Chaos

Guest Melbelle94

Chapter Eleven:

2 Weeks Later

Charlie sat beside Brax as they stared at Cheryl's motionless body in the hospital bed before them. Sid gave them a sad smile as the turned around to leave.

It had been said and there was no taking it back.

Cheryl was going to die.

"I just can't believe this." Brax said quietly.

"I know baby, it's hard to take in," Charlie said. "I'm so sorry."

"You didn't do this." Brax murmured as Heath, Casey and Kyle walked in.

"So it's true?" Heath asked. "Mum's gonna die?"

Brax couldn't bring himself to speak so he just turned away, he couldn't face his brothers at a time like this. Charlie could see it in his eyes so she glanced up at the brothers.

"Cheryl was diagnosed with cancer two months ago but it's progressed slightly more."

"Why didn't she tell us?" Casey asked.

"My guess is that's why she came back, she wanted to make peace." Charlie told the brothers sadly.

"Oh, mum, don't do this to us." Heath muttered.

"Is she going to wake up?" Kyle asked.

"Sid said that she will but he doesn't know what her quality of life will be like."

"How long?" Heath asked, Charlie immediately knew what Heath was asking.

"Sid estimated that she has six months."

"Just six months, that's all?" Casey asked and Charlie nodded sadly.

"I need air." Brax said as he left the room in a hurry.

Brax couldn't believe what he was hearing, six months? She would miss out on so much. Seeing her grandchildren grow up, birthdays, Christmas, weddings. Brax sighed as he realised his mother wouldn't be around to see him marry Charlie.

He didn't want to lose his mum. No matter how much she had infuriated him over the years with her gambling and alcohol addiction, she was still his mum. He didn't want to see her die.

"I'm gonna go find Brax." Charlie told the brothers. They just nodded as they looked down at a motionless Cheryl.

Charlie walked outside to see no trace of Brax.

"Brax?" She called. No response came. She took her phone out of her pocket and dialled a number.

"Rubes? Have you seen Brax?"

^..^

Charlie walked into Angelos to see Brax sitting at the bar, trying to drown his sorrows in a bottom of a bottle.

"Brax, don't do this."

"My mum is gonna die!" Brax exclaimed hysterically.

"Brax, baby, I'm sorry."

"She's going to miss so much Charlie, she can't just die." Brax sobbed as Charlie wrapped her arms around him.

"She's not gonna see the children grow up." Brax cried and Charlie rubbed his back.

"I know baby, I know."

"I spent so long hating her Charlie, but I love her."

"Of course you do Brax, she is your mother." Charlie told him as she kissed her head.

"She'll never see me marry you Charlie."

"Unless we get married."

"What?" Brax asked. "You don't think it's too soon?"

Charlie shook her head. "No, I don't."

"Charlie..."

"Don't think about it Brax, we'll talk to the kids at home and we will make this happen. I love you."

"This isn't how it's meant to be. I should be proposing romantically to you." Brax told her and Charlie shook her head.

"It doesn't matter, I love you. I want to marry you."

"No, we're doing this right, Charlie, you deserve it."

"Brax, listen to me. I don't need a big fancy romantic proposal, I just need you, okay?" Charlie asked as she pressed a kiss onto his hair.

"But-" Brax was interrupted by Charlie pulling him into a long kiss.

"Everything is going to be fine, Brax, I promise."

"I'm going home to speak to the kids, you need to go back to the hospital and be with your brothers." Charlie told him and Brax sighed.

"My kids, I can't tell them...I just can't Charlie." Brax sobbed and Charlie nodded.

"I'll take care of it, Kyle can help me. It's just Case and Heath at the hospital. You three deserve time with your mum."

"I can't ask you to tell them." Brax said softly and Charlie shook her head.

"They are like my own, I will do this. You better get back to the hospital. I love you."

"I love you so much Charlie." Brax said as he kissed her passionately goodbye.

^..^

"What do you mean?" Jade sobbed. "How does Gran have cancer?"

"I'm sorry, kids, it's true."

"How long has she known?" Darcy asked.

"I'm not sure honey."

"What's cancer?" Mia asked. "Mummy, why are you sad? Why is everyone sad?"

"Mia, honey, cancer is a very serious disease."

"Why is my Grandma dying Charlie?" Samantha asked and Charlie glanced at her with a sad smile.

"There is no reason Sammie, this happens sometimes." Charlie said softly as Samantha shook her head.

"Can she get better?"

"No honey, this time she can't get better."

Charlie glanced over and saw Cassie crying into Taylah's shoulder, Brax's girls looked so sad and Chase...Charlie shook her head he was curled up in Tamara's arms his head rested on her shoulder as his tears flowed.

"Mum, there's more isn't there?" Joey asked and Charlie nodded slowly.

"Brax is really upset and I made him a promise. I know this is going to upset some of you but I really hope you understand." Charlie said and Ruby raised her eyebrow as she wiped her tears away

"What is it mum?" Ruby asked and Charlie took a deep breath her eyes shut tightly.

"Brax and I are going to get married so Cheryl is still here to witness the wedding."

"You and Brax are getting married?" Tamara asked. "It's about time."

"Drew, you're gonna be my brother." Chase said, trying to be excited through his tears.

"Are you only getting married cause Cheryl is dying?" Nicole asked.

Charlie shook her head. "No, we were going to get married eventually, but we want Cheryl to be here."

"Okay." Nicole breathed out as she gave Charlie a small smile, Charlie was thankful that she didn't make a scene.

"Does Grandma know?" Darcy asked but Charlie shook her head.

"No," Charlie said but she noticed how the twins said nothing. "Jade, Jack is this okay with you?" Charlie asked softly and Jade glanced at Kyle her face crumbling.

"Its okay Jadey, come here" Kyle said as he opened his arms, she fled into them the tears flowing.

"Jack?" Charlie asked and the teenager glanced at her.

"Looks like you'll be our mum." Jack said as he stood up and left the room, Charlie went to stand but Nicole smiled.

"I got this mum." Nicole said as she left the room after Jack, she knew how he was feeling. She didn't want Charlie with Brax at first and now she needed to give advice to Jack and help him understand that Charlie wasn't going to replace his mother.

"Jack, I understand what you're going through." Nicole said gently as she closed the bedroom door behind her.

"It just feels like everyone's leaving," Jack sobbed. "My mum left, and now Gran is dying. It's not fair!"

"I know that it's not fair," Nicole tried to soothe him. "But Charlie knows that she's not going to replace your mum, she doesn't want to, just like I know that your Dad isn't going to try and replace mine."

"Is my mum ever going to come back?" Jack asked.

"I don't know, that's up to your mum." Nicole said.

"I don't want her to come back, she abandoned us."

Nicole sighed. "That doesn't mean that she doesn't love you."

"Why did she leave us?" Jack sobbed and Nicole sat down on the edge of his bed.

"Sometimes things like this happen because the person can't cope." Nicole said softly and Jack looked up at her.

"Is it wrong to want Charlie to be my mother? The girls need someone to be a mum, Aunt B and Tam do their best but it's not enough. I hear Jade crying at night, the girls want that mother figure but most of all Cassie needs that." Jack said and Nicole smiled sadly.

"Emily told me that Jade cries in her sleep."

"Is it wrong Nic?"

"No, it's not wrong," Nicole said. "You can feel that way."

"It feels like I'm betraying mum though." Jack told Nicole.

"Listen, your mum will want you to be happy, right?" Nicole asked and Jack answered. "Doesn't that answer your question?"

"What if Mum comes back and Charlie and Dad are married?" Jack asked. "What happens then?"

"Well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, okay?" Nicole asked.

"Okay. Thanks Nic."

"It's no problem kiddo." Nicole said as she pulled Jack in for a hug.

Charlie knocked on Jack's bedroom door, opening it she saw Nic and Jack smiling at each other.

"Everything okay?" Charlie asked and Nicole stood up.

"I'll leave you two alone." Nic said as she left the room giving Jack a reassuring smile.

"How you feeling kiddo?" Charlie asked as she sat on the edge of the bed.

"A little better, uh Charlie can I asked you a question?" Jack asked nervously.

"Of course, anything."

"Will you be my mum?" Jack asked and Charlie glanced at him stunned.

"Your mum? Of course, if that's what you want. You know I love you." Charlie murmured softly.

"And I can call you mum?"

"I'd love nothing more than to hear that coming from you." Charlie whispered as she pulled him in for a hug.

^..^

Please Comment

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter Twelve:

3 Months Later.

"Mum, you look beautiful!" Ruby gushed as she helped to adjust Charlie's dress. It was the day of the wedding and it felt like the time had just flown by. The family had spent the last three months planning the wedding and sorting everything out. The wedding would be held on the beach, with two separate marquees for the bride and groom and the reception would be held at Angelo's. Brax and Charlie hadn't wanted a huge wedding so it was perfect.

All they wanted was to be together as a family.

"You look perfect mum, Brax will die when he sees you." Nicole said with a smile and Charlie touched her arm affectionately, it amazed her how close Nic and Brax had become. They could be caught together up at 2am eating chocolate chip ice cream when Nicole was having a stressful night or was missing her dad.

"I think daddy will faint," Cassie said as she stood in front of Charlie. "Don't ya think so Tay?"

"Yep, dad's gonna pass out." Taylah agreed as she looked Charlie up and down. Charlie's dress was a gorgeous strapless white number with a glittery bodice and a skirt that flowed out slightly at the waist.

"Okay, that's enough." Charlie laughed at her girls. All of the Braxton-Buckton girls were bridesmaids, except for Mia who was flower girl. Bianca was Charlie's maid of honour and Tamara was also a bridesmaid. It was a big wedding, but Charlie and Brax loved it like that, they wanted the whole family to be involved.

"Seriously Charlie, you look gorgeous, listen to your kids." Bianca said with a smile and Charlie paused for a moment as she looked at Brax's girls, and Tamara. Bianca was right, after this day they would be her children. They would be one big family.

"You okay Charlie?" Jade asked with a raised eyebrow as Emily reached up to wipe the tear that escaped her mother's eye.

"Yes sweetheart, it's just after today we will be a proper family. You'll legally be my children." Charlie said and Sammie giggled.

"We're you children anyway mummy." Sammie said with a bright smile and Charlie tapped her nose. Samantha hadn't wanted her to be her mother at first but the nine year old did quite the backflip after she heard Jack say mum first the first time and now Sammie refused to call her anything but.

"Mummy, are you a princess?" Mia asked as she wiggled in her seat, Tamara groaned as the clip fell from her fingers and Mia's hair fell down again.

"Mia honey, you need to keep still so Auntie Tamara can do your hair." Tamara said, trying to mask the frustration due to the fact that it had taken over half an hour already to do Mia's hair.

"Auntie huh?" Charlie teased. "When's your wedding?"

"Haha, very funny." Tamara said sarcastically.

"Seriously though, you and Kyle have been together for ages." Ruby said.

"I'm too young to get married!" Tamara exclaimed. "Way too young! Plus don't you think Brax would kill us?" Tamara shrieked shaking her head, she knew she was too young but it would happen one day. She planned to be a Braxton for life.

"You're secretly planning your wedding aren't you Auntie Tam?" Taylah teased and Tamara threw a clip at her.

"Of course I am" Tamara said sarcastically and Darcy laughed.

"You make Uncle Kyle happy." Darcy said and Tam smiled.

"Your Uncle makes me happy." Tamara said and Sammie smiled.

"I think Ruby and Uncle Casey should get married." Sanmie said and Charlie dropped her hair brush.

"No. No. No."

"Relax Mum, I was just kidding." Sammie told her and Charlie breathed a sigh of relief.

"All of you are too young to get married, okay?" Charlie said as she picked up her hair brush.

"So are you excited to be marrying Dad?" Jade asked.

Charlie nodded. "Of course I am."

^..^

"So bro, you're about to be tied down for life, how do you feel?" Heath teased his brother as he combed Chase's hair.

"Just right." Brax said with a grin as he helped to put Drew's tie on.

"You sure? Women are crazy once they're married." Heath said and Brax chuckled.

"No all women just your crazy wife" Brax said and Heath nodded.

"Uh oh, you can't say that bout Auntie Bi." Edward said as he wiggled his finger.

"Don't tell her." Brax whispered and Edward frowned.

"Me no tell daddy." Chase promised and Casey chuckled.

"Daddy's boy." Casey teased. Chase smiled.

"Me know I am." Chase said proudly.

"Dad, Joey and Lucas are gonna fall in the dirt in a second!" Jack shouted.

"Joey! Lucas!" Brax bellowed. "Get away from the dirt this instant!"

"Dad!" Joey complained as he and Lucas made their way back into the marquee.

"No buts, you are in your suits and Charlie will have my head if you guys get dirty under my watch."

"He's right dude, mum will kill him." Lucas said as he fell into a chair.

"When's the wedding gonna start?" Brock complained and Kyle chuckled.

"Soon kiddo, soon."

"It's taking forever, where's Mummy?" Drew asked.

"She's in the other marquee getting ready with the girls."

"Why are you separated?" Drew questioned. "Why aren't you and Mummy getting ready together?"

"Because little dude, it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding."

"Why is it bad luck?" Brock asked.

"I don't know, Heath?" Brax asked and Heath shrugged as he picked up Rocco.

"Just because I'm married don't mean I know everything."

^..^

Brax stood under the arch that was standing in the sand, the scene was perfect their friends and family were gathered around, his sons and brothers stood beside him and sitting on the only white chair was his mother. He was so happy that she was going to be there to see him get married.

The wedding march began to play and he waited for Charlie to walk down the aisle. Finally, he saw her, on the arm of Kyle. She was holding a bouquet of flowers, and she took Brax's breath away. He couldn't believe that he was lucky enough to have Charlie in his life.

As they came to a stop in front of him Brax gently took her hand from Kyle, as the younger Braxton kissed her cheek before taking his spot in the line-up of men.

"You look beautiful." Brax whispered and Charlie blushed.

"Don't look too bad yourself." Charlie said softly as they turned to face the celebrant.

"Who here gives Charlotte Buckton to Darryl Braxton?"

"We do." Charlie's children called out.

"Who gives Darryl Braxton to Charlotte Buckton?"

"Us!" Brax's kids and his brothers answered.

"Brax has written his own vows for this special day."

Brax cleared his throat before speaking. "Charlie, I knew from the moment I met you that there would be something between us. I never thought that I could love again, but you changed my mind. I can't imagine my life without you in it and I would be honoured if you would be my Mrs. Braxton and help me raise my children."

Tears started make their way down Charlie's cheeks.

"You're making me cry you idiot." Charlie said causing a round of laughter.

"Sorry baby."

"Charlie, your turn."

"Brax, before I met you didn't think I would ever be able to move on and learn to love again but one look at you and my mind changed instantly. You've made your way into my family, and I can't wait to continue on the journey together that will be our lives. Raising our children together and building a life."

"Aww, now you're making me cry." Brax teased, causing another round of laughter.

"Brax, I promise to love you now and every day in the future, together I promise we will grow old."

"I promise to love you Charlie as long as I live."

"Rings?" The celebrant asked. Drew stepped forward, looking proud as he handed the rings over. Brax and Charlie smiled at him affectionately, Charlie ruffling his hair.

"Do you Darryl Braxton, take Charlotte Buckton to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do." Brax answered, a grin making its way across his face as Charlie slid the ring on his finger.

"Do you Charlotte Buckton, take Darryl Braxton to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do." Charlie said, wiping away a tear as Brax slid the ring on her finger.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Brax stepped forward snaking an arm around Charlie's waist pulling her to him, he smashed his lips to hers claiming all he could. His tongue traced her bottom lip begging for permission to which Charlie granted opening her mouth, their tongues intertwining, battling for dominance which Charlie gave Brax.

As they pulled apart both breathless the clapping got louder, everyone cheered and as Brax looked over to his mum he saw the tears running down her cheeks a beaming smile on her face.

^..^

Charlie and Brax walked into Angelo's to cheering and clapping.

"Mummy!" Mia toddled up to Charlie and wrapped her arms around Charlie's bare legs. Charlie had changed from her wedding dress to a blue knee length cotton dress.

"Hey baby," Charlie said as she scooped her daughter up. "Did you have fun at the wedding?"

Mia nodded.

"Hey Charlie, can I talk to you?"

Charlie looked over to see Cheryl. "Yeah, sure. Mia honey, why don't you go find Kyle?"

"Okay!" Mia exclaimed happily. Charlie put her down and the young girl ran off shouting "Kyle!"

"What do you want to talk about?" Charlie asked as she accepted a flute of champagne.

"I need to ask you something." Cheryl said.

"What is it?"

"I'm not going to be around much longer Charlie, we all know that," Cheryl said. "I want to ask you to look after my boys please, including Kyle."

"I will Cheryl, you don't need to worry." Charlie promised.

"I do worry Charlie, they're my boys. Just take care of them please, and especially take care of my Darryl."

"You know I will Cheryl" Charlie promised.

"Thank you. I don't want to leave them, there is so much I will miss but I'm grateful I got to see this today. It meant so much to me." Cheryl said softly as she looked over at Brax who was twirling Darcy around on the dance floor.

"Dad, I love you." Darcy murmured softly as Brax twirled her again.

"I love you too Darce." Brax said as he heard his daughter gasp.

"Mum?"

^..^

Please Comment

Chapter Thirteen:

Brax froze as he watched Tegan walk towards him, his arms tightening around Darcy. He didn't understand why she was here, why now after all the years.

"Tegan." Brax murmured and Tegan smiled softly.

"Hi Brax, Darcy look at you. You've grown into a beautiful young lady." Tegan said softly - she expected her children to be mad at her because she left them but to her surprise Darcy stepped forward and hugged her.

"It's good to see you mum, are you feeling better?" Darcy asked and Tegan froze, she didn't expect Darcy to know. She hadn't wanted them to know she had been so weak. That she couldn't handle the pressures.

"Much better Darce." Tegan said as she looked at Brax, he stood arms crossed and eyebrow raised. "I'm not here to cause trouble. I'm here to wish you all the best and to see my children, to explain some things. Please Brax this is important to me."

"Tegan, what brings you back after so long?" Brax asked.

"Cheryl got in contact with me and told me everything," Tegan said softly. "I'm sorry."

Brax looked over at his mother who was talking and smiling with Charlie over by the bar. "It must be so hard." Tegan's voice broke Brax out of his reverie.

"Mum?" Jade stood there, her arms folded across her chest. "What are you doing here? Are you back for good?"

"Yeah baby, it's me," Tegan murmured as Jade stared at her before hesitantly hugging her. "I am so sorry I walked out on you kids."

"But why did you?" Jade asked, her voice raising. "Why did we depress you?"

"Sometimes things like that just happen," Tegan said. "It was just me, it didn't have anything to do with you kids."

"We've missed you, you're staying right?" Jade asked and Tegan frowned as she looked up at Brax.

"That's something your father and I will have to talk about. But look at how gorgeous you are." Tegan said as she ran a hand through Jade's blonde hair.

"Mummy!" Samantha's scream filled the room and everyone turned to stare but they didn't see her run to Charlie but straight into Tegan. "Mum!" Sammie cried.

Tegan rubbed her hand over the nine year olds head as she locked eyes with Charlie, Tegan tried to give a smile. She admitted to herself that it hurt that Brax was loving someone else but she was happy for him that he could move on.

"Hey baby girl, I've missed you."

"So you're Tegan?" Charlie asked slowly as she made her way over to her.

"Yeah, I'm Tegan. Look, I'm not here to cause trouble for you and Brax, I promise," Tegan said. "I just wanted to see how my kids were doing and wish you the best of luck."

"Thank you." Charlie said softly, she was not expecting that.

"What are you doing back here?" Jack asked as he made his way over to the group, followed by Chase.

"Mummy!"

"Hey baby!" Tegan exclaimed as she reached down to ruffle Chase's hair. "You've got so big!"

"I'm this many." Chase said happily as he held up five fingers.

"Wow." Tegan said as she hugged Chase.

"Mum, what are you doing here after all this time?"

"Oh my god, I can't believe how big you've gotten." Tegan murmured.

"It's called aging. And you would have seen me grow but you left us. Why come back now?" Jack demanded.

"Jack, that's enough" Brax exclaimed, Jack was the only one who refused to understand what Tegan had gone through before she left.

"It's okay Brax" Tegan said softly as she looked at her eldest son. "I didn't feel...I couldn't come back until I was better. Until I could prove to you all that you were worth it to me." Tegan said as Taylah and Cassie approached with grins.

"Mum" Cassie said excitedly as she hugged Tegan fiercely squishing Chase in between them.

"Hi sweet girl," Tegan said but her eyes never left Jack's. "Never think for a day that I didn't love you Jack because you kids were what got me through one of the darkest moments of my life" Tegan told him as she looked at Taylah. "You are beautiful my girl, growing up." Tegan said as she kissed Taylah's cheek unable to pry herself away from Cassie and Chase.

"It's really good to see you mum." Taylah said and Tegan smiled.

"It's unbelievable how much you've all grown, Darcy I can't believe you made captain of the soccer team." Tegan stated proudly but she noticed how her children's faces dropped and they looked confused.

"How did you know that mum?" Darcy asked and Tegan frowned.

"Your dad told me in our yearly email. He kept me updated once a year with progress reports and photos. Did you think I didn't care?"

"Dad never spoke to you." Jack said angrily and Tegan glanced at Brax who was stunned.

"You didn't tell them?" Tegan asked, her voice wasn't accusing just sad.

"I didn't know how to."

"How could you not tell us you kept in contact with Mum?" Jade asked angrily. "How Dad?"

"I can't believe you didn't tell them Brax." Tegan said sadly.

"I'm sorry Teegs."

Tegan didn't respond she just brushed the hair out of Jade's face, taking the high road she thought to herself.

"Don't be angry with your dad," Tegan said softly. "Brax, I can't believe that you let our kids think that I didn't care."

"It wasn't just Dad Mum," Cassie said. "You left us."

'I know Cass," Tegan said. "I was depressed, that's why I left."

"What's depressed Mummy?" Chase asked.

Tegan glanced down at her youngest child running her hand through his sandy blonde hair.

"Mummy was sad all the time."

"Are you sad now?" Chase asked.

"No baby, not anymore."

"Teegs!" Kyle said with a smile as he wrapped his arm around her, Case and Tamara standing behind him.

"Wow, look at you three" Tegan said as she hugged Kyle. When Brax and her had begun dating Kyle and Case were still young. She remembered looking after them, and then came Tamara. They were old enough to understand why she left.

"Well look at you, still beautiful." Tam said with a pout as she hugged Tegan fiercely.

"Good to see ya Teegs!" Case said kissing her cheek.

"You both have grown, you have to Ky. Umm, I better go. This is your engagement party."

"No, no. Don't go!" Sammie whined.

"Stay please." Darcy murmured.

"I'm only leaving the party not the town kids, I was hoping we could all get together tomorrow including Charlie to talk."

"Okay," Darcy hugged her mum fiercely. "We'll see you tomorrow."

"Here, this is our address," Brax said as he handed Tegan a slip of paper. "You can come over and spend time with the kids."

"Thank you Brax." Tegan murmured as she pulled her ex-husband into a hug.

^..^

Comment Please

Chapter Fourteen:

"Mummy!" Cassie squealed as she opened the door to see her Mum.

"Hey Cass."

"So you're Tegan?" Ruby asked as she walked out of her room. "I'm Ruby, one of Charlie's daughters."

"It's nice to meet you Ruby." Tegan said sincerely.

"It's nice to meet you too." Ruby said.

"Where is everyone?" Tegan asked as she looked around the empty foyer.

"Oh, they're all in the pool," Cassie said as she linked an arm through Tegan's. "Come on, I'll show you the way," She led Tegan through the house through the backyard. "Guys! Mum's here!"

"Hey guys." Tegan smiled as she took in the surroundings.

"Mummy, who's that?" Mia asked Charlie, who was lounging on a chair.

"That's Tegan, honey. It's the kids mum."

"So why do they call you mum too?" Mia asked and Tegan froze.

"They call you Mum?" Tegan asked. "My kids call you Mum?"

Charlie turned to Tegan with a meek look but nodded slowly.

"Um, yes" Charlie murmured and Tegan nodded slowly but she pursed her lips. That hurt her, cut her deep.

"Mummy, are you okay?" Sammie asked and Tegan glanced down.

"Uh huh, of course." Tegan said as Cassie dragged her towards the lounge chairs, the one right beside Charlie.

"You sit here, I'll get everyone." Cassie promised.

"Okay." Tegan said softly as Cassie ran off. Charlie looked over at Tegan.

"I'm sorry, I never told them to call them to call me Mum." Charlie said softly.

''It's okay Charlie, it just hurts." Tegan murmured.

"Your kids still love you, I can guarantee you that." Charlie said and Tegan looked over at her.

"You're good for Brax, I can tell," Tegan said as she looked over at Brax who was pushing the kids gently down the waterslide and into the pool. "I'm happy he's moved on."

"Really?" Charlie asked. "It doesn't bother you?"

"I left Charlie, I didn't expect Brax to stay single for me," Tegan sighed. "I didn't even know if I was going to come back."

"So what have you been doing all this time?" Charlie asked curiously.

"I've been close by, in the city. For the for the first 2 years it was real intense therapy, once you start something like that so many wounds open up. Then once I finished that I knew I couldn't come back until I proved to my kids I could do something, I was able to start up a little bakery here in Summer Bay."

"That new place? Special 7?" Charlie asked and Tegan nodded.

"I was still in the city but I managed it from there. I made this plan so I could come back and be something to them. Be a proper mum."

"It's great that you came back, they have missed you" Charlie said as Mia poked Tegan on the arm.

"My names Mia." Mia said proudly and Tegan smiled.

"Mia is a very pretty name, I'm Tegan."

"Are you friends with Baks?" Mia asked and Tegan nodded.

"Yes sweetie."

"And you Chase's mummy?" Mia asked.

"Sorry, she's full of questions." Charlie said and Tegan shrugged.

"It's okay, yes I am Chase's mummy."

"Hey Mum." Jack said as he came out of the pool, dripping wet. Tegan grabbed a towel from the giant stack on the table and handed it to her son, who took it gratefully.

"Hey Jack." Tegan said softly.

"How are you mum?" Jack asked as he dried his hair. "Where are you staying?"

"I'm okay, thanks for asking. I've rented an apartment in the Bay."

"So you're staying?" Cassie asked as she grabbed a towel, followed by Sammie and Taylah.

"Yeah, I am."

"Are you serious?" Jade asked in excitement as she rushed up and hugged her mum, unaware of the fact that she was still wet from the pool.

"Yeah," Tegan said. "Jade, you're getting me wet."

"Sorry," Jade apologised as she grabbed a towel and wrapped it around herself. "I'm just excited."

"I thought you would be, like I said though I'm better now I want to spend as much time with you all as I can." Tegan said as she handed Darce a towel.

"Good, cause we want you here with us!" Darcy said as Brax made his way up to them.

"Hey Teegs" Brax said, kissing her head and sitting down beside Charlie.

"Hi Brax, how are you?"

"Great!"

"Brax, who's this lady?" Drew asked as he climbed onto Brax's lap, Chase settling onto Tegan's. her arms wrapped around him tightly.

"This is Tegan, Chase's mum."

"Chase! Your mum!" Drew told Chase excitedly. "I'm Drew." He said to Tegan.

"Hi Drew, that's a nice name."

"Tegan is a nice name too." Drew said as he snuggled into Brax, his towel wrapped tightly around him.

"Thank you Drew."

"Brax," Charlie said as she stared at her phone. "Guess what?"

"What?"

"Bianca's in labour."

"Oh my gosh!" Ruby squealed as her and Nicole did a happy dance.

"But it's too early!" Casey exclaimed. "She's only six months pregnant."

"Bianca and Heath are having a baby?" Tegan asked confused and Brax nodded.

"Yeah, we should go to hospital. Be with Heath." Charlie said and Brax stood up before realising Casey, Ruby and Nicole had made plans to go out and Kyle and Tamara were working.

"Uh Charlz the kids." Brax said and Ruby shook her head.

"We can cancel our plans." Ruby offered but Sammie stuck her arm up in the air.

"Mummy can watch us." Samantha said and Charlie glanced at Brax.

"There's a lot of you sweetie and only one of your mummy." Charlie said but Tegan shook her head.

"I'll be fine, you both should be with Heath and Bianca."

"Are you sure?" Charlie asked.

"Yeah," Tegan gave Charlie a gentle shove "Go."

"Thanks Tegan." Brax said gratefully.

"If you or the kids are hungry, there's leftovers in the fridge or the older ones can make sandwiches," Charlie added. "Help yourself."

"It's fine, just go" Tegan told them and they quickly walked into the house. "You three, no cancelling you plans. Off you go and enjoy the day," Tegan said as she looked at the rest of the kids. "What would you like to do today?"

^..^

Charlie and Brax walked into the hospital and straight down to Bianca's room, Heath was sitting outside his head rested on top of Rocco's, tears sliding down his cheeks.

"Heath!" Brax called and Heath looked up. "Where's Bianca?"

"They took her, surgery. I...I couldn't go" Heath stammered as he handed Rocco to Charlie who tried to calm the little boy.

"Why surgery?"

"She was bleeding so much."

"Where is your son?" Brax asked and Heath pointed to the nursery.

"I think you mean sons. She had twins, her body didn't cope and she bled. The blood, it's all I can picture."

^..^

Please Comment

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 15.

Charlie stood beside Brax looking in the nursery at the little boys, one a little surprise bubba. They were waiting on news about Bianca. Heath paced behind them, unable to keep still.

"Do you think we could ever have another one?" Charlie asked softly as she looked at the two little boys.

"I don't know Charlie, we've already got sixteen."

"But what would happen if we did?" Charlie asked.

"We'd cope. We do now. What harm would one more be?" Brax asked and Charlie looked at him.

"Brax, we're going to have another mouth to feed soon, I'm pregnant." Charlie said and Brax's mouth dropped.

"What did you say?" Brax asked and Charlie frowned.

"Are you okay? I thought you would be happy." Charlie said tears welling up in her eyes, Brax sighed as he wrapped his arms around her.

"I am happy, this is great. We'll be okay Charlie I promise. Let's just hope we don't get twins" Brax teased lightly trying to lighten the mood.

"So you're happy?" Charlie asked.

"Of course I am, it just came as a surprise that's all."

"Imagine the look on my face when I found out!" Charlie laughed.

"Oi, what are you two laughing at?" Heath asked as he walked up to them.

"Should we tell him?" Charlie asked, looking at Brax.

"Yeah. We're having another baby." Brax said and Heath looked shocked.

"So what's that now, with your seven and Charlie's nine, that's seventeen kids all together," Heath grinned. "Good luck."

"Smartass." Brax said and Heath shrugged.

"Do you have a name for your surprise bubba?" Charlie asked and Heath nodded.

"Bianca loved the name Jasper. So we have Jasper Emmett and Scott Leo Braxton." Heath said as he kissed Rocco's head.

"How's Bianca?"

"The doc said she's doing well and they move her out shortly," Heath said and Charlie smiled. "Where's your lot?"

"With Tegan" Brax said, Heath's eyes went wide.

"Teegs is back?" Heath asked surprised.

"Dude. She came to the engagement party, what the hell were you doing? How could you have missed that?"

"They were in the back making out." Charlie said with a knowing smile.

"How did you know that?" Heath asked as Brax whacked him in the arm.

"Heath, no making out in the back."

"But you and Charlie do it!" Heath whined.

Charlie blushed. "No we don't."

"Yes you do."

Charlie turned even redder. "Brax!"

"What we do," Brax teased and Charlie slapped him. "Hey!"

"What does she want?" Heath asked and Brax shrugged.

"To know the kids." Brax said.

"After all this time?" Heath asked.

"After all this time," Brax confirmed. "She knew what the kids had been up to though, I sent her emails."

"Did the kids know?" Heath asked.

Brax shook his head. "Nope."

"I didn't even know." Charlie said.

"Sorry, I just didn't know how to tell anyone," Brax defended himself. "Jack and Jade are angry, they thought I should have told them" Brax said and Charlie frowned.

"Tegan seems hurt by it as well."

"How could you have kept that from your own kids?" Heath asked, just as Brax's phone began to vibrate. He answered it. "Hello?"

"Daddy! Can we go to the beach with Auntie Tegan puhleaseeeee?" Mia's voice rang through the phone and Brax froze he couldn't believe what he had heard.

"Brax are you okay?" Charlie asked and Brax cleared his throat trying to shake the shock.

"Uh, that's fine I guess Mi."

"Thanks Daddy!" Mia exclaimed happily before hanging up the phone.

"Was that Mia?" Charlie questioned when Brax hung up the phone.

"Yeah it was. Charlie, she called me Daddy."

Charlie smiled as she wrapped an arm around Brax. "My kids do love you Brax."

"I love them too." Brax said as he kissed Charlie's forehead.

"Okay, I'm going to go see Bi and leave you two lovebirds to it." Heath said.

^..^

Kyle walked through the house, it was quiet for once, peaceful. Hearing a crash Kyle glanced at the stairs, unsure he quickly rushed up them and flung the door to Charlie and Brax's room were Cheryl was currently resting.

"Kyle."

Her voice sounded pained and Kyle hurried to her side.

"What's wrong?" Kyle asked concerned. "I should call the boys."

"No, no. They can't see me like this. I just...I just want you to know I love you as well and.." Cheryl coughed before resting back into the pillows heavily. "Please take care of them."

"No" Kyle said quietly as Cheryl's eyes fluttered shut. "Mum, please wake up!" Kyle begged but it was too late. Cheryl was gone, gone from the world of the living. Kyle began to cry and Tamara rushed in.

"Ky?" Tamara asked, seeing Cheryl's lifeless body on the bed. "Oh my gosh, Cheryl!"

"She's gone." Kyle said in a monotone.

Tamara wrapped her arms around Kyle as they slid onto the floor, tears sliding down their cheeks. They might have hated Cheryl once but now they loved her, she was part of the family.

"Come on, we need to call Brax" Tamara whispered but Kyle didn't move.

^..^

Tegan sat on the beach staring at the kids, Mia was playing in the sand with Drew and Chase while the others went swimming. It was a natural scene and she couldn't believe she had ever left her kids.

"Mummy look at me!" Sammie shouted as she stood up on her boogie board only to fall on her bottom and splash into the water.

Her phone started to ring, pulling it up to her ear not once did she take the eyes off the kids.

"Hello?"

"Teegs! Please come home. I can't get a hold of Brax or Charlie." Tamara sobbed.

"Tam, what's wrong?" Tegan asked.

"I can't tell you over the phone," Tamara sobbed. "Please just come home."

"Okay. I'm on my way," Tegan said before hanging up. "Kids! Time to go."

"Why?" Mia whined as Drew accidently knocked over the sandcastle they were building. "Drew! You knocked it over!"

"Just come on kids, we have to get home."

"Buuuut!" Mia whined and Tegan crouched down.

"We're gonna see Kyle." Tegan bribed and Mia stood up excitedly.

"Okay, let's go now!" Mia demanded.

Tegan smiled, she knew that would work. She had been paying attention since she arrived in the Bay and knew that the young girl had formed a bond with Kyle.

^..^

"Kyle? Tam?" Tegan called as she walked into the Braxton house.

"Kyle!" Mia shouted as she walked ahead of Tegan further into the house. "Where are you?"

Tamara walked down the stairs tears running down her cheeks as she walked into Tegan's arms and hugged her tight, Tegan ran a hand through her hair trying to calm her. A silence fell over all the children.

"Where's Kyle sweetheart?" Tegan asked but Tamara's body shook. "Hey, calm down. What's happened?" Tegan asked but Tamara cried.

"Cheryl." Tamara whispered and Tegan sighed sadly, tears welled up in her eyes but she pushed them back down. She couldn't cry, she had to be the strong one.

"What?" Jade asked, breaking down in sobs. "Grandma is dead?"

"I'm sorry sweetie." Tegan said as Jade flung herself into Tegan's arms.

^..^

Brax and Charlie walked through the front door of their home to find that the children, Tegan and Tamara were all sobbing messes.

"What's happened?" Brax asked.

Tegan looked up at Brax, her face tear-stained. "I'm sorry Brax." Tegan said as Charlie buried her head into Brax's shoulder, beginning to cry.

"Where's Kyle?" Brax asked, his voice was emotionless and Tamara glanced up.

"In our room." Tamara sobbed Brax nodded as he unwrapped his arms around Charlie and guided her to the couch. She sat down and Brax turned to Darcy and Taylah touching their knees in comfort as he stood up he leaned across and kissed Tamara on the head. "Were you here?" Brax whispered softly and Tam nodded, her eyes were red raw with sadness. "Who else was honey?" Brax asked, it was times like these he couldn't break down he needed to be the strong one.

"Kyle." Tamara said softly and Brax breathed lowly, a part of him was glad none of the others were but still knowing Tamara and Kyle were in the house was too much. They were both too young. Leaning down Brax hugged her before heading towards the stairs to find Kyle. He found him sitting in the corner of the room, his head in his hands as he cried.

"Hey mate." Brax said gently. Kyle looked up at him, his face tear stained.

"Go away." Kyle said. He didn't want anyone to see him like this.

"Mate, I'm sorry." Brax said as he sat down next to Kyle.

"I saw her die Brax!" Kyle sobbed. "I saw the life drain out of her body!"

"I'm sorry you had to see that." Brax whispered.

Kyle didn't respond he just buried his face once again.

"I can't...I can't get it out of my mind." Kyle finally said when Brax said nothing.

"I know, I'm sorry. Why don't you come down stairs?" Brax asked but Kyle shook his head.

"No. No." Kyle muttered over and over, Brax nodded.

"Okay, I'm ain't gonna make you" Brax said softly before getting up and making his way back downstairs.

"How is he?" Tegan asked, a sobbing Jade on her lap. Mia had crawled in Charlie's lap and was hugging her mum tightly.

"He isn't good," Brax sighed. "I don't blame him either."

"Of course you don't." Charlie murmured as she tried to fight back the tears, even though she hadn't known Cheryl very well or for long she still felt the grief, her husband had just lost his mum, her stepkids had lost their grandma.

Tamara glanced at the stairs but couldn't bring herself to get up and go to him. What she had seen was buried in her mind.

"I have to tell Heath and Casey." Brax said as he stood behind Tamara's chair, the teenager clung to Sammie like a lifeline.

"No dad, don't leave" Cassie sobbed and Brax frowned as he slipped into a chair opening his arms to Drew who curled into them.

"Is Grandma Cheryl gonna wake up?" Drew asked causing another round of sobs as soon as Drew had met Cheryl he had taken to her instantly. They had formed a bond.

"No, baby, she isn't." Charlie told her son gently.

"Where is she?" Drew sobbed.

"She's in place called Heaven, Drewie." Brax told the young boy.

"What's heaven?" Mia asked.

"Remember we talked about angels." Charlie said and Mia smiled.

"Grandma's an angel!" Mia exclaimed just as the door opened and Casey, Ruby and Nicole walked in.

"Oh no." Casey said when he saw everyone.

"Is she?" Ruby asked as her eyes filled with tears.

"Yeah." Charlie answered.

"How? Why? When?" Nicole asked as tears started to fall.

^..^

Brax pulled on Chase's black jacket and the Drew's. Today they would wish goodbye to his mother and he was still yet to cry. He couldn't, Tamara and Kyle weren't dealing with what they saw and the children were in tears most moments of the day. It was really bad and the kids still didn't know that Charlie was pregnant, they had decided to keep it to themselves for the time being while the family was still grieving. Heath had also been instructed to keep his mouth shut.

"Brax? You ready?" Charlie asked. She was wearing a black dress that hit just above her knee and her hair was tied in a bun like she would usually wear to work.

"Yeah," Brax said as he adjusted Chase's tie. He noticed that the boy's eyes had filled with tears. Brax took a deep breath as he pulled his son into his arms, holding him tight.

"Why did she have to be taken away from us?" Chase sobbed.

"I don't know buddy." Brax said softly as he carried Chase out of the bedroom.

"Uh. I actually come to ask you to grab Tam and Kyle. They won't leave the bedroom." Charlie said and Brax nodded slightly.

"Uh okay."

"You come here buddy boy, mummy is down stairs." Charlie told Chase as she took him from Brax.

"I really wanna see my mummy" Chase said sadly.

"You will buddy, she's downstairs." Charlie told Chase.

"I'm going to get Tam and Kyle." Brax told Charlie, who nodded and touched his arm affectionately.

"I love you Brax."

"I love you too Charlie," Brax said. He knocked on Kyle and Tamara's door. "Hey guys."

"Brax, I can't do this." Tamara sobbed when she saw him.

"Tam, you need to be strong. It's what she would've wanted."

"I can't do it either Brax, it's too hard. We saw her die." Kyle said, his eyes brimming with tears.

"I don't want to go." Tamara said and Brax sighed, wrapping his arms around her. He felt her cling onto him and he couldn't believe the change with her that had occurred she had always been a strong girl.

"She would want you both there." Brax told them and Tam shook her head.

"I was so nasty." Tamara sobbed and Brax kissed her head.

"She forgave you."

"I saw her die, she held my hand spoke her last words to me." Kyle said.

"I know Ky. That's why you should be there, support her and the rest of the family. Please." Brax asked them.

"I don't know Brax." Tamara said, her resolve beginning to break.

"I'll go if Tamara goes." Kyle told Brax.

Tamara sighed. "Okay. I'll go."

Brax let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding. He hugged them both fiercely and tightly. "Come on, everyone's waiting."

^..^

Standing in front of the coffin Brax held on tightly to Charlie's hand as he held Mia in his arms. He was surrounded by the family, his children stood by Tegan, and she held Chase and Sammie's hands. Charlie's kids stood in a group. Then there was Heath, he stood with Bianca, his arms held Scott and in Bianca's arms was Jasper. Rocco was in one of Kyle's arms and his other wrapped around Tamara. Casey stood the closet to the coffin Ruby by his side, her hand in Casey's, holding it tightly.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the life of Cheryl Braxton," The pastor said. "Who would like to speak first?"

"I would," Brax stepped forward, keeping a hold on Charlie's hand. "Mum, you were taken too soon from us. I love you and I will miss you but I know you'll be watching down on us in heaven."

^..^

Thankyou for your support. 1 more chapter to go. :)

Please comment.

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter Sixteen:

Brax and Charlie sat on the end of their bed, they'd been there for the last hour contemplating what to do.

They wanted to tell everyone about the baby but how? They couldn't predict the reactions they would get.

"We have to do this, don't we?" Charlie asked and Brax nodded.

"We don't have a choice."

"What if they don't take if well Brax?" Charlie fretted.

"We can't do anything about it, we are having this baby whether they like it or not." Brax said. Charlie looked at him.

"So we aren't going to consider their opinion?" Charlie asked.

"No, we are, but you're pregnant Charlie, they can't change that."

Charlie nodded slowly and Brax stood up extending his hand to her.

"It'll be okay." Brax promised as they walked into the hallway. "Family meeting!" Brax called.

"Again?" Sammie asked as she walked out of her bedroom. "We always have family meetings."

"Yeah, well get your butt into the lounge and tell your brothers and sisters too." Sammie nodded, heading down the hallway.

^..^

Once everyone was seated Brax and Charlie stood together in front of the fireplace.

"What's this about dad?" Joey asked and Brax glanced at Charlie who was wringing her hands together as she stared at her son.

"What's wrong? Is someone is trouble?" Taylah asked.

"Is this is about the broken vase?" Emily started and Brax raised an eyebrow.

"What broken vase?" Brax asked and Emily breathed a sigh of relief.

"Nothing."

"Well if it's about the hole is the wall" Jack started to say.

"Hole in the wall?" Charlie shrieked and Jack shrugged.

"It was Uncle Casey's fault."

Brax held up a hand. "This isn't about the broken vase, or hole in the wall," Brax glared at Casey. "Charlie and I have to tell you something."

"What is it?" Ruby asked from where she was sitting on the couch next to Casey.

"Yeah Brax, spill." Tamara urged.

"Come on dad!" Taylah said and Brax sighed.

"Alright alright, Charlie and I are going to have a baby." Brax said as he felt Charlie grip his hand tightly.

"What?!" Lucas shouted.

"Not another baby." Brock groaned.

"I wanna be the baby, daddy can't I be the baby," Mia whined as tears started to well up in her eyes. "Me meant to be the baby"

"Seveteen kids?! Are you two insane?" Kyle asked and Nicole nodded in agreement.

"Seventeens a lot."

"We know, but we already deal with you lot, one more baby isn't going to change much." Brax pointed out.

"But, we will need you older ones to help out sometimes like you do now." Charlie told them. Casey groaned.

"I want a pay rise at Angelo's Brax."

"Yeah, yeah," Brax said. "So how do you all feel?"

"I want it to be a boy!" Drew exclaimed.

"I wanna be the baby!" Mia demanded and Charlie sighed as she crouched down.

"You'll always be my little girl." Charlie told her and Mia shook her head as she ran towards Kyle.

"My Kyle, they having another baby." Mia sobbed.

"I hope it's a girl." Sammie said and Edward shook his head.

"No a boy! I want a boy." Edward cheered.

"I want a baby sister." Nicole said quietly as eyes swivelled towards her.

"You mean you're okay with this?" Charlie asked.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Nicole asked.

"I don't know, I just thought" Charlie said.

Nicole smiled. "Don't worry Mum, I'm okay with this."

"You're sure?" Brax asked and Nicole rolled her eyes.

"Trust me if I wasn't okay you'd know. As long as I still get my midnight ice cream snacks with you." Nicole said and Brax grinned.

"Of course Nic, thats just for us" Brax said and Nicole smiled. Brax loved close they were becoming.

"You eat icecream at midnight? Where's mine?!" Jade demanded to know.

"You wouldn't let us do that." Darcy said.

"Thanks Nic, now they will all want it." Brax teased.

"Kyle, me want icecream." Mia said to Kyle, giving him puppy dog eyes.

"Do we have any left?" Kyle asked.

"There should still be a few tubs in the freezer." Brax said.

"Can we have ice cream?" Darcy asked.

"I guess, but don't ruin your dinner, we're having nachos tonight." Charlie answered as she gagged. Getting up, she ran into the bathroom, slamming the door shut behind her.

"Not again" Ruby said rolling her eyes. "Every time this gets worse." referring to Charlie's sickness.

"Mummys sick," Drew said as he tugged on Nicole's hand. "Ice cream now."

"Okay buddy." Nicole said, letting Drew drag her into the kitchen.

"Is Mummy sick?" Chase asked Brax with wide eyes.

"Yeah buddy but it's only because she's having a baby." Brax told him.

"The baby's naughty! Can't make mummy sick." Chase said sadly and Brax chuckled.

"It's alright, come on let's get you some ice cream."

^..^

2 weeks later

Brax woke up at 3am hearing the sound of giggling coming from the hallway, groaning he rolled out of bed leaving Charlie sleeping peacefully.

Opening the door he saw Cassie and Sammie holding two paint brushes unaware he was behind them.

"Did you two get the bucket?" Darcy asked as she stuck her head out the door.

"Uh huh but then Uncle Kyle came running down the stairs and stupid Cassie dropped the bucket!" Sammie said and Darcy giggled.

"Dad's gonna kill you when he finds the carpet, it was yellow paint. How you gonna get that out?" Darcy asked.

"Would you three stop giggling, you're gonna wake them." Ruby scolded and Darcy smirked.

"They just turned the stairs yellow."

"You dropped the paint?" Ruby asked stunned.

"Okay, what's going on here?" Brax asked tiredly.

"Oh ****!" Darcy exclaimed.

"Darcy, no swearing. You can explain it to me in the morning, just go to bed." Brax told the kids wearily.

"Okay daddy" Sammie said sweetly. Brax eyed them for a moment before turning around and heading back to bed.

"Get in here before he comes back out." Ruby said as she and Darce grabbed the younger girls dragging them in.

"Oh my god! Joey you idiot!" Nicole exclaimed as he accidently swiped paint down her arm.

"Oops" Joey said with a shrug.

"How are Casey and Kyle going with the furniture?" Tamara asked and Cassie plopped down on the floor.

"Watch the paint" Emily called as Cassie's hand landed in the paint tray.

"Ewww."

"Hello? Girls, furniture?" Tamara repeated.

"Oh right, Uncle Casey accidentally hammered a nail into the kitchen tiles when he put the change table together so now there's a crack and Uncle Kyle nearly killed him for it." Emily said.

"Great." Tamara sighed.

"Do you think we'll get this done in time?" Cassie asked as she started to remove the paint from her arm.

"I hope so." Tamara said as Casey and Kyle walked in carrying the change table.

"Uncle Casey, you're an idiot." Emily said matter of factly.

"Why? What did I do?" Casey asked as they put down the change table.

"You put a crack into the kitchen tiles and now Mum and Dad are gonna be mad at you." Sammie said.

"Yeah, but this will make up for it." Casey said.

"If you say so bro." Kyle said as he carried in the rocking chair.

"Hey if there gonna be mad at anyone it will be Cas, Sammie and you" Casey said to Kyle.

"What for?" Kyle exclaimed.

"The ****ing stairs are yellow!"

"Casey! No swearing" Ruby said waving her hands, a splatter of paint flying off the brush and landing in Taylah's hair.

"Ruby!" Taylah shouted flinging some paint back at her. "How do you like it?"

"I think we should do a mural over there, like a feature wall with zoo animals." Ruby suggested as she indicated over to one of the walls.

Tamara looked at the wall, her head cocked to the side. "That sounds like a good idea, who's a good artist?" She asked the kids.

"I am." Sammie said.

"Alright you do that" Tamara instructed and she turned in Joey. "You can help."

"Nic you gonna do the curtains. The fabrics still in our room right?" Darce asked and Nicole nodded. "I'll help ya."

"Don't you two have more furniture down stairs?" Jade asked as she cocked her head towards her uncles.

"Yeah, yeah. Come on Jack you're helping" Kyle said as he stole the paint from the teenagers hand and threw into the tub of paint.

"Kyle!" Tamara scolded as she swatted his arm.

Kyle laughed. "Come on Jack."

^..^

Charlie woke up to Brax kissing her. She smiled, causing him to break apart from her.

"That's a nice way to be woken up." Charlie smiled as she brought her lips to his once more. Brax's hands slid up her body, coming to rest on her breasts. Their moment was interrupted by a banging on the door.

"Dad, Mum, get up!" Darcy shouted through the door.

Brax groaned, getting up from the bed. "Do we have to?" Brax yelled back.

"Yes!"

"What is it?" Charlie asked as sat up in bed, wrapping her arms around herself.

"Darce wants us to get up." Brax told her.

"Really?" Charlie moaned as they started to crawl out of bed. Slipping on some clothes they swung the bedroom door open and were face to face with everyone.

"What is it?" Brax asked annoyed.

"We wanna show you something!" Chase said proudly.

"It better be good or god help you all." Brax muttered as they followed the kids.

Nicole swung open the door and turned to face Charlie and Brax. "Taa dah!" She exclaimed happily. Brax and Charlie walked in the room, and Charlie clapped a hand over her mouth. "Oh my god kids, it's gorgeous." She gushed.

"We wanted to surprise you." Darcy said.

"Is that why you were up at 3am last night?" Brax asked.

"They were up at 3am last night?" Charlie asked. "Mia, Chase and Drew better not have been up."

"They weren't." Nicole promised.

"What do you think?" Ruby asked and Charlie smiled.

"Its perfect, I love you all. Thank you" Charlie said softly.

^..^

I have a squeal for this. If anyone wants to read it. :)

Archived