Belle Taylor Storyline (Mystery from way back)

Guest "All or Nothing"

Hi

I am new here, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

I remember years back, there was this interesting storyline with Belle about the council toxic waste cant remember what happened as it was years back but does anyone know what they end up doing or was there not enough evidence to prove it

Has been on my mind for years as I loved Belle as a character on Home and Away but can't entirely remember what happened or If I even watched it as I cant remember :)

I love this site btw huge Home and Away fan :)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the story line was dropped in favour of Cameron Welsh's 2009 year-long 'Mystery' story. I really enjoyed 2008 and thought it was the last truly good year for the show. The characters were written well and the oldies had plenty to do unlike these days.

I'm sure someone can explain it better than me though. :)

I don't remember anything happening to do with council toxic waste after Belle found out about it Wasn't the toxic waste going to be the cause for a cancer outbreak? Wasn't this when Jack was shot by Angelo while he was looking around the toxic waste site in the dark? I might be wrong though

If I remember correctly they realised that the toxic waste was responsible for the large number of cancer cases (and deaths) in the Bay over the years. A few days later, everyone forgot about it.

Cue a year of jaclyn albergoni talking abalones and debonos.

I was told at the time by my source that the development storyline was "like many mysteries in life, open ended".

I had to get it 100% confirmed that the storyline was dead and buried due to a certain witness-protection obsessed troublemaker on the forum.

The ending was kind of blink and you miss it and I recall that even after Cameron Welsh went on record as saying the storyline was over, while tacitly admitting that the resolution had kind of been lost because they were too busy focusing on everyone finding out about Angelo's tangentially related accidental killing of Jack, there were a ton of conspiracy theories about it to the extent it was included in the FAQs in the Spoiler Section.The resolution basically amounted to one line from Charlie saying "We've got the result of the second soil test back so the developers can be charged", a couple of scenes about people suing the council which was never mentioned again and a voiceover newspaper article from Belle that I think either stated outright or implied that the area was being decontaminated or what have you.

I was told at the time by my source that the development storyline was "like many mysteries in life, open ended".

I had to get it 100% confirmed that the storyline was dead and buried due to a certain witness-protection obsessed troublemaker on the forum.

Yes, she was over the top sometimes. But to be honest, I think that this trouble maker had some very good points sometimes, but people chosed to ignore those good points...

I think the development storyline should have been resolved in a better way. It wasn't mentioned when Belle died of cancer... And Jack's murder was never really resolved either, because Tim (the development site owner) was there when Jack was shot.... And Angelo was not really punished for Jack's murder either... so they really dropped that case too.

And what about Murray - where did he go?, and that other guy (Dobbo?), was he killed? And what about Angelo's involvement in that case?? ... a lot of loose ends around that storyline... And how they ended would never had happened in real life... It wasn't just unresolved mysteries, there were big wholes in the storylines... and that was a shame... It could have been a good storyline, if they had worked on it. Because some parts of the storyline was good, I think.

I really liked the storyline as I was gripped and was hoping for more answers but sadly they dropped it :(. Didn't realise the producers dropped it because of the witness protection theories.

Sorry should have made that clearer, it wasn't dropped because of the theories, but I had to get confirmation that it was indeed over to stop the constant denial of Belle's death and the demands that she was in witness protection (and even all these years later this poster is doing the exact same elsewhere, albeit with Neighbours).

Archived