H&A vs Neighbours?

Homeandawayfan.

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's hard to tell really, there are people who only watch Neighbours and there are people who only watch H&A. In my country H&A is definately bigger even if it is not shown anymore, N were never shown here at all. I think they both are the reasons why they last so long. Makers of N don't want their show to have lasted shorter than H&A and makers of H&A don't want to be shorter-lived than N.

I have asked for the mods to move this to the What Do You Think forum as since I posted this have found that is the place for polls.

No other Aussie soap has made the impact that Neighbours and Home And Away have. They are the Aussie Corrie and EastEnders.

I still havent voted yet because I dont know if one is more inconic than the other.

Interesting question.

In Britain, Neighbours is definitely the more popular soap as opposed to Home and Away which has reached higher ratings in Australia consistently, but we do have to remember that in Australia Home and Away is on Channel 7 which is accessed by anyone who owns a TV regardless of it being Analogue or Digital, whereas those with Analogue TV can't get access to Channel ELEVEN which is where Neighbours airs its episodes now as opposed to Channel 10 which everyone had accessed to regardless on Analogue or Digital and it aired on Channel 10 from 1986 to early 2011. It was on Channel 7 in 1985 until the show was axed and picked by channel 10.

I like both shows equally. Home and Away has always been the darker soap in my view when it comes to stories, but I can't split between the two soaps to be honest.

I think if you were to ask people which soap is more iconic in Australia, most would say Home and Away because of the fact that it's heavily advertised in Australia as opposed to Neighbours which rarely receives any coverage in magazines unless you look hard enough. In Britain, it would be Neighbours I think, but correct me if I'm wrong for those who live in Britain.

Interesting question.

In Britain, Neighbours is definitely the more popular soap as opposed to Home and Away which has reached higher ratings in Australia consistently, but we do have to remember that in Australia Home and Away is on Channel 7 which is accessed by anyone who owns a TV regardless of it being Analogue or Digital, whereas those with Analogue TV can't get access to Channel ELEVEN which is where Neighbours airs its episodes now as opposed to Channel 10 which everyone had accessed to regardless on Analogue or Digital and it aired on Channel 10 from 1986 to early 2011. It was on Channel 7 in 1985 until the show was axed and picked by channel 10.

I like both shows equally. Home and Away has always been the darker soap in my view when it comes to stories, but I can't split between the two soaps to be honest.

I think if you were to ask people which soap is more iconic in Australia, most would say Home and Away because of the fact that it's heavily advertised in Australia as opposed to Neighbours which rarely receives any coverage in magazines unless you look hard enough. In Britain, it would be Neighbours I think, but correct me if I'm wrong for those who live in Britain.

I would say you were right but perhaps not so much now. Neighbours will always be iconic here in the UK because of the Scott and Charlene era. The ratings during the late 80s were incredible and will always have a place in popular culture because of that. But on the whole I think Home and Away is more respected. Especially now they are watched on the same channel over here.

Archived