10 Years of BTTB!

Dan F

I'm sure one of our golden oldies appreciated seeing him on our frontpage again after all these years :wink:

Who would that be then? :whistling:

After taking a trip down the memory lane sewers that was early GC, I was reminded of the fact that one of the very first things I did as a proper Admin was change your username - which in turn started off about half a dozen of the oldies. :P

Over 8 years since Agentsassyj left the building :blink:

• Like 1

It's crazy to think it's been 10 years since the site was set up. I was a regular visitor of it's previous incarnations and remember AussieSoap being set up (quite a unique site to cover multiple soaps) and clearly the change to Back To The Bay and the short lived Neighbours.me.uk - I also seem to remember voting for the name of the site (is that right?) and choosing BTTB. I can't remember the other options, but I think there was one around the Surf Club or something like that.

I remember the excitement over the stalker storyline and episode 4000 particularly fondly, probably the high points in BTTB's timeline as far as the show is concerned, along with all the content for Sally's departure (a low high point) and the 20th anniversary. Thanks to everyone for their hard work over the years.

• Like 1

It's crazy to think it's been 10 years since the site was set up. I was a regular visitor of it's previous incarnations and remember AussieSoap being set up (quite a unique site to cover multiple soaps) and clearly the change to Back To The Bay and the short lived Neighbours.me.uk - I also seem to remember voting for the name of the site (is that right?) and choosing BTTB. I can't remember the other options, but I think there was one around the Surf Club or something like that.

I remember the excitement over the stalker storyline and episode 4000 particularly fondly, probably the high points in BTTB's timeline as far as the show is concerned, along with all the content for Sally's departure (a low high point) and the 20th anniversary. Thanks to everyone for their hard work over the years.

There was a brief time around early 2005(?) when there were some problems with the hosting company and being able to get the BTTB domain renewed, (can't remember the finer details though I'm sure Chris would) which led to a vote on a new name for the site - thesurfclub.net was the winner. Whilst the domain was purchased, I think it was all sorted out in the end before a switch had to be made - though I know the forum was temporarily hosted there at one point.

The forum was also on the domain 'catchsomesun.org' for a while in 2005 too.

The 2005 stalker reveal remained one of the busiest forum days for many years, can't seem to find the stats to show what it is now, but I do remember it being overtaken on a rather random day where not much of note happened.

There was a brief time around early 2005(?) when there were some problems with the hosting company and being able to get the BTTB domain renewed, (can't remember the finer details though I'm sure Chris would) which led to a vote on a new name for the site - thesurfclub.net was the winner. Whilst the domain was purchased, I think it was all sorted out in the end before a switch had to be made - though I know the forum was temporarily hosted there at one point.

The forum was also on the domain 'catchsomesun.org' for a while in 2005 too.

The 2005 stalker reveal remained one of the busiest forum days for many years, can't seem to find the stats to show what it is now, but I do remember it being overtaken on a rather random day where not much of note happened.

Hey do anyone remember the website homeandawaycentral.com/forum?? I wondered why it was closed down? :s I used to be a member of that forum but I used BTTB more than homeandawayycentral, lol. :P

Edited by ~JarlieFanEver~