Matt Page - Alec Snow

bijou

Just re-watching some recent Matt and Evie scenes... and something randomly occurred to me- when did Matt start drinking again?

In the period after he admitted to Leah and Nate that he needed help and went to the retreat, the aftermath was fairly ok- there were mentions of his drug and alcohol counsellor, I remember at least Leah and Josh mentioning his sobriety (maybe others but I don't remember anymore than that!), and for a while after that whenever other characters in scenes with him were drinking, he wasn't. But nowadays he's seen drinking with Ash and Justin and stuff?

I know they haven't forgot his past problems, because when Matt was helping Evie out with the safe zone for the Schoolies, he told her when he was drinking he could have used a refuge like it. But was there ever a mention of when Matt actually did start drinking again?(Not to excess like before, I know.) I can't remember it, it just seemed to randomly start happening again!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, xxdanixx said:

Just re-watching some recent Matt and Evie scenes... and something randomly occurred to me- when did Matt start drinking again?

That's a really interesting question! I had actually kind of forgotten about his drinking being a problem. They've obviously decided to shelve that then. I know he was drinking when the two couples (Josh and Evie / Matt and Maddy) went to the city and Josh proposed. They had a bottle of champagne. But I don't remember the first time I saw him with alcohol since his 'troubles'. Was he drinking at the formal at the start of 2016? I'm not sure... He certainly doesn't seem to be at all worried about it now though :huh:

I'll say Matts more in control, then he was back in 2014 was it. When Sasha left. He has evolved from College Drop out. To a reliable guy. With a stable job. And who looks after his sister. So I'll say his drinking is more casual now. Speaking of his sister? Did she die? lol. I mean when's the last time we saw her. 

Edited by Luke39

9 hours ago, Luke39 said:

I'll say Matts more in control, then he was back in 2014 was it. When Sasha left. He has evolved from College Drop out. To a reliable guy. With a stable job. And who looks after his sister. So I'll say his drinking is more casual now. Speaking of his sister? Did she die? lol. I mean when's the last time we saw her. 

It's been a while, but she is only a recurring character meaning that she doesn't appear as frequent as the others. Hopefully with the new school year set to begin we see more of her and the school in general in 2017

I agree with you guys- that he's a different guy, in a totally different place, than he was back when he was drinking to escape his problems- I just couldn't remember if the show had ever adressed that! I kind of wish they had; it could have been an interesting little mini-story for Matt, trying to establish with himself when he'd been past his problems long enough to trust himself and figure out that he'd be ok, he had different coping mechanisms now, that he could casually drink without ending up in rehab or turning into his dad (because that used to be such a worry for him) etc... Ah well! 

• Like 1

Just on the mention of Ellie's whereabouts

Spoiler

I saw on instagram that Olivia, who plays Raffy, put up a post wishing her a happy birthday, and saying she "was" so lucky to work with her. Could be reading into it too much, or it could simply have been the phrasing, but the way it sounded to me was that she was done. I can kind of see why if Alec is leaving (or has left), but surely they'll have to show her before he leaves? He'd never leave her with no goodbye. And isn't she supposed to still be living with him and Roo?

Edited by Dan F
Spoiler tag added just in case

Just now, xxdanixx said:
Spoiler

Just on the mention of Ellie's whereabouts- I saw on instagram that Olivia, who plays Raffy, put up a post wishing her a happy birthday, and saying she "was" so lucky to work with her. Could be reading into it too much, or it could simply have been the phrasing, but the way it sounded to me was that she was done. I can kind of see why if Alec is leaving (or has left), but surely they'll have to show her before he leaves? He'd never leave her with no goodbye. And isn't she supposed to still be living with him and Roo?

Ellie was in this week's Oz eps

3 hours ago, Dan F said:

Ellie was in this week's Oz eps

I know, I thought she was really cute with Matt, I love seeing him in big brother mode :)

Sorry, I was probably unclear in my phrasing. I was more talking of a resolution of her story along with Matt's, given that Alec's departure seems to mean hers too.