Phoebe Nicholson - Isabella Giovinazzo

bijou

To be fair in life not every one is a saint, not everyone is perfect. You have those Phoebe characters. They are fun, they are reckless, they even lack morals. I am not excusing Phoebe's behaviour. Just saying personally I See no problem with Phoebe's characterization technically. I Think Phoebe is hot lol, and she is fun to watch. But that is just me. She is entering Mary Louise terriotory. But I guess that is a major gripe with this show atm. SO maybe people are projecting them onto Phoebe. 

Edited by Luke39

I feel like she's being judged a bit too harshly. I've never loved her, but I don't really hate her either. I absolutely loathed her with every fibre of my being throughout the whole Kyle/Phoebe/Ash/pregnancy thing, but then again Home and Away as a whole treated Kyle badly. Like everyone else, she has her moments, other than that, she's not too bad.

Plus, since we've kinda moved on from the Braxton era, she's actually been quite alright. I quite liked how she clicked with Brody since their first interaction. He can be difficult but there's something there, the easy banter-ish thing they've got going and Phoebe standing up to Brody whenever he's being a prick, I like their scenes. Also low-key hoping Brody x Phoebe will happen at some point, but I really don't want a love triangle between Phoebe and the Morgan-Lee brothers. 

I honestly don't get why it matters who she sleeps with or doesn't sleep with, or how long she's known them before she sleeps with them.  And you know, I don't see Justin being judged for sleeping with her, he's only known her for five minutes too.

Edited by archer
  • Like 1

Phoebe is kind of an unnecessary character, but she isn't the only one. There have been a lot of them during the last years. She isn't worse than Ash, than Denny was most of her stay, Hannah, Ricky during her last 2 years, Tamara, Natalie +++++

I feel that the producers and writers do the wrong priority. They write out characters with potential long before they have got their chance to stay, and many characters stay on for too long. Phoebe is just one of them. She could have worked for a guest character during a few moths, or for a character on her own for a longer period - but then she needed to be developed better. 

But I have never understood the hate, because her behaviour is certainly not any worse than most of the rest. But a character needs more than half hearted romance storylines. 

Edited by jodlebirger

13 hours ago, jodlebirger said:

Phoebe is kind of an unnecessary character, but she isn't the only one. There have been a lot of them during the last years. She isn't worse than Ash, than Denny was most of her stay, Hannah, Ricky during her last 2 years, Tamara, Natalie +++++

I feel that the producers and writers do the wrong priority. They write out characters with potential long before they have got their chance to stay, and many characters stay on for too long. Phoebe is just one of them. She could have worked for a guest character during a few moths, or for a character on her own for a longer period - but then she needed to be developed better. 

But I have never understood the hate, because her behaviour is certainly not any worse than most of the rest. But a character needs more than half hearted romance storylines. 

Yeah Natalie and Tamara were only worth as the Braxtons Girlfriends, when that ended. They were surplus to Requirements. I like Phoebe, but I think she is in the same vein. Like Ricky, beyond dating Brody or Justin, pretty much Brax and Kyle 2.0. What worth does she have? I think H and A need to stop casting really potential Guest Characters as full time regulars. But it well probably continue. 

I think the problem with Phoebe is the problem that exists for all females introduced in the past few years. She is introduced as a Braxton love interest, and is never really developped beyond that. After they split her up from Kyle, it just feels like they are bouncing her from one guy to the next because they don't know what else to do with her. That storyline with Dom is a prime example of that - what exactly did it achieve? I agree with Luke39, that part of the problem is that she has very much become a Mary Sue character. 

• 2 months later...

I have always loved Phoebe! I think her character is great for the show because she is good-looking, free-spirited and positive. Obviously like every character she has her bad moments but I feel she is judged way too harshly by everyone. I would be very interested to see how much longer she will last on the show. I don't want her gone or anything but I have this feeling that the year of 2017 could be her last, but that is purely based off of how long young actors normally stay in the show, so I could be very wrong in speculating this and there has also be no real rumours/announcements of this being set to occur. However I reckon that she has a lot in front of her with the relationship with Justin which will hopefully see her stay on beyond 2017.

There are two things that I really want to happen with Phoebe in the future, the first thing is a relationship with Brody. Obviously her and Justin are together right now but if that doesn't work out then I think Brody and Phoebe would make a great couple, currently they are good friends and get along great so I see potential

Another thing I want to see is her mother join the cast, I think it would be cool because after seeing her dad in 2014 and knowing that they were divorced, I think that Phoebe's mother will be a lot more like her and would be a fun addition to the cast as a guest/recurring role. I am not sure if bringing her in as a regular would happen or not but I still think seeing Phoebe's mum would be awesome 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, sallyandflynnfan said:

I love Phoebe and Isabella a great actress playing her. I hate Phoebe and Justin though, in my opinion Phoebe and Brody have way more of a connection and need to date.

As much as I'd like to see it, I can't see it realistically happening. I don't think Brody would be keen on the idea that  people who run a restaurant together are dating. If they were married or long-term and then decided to open one up then maybe but I just don't think it's the type of thing that Brody would want to do

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER
Fixed quote due to lack of SPAG

51 minutes ago, CaptainTed84 said:

As much as I'd like to see it, I can't see it realistically happening. I don't think Brody would be keen on the idea that  people who run a restaurant together are dating. If they were married or long-term and then decided to open one up then maybe but I just don't think it's the type of thing that Brody would want to do

But i also think that Brody does like Phoebe more then a friend you can tell and see on screen how protective he is over her and you can see that he doesn't want anyone to hurt her and will be there for her no matter what. They like each other I can tell. 

On 8/7/2016 at 8:03 PM, archer said:

I feel like she's being judged a bit too harshly. I've never loved her, but I don't really hate her either. I absolutely loathed her with every fibre of my being throughout the whole Kyle/Phoebe/Ash/pregnancy thing, but then again Home and Away as a whole treated Kyle badly. Like everyone else, she has her moments, other than that, she's not too bad.

Plus, since we've kinda moved on from the Braxton era, she's actually been quite alright. I quite liked how she clicked with Brody since their first interaction. He can be difficult but there's something there, the easy banter-ish thing they've got going and Phoebe standing up to Brody whenever he's being a prick, I like their scenes. Also low-key hoping Brody x Phoebe will happen at some point, but I really don't want a love triangle between Phoebe and the Morgan-Lee brothers. 

I honestly don't get why it matters who she sleeps with or doesn't sleep with, or how long she's known them before she sleeps with them.  And you know, I don't see Justin being judged for sleeping with her, he's only known her for five minutes too.

i agree about Phoebe and Brody clicking from when they first saw each other and that she standing up for him no matter what I kinda want a Morgan Lee love triangle to see both of them fight for Phoebe but she end up with Brody they have a better connection and Brody told her he loved her way before Justin did.

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER
SPAG

• 8 months later...

After Watching 2016 season it really shows Phoebe was very pointless in her last 12 months. I just never bought Phoebe and Justin and I never understood why she took such an interest in Morgans!. 

I mean she was sweet to Raffy but she was only sweet to Raffty because she was connected to the Morgans and I'm not sure how she genuinely it felt as Phoebe's life was Morgans. 

All she did in the last 12 months was just revolve her life around the Morgans and I wish someone would tell Phoebe to get a life. 

It would have been better to have written Phoebe out with Kyle, have Kyle and Phoebe get back together and Phoebe does not lose her baby and they both  they decide to move to Sydney in 2016 . 

Instead of having 12 months of  Phoebe having no life and just moping around a new family come to town. 

She complained for two years about having to be apart of Braxton's life and as soon as they all left what does she do? She gets herself purposely centred into newest family who obviously have got just as much of a colourful life like Braxtons have but in different way of course.  

• Like 1