Just The Girl

Guest KristinaLeigh

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sasha and Spencer walked hand in hand from the bus stop, back to Sasha's after school. They would always study together, and always just the two of them. It was a sunny afternoon and Sasha ran ahead playfully, doing cartwheels along the path up to the farm where she lived with Dex and Indi. Spencer walked at a slow, steady pace behind, quiet. "Come on, have some fun!" Sasha giggled in the sunshine. Spencer shrugged his shoulders, looking thoughtful. "What's wrong?" Sasha asked, stopping. "Who were you with last night? At the beach?" he asked, slowly. Sasha stopped, her smile turning into worried eyes. "Maddy? Like I always do? Monday is mine and Maddy's girl night." Sasha said. They both stood still on the path.

"So Matt Page wasn't there?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. He already knew. Crap, thought Sasha. "Erm, he swung by because his friend Josh-" Sasha began, attempting to blame his appearance on Maddy's drunken ventures. Spencer leaned in sharply, taking Sasha's wrist and squeezing it tight. "Stop lying to me." he whispered through clenched teeth, fire burning in his eyes. Sasha tried to resist his grasp, but knew he was too strong. "Spence, stop. Your hurting me." she whimpered. Spencer's eyes softened and he slowly let go of her hands. He pulled her in for a tight hug, and kissed her on the lips forcefully. "Sorry," he said quietly, "It's only because I care about you, you know? And I don't trust him, he's got the hots for you, he's such an idiot. He's trash, he's from Mangrove River..." he went on, taking his hand softly in hers.

SASHA's POV

We lay studying on my bed, as we always did on Tuesdays. Both our history books wide open and our feet tangled up in each others on the bed. Spencer had been so sweet and apologetic, he even made us some dinner. I studied him for a moment, his tie still done up, shirt tucked in, smart and neat looking. His perfectly spiked, dark brown/black hair still stood as it had this morning. He had colour coordinated highlighters for every subject...he was the package. Organised, neat, little package.

I quickly cast a look at myself in black leggings and an old, beat up grey t-shirt. I looked a mess, and maybe a little fatter than usual. Spencer said I could do with loosing a few pounds, he was probably right there. I cast a look at my wobbly thighs, ew. Body image was something I'd always struggled with, but Spencer didn't know that. That's why I came to Summer Bay in the first place, to live with Dad. Because my mum couldn't take anymore of my eating issues. I'd left them in the past now, hopefully.

I stood up and walked to my bedroom mirror, covered in pretty fairy lights and cute photos of me and Maddy on the beach last summer, and some of me and Dad before he left to work for the Flying Docs. I sighed, taking in my reflection. My skin was blotchy and pale, and my hair was shoved on my head in a bun. "You okay?" called Spencer from the bed, he studied me carefully before standing up and walking behind me. He placed his arms around my waist and I tensed as he felt my sides. I nodded once and tried my pull away but he spun me around and kissed me once, very passionately. His hands still stuck at my waist. "I love you so much Sasha, you know that right? I'd do anything for you." he smiled softly, kissing me once again. This was the Spencer I loved. "Now, we better get you a gym membership sorted!" he laughed, giggling my belly. "You can come with me, and we can do it together." he announced flatly.

I went out to grab a drink and saw Dex lying on the sofa casually, feet up, watching Star Wars. I grabbed two glasses of lemonade and shuffled back to my bedroom. Just then on the reading chair in the corner of my bedroom I noticed a dark blue lump of fabric. Matt's hoodie. Oh crap, crap, crap. I placed the lemonade down on the side and shuffled to the chair, grabbing the hoodie and stashing it into my drawer. "What's that?" he asked, leaning around me. "Just an old jacket!" I smiled softly. He seemed to want to linger on the subject, so I distracted him the only way I knew would work. I jumped on his lap and started kissing him again...

MATT's POV

It was around 11.30 when I finally returned home, still in my uniform, hot and sweaty from skating all evening with the guys.

I let myself in as silently as possible, slowing pushing open the old, creaky wooden door of our house. The paint crumpled off in my hands, Dad hadn't painted it since Mum died, he hadn't done anything since Mum died except drink and smoke. The grass of our once preened garden was over grown, and beer cans lay in the tall grass. Our mailbox had been knocked down. I entered and began creeping slowly past the living room, taking in the scent of stale smoke and booze. I looked on the floor, it was strewn with beer cars, bottles, cigarette ends, ash and pizza boxes. I crept silently amongst the rubbish, I crept past my Dad who was passed out in his armchair, a can at his feet and a bottle of Gin on the side table. There were cigarette butts around his feet, you could hardly recognise the lovely floral carpet my mum had chosen years before, anymore.

I shut my door quietly, and studied my room. I'd attempted to study a few nights before, and now all of my notes were strewn across the floor, where my Dad had shoved them this morning. I lay back on my bed, taking in the scent of my sheets. I couldn't remember the last time any laundry had been done. I rested my eyes, and they closed slow and steady. I'd smoked tonight, and everything was hazy, and with that I fell asleep.

The blistering morning sun shone down on Summer Bay, reflecting off the crystal clear waters and illuminating silver flecks in the golden sand. It was Friday morning and the corridors of Summer Bay High bustled with students, all trying to get to their lockers before first period bell. Spencer was at a School Captain's meeting and so Sasha had walked into school by herself and was making her way towards her locker. She opened it and carefully examined her appearance in the mirror. She reached for a dark red lipstick and began touching up her make-up. She felt a heavy arm rest of her locker and looked up to be greeted with Matt Page's cocky face.

"Morning Princess!" he beamed loudly through the corridor. Sasha rolled her eyes, and continued retouching her make-up. "Looking good!" he added, imitating Sasha's pouty lipstick face around the corridor. "Can I help you with something?" Sasha snapped, annoyed. "Easy, just wondered when I'd be getting my jacket back?" he called loudly. "I know you'd like to keep it, as a memory of me..." he began, an arrogant smile creeping onto his face. "Don't flatter yourself." Sasha snapped grumpily. "Catch you tonight then?" Matt called as Sasha walked down the hallway away from him.

Sasha walked into Science class and took her usual seat in the far corner, alone. The new students from Mangrove River High were asked to stand at the front of the class, so Mr Smith could organise seating arrangements. Sasha looked over the scary looking students, catching Matt's eye. He winked, and Sasha buried her face in her study book. Mr Smith began assigning seats to the new students. "Not next to me, please not him," Sasha whispered to herself, crossing her fingers under her ask. "Mr Page, why don't you take a seat by Miss Bezmel?" he offered, indicating to where Sasha was burying her face in the desk in the far corner of the room. Matt smiled a wide, teethy grin. "It would be my pleasure." he said, and his friends laughed and mumbled.

"Miss me?" he smiled at her. "Don't even start..." warned Sasha fiercely. "Meow!" Matt joked, making a cat claw at her. "You know, your even hotter when your bossy..." he said, learning in to her ear, she felt his warm breath on her neck.

"In your pairs I would like you to create a project explaining a chemical reaction. This will be due Monday, you have the weekend." said Mr Smith, and then the bell rang.

SASHA's POV

A weekend project working with Matt, brilliant. I swear I'm cursed, maybe it's karma for something I did years ago. I knew I'd have to do all the work, and then turn up and Monday and he'd walk away with an A. I suppose that's better than actually hanging out with him to do the project though, he had the leeriest eyes. Plus Spencer would probably have a heart attack. I don't need that right now.

My tummy grumbled loudly and a few students turned to look at me. I'd been skipping breakfast in exchange for early morning runs since mine and Spencer's conversation about my "extra couple of pounds", and he said I already looked much better for it but now I felt weak, tired and woozy. I just need a cheeseburger, no resist. I stood from the table and the room started spinning, I felt lightheaded and nauseous. I felt a warm hand on my arm. "You okay?" asked the voice, I turned to see Matt. His face was not the usual cocky smile I always saw, instead a serious face of genuine concern. He touched my arm softly, and I pulled away. "Erm, yeah I'm good." I smiled, thankfully, and he smiled back and for the first time it felt genuine.

"Will I see you tonight?" he asked, shoving some old, scruffy looking books into his dirty, ripped backpack. I shook my head, "No, we will have to work on the project tomorrow, I'm at Maddy's party tonight." I explained flatly, I didn't want to give him any more ammunition. "So I will see you tonight?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. I furrowed my brow. "Wait what?" I asked, totally confused. "I'll see you at the party...save me a dance eh?" he smiled, winking and I rolled eyes. After he'd gone I smiled quietly to myself.

MATT's POV

I skated home after school and attempted to make a start on research for my project with Sasha, I flipped the switches of my computer but nothing happened. I walked around the house trying the television, the toaster, nothing worked. "Dad? Did you pay the electric bill?" I called, and my Dad stirred from his place on the sofa and took a swig of whiskey. "I don't know..." he mumbled, pathetically. I slammed my hand against the wall in anger. "DAD?!" I shouted louder, but as usual he'd already passed out from drinking, so I left him there for a few hours.

I showered, and did my best to make myself look presentable. I pulled on my skate shorts, then took them off again, opting for my one decent pair of black jeans. Then switched between a million different t-shirts before resting back on a white one with a band logo on it, I'd had it since I was 14, and it fitted a little snugger now. Why was I making all this effort anyway? Sasha had a boyfriend, and she hated my guts. I knew she thought I was below her, being from Mangrove River. She had a perfect boyfriend, perfect life, perfect everything. She was perfect.

On entering the party, around 10pm it was already full of students from Mangrove River and Summer Bay, and Maddy was dancing on the table with a slightly worse for wear, Josh. I scoured the room, searching for her but couldn't see her anywhere. I hung with the guys and started drinking, my eyes never stopped searching. I pulled Josh from the table, "Is Sasha here?" I shouted over the blaring pop-punk music. Josh nodded, giggling like the drunken little girl he was. "Outside mate!" he pointed towards the back door and I made my way towards it.

On the wall outside I saw her, alone with a cigarette casually sitting between her fingers. I sat down beside her and lit one myself, and handed her the extra bottle of beer I had. "Didn't think you were gonna show." she said simply, and I took in her appearance. She wore a pretty polka dot, halter neck dress and high black heels. Her dark hair cascaded past her shoulders, and her lips were a seductive cherry read. She looked beautiful.

"Awh, you missed me that much eh?" I asked, elbowing her side playfully. She looked a little drunk, as was I but we chatted a little. "You look nice." I commented, and she stopped and looked up to meet my eyes. Sasha shrugged. "You say that to everyone!" she teased, making light of it. "I really don't." I smiled, leaning in closer to her, I took in the scent of strawberries in her hair, and examined the softness of her skin. She leaned back suddenly uncomfortable. "Let's go dance with Maddy and Josh?" she offered jumping up. I watched the happy, carefree smile on her face and I watched as she giggled so happily. Definitely drunk.

She held out her hand and danced from side to side. "Come on! What? You don't dance?" she teased, twirling around. I allowed her to pull me up by the hand. "For you, anything." I smiled, but she didn't hear me, that or she wouldn't remember. She'd forgotten we were holding hands as she tugged me through the crowd and into the space next to Maddy and Josh.

I watched over the crowd as I saw Spencer enter the party, an hour or so later, whilst me and Josh were entertaining the girls by dancing like fairies around the living room. He walked up to the group hesitantly. He was sober, and dressed in smart, casual clothes. What a douche.

"Hey Spencer!" shouted a very drunk Sasha, and I watched on, laughing in entertainment as the look on Spencer's face turned to anger. "Are you drunk?" he demanded, taking a hold of her hand and pulling her closer. "No..um..no..." Sasha mumbled, quietly. Spencer turned to me, "What did you give her?!" he demanded angrily and I shrugged. I didn't give her anything except that first beer, she'd been making cocktails in the kitchen with Maddy earlier. "It wasn't him." Sasha interrupted, I'd never seen her so full of confidence around Spencer. This clearly meant she was drunk. "Maddy and me made cocktails..." she began, pawing on his shoulder. He shook her off and took her hand. "I don't want to know he snapped, we're going home." and with that, he yanked her through the crowds of people, and she was gone.

FANTASTIC most recent 3 chapters !!!!

Intriguing how both Sasha AND matt are troubled …….by Spencer [who’s a TOTALL pain] and matt’s dad respectively!!!

ADORED Sasha doing cartwheels etc on the way home.

BEYOND really looooooved these …….

I quickly cast a look at myself in black leggings and an old, beat up grey t-shirt. I looked a mess, and maybe a little fatter than usual. Spencer said I could do with loosing a few pounds, he was probably right there. I cast a look at my wobbly thighs, ew. Body image was something I'd always struggled with, but Spencer didn't know that. That's why I came to Summer Bay in the first place, to live with Dad. Because my mum couldn't take anymore of my eating issues. I'd left them in the past now, hopefully.

"Miss me?" he smiled at her. "Don't even start..." warned Sasha fiercely. "Meow!" Matt joked, making a cat claw at her. "You know, your even hotter when your bossy..." he said, learning in to her ear, she felt his warm breath on her neck.

My tummy grumbled loudly and a few students turned to look at me. I'd been skipping breakfast in exchange for early morning runs since mine and Spencer's conversation about my "extra couple of pounds", and he said I already looked much better for it but now I felt weak, tired and woozy. I just need a cheeseburger, no resist. I stood from the table and the room started spinning, I felt lightheaded and nauseous. I felt a warm hand on my arm. "You okay?" asked the voice, I turned to see Matt. His face was not the usual cocky smile I always saw, instead a serious face of genuine concern. He touched my arm softly, and I pulled away. "Erm, yeah I'm good." I smiled, thankfully, and he smiled back and for the first time it felt genuine.

Archived