What You Need To Say (by Jen) - comments

Inactive User

LOOVED that !!!!!!

Jen, I must admit that I was skeptical about reading this [because of the characters involved - i’m sooooo NOT an Indi fan], but I just KNEW that your writing style etc would be worth it!!!!!!!

The whole “I cheated” idea was GREAT …..as was the obligatory reference to Ruby in such matters, but it’s passages like this that I knew were TOTALLY why I chose t read this …..

His muscles clench, head feels dizzy, and all he can do is grip the side of the bowl and squeeze shut his eyes.

Eventually, Romeo coughs, reaches up to push the button to flush, before his knees give out and he collapses to the floor. The tiles are cool under his fingers, the palm of his hand, and he curls in on himself, resting his cheek on top of his arm, bringing his knees to his chest and closing his eyes.

It's better this way, Romeo tries to tell himself. It's better for Indi not to see him like this. That he'd rather have her think he cheated on her, do something completely unforgivable and hate him, than her to have to go through this with him. She doesn't deserve that. It's the most selfless thing he could think of.

Because he loves her.

Edited by JosieTash

That was cooooooooooooooooool !!!

Sorry for not commenting sooner …..i had muchly missed that you had posted part 2.

MANY thanks for posting this EXCELLENT fic !!!

Anyway, I UBER liked …………

When the room is dark and Liam is sleeping soundly on the couch in the next room, and Romeo blinks blearily at the ceiling, is when he feels death tickling at the corners, enticing him.

There's a large tree outside, the trunk wide and round, branches sturdy, twining upward and around itself, blocking out a lot of the sunlight. It must have been there before the doctor's office was built; much smaller back then, and no one probably considered how much difference a decade could make. How much bigger and more expansive it would become with time. It would be impossible to remove now, its roots too deep, too far beneath the surface to be able to pull out easily. It would leave behind a giant hole too big to fill.

It's impossible to win a war against yourself, you can only minimise the damage.

"Isn't it all kind of pointless though?" Romeo wonders aloud.

and Sasha is having a sleep over with Rosie so it's just you and me." [for the mere mention of 2 of my fave recent charecters]

"I keep thinking that one day I'll get up and I won't think about him. Or it. Was it something that I did?"

And then he moves, and it’s like his entire body ceases in protest.

It might be a dream, please don't be a dream.

Romeo opens his eyes again, stares up at Indi and for a moment its like things are back to the way they were before. "It's only going to get harder."

"I know," she replies honestly, "I know."

• 3 weeks later...
  • QUIET ACHIEVER changed the title to What You Need To Say (by Jen) - comments