and join them, taking a seat in an arm chair.

"What is going on? Why aren't you at home with your parents Tamara?" Bianca asked.

Tamara looked up at her with tears burning in her eyes. "Mum and dad left last night. I don't wanna go into foster care"

"So I hid her" April spoke looking at Heath as tears started to spill down both of their cheeks.

Heath sighed. "Why didn't you come to us? I'm so sorry Tam, but you're not alone kiddo" Heath said as he stood up and sat on the couch beside April.

Bianca sat down beside Tamara and took the young girl in her arms. "We are here for you sweetie"

"I don't wanna leave" Tamara sobbed. "I wanna stay in Summerbay"

April looked up at Heath. "Please don't make her leave. I want her to stay, I'll share my room. Please dad!"

Heath glanced over at Bianca as she rocked a sobbing Tamara in her arms; they both knew exactly how it was going to end.

^..^

Next Chapter:

One year on.

Brax takes a big step in building a proper family.

Heath and Bianca are met with a surprise.

Chapter Eleven:

One Years On:

Brax felt tense as he readjusted the white table cloth for the fifth time, his hands were all sweaty as he wiped them on the small napkin. He'd been over the question a thousand times, planned every detail of the night, and spent as much money as he could afford which sadly wasn't much.

Hearing the front door open and close softly Brax spun around and quickly lit the candle in the middle of the table before bending down on one knee. Pulling out the small black box he opened it and glanced up so he could meet her gaze when she entered the room.

"Babe, I know I'm late but traffic was so...oh my god" Charlie dropped the bag she was holding, her right hand flying to her lips as she looked at Brax with wide eyes. "You're on one knee, what are you doing?" Charlie whispered.

Brax grinned. "Proposing if that's alright with you"

Charlie blushed. "Yeah, oh god...you're asking me to marry you?"

Brax chuckled. "Well maybe, can you let me ask first?"

Charlie nodded as she covered her mouth with both hands, her eyes watering. "Go ahead" Charlie murmured.

"Why thank you for your permission" Brax teased. "Charlie, from the moment I saw you I fell under your spell. I wanted to know everything about you, I wanted to be with you in every possible way and I still do. I love you, I love Ruby and I want to make you officially part of our family. I don't want to ever lose you. Will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?"

Charlie sobbed as bent down to the floor to wrap her arms around Brax. "Yes! Yes! Yes!" Charlie whispered into his ear. "I want to marry you, put it on my finger, I want the ring on" Charlie said as she pulled back and held out her hand to him.

Brax grinned as he slipped the ring on her finger, pulling her into a kiss. "I love you, Charlie"

"I love you, Brax" Charlie couldn't help but giggle as she looked up at him. "Charlie Braxton"

"Sounds perfect" Brax murmured into her ear as she through her arms back around him.

^..^

He'd always wanted the house full of children, the wife and even the family dog. All to prove his brother wrong. But time hadn't allowed for that, two years after their marriage Heath didn't think it was ever going to happen. At first it was because they already had two children, they were settling into married life. Then it was because Bianca got a new job as principal at Summerbay High, but once that died down they agreed to make a go of it until Heath had seen the opportunity in the restaurant, but one restaurant had turned to two and then to three. Tamara had come into the family at the same time he brought his first restaurant which put the idea of children on hold until she was settled. It made life busy; too busy that having a baby had been pushed aside.

So that's why he sat in front of the blank tv with his head in his hands, Bianca by his side as they waited for the results of the pregnancy test.

"We'll be okay, right?" Bianca finally asked, breaking through the silence.

"Of course, babe. We can handle another kid. April, Tamara and Darce are older now. Mum and Connie will help out. It'd be sweet" Heath told her, but he couldn't shake the thoughts from him head about how hard it would actually be.

"Heath" Bianca murmured as she held the test out to him, covering her eyes. "I can't look"

Heath took it from her hand, taking a deep breath he glanced down. "Ah...what does two pink lines mean? Is that pregnant or not pregnant?"

Bianca looked at him through the small crack between her figures. "I don't know, get the instructions"

Heath picked the box up from the table and grabbed the small bit of paper, his eyes landing on a picture. "Well the family just got bigger" Heath told her.

"What?" Bianca asked, her voice cracking.

"We're pregnant"

Bianca raised a hand to her mouth and stood up, her face turning pale white. "I'm pregnant?! Oh god. I have a baby growing inside me" Bianca muttered as she took a deep breath. "This can't be happening..."

Heath chuckled. "It is. We're having a kid. Life's about to get a whole lot more interesting around here"

"We can't have a kid, Heath. April, Tamara, Darcy. The restaurants. Work" Bianca panicked.

Heath recognized the look in her eyes as he stood up and walked over to her, gripping the sides of her head. "It's gonna be okay, Bi. We'll make it work"

"I can't have a baby, Heath" Bianca whined. "I can't give birth"

Heath grinned. "Well you're gonna have to, babe. We'll be okay. I promise" Heath told her as he leaned in and kissed her softly on the lips. "We're gonna be fine"

Bianca sighed as she rested her head against his chest. "We have to tell the kids and your mother"

Heath dragged Bianca into his mother's house as she covered her face with her left hand from embarrassment; she couldn't believe that even though the pregnancy wasn't planned he was acting as though it was. He was happily shouting it at the top of his lungs to anyone that would listen. It wasn't that she wasn't excited because Bianca could feel the happiness bubbling within her; it was just that she wasn't sure she was ready to tell anyone.

"Ma, you home? April? Darcy? Tamara?" Heath called out as Bianca tugged on his hand halting his movements.

"Heath, are you insane?" We can't tell them right now. I'm not ready for this" Bianca told him.

Heath grinned. "Can't we tell my mum?" He pleaded.

Bianca rolled her eyes as a small smile graced her lips; she knew how close he and Cheryl were. "Okay, your mum and Connie only. Not the girls"

Heath nodded in agreement. "Okay. Thank-you babe. Mum, you home?" Heath called out again.

The back door few open as thirteen year old, April, ran inside out of breath, her face red from excitement. "Dad. Mum" April exclaimed as she wrapped her arms around them both. "Come on Nanna and Gran are outside. We're playing backyard cricket, wanna play?" April asked as she tugged them towards the back door.

"Mummy! Dad!" Nine year old Darcy called as she sprinted across the grass, throwing her arms around Bianca's waist. "I missed you"

"Bianca. Heath!" Thirteen year old Tamara exclaimed as she hurried across the grass.

Heath chuckled as he hugged Tamara but his eyes were on Darcy as he spoke to her. "You were gone one night, grommet. Didn't you like the movie?"

Darcy shrugged. "It was good. Nanna liked it the most"

Cheryl laughed. "That's probably true"

"Gran, fell asleep" April told them as she plopped down in the chair next to Connie. "I nearly did"

Cheryl poked the teenager in the shoulder. "It wasn't that bad"

Heath chuckled. "Actually, Ma, Connie. I have something to tell you, can we go inside?"

Bianca smiled. "I'll play with the girls. Come on, I'll bat, I am the best"

Darcy giggled. "No you're not, you are very bad!"

Cheryl crossed her arms as she looked at Heath, her eyebrow raised as she clearly expected bad news. "What happened?"

Heath chuckled. "Always expecting the worst aren't you mum?" Heath asked, Connie grinned as she nudged Cheryl.

"Well it is you Heath" Connie teased.

Heath smiled. "Bianca's pregnant!"

Cheryl gasped, her eyes widening. "Are you serious? You better not be kidding Heath Braxton" Cheryl demanded to know.

"We've been waiting for this moment for the last two years" Connie exclaimed.

Heath bounced on his heels as he pulled them into a hug. "I'm serious. We're having a baby"

^..^

Next Chapter:

Rocco.

Archived