He's Different

Guest Melbelle94

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter Five;

Walking through the door later that night Brax looked tired and worn out – looking at the black leather couch he saw Casey and Ruby.
Ruby was curled into Casey side as they watched re-runs of the Simpsons.

Brax grinned slightly at the sight of them and laid his black jacket over the back of a nearby chair.

“Hey kids” Brax said causing them both to look over the back of the couch at him, Casey gave a slight nod and Ruby smiled.

“Hey Brax, how are you?” Ruby asked as Casey turned back to the tv.

“I’m good Rubes; do you know where I might find my wife?” Brax asked and Ruby nodded.

“In the main lounge room with Heath” Ruby said with a small smile and Brax nodded.

“Thanks” Brax muttered as he walked out of the room and into the other lounge room.

Brax wasn’t surprised to see Alarah lying on the couch with her head in Heath’s lap. Brax sighed when he saw Alarah giggling slightly as Heath ran his finger tips down her arm – he used to be okay with their relationship as things worked fine but now that Bianca was involved he didn’t want Alarah screwing with Heath’s chance of a normal relationship and right girl.

Walking over to the couch Brax slapped the back the Heath’s head and glared at him.

“Oww, what the hell was that for?” Heath asked rubbing the back of his head furiously as if trying to take away the sting – he was bobbling around a bit too much at that Alarah straightened up and sat next to him instead.

“Getting arrested” Brax spat glaring at his brother before turning to his wife. “Did you make it disappear?”

“Of course, you shouldn’t underestimate me Brax” Alarah said with a grin as she turned back to the tv. “I am amazing at what I do” Alarah boosted but Brax didn’t look happy.

“Don’t pull a stunt like that again Heath; you don’t need to attract any more attention to yourself. You have already been threatened with jail time” Brax said loudly – you could hear the authority in his voice.

“It was a minor thing Brax, John’s word against Heath. Thanks to me Heath got off” Alarah said as she turned back to the tv.

“Should have seen her Brax, damn it was hot” Heath said with a grin; Brax glared at him and sunk down next to Alarah on the couch.

He didn’t like Heath’s comment but he didn’t feel the need to voice his dislike – instead he simply grabbed Alarah and pulled her onto his lap so she was straddling him.
Alarah groaned at the sudden movement but the look Brax gave her shut her up pretty quickly – he moved his left hand to the back of her head, grabbing a fist full of her hair he pulled her in the direction of his neck.

“Just great; do you have to do that here?” Heath grumbled as he picked up his beer and turned to the tv watching it and trying to forget what was happening next to him.

“Maybe you’ll remember who she belongs to” Brax muttered as he picked up the remainder of Alarah’s beer; he watched tv silently.

Alarah knew what he was doing and she didn’t like it; he was making sure Heath realised exactly what her purpose was and who she belonged to. She didn’t like feeling like a piece of property but it was better just to do it and not argue.

Alarah pulled back from Brax’s neck in surprise as she heard Bianca’s voice behind her – Brax gave her a disgruntled look and she smiled meekly.

“Hey guys; Heath I thought we could go out to dinner” Bianca said to Heath who grunted.

“Yeah; anything to get away from that” Heath muttered as he pointed to Alarah and Brax – Alarah blushed and glanced down.

_X_

It was nearly eight o’clock when Alarah and Brax made their way back into the lounge room from the bedroom and they were surprised to see Bianca sitting on the couch in Heath’s arms – her head resting lazily on his shoulder.
Alarah grinned sheepishly after all she was only in one of Brax’s t-shirts and underwear.

“Hey Bianca” Brax said as he pulled his wife back into him, leaning down into her ear she shivered at his hot breath tickling her ear. “Don’t you screw this up for him, you hear me” Brax said in a low rough voice, Alarah nodded slightly.

“Nice to see you Bianca” Alarah said with a smile and Bianca glance over at her. “Would you like to have lunch tomorrow? I’ll invite Charlie as well” Alarah asked nicely and Bianca nodded.

“I’d love to” Bianca commented and Alarah grinned.

“Awesome, we’ll meet at twelve at Angelo’s” Alarah said as she turned around in Brax’s arms. “Back to bed?”

“I gotta call Sam; make me something to eat” Brax muttered as he kissed her head lightly – Alarah nodded and skipped off in the direction of the kitchen.

“You and Alarah are friends?” Heath questioned Bianca in surprise with a confused look.

“We have met each other a few times. It would be great to get to know her better after all she’s your sister in-law” Bianca said as she leaned up and kissed Heath.

“Oh yeah I guess, might be good” Heath said unsure of what he was actually saying – he wasn’t sure he wanted them to be friends; it could get too complicated if they became friends.

_X_

Alarah sat in a booth at Angelo’s with Bianca and Charlie; she found it nice to be able to sit down and chat with friends - she couldn’t remember the last time she’d sat down just to chat with a couple of girls.
It had been too long.

“You know I think it’s great that you and Heath are finally together, he’s much more mature when he’s with you” Alarah said with a small smile as she grabbed her drink from the table – she heard Bianca scoff.

“Yeah right; he’s like a big kid” Bianca said with a grin as she nudged Charlie with her elbow – Alarah raised an eyebrow at the nervous look her friends were sharing.

“Something up?” Alarah asked and Charlie smiled slightly.

“We want details on your marriage with Brax, we didn’t know he was married” Bianca blurted out and Alarah just giggled.

“What do you want to know?” Alarah asked as she glanced at Brax who was serving a nearby table.

“How long have you guys been together?” Charlie asked as she took a sip of her drink.

“We have known each other since we were twelve, been together since we were fourteen and married since we were nineteen” Alarah said still smiling.

“You said Brax wants me and you can’t deny kissing Heath” Charlie said with an amused look but it still unnerved her especially the idea of Brax and Alarah’s relationship.

“My relationship with Brax started out like any other, we were in love but I guess you could say it changed over time. We still love each other, always will but we are more together now because it suits us. I don’t mind him having an eye on you Charlie and he didn’t used to mind me sleeping with Heath but we stopped because he likes you Bianca” Alarah said and both girls nodded shortly.

“I think I understand, you love him but aren’t in love with him” Bianca said finishing her sentence just as Brax approached the table.

“What can I get you beautiful ladies?” Brax asked with a cheeky grin as he leaned down to kiss Alarah’s head lightly.

“Always a charmer” Alarah said smiling but that smile soon faulted when she noticed Geoffrey King standing in the doorway. “Brax babe, you have a visitor” Alarah said tilting her head in the direction of the entrance.

Brax turned around and there standing in the doorway was Geoffrey King, Brax shook his head. Didn’t this guy understand that he wasn’t selling Angelo’s – after all he’d spent a lot of time working hard to get it.
This guy was persistent though – coming in everyday; a new offer, a new offer that Brax denied every time.

“What’s Mr King doing here?” Alarah asked her voice showing curiosity and Brax raised an eyebrow but shook his head.

“Nothing, I’ll get someone to come over and take your order” Brax said as he turned around from the table and walked towards Geoffrey.

“Mr King? Geoffrey King” Charlie repeated her mouth gaping slightly and Alarah nodded slightly.

“Yeah; but I don’t know what he’s doing here” Alarah clarified for her as Bianca smirked.

“He doesn’t like it when you ask questions” Bianca observed – no doubt from her years of working with kids; teenagers.

“Yeah about being Brax’s wife – there rules. Part of being a Rivergirl as well I suppose, but Brax doesn’t like to be questioned by me or anyone” Alarah said shaking her head as she tried to avoid looking at Brax and Geoffrey.

“I’m sure it has it ups” Charlie offered and Alarah glanced at her with an unreadable facial expression.

“Hmm, I suppose” Alarah said more to herself as she slowly brushed her hand across her cheek trying to forget about the other day.

Brax approached the table and all three ladies looked up at him, Alarah with a concerned gaze.

“Office” Brax said looking down at her and Alarah nodded as she gave the women a small smile.

“I’ll be back in a sec, Heath will keep you company” Alarah said motioning to Heath who just walked into the restaurant – Alarah got up and followed Brax.

When Alarah stepped into the office she saw Brax leaning over his desk – there was a look of authority on his face and Alarah closed the door sensing they needed a quiet space. Brax looked up when he heard the door close and glanced at her with weary eyes.

“He wants this place and he isn’t going to stop until he gets it. Stay away from him, if I know him he’ll be after you next” Brax said as he took a step closer to her – Alarah nodded.

“Sure Brax” Alarah said as she turned to leave but Brax caught her arm.

“I don’t like questions Alarah” Brax warned with a raised eyebrow and Alarah nodded. “Don’t want a repeat of the other day now do we?” Brax asked and Alarah shook her head as he pulled her towards him. “Behave”

“Of course” Alarah muttered as she leaned up to kiss his cheek – Brax let go of her arm.

“Be careful aye” Brax said as Alarah approached the door.

“Always” Alarah assured him.

_X_

When Alarah returned to the table she found Heath and Bianca kissing rather passionately and Charlie sitting on the each of her seat trying to avoid looking at them.
Alarah smirked only Heath would complain about it being done in front of him and then do the opposite by doing it in front of someone.

“Excuse me, get a room” Alarah said laughing as she sat back down and Heath glanced at her smirking.

“Jealous?” Heath asked with a wink and Alarah shrugged.

“As if – I’m fully satisfied. Now shoo, girls only lunch” Alarah said shooing him with her hand; smiling when she heard Heath grumble. He got up and kissed Bianca quickly before laying a kiss to Alarah’s head.

“See ya ladies” He said with a wink as he walked away to the bar.

“Bi that was gross” Charlie complained as soon as Heath left – Bianca just giggled.

“You better not be like that all the time” Alarah warned laughing.

“Maybe” Bianca teased and Alarah threw her napkin at Bianca in response.

“What did Brax want?” Charlie asked but no one spoke as Brax walked up to the table and set the plates down. “Thanks” Charlie said with a small smile – Bianca nodded but was already beginning to eat.

“Thanks babe” Alarah said and Brax nodded as he took a chip from her plate.

“No problem ladies”

“Now he’s gone what about my question” Charlie asked and Alarah shrugged.

“It was nothing, just Riverboy stuff” Alarah said as she picked up a chip and stuck it in her mouth as she tried to come up with another topic. “Really glad to have made friends with you girls. Truth is apart from the boys and also the Riverboys I don’t really know anyone” Alarah said with a shrug. “I really hope this work out” Alarah muttered to herself.

“Are you okay with Brax wanting Charlie?” Bianca asked and Charlie threw a chip at her.

“Shut up” Charlie muttered and Alarah laughed.

“Settle girls, it’s not a big deal. If you make him happy Charlie that’s fine; plus he wouldn’t just stop because I said so” Alarah said with a shrug. “My relationship with Brax has faltered over the years and that is just one reason I chose to seek comfort in Heath – when Brax found out what we were doing he was angry but he also understood because our relationship was changing. Heath didn’t mind being there for me after all he was a ladies’ man but now he has you and I won’t get in the way of that. Heath and I will always be close but no closer than we should be” Alarah told them as she took a deep breath. “Why does Brax want you Charlie? I don’t know, he really likes you but you’re also a cop. You need to figure it out with him – he’ll tell you if you ask” Alarah said as she picked up another chip.

_X_

Sitting on the beach after lunch Alarah took a moment to think things over; why was Brax really after Charlie? Had he fallen in love.
Alarah wasn’t sure she believed that Brax could love again.

Taking a moment to listen to the waves and think about her situation – she was too caught up in the sound of the waves hitting the shore that she jumped upon feeling a hand coming to rest on her shoulder.

Thinking it was Brax Alarah plastered a fake smile on her face and turned around only to be shocked by Geoffrey King.

Alarah went to move away but he quickly grabbed her arm and squeezed tightly – holding her in her place harshly.

“Now, now Alarah I just want to have a friendly chat” Geoffrey said with a sly smile.

_X_

Please Comment

Chapter Six;

Alarah tried to pull out of Geoffrey's grasp but couldn't and as she turned his grip only seemed to tighten she couldn't believe Brax had been right he was after her.

Sighing Alarah knew she had to speak; not that she wanted to.

"What do you want?" Alarah asked shortly her tone identifying that she wasn't happy as she tried to pull out of his grasp.

"Now Alarah try to be polite" Geoffrey said as he crouched down to her level. "I want Angelo's Alarah but Brax seems to be a little resistant to give it to me. I want you to change his mind quickly or bad things will begin to happen" Geoffrey said as he patted Alarah's head with his free hand Alarah tried to pull away as she gave him a look.

"You know full well Brax doesn't listen to me" Alarah said with an unsure facial expression she could see in Geoffrey's facial expression he wasn't satisfied with that answer.

"Make him listen" Geoffrey said slyly squeezing her arm to make an impression.

"Hey A, you okay?"

Alarah glanced up upon hearing the voice and smiled in relief when she saw it was Sam and Brody King removed his hand from Alarah's arm and she quickly got up.

"It was nice to see you Mr King" Alarah said quickly as she nodded in his direction and begun to walk away with the two boys at her side her protectors.

"What was that about A?" Sam asked as his wrapped his arms around Alarah's shaking body as they stood outside the surf club.

"He scared me" Alarah murmured out as she shook her head against Sam's chest.

"Maybe we should get Brax, Sam" Brody suggested as he looked towards Alarah she was as white as a ghost but Alarah pulled out of Sam's arms and shook her head violently she couldn't let Brax know about this.

"No, he told me to be careful, I didn't really listen. We can't tell him about this we are not mentioning it at all; he won't like that I didn't listen" Alarah said looking towards the boys with a determined expression on her face; they were family and she knew if she didn't want them to say anything they wouldn't.

"Okay Alarah just be careful" Sam said with a worried look and Alarah nodded giving them a slight reassuring smile.

"I will but I have to go I promised I would pick Casey up; I'll see you both tonight right?"Alarah asked as she leaned up and kissed both their cheeks.

"Yeah see ya later A" Brody called after her as she started to walk away.

_X_

When Alarah got to Charlie's house to pick up Casey she put on a smile and knocked on the door nervously the encounter with King still had her a little frazzled but when Charlie opened the door in her uniform Alarah's smile got slightly brighter.

"Hey Charlie, how are ya?" Alarah asked as she tried hard to stop her voice from sounding so shaky, Charlie gave a small smile and moved to the side so Alarah could make her way into the house.

"Hey; I'm good, how are you?" Charlie asked as she shut the door and turned to face Alarah.

"I'm okay; would you and Ruby like to come over for dinner tonight? I have already invited Bianca. I thought it would be good for all of us to get together, plus it would give you and Brax a chance to talk" Alarah said finally taking a breath and winking at Charlie Charlie just let out a small laugh.

"Nothing is going to happen between Brax and me; but on the other hand Ruby and I will gladly join you for dinner" Charlie said smiling but her eye quickly caught Alarah's red arm. "Oh my god! What happened to your arm? Did Brax do that?" Charlie asked as she reached forward to take a closer look Alarah glanced down and smiled a little; she liked that she finally had friends who could act concerned. "Alarah?" Charlie asked waving a hand in front of the woman's face.

"No! No of course Brax didn't do that. I bumped into Geoffrey King on the beach it was nothing. Sam and Brody turned up before anything happened" Alarah said rubbing her arm softly.

"You have to report him" Charlie said seriously and Alarah just waved her hand dismissively.

"I love that you're concerned, it's really nice to have a friend who is concern but really I'm okay' Alarah said smiling softly and Charlie nodded slightly.

"If you're sure, but please be careful" Charlie said and Alarah nodded.

"I will, but please don't tell anyone about this" Alarah pleaded as Casey and Ruby walked into the room she saw Charlie nod briefly.

"What the hell has Brax done to your arm?" Casey asked as he released Ruby from his hug he was always picking up on thing especially when they didn't seem right.

"Language Case" Alarah warned and Casey gave a meek nod but raised an eyebrow. "Brax didn't do anything, don't worry about it okay? Can I borrow your jumper? I can't go into the house like this" Alarah said nicely and Casey frowned as he pulled out his jumper and passed it to her.

"Yeah sure, but you have to tell Brax about that" Case said but Alarah shook her head.

"No, Brax doesn't need to know" Alarah said firmly, Casey sighed but knew he wouldn't win an argument.

_X_

When Charlie and Ruby came over for dinner the next night Alarah was surprised to see how well everyone was getting on. Even Heath seemed to be making an effort by keeping his comments to himself and behaving.

But sitting at the table Alarah couldn't help but stay focused on Brax and Charlie she hoped he wouldn't hurt her. She knew it wasn't his intention and he had never laid a hand on a woman other then Alarah but she still worried.

Alarah didn't want to lost Charlie or Bianca as friends they seemed to care.

"How are you feeling today? Your arm I mean" Charlie asked lightly looking over towards Alarah Alarah immediately glanced towards her plate.

She knew it would come out she just didn't expect Charlie to bring it up, she expected Brody or Sam to.

Charlie immediately felt bad she had totally forgotten Alarah didn't want it mentioned.

"Fine thankyou" Alarah said giving her friend a quick small smile and Charlie gave a soft smile back.

"Sorry I didn't mean to" Charlie started but Alarah cut her off with a small fake laugh.

"Don't worry about it, nothing to fuss over" Alarah said she was trying to avoid the gaze of her husband who was seated next to Charlie; there were reasons she didn't want him to find out. Brax was always one to expect his orders to he followed and if by chance something happened he was to be told.

She'd made two mistakes she should have been more careful when it came to King and she should have told Brax.

"What does she mean? What happened?" Brax asked his gaze was concerned; it made Alarah sigh he would be concerned until he found out what happened.

She didn't answer him but she also knew it wouldn't stop him; he'd get the answer he seeked.

"Would you be able to answer my question as my wife seems incapable" Brax asked looking towards Charlie with a soft smile it was the smile that made Charlies heart melt.

"Nothing" Was all Charlie said as she looked away from Brax there was obviously more to it everyone could see that.

Alarah stiffened as Brax leaned across the table to grab the sleeve of her jumper but Alarah quickly pulled away.

"Just stop, everything's fine" Alarah snapped at him as she stood up. "Drink anyone?" She asked as she turned to leave the room but it was Brax who spoke next.

"Alarah" Brax said his voice was firm and Alarah stopped suddenly. "What happened?" He asked again sternly but Alarah just sighed.

"Nothing drop it Brax" Alarah said as she walked out to retrieve a bottle of wine.

She knew by not telling him she would just set him off more and he would be after answers.

Coming back into the room she noticed that no one spoke about before and she was grateful but it didn't escape her eye the look Brax was giving her though he wasn't impressed at all.

"You're a really talented cook A" Ruby said as she rubbed her stomach causing everyone but Alarah and Brax to laugh Alarah managed a small smile.

"Hell yeah" Heath agreed pumping his fist.

"Heath baby don't do that at the table" Bianca said as she rubbed his arm lightly and Alarah did manage a laugh at that the way Heath sat back and sulked slightly.

"I live in a house full of boys, not to mention the Riverboys I have to be talented" Alarah said with a smile. "How about we move into the living room more comfortable" Alarah told them as she followed by everyone got up it didn't go unnoticed by her the way Brax pulled Casey to the side but she let it go and continued to the living area.

"Do you know what happened?" Brax asked as he leaned his against the dark oak table staring at Casey.

"No I don't" Casey said his tone held no nonsense and he turned to walk out.

"Don't lie to me Casey" Brax said in a rough voice; he didn't like that nobody was saying anything.

"I'm not; her arm was red probably bruised by now. I thought you did it" Casey said as he left the room Brax banged his fist on the table and he sighed.

"Sorry; I was just coming to get my phone" Charlie said as she quickly picked up her phone from the table Brax glanced at her.

"Don't be; I'm just frustrated" Brax said as he rubbed his hands over his face.

"Want to talk about it?" Charlie asked nicely she couldn't help it; she wanted to help him; he just looked cute when he was frustrated.

"Unless you know what happened to Alarah, you can't" Brax said though he watched as Charlie looked away nervously. "You know please Charlie you have to tell me" Brax pleaded and Charlie could basically feel her heart melting.

"Geoffrey King he caught her on the beach but Sam and Brody turned up before anything could happen" Charlie reassured him but Charlie could see the anger in his eyes as she rubbed his arm. "She probably doesn't want you to worry"

"She knows to tell me the truth; the boys know when it comes to her they are to tell me" Brax muttered and Charlie rubbed his arm soothingly.

"I bet she's sorry, she probably doesn't know how to tell you" Charlie said and Brax gave her a soft smile.

"I would love to listen to you talk all day; hear your voice but I have to deal with Alarah" Brax said as he pushed off the table and glanced down at her face. "I like you a lot" Brax said as he walked away towards the living room Charlie was stunned but she had this urge to follow Brax.

_X_

Walking into the living room Brax saw Alarah sitting in a chair by the window joking around with Ruby about something silly he noticed the way her hands where curled around her glass holding it tightly.

"Geoffrey King" Brax stated his voice cutting threw the room as he looked directly at Alarah she looked up surprised by his outburst but noticing Charlie standing behind him she just looked down uncomfortably.

Brax didn't particularly care about what she was feeling as he walked over towards her and took the glass from her hand placing it on the corner table his hands returned to her and pushed hers away from the hem of her jumper and grabbed it.

"Brax, we have guests mate" Heath stated but Brax didn't listen he instead pulled the jumper over Alarah's head she just stayed silent knowing it probably wasn't a good idea to argue with him while he was in this mood.

"What's your excuse for not telling me about this?" Brax asked roughly he was giving Alarah a stern look as she tried to cover her bruise.

"I didn't want to freak you out; you told me to be careful. I should have taken you more seriously" Alarah said quietly as Brax pushed her hand out of the way.

"How am I meant to protect you if you insist of lying to me?" Brax asked his hand twitching as if he was going to hit her and Alarah flinched slightly.

"I'm sorry" Alarah murmured but Brax said nothing as he turned wound and stormed out of the room Charlie couldn't help but feel bad for her friend so she followed Brax hoping to talk some sense into him.

_X_

Please Comment

Chapter Seven;

Charlie followed Brax out onto the back deck she could see in his posture and face that it was clear he was angry; actually furious.

Charlie could understand on some level that Alarah should have told him but she understood that if this is how Brax would have reacted that Alarah was doing him a favour by keeping it a secret Brax was a little worked up now.

Deciding it was better to work her way up to the topic of Alarah she decided to start with the topic that she had wanted to talk about since the day Alarah had mentioned it.

Coming to stand next to him leaning against the railing she smiled slightly.

"What do you mean you like me Brax? Your married" Charlie asked she came to look at him slightly; Brax turned his head slightly and gave a cheeky smile.

"I like you; I actually think it's pretty simple. I am attracted to you Charlie and being married has nothing to do with it" Brax said grinning and Charlie gave him a look.

"Being married has more to do with it then you think Brax, you can't honestly expect to see me while you're married" Charlie said irritably she did like Brax; a lot. She didn't want to deny it anymore but there was no way she wanted to be the other woman.

That wasn't an example she wanted to set for Ruby.

"My relationship with Alarah isn't anything like it used to be Charlie; I've let her sleep with my brother anytime over the past four years. She is off on vacation every other week. I will always love Alarah but I can admit I am not in love with her" Brax said as he turned so he was facing Charlie fully.

"How am I meant to trust you on that? How can I let you hurt her like that? I don't want to be the other woman Brax" Charlie said stubbornly as she went to turn away from him but Brax put his hand on her small waist and she froze under his touch he came closer to her holding her in place.

"You can trust me Charlie; Alarah won't get hurt she does know how I feel; she knows I want you. You don't have to be the other woman Charlie" Brax said leaning down to kiss her quickly Charlie felt dazed as she quickly wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him in for a deeper kiss before pulling away.

"You want me fine I understand that but I want to hear it from your wife; I want to hear something from her, I want to know if she is okay with this" Charlie said with a slight smile she didn't expect Alarah to be okay with this; not now not ever.

Brax though he had other ideas as he grabbed Charlie's hand and pulled her gently inside walking them both towards the kitchen.

Alarah stood before them she had obviously heard them enter but instead kept her gaze on the drink she was making in front of her.

"Tell her" Brax outright demanded Charlie was a little shocked by his sudden voice but Alarah just looked up from her drink at the sound of her voice she glanced towards Brax and Charlie's hands as they were in a locked grasp.

Alarah turned to Brax questionably but he just raised an eyebrow.

"Tell her what?" Alarah asked she knew what but she couldn't help but tease Brax just a little as she gave Charlie a small smile.

"Don't play me Alarah" Brax said as calmly as he could and Alarah sighed as she placed the smile on her face.

"Charlie it's fine I have no problem with you being with Brax if that is what you want; you know our relationship is not what it should be" Alarah said as she picked up her glass of wine from the bench. "Heath and Bianca have gone to bed; Casey and Ruby are watching a movie. I am heading to bed now as well" Alarah said as she walked towards Charlie and gave her a quick reassuring hug. "Don't worry so much" Alarah whispered in Charlie's ear before she turned to Brax and leaned up to kiss his cheek lightly pausing only for a moment. "Please don't hurt her" Was all Alarah whispered in his ear before she turned swiftly and left the room.

"Goodnight Alarah" Charlie said as she turned to Brax who was looking at her with a grin across his lips Charlie couldn't find it in herself to even smile back at him.

She had heard it from Alarah but she wasn't sure she was convinced yet she still wanted more. She still had a feeling she would be like the other woman she didn't want that.

"See I did tell you she wouldn't have a problem. She understands what I want Charlie and she won't hold me back she won't hold this against you" Brax said as he pulled Charlie into him taking her into a hug a tight hug.

Charlie couldn't help but admit that she liked the feeling of being in his arms and hugging him she loved the feeling he set off within her but she couldn't do this she didn't feel it was right.

"I'm not who you want me to be Brax regardless of what Alarah says or what you want her to say; I will always feel off. I will always be left to feel like the other woman" Charlie said as she pulled out of his arms she gave him on last peck on the cheek as she grabbed her bag from the table and walked quickly out of the room.

She knew if she looked back at him now she would want to stay but she couldn't this was for the best. It was best for her if she just walked away now.

_X_

Please Comment

Archived