Are the current producers ruining Home and Away?

JamesC10

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, well maybe you could not go on about that. Try that.

??

Ok, to spell it out.. Lots of threads turn into Braxton hate threads (guilty), but then members such as yourself do tend to go into each of these threads and post that it's becoming anti-Braxton. That too, is repetitive.

Is there anything really wrong with a anti-Braxton thread? Not everyone likes the Braxtons and it's not really fair to have a pro-Braxton or don't speak rule. As long as posts are sensible, don't cross a line and people aren't attacking each other, then it's just the same as a pro-Braxton thread, just with negative opinions instead of positive opinions. Right?

Yeah, well maybe you could not go on about that. Try that.

??

Ok, to spell it out.. Lots of threads turn into Braxton hate threads (guilty), but then members such as yourself do tend to go into each of these threads and post that it's becoming anti-Braxton. That too, is repetitive.

Yes they do and I am only posting my opinion that it gets repetitive. Pretty much every spoiler thread turns into the exact first post of this thread. And I don't actually always comment about it being "anti"

Is there anything really wrong with a anti-Braxton thread? Not everyone likes the Braxtons and it's not really fair to have a pro-Braxton or don't speak rule. As long as posts are sensible, don't cross a line and people aren't attacking each other, then it's just the same as a pro-Braxton thread, just with negative opinions instead of positive opinions. Right?

None at all. All I was saying every thread turns anti, not even about the Braxton's but the writers etc Like I mentioned above about spoiler threads turning off topic constantly about the same thing.

Anyway will leave you all to it :)

I like to think I approached this thread with an open mind.Let me just make it clear, there are no such things as anti-Braxton or pro-Braxton threads.There are discussion threads in which anyone can post their opinion on the subject.And according to the title, this thread isn't about the Braxtons, even though the first post seemed to spend a lot of its time on a lenthy recap of everything the poster hates about Brax and Casey.

To be honest, it feels like this thread could have been beamed in from two years ago.It hasn't been, of course, since it makes reference to recent events but it seems like people formed opinions back then and are just looking for more evidence to support them.I'm not sure if it's off topic for me to argue points that belong in the character discussion thread instead of discussing what this topic is supposed to be about or not when the thread seems to have gone off topic right from the word go, with a massively lopsided summation of Casey's actions(ignoring his big brotherly attitude towards Jett, his protectiveness towards Jamie, his clear affection for his brothers including Kyle who he's got plenty of reason not to be friendly towards, the massive amount of support he gave Indi when Romeo abandoned her and the massive amount of flack he got from her as a reward, the way he befriended Maddy without any ulterior motive)and a rather black and white conclusion that because Brax used the proceeds of criminal activity to set up a legitimate business, everyone who accepts help from him and presumably by extension anyone who buys a pizza off him is an accessory to drug smuggling.Presumably the people making those arguments would rather Pippa died than Sally accept Brax's money.Many of the comments that follow seem like desperately looking for something to complain about.Brax didn't tell Alf he made the donation, he made a slip of the tongue and then covered for it.I can't blame him for getting cross about Sasha blaming Casey for an accident when he was the victim, I was actually more angry about Sasha promptly going to Spencer and telling him lies about Casey drinking.And no, Hayley didn't have to hit Brax over the head with a rock to escape, he let her go.

Trying desperately to get back on topic, I think there is a tendency among fans of anything to declare it "ruined forever" if it departs from what they consider essential to its success.And I argued against that point quite a bit in a topic with a similar title to this one just a few months back.Yes, at the moment it tends to focus heavily on certain cast members and ignore others.This is nothing new. It features several bland teenage relationships which are made out to be better than they are.It attempts to portray characters in a sympathetic light by having them interact with popular characters in a friendly manner:That's a standard television technique, not something to be held up as an example of what's gone wrong.(And speaking as someone who is far from blind to Brax's faults, I actually think his helping Sally was perfectly in character.He's not long lost a nephew in tragic circumstances and couldn't do anything to help then, it's only human for him to want to make up for that by helping a sick child when he can.)I haven't seen any evidence in this thread or in the show that the programme has been in any way "ruined".

Watch 1988-1990 H&A you could call it The Fletcher Show. Or 1988-2003 you could call it the Donald Fisher Show or Alf Stewart Show. Or Shane And Angel Show. However I think even if they featured heavily at times, I dont think it was as dominant as The Braxtons. Lucy Addario is clueless and so is Louise Bowes and they day they leave the ageing soap I shall buy some champagne. Without sounding as grump as Alf or Don I think the Braxtons are like cough medicine, alright in small doses.

Archived