Channel 5 Transmission Discussion/Updates

630si

Our own Norwegian soap do have a huge break in summer and a smaller one by christmas. Like Australia do with home and away. But home and away is not British. So it is strange that the UK channel is doing this. Why on earth do they need to be that far away behind Australia?

In Norway H&A only has a christmas break from December 23 to January 2., and a three week break during Tour de France which is aired on the same channel. But they will show both winter games and fotball Championships in 2014. So i really do't hope they will go back to air just one episode each weekday from January. I hope TV2 Norway will continue with a double on weekdays at least for a couple of months.

I don't understand the point of being months behind Australia. I don't think there is any rule for this, and I know that at some point UK was only one week behind.

Edited by jodlebirger

Our own Norwegian soap do have a huge break in summer and a samler one by christmas. Like Australia do with home and away. But home and away is not British. So it is strange that the UK channel is doing this. Why on earth do they need to be that far away behind Australia?

In Norway H&A only had a christmas break from December 23 to January 2., and a three week break during Tour de France which is aired on the same channel. But they will show both winter games and fotball Championships in 2014. So i really do't hope they will go back to air just one episode each weekday from January. I hope TV2 Norway will continue with a double on weekdays at least for a couple of months.

I don't understand the point of being months behind Australia. I don't think there is any rule for this, and I know that at some point UK was only one week behind.

You have good memory:)

British soaps are on all year round, which makes Home and Away constantly disappearing from the schedules all the more frustrating/confusing.It used to be on all year round, I think they started having long gaps in broadcast around five years ago but that was only about two or three weeks twice a year.The breaks got longer as we got closer to the Australian transmission, which was understandable. But since 2010 we've been getting further and further behind and instead of getting shorter again the breaks have been getting longer.

I believe Channel 5 has the European premiere rights which means that other European countries aren't allowed to get ahead of them.

British soaps are on all year round, which makes Home and Away constantly disappearing from the schedules all the more frustrating/confusing.It used to be on all year round, I think they started having long gaps in broadcast around five years ago but that was only about two or three weeks twice a year.The breaks got longer as we got closer to the Australian transmission, which was understandable. But since 2010 we've been getting further and further behind and instead of getting shorter again the breaks have been getting longer.

I believe Channel 5 has the European premiere rights which means that other European countries aren't allowed to get ahead of them.

Ok. So that means that we will probably get one ep each weekday from January. Then we will be about five months behind after Australias break.

That sounds so stupid, why would they not want us to be ahead of them?

I suppose it's to minimise the chance of their viewers getting copies of the episodes from other countries although in this day and age it doesn't make much difference.

I really don´t think they will care about that in my country, they will probably keep on showing two episodes each day til they are right behind Australia