Are the current producers ruining Home and Away?

JamesC10

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah from a kiwi I've noticed Aussie life. I mean back in the day we had Zoe the Stalker. I mean even in 2008 one of my fav seasons from the show. You had Johnny Cooper. Etc.  But they always balanced it out with depicting Aussie lifestyle and culture. I guess lack of balance, pacing, and consistency is the main issue. The pacing tends to be over blown. When you have that harsh thriller music tone. And at the end some individual is getting beat to the ground. To the point your like, am I watching Blue Heelers, Underbelly, or Home and Away? It would be great if they brought in a Family this season. Who weren't criminals, or on the run, or in Witness Protection. Who are just an every day Aussie Family. Like The Holdens or The Walkers. So it balances it all out. 

I think a massive part of the problem can be seen when we compare the 2006-2008 era to the current Braxton-Morgan era. Characters who committed crimes were punished for them, and their acts were seen as wrong and outraged the town, especially when committed against "good and law abiding" citizens. Jump to this current time, and we are expected to feel empathy and side with those who CONTINUALLY break the law, and are not justifiably reprimanded. I personally think this decline started after Angelo got away with "killing" Jack and the whole Hugo boat smuggling saga. 

22 minutes ago, joany208121 said:

I think a massive part of the problem can be seen when we compare the 2006-2008 era to the current Braxton-Morgan era. Characters who committed crimes were punished for them, and their acts were seen as wrong and outraged the town, especially when committed against "good and law abiding" citizens. Jump to this current time, and we are expected to feel empathy and side with those who CONTINUALLY break the law, and are not justifiably reprimanded. I personally think this decline started after Angelo got away with "killing" Jack and the whole Hugo boat smuggling saga. 

Yes Villians are now the victims?

18 minutes ago, Luke39 said:

Brax comes to mind Haha. But yeah to extend on that. Also punishing well meaning characters. But rewarding the crims. But yeah ^ hope that changed. 

If it works for ratings why would they. I remember debating with one of my sources that one Aussie actor didn't want to play the baddie and turn down roles because of that yet later on did. Some enjoy being evil? I rather see the opposite we need heroes

3 hours ago, joany208121 said:

But they're hot. Good looking people don't go to jail :wink:

Archived