Fixable?

Guest Melbelle94

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter Five:

Brax gripped Casey's arms as he thrashed around on the floor, kicking his legs wildly, tears streaming down his cheeks, his whole face flaming red from anger and holding his breath.

"I hate you, I hate you. I want mummy!" Casey screamed in a sudden outburst, his eyes meet closed tightly.

Brax cringed internally with hurt as he tried to calm Casey down by holding him in place. "Casey, it's just us remember, it's just been us for a year now" Brax told him, the four year old was having a tantrum because they were beginning to do mother's day crafts at school.

"No!" Casey shouted as he squirmed around, using his hands to hit Brax. "I want mummy!"

Brax looked down. "She's not here"

Casey kicked Brax's shin in anger. "I want my mummy. I want to go home. Let me go!" Casey shrieked as he pulled free from Brax's grip and ran towards the door.

Brax leapt up from the ground and ran after him, grabbing him around the waist. "Casey"

"I want my mummy" Casey cried in frustration.

Brax bit his lip in anger. "She doesn't want you!" Brax shouted.

Casey stopped struggling and looked up at Brax with wide eye, the tears begun to pour down his cheeks at an alarming rate as he squirmed out of Brax's hold and ran towards the bathroom of the motel. "I hate you!" Casey screamed.

Brax ran a hand through his hair as he dropped onto the bed, staring at the bathroom door. "I didn't mean it, Case, I didn't mean it"

Brax glanced up frantically as he heard the bathroom door creek open, Casey small face came into view, red with tears and bloodshot eyes. Brax opened his arms as Casey sprinted across the room and buried himself into his big brothers arms, hugging fiercely.

"I sorry Brax. I not know mummy not want me" Casey sobbed.

Brax stroked the little boys back, thinking about the words he had spoken. He hadn't meant it but the more he thought about it the more he understood why he had said the words. His knew his mother was probably still a drunk and living at the pokies, or maybe living on the street since he was no longer there to pay the bills. He didn't want that kind of influence around Casey. As she'd said she wasn't even his biological mother.

"Heath no want me either?" Casey asked suddenly.

Brax glanced down at the mention of his other brother. Heath. Brax figured Heath was probably just as much as a screw up as their mother. He had been getting into constant trouble before they'd left. Brax had a feeling that without a doubt Heath would end up in jail or worse dead.

So Brax shook his head and sighed softly. "No. Heath didn't want you either. But that's alright. Us two against the world, right?" Brax asked as he kissed the top of Casey's head.

Casey looked up and smiled. "Yeah. Me and you, like the power rangers?" Casey asked.

Brax chuckled. "Sure mate. We can be the power rangers"

^..^

6 Months Later

6 Months Later

Heath lay on his back, staring at the ceiling with Darcy on his stomach with the blanket covering her. To say he was steaming with pride was undeniable, his daughter, his baby was one. He couldn't believe how quick the year had flown by, how big she had gotten. There were so many things she'd learned to do, so many things they'd done together.

It had been tough, it hadn't been easy. He was a seventeen and still at school, he still hated leaving her in the mornings even if he knew she would be waiting for him when he turned. The long nights when she was a newborn had taken a toll, the nappy changes he admitted were quiet disgusting a times and then there was the constant demand for attention as well as the constant worrying.

But as Heath glanced down at her sleeping soundly on his chest, he knew he wouldn't change it. Darcy had become his everything, her smile, her giggle; her face was enough to cheer him up, to make everything worth it.

"Dada"

Heath opened his eyes and grinned as he came face to face with his baby. "Happy Birthday, Darcy" Heath said as he picked her up by her hips and held her up above him.

"Dada"

Heath nodded. "Yeah baby, daddy's here. You're a big girl today"

Darcy clapped her hands and giggled as Heath lowered her back onto his stomach so she was sitting up. "Na"

Heath smiled at her small saying for Nanna. "Yep Nanna is here. We're gonna have cake and presents" Heath paused at her confused expression. "I love you"

Darcy smiled widely at him as she moved to cuddle him. "Dada"

Heath just grinned with pride. "Yeah baby, daddy has you"

Heath crouched down beside Darcy's highchair and pointed to the candle. Cheryl and Connie stood in front of them snapping pictures at the little girls horrified face; she was absolutely terrified of the candle on top of her cake as it flickered.

Heath just smiled as he looked at his baby girl.

"Come on, Darce, blow" Heath encouraged as he bad a puffing expression.

Darcy looked up at him with tears in her eyes. "Dada" She wailed.

Heath smiled sadly as he picked her up and held her close. "It's okay, baby. Ready watch daddy, dada's gonna blow out the candle for you" Heath told her as he leaned down and blew out he candle.

Darcy squeal as she leaned forward enough in his arms to plunge her hand into the cake, giggle madly. "Dada!"

Heath chuckled to himself as she looked at him, slamming her hand that was covered in cake into his face. Heath couldn't help but laugh as he licked a pick of the pink icing from the corner of his mouth. "Yum. Come here baby, try some for dada" Heath said as he scooped up a bit of the icing on his finger and put into Darcy waiting mouth.

"Yum!" Darcy copied causing laughter to escape Connie and Cheryl's mouths.

"Happy Birthday, Darcy" They spoke in unison as Heath cuddled the little girl close to his chest.

^..^

Authors Note: Let me know what you think.

Next Chapter:

Four years on:

We meet Brax and Heath's love interests.

Chapter Six:

Four Years On:

Heath grinned to himself as he looked down at his four year old daughter. She was scooping the sand up and dumping into a pile building her version of a sand castle. He couldn't help but see the resemblances between her and Tegan but as she was growing she was changing, her personality was forming into its own.

He couldn't believe how much she had changed his life, people still looked at him strangely a twenty year old with a four year old daughter, it was obvious he'd had her young. But Summerbay had been a good change, the people were more accepting, it was a tight community where he could raise his daughter right.

"April. Stop. Wait"

Heath looked up at the sound of a woman's frantic yelling; shaking his thoughts from his mind he leapt up and grabbed a dark haired girl around the waist before she could reach the water. She was no more than eight.

"Hey!" April exclaimed as she tried to wriggle out of his grasp frantically. "Let me go!"

The woman came hurrying down the beach and gripped April by her shoulders, pulling her into a tight hug as Heath let go. "Don't do that. You don't know how to swim, wait for me"

April pouted. "Bianca. I just wanted to go into the water"

Bianca shook her head as she pulled away from the young girl. "You scared me. I told you to wait" Bianca told her sternly as she looked up at Heath. "Thank-you"

Heath shrugged casually as he glanced at April. "You should listen to your mother; you could get into trouble if you're in the water and can't swim" Heath told her.

April glared at him. "She's my adoptive mother, biologically she's my sister" April retorted.

Bianca sighed as she gripped the younger girls shoulder. "April" Bianca warned as she glanced at Heath again. "Thank-you. I'm Bianca and this is April"

Heath nodded "Nice to meet you, the names Heath. You look new around here, Summerbay's a small place and I'd remember your face" Heath inclined his head.

Bianca blushed slightly. "We just moved here from Paris"

Heath looked surprised. "From Paris to Summerbay, interesting"

"Daddy! You help me" Darcy whined as she walked over wrapped her arms around Heath's leg. "Who's that?"

Heath couldn't speak as he looked at the woman in front of him, her blond her blew around gently in the wind as she leaned down to Darcy's height. Heath shifted uncomfortably, it was the first time in four years since Tegan's passing that he'd so much as looked at another woman with the potential of actually wanting to get to know her. He didn't understand why from one simply encounter where she had barely spoken, he felt an attraction. He hadn't felt the pull to anyone other than Tegan. Heath cringed internally, he didn't even believe in love at first sight or any of that fairy tale stuff.

Her voice was what brought him out of his daze.

"My name is Bianca, this is my daughter April. You are just the cutest little girl" Bianca told her causing Darcy to giggle.

Darcy grinned. "My names Darcy Rose Braxton!"

Bianca smiled. "Isn't that a beautiful name?"

Darcy nodded as she turned to April, holding out her hand. "Can you help me?" Darcy asked innocently.

Bianca nudged April slightly with her hip; the eight year old nodded and took Darcy's hand allowing the four year old to lead her. "She is a sweet girl" Bianca spoke.

Heath nodded, as he smiled proudly in Darcy's direction. "She's my everything. Want to sit?" Heath asked as she motioned to the sand.

Bianca plopped down beside him. "April is my everything as well, couldn't imagine life without her"

Heath looked down at her ring finger to see it bare, but then again she looked to be no more than nineteen. "Uh...how are you liking Summerbay?"

Bianca laughed. "Small talk? Seriously?" Bianca asked as she noticed Heath's blush. "How about straight to the point, do you want to go out sometime?"

^..^

Brax held Casey's hand as they walked down the small side street leading to a park, he held on tight as Casey tried to pull away from him. He didn't understand what the boy was so upset about.

"Brax!" Casey whined as he tried to pull away again.

Brax glanced down. "Quit it Case"

"I'm eight! I don't need to hold your hand" Casey said getting mad. "I'm not a little boy anymore"

Brax glanced at the bench as they continued walking, finally letting go of Casey's hand. He was right, he wasn't a little boy anymore, he was growing up into a young boy. He now had his own opinion on things and spoke freely about where they should live. Brax hated that he was growing up so fast.

"My daughter says the same thing all the time"

Brax couldn't help but jump a little as he turned slightly to face the woman standing at his right. "Uh hi"

"Don't worry; I'm not a crazy person. That's my daughter playing with your son, her name is Ruby. I'm Charlie"

Brax smiled slightly, before frowning as if remembering a detail. "He's not my son, my brother actually"

Charlie shrugged. "Doesn't matter, you've done a wonderful job. Is your mother around?"

Brax scoffed. "Nah. She ain't in the picture"

Charlie nodded. "Sorry that was personal"

Brax patted the sand beside him as he sat down. "Don't worry about it. Lived in Melbourne long?"

Charlie smiled. "Since I was born. You knew round here?"

Brax nodded. "Yeah, just moved here from Western Australia, Perth" Brax told her and Charlie nodded.

"They seem to be having fun" Charlie said pointing to the two, eight year olds.

Brax smiled. "Yeah"

Charlie looked at him with an impulsive expression. "I'm going to be straight forward. Would you like to join Ruby and I for dinner tonight? There is something about you, you're handsome, you know"

Brax looked at her with a grin, an amusing twinkle in his eyes. "You clean up alright to" Brax said with a chuckle as he saw her annoyed expression "Yeah, Casey and I would love to"

^..^

Next Chapter:

Time skip, one year into the future.

A step in the right direction for one of our couples.

As you know I am going through the bigger events through the Heath and Brax's lives leading up to the present. Do you have a major event you would like to see? If so I will try to fit it into the story with my own spin on it.

Chapter Seven:

One Year On

Bianca stepped into the house, kicking her nude heels off at the front door and dumping her bag over the back of the couch. She immediately knew something wasn't right, it was unusual for the house to be so quiet. There was no Heath greeting her at the front door demanding a kiss, no daughters running into the room demanding to be noticed.

Bianca glanced around the room, her eyes finally landing on a pick sticky note stuck to the floor between the living room and kitchen. She couldn't help the slight smile that crossed her lips as she walked over and looked down.

Take four steps forward

Bianca giggled as she took the four steps forward and noticed another sticky note stuck to the doorframe leaning into the hallway towards the back end of the house.

Follow the trail of rose petals

Her movements increased in speed as she followed the rose petals lining the way to the backyard, another note stuck to the glass door.

Sit down on the outdoor couch setting

Moving outside, Bianca crawled up to the large spacious outdoor setting nestling back into the cushions curling her feet under her, she couldn't help but giggle at the mystery as her eyes landed on another note stuck to the arm of the setting, reaching over to grab it between her fingers and brought it up to her face.

Get ready, the shows about to begin

Bianca frowned as she looked out onto the open space of lawn filled with a trampoline and swing set, she saw nothing. Confused, she looked down at the note again before hearing shuffling. Looking up she saw nine year old April standing in the middle of the yard holding a large white card with writing.

I love you. I love Darcy. I love Heath. I love our home.

Beside her came to stand five year old Darcy holding her own sign, the card to big it wobbled and April used her left hand to steady it.

I love our family. I love cuddles and kisses. I love it when you read bedtime stories.

Bianca giggled as the girls tossed their cards to the side and bent down to pick up one of the cards from the pile in front of them.

Let's stay together forever

As they tossed the card to the side, they picked up another one.

Let's be a proper family

Can I call you mum?

Can I call him dad?

Will

You

Marry

Him?

Bianca rose her fingers to her lips, holding her breath as they tossed the last of the nine cards to the side, the words lingering in her mind as she waited unsure of whether or not to speak.

"Marry me?"

Bianca jumped the sound of his voice, moving around on the couch to look behind her she couldn't help the gasp that escaped her lips. He was kneeing on the ground surrounded by rose petals, a banner hanging above him. Marry Me, Bianca?

"I know it hadn't been long, two months of friendship and ten months of dating. But you're it Bianca, I will never find another woman like you. I want to spend our lives together. I want to build a family. Will you marry me?"

Bianca beamed couldn't contain the excitement radiating within her body as she jumped over the back of the couch uneasily in her skirt, her foot catching on the back of the couch. Heath leapt forward and caught her. "Yes" Bianca exclaimed as she placed a hand on the back of his head and brought their lips together. "I love you. Yes. Yes. Yes. I want to marry you"

Heath couldn't help his excitement as he stood up, lifting her with him pulling her slightly from the ground as he spun them in a circle, Bianca squealed within his embrace. "I love you, woman!" Heath said as he placed her back on the ground kissing her softly.

They both turned their head slightly at the sound of giggling. April and Darcy were lying on their stomachs, their heads peeking over the back of the couch as they grinned. Darcy showing off her two missing front teeth.

"Yes" April finally exclaimed as she held her hand up to Darcy who hi-fived her.

"Can I call you mummy now?" Darcy whined as she looked at Bianca.

Bianca couldn't help the laugh that escaped her lips as she moved out of Heath's embrace to wrap her arms around Darcy, the couch between them not mattering as they hugged fiercely. "Yes, baby. Yes, you can"

April stood up on the couch back of the couch and jumped into Heath's awaiting arms. "I'm gonna call you dad"

Heath raised an eyebrow with a teasing smile. "You ain't gonna ask?" Heath teased.

"Nup"

"We gonna be a family!" Darcy shouted in excitement as Heath walked over carrying April, he wrapped his free arm around Bianca who was hugging Darcy.

"That's right grommet"

^..^

Next Chapter:

Time skip, one year into the future.

Kyle make his appearance but to which family?

What did you think of Heath's proposal?

As you can see at the moment I am covering main events into the past to lead up to the present, is there any moments you would like to see in particularly?

Archived