Everything To Me

Hey guy, I'm back finally. The holidays have been crazy. Thank you for the comments. Enjoy :)

CHAPTER FORTY TWO

"I've missed kissing you" replied Charlie, her hands moving back down to his chest

Brax nodded and leaned his forehead against Charlie's. He grinned as Charlie placed another, even if quick kiss on his lips

Charlie smiled "Sorry" she pulled her head back so she could look at him properly "You want me to wait for you to finish up here"

"I'm done now" said Brax. Pulling away from her he walked back to the bar. Let me just make sure everything is switched off then we can head off

Charlie smiled at him and her smile widened when Brax really smiled at her "Ok"

"Morning" Charlie smiled as she saw Brax sat on the couch with, Riley, in his arms. When she had woken to find the space beside her empty, her stomach had dropped thinking, Brax still hadn't been able to spend the night in their bed. So seeing him with Riley, she was more than relieved

"Hey" he smiled up at Charlie

"Thought maybe you had ditched me" Charlie gave a small smile

Brax looked up at her and shook his head "This little guy was making a bit of a fuss and you seemed really tired so I didn't want to wake you. I just gave him a bottle"

Charlie nodded as she walked to the couch, sitting down besides Brax "I figured you had him when I didn't see him in his cot" looking down at, Riley, Charlie ran her hand over his head "All you seem to do is eat and sleep little buddy"

Brax chuckled "You should be thankful, or are you forgetting the many sleepless nights we had with Hope and Caleb"

Charlie groaned, like she could ever forget "You're kidding right? I was tempted to leave them at your mothers doorstep just so I could get a few hours of sleep" Charlie smiled down at Riley "But you're nothing like that are you, sweetie"

"Think he'll be quieter than the twins when he's a little older?" asked Brax and Charlie cocked an eyebrow

"I don't think it's possible to find kids louder and more of an handful than Hope and Caleb"

Brax laughed "Good point"

Charlie glanced at Brax "You going to work today?" she asked

"Na... got Sam to take care of this morning's shift. I want to see how well he copes handling a shift on his own"

Charlie nodded "He's doing well then?"

Brax nodded "Yea, kids really young but he's got a good head on his shoulder" Brax looked down at Riley who was now asleep "And he's out" he chuckled and stood to his feet "How about we put him to bed and try and get a few more hours of sleep before Hope and Caleb wake up"

Charlie nodded "Sounds like a plan"

Charlie lay, waiting for Brax to return to their room. She smiled at him as he closed the door and finally slipped into their bed. Things may be moving in the right direction but they were far from perfect, Charlie knew this. Wanting to rest her head on his chest but unsure how he would react, she settled for lying on her side, facing him

"Hey" Brax smiled down at Charlie and she smiled back

"Hey"

Neither of the two spoke for a moment before Brax sighed lightly

"What you thinking?" he asked, shifted around a little so he was positioned comfortably

Charlie gave a quick smile, one hand coming to rest next to her face "Nothing"

Brax shook his head "If we're going to work on getting back to us, we need to be honest"

Charlie blinked at him "I just… it feels a little weird" she bit into the corner of her bottom lip "I'm not sure how to act… or what to do to make this right, to get back to me and you"

Brax thought on what Charlie had said and nodded "How about we start with you coming a little closer. If I remember correctly, my chest is the one place you like resting your head" he gave her a small grin and Charlie gave a big smile

"You sure?" she asked and Brax nodded

"If you don't use it, who will?"

Charlie smiled as Brax lay on his back and reached out to pull her to him. Resting her head on his chest she sighed in content before winding her arm around his waist

"I've missed you so much" said Charlie

"I've missed you too"

Ruby smiled over at Casey as Brax walked into the kitchen and placed a kiss on Charlie's temple. Both Ruby and Casey had noticed that there had been a huge improvement between Charlie and Brax this morning

"Ready to go?" Brax turned to, Ruby

"Yep" jumping off the kitchen stool, she grabbed an apple "I didn't eat much, I figured you would be feeding me"

Bra rolled his eyes "Of course you did"

"So what are you both doing today?" asked Charlie

Ruby shrugged "I figured we could go for a surf at our beach and then maybe go into Yabbie Creak?" she looked at Brax questioningly

"Sounds like a plan" replied Brax

"You do know it's not called 'your' beach, right?" said Casey "It has a name"

Ruby pulled her tongue out at him "I'll call it whatever I want"

Casey rolled his eyes "Well I'm off" standing to his feet he walked to Ruby and placed a quick kiss on her lips "I'm meeting Dex at the diner"

"Ok" Ruby nodded "We should get going too" she said to Brax

"Yea" turning to, Charlie, Brax smiled "You going to be ok?"

Charlie shrugged "Seeing as your mum as stolen the twins and Riley for the afternoon and my daughter is stealing you, I might get in a few hours of uninterrupted sleep"

Brax nodded "Ok, see you later"

Charlie smiled "See you later"

"Hey darl" Irene smiled as Charlie walked into the diner "No Riley today?"

Charlie smiled as she walked over to the counter, "No, Cheryl's got him for a few hours and Ruby as stolen my husband for a few more hours. I did plan on just sleeping but I couldn't seem to nod off so I figured some fresh air and some good food was in order"

Irene nodded and chuckled "Well, Chris is in the kitchen today, so I'm not too sure about good food"

Charlie gave a small laugh "Well I can't really talk"

Irene chuckled "So what would you like to drink?"

"Just a bottle of water please Irene" Irene nodded

"Will bring that over to you" she said as another customer approached the counter. Charlie nodded and turned around to look for a vacant table when she saw, Nina, sat at the very back of the restaurant, Hanna sat beside her. Contemplating her next move, Charlie blew out a breath before walking to Nina's table. Nina seemed to be looking in Charlie's direction, but by the blankness in her eyes, Charlie knew, Nina, couldn't see her or anyone else for that matter

"Hey"

Charlie frowned as Nina seemed to be startled by her appearance "Sorry, didn't mean to disturb you"

Nina looked up at Charlie for a moment before she slowly shook her head "Sorry, I was miles away" she seemed to them realise that it was Charlie she was talking to "Look I'm not trying to cause any trouble ok. I'm sorry about the trouble I caused but I promise I won't be disturbing any of you"

Charlie shook her head, she felt an abundant amount of sympathy for Nina "I'm not here to make you feel bad, I just wanted to see if you were ok"

Nina frowned, why on earth would Charlie care "Why?" You should be putting up a petition to try and get me out of the Bay" Nina glanced at Hanna, who seemed too engross in what she was drawing to even notice what the adults were discussing "I'm so sorry about me accusing your husband of..." Nina shook her head "I would never ever have done that if I didn't think..."

Charlie nodded "I know" she looked down at the vacant seat "You mind if I sit?"

Nina looked at Charlie like she had grown two heads but found herself shaking her head. Taking a seat, Charlie, placed her purse down on the table and smiled as, Irene, brought over her bottle of water

"Here you are doll. Let me know when you're ready to order" Charlie nodded and gave Irene a small smile. Waiting until Irene was out of ear shot, Nina, spoke before, Charlie, could

"Why are you being so nice to me?" asked Nina, her voice low "I could have ruined your family"

Charlie watched Nina, how could she be angry at her when she could see what Nina was dealing with "I believe you when you say that you never intended to hurt me or my family. Your honest nature is clear; I think that is why I so readily believed you when you turned up at my door"

"But you and Brax are ok right?" asked Nina and Charlie saw the worry in her eyes "I would hate to think that my stupidity caused any troubles with the both of you"

Charlie gave her a small smile "We're doing ok"

Nina nodded "Good. And you don't have to worry about seeing me around; I'm going to probably head back to the city"

"You don't have to do that because of me. I'm not going to hold a grudge against you"

Nina blinked "You're too nice, I would"

Charlie sighed "You seem a little off" she wondered how best to tackle the topic, what if she was wrong "I heard a while back that you were having bad nightmares" Charlie saw a shot of panic shoot through, Nina's eyes "And then the way you acted on the beach…"

Nina blinked "What way?"

"Jumpy" replied Charlie "Alert. I'm not trying to pry, I just..." she stopped talking as she noticed Nina's gaze move to Hanna and Nina's eyes well up

"Err..." Charlie glanced around the restaurant "The caravan park is probably not the most comfortable place at all times. I have a free house at the moment and lots of toys for Hanna to play with. How about you come round?"

"Why?" asked Nina "Why, are you doing this?"

Charlie, pushed back a strand of hair from her face "Because I have a feeling we have a little more in common than you think and 'm thinking you need someone to talk to" she looked at Nina "But if you don't want to you don't have to. I mean in reality we don't really know each other" but Charlie knew that talking to people you had no connection to was always easier than telling those you cared about

Nina, looked back down at Hanna. She seemed to be contemplating something "I would really appreciate that" she said looking up at Charlie

"Ok" replied Charlie
"Can I play?" Hanna held up one of Caleb's tractor toys and Charlie smiled

"Sure. You can play with anything you like"

The young girl grinned at Charlie, before plunking down in front of numerous toys. Walking around the couch Charlie passed the cup of coffee over to Nina and sat down next to her on the couch

"Thanks" Nina, placed both arms firmly around the cup "I must look a right state if you're willing to be around me and not punch me in the face"

Charlie placed her cup down on the coffee table "Let's just say you don't look like the Nina that rocked up at my front door a few weeks ago"

Nina nodded "I wish I hadn't ever come here..."

Charlie looked at her "Why's that?"

"As bad as it sounds, living and believing that I had, had a stupid one night stand with a married man is far better than knowing, I..." Nina felt her throat close up "Things were easier back then"

"I err... I bumped into Sid" said Charlie and, Nina's head shut up. Charlie quickly held her hands out

"He didn't tell me much... he isn't that kind of person. But I got enough information to kind of work out what is going on with you"

Nina looked at Charlie sharply, before she stood to her feet. Placing her coffee down on the coffee table, Nina shook her head "I don't know what you think you know but..."

"I know the signs" said Charlie. She remained calm, keeping her words simple

Nina shook her head "You don't know anything about me"

"What if I tell you I've also been through the same thing?"

Nina stopped at this as she stared at, Charlie. Her tongue darted out onto her dry lips "What?" her voice was barely above a whisper

"I was much younger than you but I remember that feeling so vividly, it's scary" said Charlie. She looked up at Nina who was still stood, now with her arms wrapped around herself "But I remembered it all, there was and still is nothing I can do to forget. But I knew of a girl who had suffered from repressed memory" Charlie exhaled as she thought back to that young girl she had met such a long time ago. "I recall her saying she only ever got small sliced up flashbacks of that night but it was enough for her to know what had happened to her"

Nina was now shaking, she backed away from Charlie a little bit more "I...I don't know what you're talking about"

"You're scared" added Charlie "And that's fine, in fact it's normal. But if you really don't want to talk about it then I'll stop, but I'm here. Like I said I know how you feel... in a way"

Nina stood unspoken for a moment and Charlie could see the wheels turning in her head

"It couldn't have happened" Nina finally spoke as she shook her head, denying what she already knew "I woke the next morning and apart from a headache and a bit of ache on my body, I felt normal. Almost no different to what I felt every other night I had been out and gotten drunk" She swallowed the lump in her throat "So it couldn't have happened, I would have known"

"I'm not sure how that would feel" said Charlie, she looked at Nina attentively. She knew first hand that accepting what had happened to you was the first step to fighting back "I can imagine that not knowing anything had ever happened but suffering it every day must be hell. Those dreams, they must have scared you"

Nina glanced back at Hanna, she could feel herself caving "They didn't make sense" she replied turning back to Charlie "It always felt like I was suffocating, like someone...a hand was cutting off my blood supply" She shook her head "But it never made sense... I never thought" she blinked and an unexpected tear fell from her eyes "How does anyone forgot that" her body was beginning to shake

"It's your mind's way of coping with it. Plus given that you had, had a few to drinks it was probably easier for you to block it out"

"Two nights ago, a lot came back" said Nina she was still standing "But I can't see... there isn't a face" her voice cracked "Someone... I can't remember a face"

"What do you remember?" asked Charlie, she was beginning to wonder if she should call someone. Nina was beginning to really shake

Nina looked at her, her brows pinched together. She looked down at the empty space on the couch and slowly sat back down. She looked out at the window on the opposite side of the room

"Would you like some water" asked Charlie but Nina didn't reply, she just started ahead of her. Starting to think this was a bad idea and that she had pushed Nina too far too soon, Charlie was about to tell Nina they didn't have to talk about it anymore, just as Nina finally spoke

"I remember the pressure on my body, a heat that felt cold at the same time. It feels like I'm being pressed down by a brick wall, and I have no energy to push it back, to escape. Then I feel the hand on my throat, pinning me to one place then just before I wake there is a sort of grunt, but I never see a face, I don't see anything but darkness" Blowing out a shaky breath, she continued "How could it have happened when I can't even remember it. All I have is a feeling and a black hole"

Charlie placed her hand on Nina's arm, but she quickly retracted as Nina jumped at her touch. Charlie had been right it had been too much too soon as Nina stood to her feet again

"I…" she shook her head, hr eyes glazed over her lids blinking rapidly "I need to go"

Charlie stood to her feet "Nina…"

"No" Nina shook her head and walked over to Hanna "Come on, we have to go"

"We have to?" Hanna's eyes wide, pleading with her mum

"Yes" Nina nodded and pried the toy in, Hanna' hand from her and dropped it to the floor "We're going now"

"Nina" Charlie walked towards Nina but Nina stepped back

"Stop ok" Nina's voice was shaky and Charlie could her hands trembling "I don't need anyone trying to analyse me"

Charlie shook her head "That wasn't what I was trying to do. I know this can't be easy…"

"Stop saying that" Nina picked Hanna up and placed her on her hip as she walked to the door

"Nina, running away isn't going to make this go away. Just please…"

"No. Please stay away from me, ok" with that Nina walked out the front door

Charlie bowed her head and cursed under her breath, a part of her wanted to go after Nina but the part of her that knew the pain Nina must be feeling, knew it was best to give her time. Nina needed to work through her emotion on her own first

"Hey" Charlie smiled a Ruby and Brax walked into the house. She sighed and shook her head at the mountains of bags in Ruby's grip. Turing to Brax she cocked an eyebrow but Brax simply gave her an easy smile

"I thought you guys said you weren't going shopping today"

"We weren't planning to, but after we went surfing, I got a little peckish so we went to get something to eat and there were just so many nice shops around" said Ruby

Charlie rolled her eyes "'m not sure why I'm even surprised" she walked into the kitchen "Twins will be back soon and unless you want, Hope, to have both your heads, I would hide all those bags"

Brax chuckled "Not to worry we brought a few things for her too and Caleb and even Riley"

"Mum you need to come see the dungarees we brought for Riley, it is the cutest"

Ruby walked into the kitchen with the dungarees and Charlie smiled as he took it from Ruby

"This is cute" she glanced up at both Brax and Ruby, trying not to smile "But this doesn't mean I happy about the amount of money you both spend when left alone"

Brax rolled his eyes and placed a kiss on her temple "We brought a few things for you too"

Charlie looked up at him "Oh yea"

"Yep" replied Ruby" And I promise you'll like them"

Charlie cleared her throat "Well I guess if you've already brought them, there isn't much I can do about it"

Both Ruby and Brax chuckled as Charlie walked into the living room to survey what was in the bags

"Told you it would work" whispered Ruby

"I heard that" shouted Charlie and Brax laughed as he followed Ruby out of the kitchen

Watching Brax, through his routine as he stripped down for the night, Charlie smiled as he slid into their bed and pulled her to him. Her head resting on his chest, her hand on his waist, she thought back to her encounter with Nina earlier that day. She didn't feel right keeping it from Brax, especially because the topic involved Nina. Exhaling, Charlie kept her head on Brax's chest as she spoke

"Don't freak out…ok" she said quietly

Brax frowned, and looked down at Charlie but she still at her head placed on his chest "I'm guessing you're talking to me" he said, his tone cautious

Charlie nodded "Yea, just here me out ok"

Brax exhaled, wondering what Charlie was about to say "Ok"

"I spoke to Nina today" Charlie paused waiting for Brax to say something but when he remained quiet she pressed on "I actually invited her back to the house"

That quickly seemed to get Brax's attention as she felt him stiffen beneath her.

"You what?" his tone was calm but she could hear the anger in it

Lifting her head from his chest Charlie pushed herself up until she was seated with her legs curled beneath her "Just hear me out first, please"

Brax clicked his tongue but nodded. He wanted to know what reason she could possibly have for inviting Nina into their home

"When the test came back negative" Charlie bit on her bottom lip "I saw her on the beach and approached her" she sighed "I was just so angry and wanted to know how she could lie like that, but…" Charlie thought back to that day "She seemed confused, almost afraid and a little lost" Charlie placed her hand on her lap and started fiddling with her fingers "She was saying how sorry she was and how she didn't know. It was weird, but she seemed broke in a way. Roo had mentioned in the diner a while back that Nina had been suffering from some really bad dreams so after what happened on the beach I tried to question Sid about it when I bumped into him… and I just knew" she shook her head "he didn't give me much but that look on his face when I mentioned her name, doctors had given me that look before"

Brax frowned he had been waiting for Charlie to get to the punch line but now he was just confused "knew what?" he sighed "That she's delusional"

Charlie shook her head "Brax, Nina thought you were Hanna's dad because you truly were the last person she saw that night… well remembered seeing. Nina suffered from repressed memory"

Brax's frown deepened and he sat up, so his back was leaning against the head rest "You lost me. What does this have to do with you inviting her back into our home?"

Charlie sighed "Brax, Nina was raped and I'm pretty sure it happened that night after you dropped her off"

Brax looked at Charlie blinking and unspoken "Raped" he sounded completely shocked and Charlie nodded "Did she tell you this?"

"She didn't come right out and say it. I had started getting through to her but it got a bit much for her and she practically ran out of here with Hanna. But I have no doubt about what happened to her"

"How?" asked Brax "How can you be so sure?"

Charlie looked down at her hands before looking back up at Brax "I can relate and spotting the signs isn't to difficult when you know what you're looking for. Plus… I could see it in her eyes. She was scared, she was in pain but most of all she was broke"

Brax blew out a breath; he hadn't thought that this was what Charlie was going to say. He had thought Nina had just been desperate for a father for Hanna and was trying to pin it on him

"You said she had repressed memory" said Brax and Charlie nodded

"It's the only way to explain why she was so sure that you was Hanna's father. It is known that some rape victims can block out the events of rape. Unusually it happens to much younger victims but I think given that Nina was intoxicated that night, it was easy for her memory to repress it along with other events from that night"

"Does she remember who it was that…" Brax trailed off. No longer was he thinking about how Charlie could have invited Nina into their home. Now all he could think of was what Nina had gone through after he had left that night

Charlie shook her head "No… I think some of her memory of what happened that night is still repressed but I think she is starting to uncover things bit by bit" Charlie watched Brax as he took in the information. She wasn't sure about how he would react to what she was about to say next but still she took the plunge

"If you say no I won't but I really would like to help her. I just think she needs someone to talk things through with. I know her turning up caused a bit of trouble for us but she didn't do any of this maliciously. Right now she'll be confused and scared" Charlie sighed "I just…" she shrugged "I have this urge to offer her support… if she wants to"

Brax looked at Charlie unspoken for a long moment before he slowly nodded, he could see her in her eyes how important this was for her "I don't want this to bring things back for you"

Charlie shook her head "For the first time I feel like I can use what happened to me to help someone, I just want to try and help her, even if only a little"

Brax sighed and pulled Charlie to him. He held her to him not wanting to think about what she had been through at the hands of Grant. It had been a long while since he had thought about it

"Ok"

Charlie smiled as she wrapped her arm around Brax "Thank you"

Charlie had just put Riley down in his moses basket as she heard a knock on the door. Given that Brax had, had to go into work, Ruby and Casey were spending the day with Dex and April and the twins had just left for a play date, she really hoped it was someone to come keep her company.

Reaching the front of the house, Charlie pulled open the door and stopped short as she saw Nina stood, her arms wrapped around herself

"Hey" Charlie spoke tentatively

Nina pursed her lips, and Charlie could see how broken she was

"I didn't know who else to go to" said Nina and Charlie nodded as she stepped back from the door

"Come in"

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments guys. Enjoy :)

CHAPTER FORTY THREE

Reaching the front of the house, Charlie pulled open the door and stopped short as she saw Nina stood, her arms wrapped around herself

"Hey" Charlie spoke tentatively

Nina pursed her lips, and Charlie could see how broken she was

"I didn't know who else to go to" said Nina and Charlie nodded as she stepped back from the door

"Come in"

"Where's Anna?" asked Charlie as she passed the cup of coffee to Nina before taking a seat

"Marilyn was nice enough to take her for the afternoon. I just…" Nina gripped the cup in her hand, her gaze fixed on the coffee table "I just needed to think for a while… I didn't plan on rocking up on your doorstep"

"Well I'm glad you did" replied Charlie

Nina's gaze remained on the table and Charlie sat quietly, allowing Nina space and waiting for her to make the first move on broaching the subject. The last thing Charlie wanted was for Nina to run away again

A long moment of silence stretched between the two, Charlie carefully watching Nina and Nina's gaze locked on the coffee table. Finally Nina spoke

"How do I get pass this?" her voice quiet

Charlie thought for a moment "You take it a day at a time. There is no right or wrong way of dealing with being the victim of rape"

Nina winced, still no used to having that word associated with her

"How did you get past it?" Nina finally looked up at Charlie and Charlie could see the rawness in her eyes. She could see the tears sitting at the forefront of her gaze, waiting to break the damp "You seem so put together. How? after what happened?"

Charlie cocked her head, her own cup of coffee in her hand "I took each day at a time" she answered "I won't lie to you and say that what happened to me no longer sits with me, because it does. It's not something you can erase or forget. But when I finally started to really deal with it, I took each day at a time. It wasn't easy and I didn't get to where I am today without my own bumps and falls, trust me there was plenty falls. But each time I got back up and eventually when I let people around me in, when I let them help me get back up, falling wasn't so painful"

Nina looked at Charlie "Its been three years and I didn't even remember, so how can I complain it. You remembered right from the moment it happened, you remembered everything"

Charlie sighed "It doesn't make it any less breaking. I can image that it's a lot harder to come to terms with. I can imagine even just the feeling it leaves behind is enough to break a person. When someone violates you like that and takes from you what isn't there to take, it doesn't matter what the circumstances, it breaks you the same way, so never put down what you went through"

"You don't ever forget?" asked Nina and Charlie shook her head

"No, it was errr... my boyfriend of the time. I was only thirteen" Charlie saw Nina's eyes widened and she shrugged "It doesn't matter what the age is, it hurts the same"

Nina thought for a moment, before she asked "What happened to him?"

"Long story" replied Charlie "But he's dead now"

"Does that make it better for you. Knowing he isn't around anymore?" asked Nina

Charlie shifted in her seat; no one had actually ever asked her that before "Honestly… sometimes I am so grateful, because I know there is no way for him to do that to anyone else. But there are other times, when I wish he wasn't"

Nina frowned "Why?"

"Because I sometimes think that even death is too good for him or too soon for him to really comprehend what he took from me as a result of what he did. I sometimes wish he had lived and that he was stuck in a cell somewhere living each day knowing that regardless of how he broke me, I'm no longer broken"

Nina gave Charlie a small smile "You're strong"

Charlie cocked her head "And so are you" as Nina shook her head to protest, Charlie, interjected "You are strong… you just don't know it yet"

"How would you know?" asked Nina

"Because you came back here" answered Charlie. She took a small sip of her coffee and allowed Nina a moment to take in her words "How is Hanna?" Charlie, asked

Nina's gaze broke from, Charlie's, and she looked down at the cup in her hand, her mind churning. Nina pursed her lips together, refused to let her tears fall

"She's the most important thing in my life" said Nina as she looked up at Charlie "I love her more than life itself"

Charlie knew there was a 'but' in there, which Nina didn't want to voice, but she had felt the exact same way, she knew Nina must be feeling

"But at certain moments you're wondering if you wouldn't trade her in if only to take away the pain and confusion you are feeling" Charlie spoke the words she knew Nina's guilt wouldn't let her say

Finally Nina's tears pushed through her barriers and ran down her cheek. Trying to compose herself, Nina clutched the cup in her hand "When I was pregnant, I wished I had done things differently, I didn't want to be pregnant, not with someone I wasn't even going to ever see again. But then she came and I loved her instantly and immensely. In that moment it didn't matter that we would only have each other. A part of me accepted that she was given to me as a beautiful gift, But…"

Charlie sat and listened, she knew what Nina was trying to say but she didn't want to interrupt. She knew how important it was for Nina to accept how she felt and where her head space was at

"I want for it to have never happened. I want to go back to that night and not have gone out and gotten drunk. I want to have taken up my sister's invite to come and spend a quiet evening in at her place instead of going out with my friends. I want to change so much about that night but then, I wouldn't have Hanna. I wouldn't have my little girl" more tears fell down Nina's cheek, hitting the back of her hand. Within a single second, Nina's, quiet tears turned to a sob, her shoulders shaking, her grip tightening on the cup in her hand as if it was keeping her from completely falling

Charlie placed her cup down on the coffee table and moved closer to Nina. She gently took the cup from Nina's grip and placed it down beside hers on the coffee table. Placing her hand on Nina's arm, she allowed Nina cry. No words were passed between the two of them as Nina let all her pain out through her tears

Almost a full two minutes had passed before Nina's sobbed slowed and stopped completely. Charlie stood and walked down the hallway only to return with a box in tissues in hand. Nina smiled thankfully as, Charlie, placed the box of tissues in front of her

Taking her seat, Charlie allowed Nina a few more minutes of silence before she spoke

"I'm going to tell you something that took me a while to realise. It's ok to be confused, it's ok to be hurting and it's most definitely ok to cry. But trust me when I say, you wishing that you weren't in this position isn't the same as wishing that you didn't have Hanna. You wishing away this pain does not mean you love your daughter any less. Hanna is your daughter, no one else's, she's yours and I have seen you with her and I only ever see love for her in your eyes. Hanna and what happened to you are not the same thing, and I know right now it may not seem like that but you'll get there"

"You sound so sure, but…" Nina shook her head

"I'm sure because I know it to be true" said Charlie and Nina frowned. "I'm sure you've probably seen me with my eldest daughter" said Charlie

"Pretty girl, curly hair?" Asked Nina and Charlie nodded

"Yea, that's her. Well I had Ruby when I was fourteen" Charlie waited for Nina to figure out what that meant

Nina looked at Charlie, shocked "She…?"

Charlie nodded "Yea, but I love my daughter more than live itself. I wouldn't trade her in for anything this world could offer. That doesn't mean that I don't wish that I had never been a victim of rape because I do. But my daughter means the world to me"

"I haven't told anyone" said Nina

"You don't have to start telling people until you are ready"

"I don't just mean in the Bay" said Nina "My sister and my parents keep calling and they know something is wrong but every time they ask me what's wrong I can't bring myself to tell them"

Charlie gave Nina a sad smile "I think it's important for you to take that step when you're ready. Like I said you take it a step at a time, at your own speed"

Nina nodded and closed her eyes before she slowly exhaled. Opening her eyes she looked at Charlie "You didn't have to do this for me. You didn't have to listen. Thank you"

"Hey" Brax smiled as he placed a customer's order down at their table "What you doing here?" he walked to Charlie and nodded at one of his waiters who had helped her with the pram

"We were a little bored at home so we thought we'd come say hello"

Brax smiled as he immediately picked Riley up from his pram

"Well I am glad to see you" he rubbed his nose against Riley's before looking at Charlie "And you too" leaning forward he gave her a kiss before walking towards the bar

Charlie smiled as she followed behind him, pushing Riley's pram. Looking around the restaurant she could see how busy they were

"Maybe we should get out of here, you guys seem busy" she said as she turned back to Brax

Brax shook his head "Na we're good now, mostly everyone as been severed and these guys know what they're doing"

"You sure?" asked Charlie, a cocked eyebrow

"Yea, I'm sure. I'm due a break anyway" looking around the restaurant Brax called to Sam

"I'll be in the office if you need anything. You got everything under control out here?" Brax was already moving to his office door

Sam nodded "You know I have"

Brax chuckled "See" he looked to Charlie as he opened the office door and Charlie walked in behind him, closing the door

"Has it been like this every lunch time?" asked Charlie as she placed Riley's pram behind the door, before walking over to the couch and taking a seat

Brax nodded "For a few weeks yea. But I'm not complaining"

Charlie nodded "I'll be sure to come after lunch next time"

"Come anytime, I'm never too busy for you or my main man"

Charlie chuckled "Don't let Caleb here you calling Riley that, you'll have a war on your hands"

Brax chuckled as he sat down beside Charlie, holding Riley to his chest "So what have the two of you been up to?"

Charlie shrugged "Nothing much, you already know the only thing Riley does is eat and sleep" She smiled down at Riley as he whimpers a little against Brax's chest before he quietened down again "You know I still can't believe how well behaved he is. Complete opposite of, Hope and Caleb, when they were this young. I keep thinking it's only about time before he turns into a little terror like his brother and sister"

"Na" Brax grinned "I think Riley takes after me, that is why he's so well behaved"

Charlie laughed and rolled her eyes "You are completely delusional Braxton, unless you can present to me a member of the Braxton clan that doesn't have a gob on them"

"Mum wouldn't appreciate you saying such things about her kids" replied Brax

Charlie scoffed "Please, Cheryl, would agree with me" she looked at Brax and her smile widened as he smiled down at her "This is nice"

Brax grinned and leaned forward, careful of Riley before giving, Charlie, a kiss "It is"

"So... something else happened today?" said Charlie

"Yea" Brax looked at her expectantly

"Yea… errr Nina came over to the house"

"Of her own will?" asked Brax. After what Charlie had told him, he didn't think Nina would have wanted to talk about what happened to her so soon or more importantly to Charlie

"Yea, I opened the door and she was stood there"

"So, what happened? Did she talk about the…?"

Charlie nodded "Yea, she did" she sighed "I felt so bad for her, she so confused and it's even worse because she doesn't have all the pieces of that night"

"But she remembers part of it?" asked Brax, his hand stroking Riley's back

"She remembers more of a feeling than anything else. Image wise, it's just glimpses here and there"

"So there's no way they could even try and catch this guy" Brax sounded like he felt sorry for Nina and Charlie shook her head

"Not unless she can piece together his face but honestly from how she explained it, I don't think she even saw the guys face. Given how much I'm guessing she had had to drink, and God only knows if the guys had drugged her before…" she shook her head "I think there is a chance that she didn't get a look at this persons face"

Brax sighed heavily and shook his head "So they'll never find him?"

"That's a possibility"

Brax looked at Charlie "And you, how are you doing?"

Charlie gave him a small smile "Ok. We did talk about me a little; I think it helped her knowing that I had once felt how she felt. But yea…" she shrugged "It's never nice talking about it"

Brax frowned "You sure you should be the one helping her?" at the look on Charlie's face, he quickly carried on "I just mean, wouldn't it be best for her to speak to someone professional. I don't want you having to think about that scum every time you speak to Nina"

Charlie leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek "I love you for caring but I'm fine. Even though I never like talking about what Grant did, it felt different this time. Like I'm using what I went through to help someone, it somehow makes me feel calm about it all"

Brax looked at her for a long moment before speaking "Just promise me if it gets too much for you, you'll advise her to talk to someone more professionally equipped to deal with this"

Charlie nodded "I promise, but I think she's going to do that anyway"

Brax nodded "Good" he looked down at Riley before looking back up at Charlie "You hungry?"

"I could eat" said Charlie

"Let's get one of my minions to rustle something up" smiled Brax, standing to his feet with Riley still in his arms.

Charlie moved to get the buggy but Brax stopped her

"No leave it, I think I'll just hold him" Brax smiled down "You like it up here in daddy's arms, don't you?" Riley stared up at Brax as if listening to every word of what his father was saying and Charlie smiled at the both of them

"Why you go already?" pouted Hope, as Ruby and Casey got ready to leave "You only stayed for two days"

Ruby smiled "I told you, Casey and I have classes in the morning so we have to go back now"

"But why does your class have to be far away. My school not far away" said Hope and Charlie chuckled as sh listened in

"Because it's a really good school and I promise to come home again soon, ok" said Ruby

Hope, reluctantly nodded "Ok"

Ruby smiled and gave her a hug, before standing to her feet "Do I get a hug from you too?" Ruby asked Caleb who smiled and jumped off the couch

"Bye Ruby" Caleb wound his arms around her waist and Ruby placed a kiss on his head "Bye buddy"

"You gonna be back soon, like you say?" asked Caleb

Ruby nodded "Yea we will, right Casey"

Casey nodded as he was hugging Hope "Of course"

Caleb smiled as he hugged Casey "Ok"

Waling over to the moses basket Ruby smiled down at her little brother "I'm gonna miss you too little man, just don't go getting too big before I come around again"

Casey rolled his eyes at Ruby "Well he could easily be up and walking in a few weeks, you might miss all that" Ruby turned to him unimpressed

"Given that you're about to spend a two hour drive with just Ruby and only Ruby, you might not want to get on her bad side" advised Charlie

Casey chuckled and held his hands out "Good point"

Charlie smiled at their antics and chuckled as Ruby gave her a hug

"Love you" said Ruby and Charlie smiled

"I love you too… very much"

Charlie pulled on one of Brax's shirts before getting into bed. Brax was still in the bathroom, taking a shower. She had contemplated asking him if he wanted her to join him but she wasn't sure if they were quite there yet. Lying on her side she listened as he turned the shower off

She looked over at the baby monitor, making sure it was on. Hearing the bathroom door open she looked up only to find Brax walk in, in nothing other than a towel. She cocked an eyebrow wanting to make a smart remark but bit back with a sigh. She hated that she still felt out of sorts

Brax walked over to his wardrobe "You should come over to the restaurant tomorrow; it was nice having you and Riley there"

Charlie smiled "Yea maybe we will"

Turning to face Charlie, Brax cocked an eyebrow "You not going to comment on how sexy I look?" he wiggled his eyebrow and the little tension that Charlie had been feeling melted away as she laughed and cocked her head slightly

"I don't see it" she shook her head and Brax grinned

"Oh is that right?"

Charlie nodded, but near enough chocked on her own tongue when Brax let the towel drop to the floor "Do you see it now?"

Charlie bit into her bottom lip and to her own dismay she could feel a hot blush rushing through her and making its way north. Clearing her throat and trying to keep her gaze on, Brax's, she shook her head

"Sorry still don't see it" she grinned as he walked round to his side of the bed and slid in beside her. Feeling him against her, she felt a shiver run down her spin

"l…" Brax pulled her flush against him, his hand travelling up his shirt she was wearing "Don't think you're being completely honest with me Mrs Braxton" he kissed the corner of her mouth and Charlie all but melted against him "Or maybe you've just forgotten what I can do"

Charlie looked up at him and sighed in delight as he placed a feather of a kiss on the opposite corner of her mouth "You may have to re-jog my memory" spoke Charlie, once she found her voice

Brax grinned and before Charlie could say another word; his mouth was on hers like her kiss was a life line. Sinking into him, Charlie's arms wound around his neck, her hands splayed in her hair, holding him to her "I've missed you" she mumbled barely taking a second away from the kiss

Pulling her shirt off, Brax throw it to the floor, flipped them so Charlie was under him before travelling kisses down her neck "Not as much as I've missed you"

• 2 weeks later...

First and foremost, thank you JarlieFanEver for the comment. So sorry this chapter is so late, been up and down lately, life is so hectic, so many things happening at once. Just wanted to say that there are only two chapters left in this story after this chapter. Hope you enjoy this chapter :)

CHAPTER FORTY FIVE

Brax grinned and before Charlie could say another word; his mouth was on hers like her kiss was a life line. Sinking into him, Charlie's arms wound around his neck, her hands splayed in her hair, holding him to her "I've missed you" she mumbled barely taking a second away from the kiss

Pulling her shirt off, Brax throw it to the floor, flipped them so Charlie was under him before travelling kisses down her neck "Not as much as I've missed you"

Two days Later

"Is it me or does it feel a little weird it being this quiet?" asked, Charlie, as she walked into the living room, a cup of coffee in hand

Brax looked up at her, his feet propped up on the dining table "It is a little more quiet than we're used to but we shouldn't be complaining, they'll be back before we know it"

Charlie sat down beside him, tucking her legs under her, her cup gripped in both hands as she turned to him "Oh no" she shook her head "I'm not complaining, just not used to it"

Brax smiled as he leaned forward and picked up the remote "I can tell you're worrying about, Riley, but trust me, mum is more than capable of looking after him for a few hours"

Charlie nodded as she sipped on her coffee "I know, it's just weird when he's away from me. I don't know how I'm going to cope when I go back to work"

Brax flipped through the channels, not really watching the screen "You've still got a while left, He's only four months"

Charlie nodded as she, shuffled on the couch "Yea I know but I've kinda liked spending time with him"

"Well you've got nine months leave, right?" asked Brax and Charlie nodded "So you don't have to think about going back for another five months"

Charlie nodded "Yea I know but..."

Brax turned slightly so he was facing her

"But what?" his eyebrows knitted together "You don't want to go back to work?"

With an exhale, Charlie nodded "No I do but, well I went to see Martha yesterday and her and Jack were arguing when I got there"

Brax nodded "About the shooting?"

Charlie sighed "Yeah, she freaked out on him. Apparently a bullet missed him by less than an inch and he got called to the scene unexpectedly so he wasn't even wearing a bullet proof"

Brax cleared his throat. Jack had told him about the incident and Brax couldn't deny that the first thought that had occurred to him was, what if Charlie had been there with Jack?

"Well I can understand why Martha would be worried or upset even"

Charlie bit at the corner of her bottom lip "I know. Jack and I actually talked a little yesterday"

"Yeah?" Brax cocked an eyebrow and Charlie nodded

"Yeah, I didn't want to mention anything to you because I wanted to sort it out in my head first, but I think I'm going to cut back my hours when I get back and maybe step back from working front line"

Brax sat looking at her, trying to see if this was what Charlie really wanted. It was a discussion they had had many a times in the past, especially after she had first given birth to the twins; but Charlie had been adamant that she wanted to still work front line in the force

"Are you sure?" asked Brax, he didn't want her doing something she didn't want to do just to make him happy

Charlie nodded "Yea, I've been thinking about it since we had Riley. I always understood your apprehension about me working front line but I don't know; lately I guess I've been thinking more about what would happen if I ever got seriously hurt"

Brax nodded "Yea, that's all I ever think about. I mean you look hot as hell in your uniform but I'd rather not spend every day worrying about you when you head off to work"

Charlie sighed and placed her cup down on the coffee table before she moved closer to him "When I get back I'm going to ask to stick to patrol and desk work. Obviously patrolling means I will still be going out from time to time, but I will be for minor jobs rather than the bigger operations that we have done in the past. Plus I'm going to see about reducing my hours and if I can't I'll be sticking to working my core hours"

Brax grinned, he couldn't hide his relief "You know I can't argue with you because I've kinda wanted this for a while but you don't have to do this just to make me happy. It has to be what you want"

Charlie nodded as she moved closer to Brax, her legs resting on his lap

"I'm doing it because I want to spend more time with my family and I'd really like to be here to watch them all grow up and see my grandkids"

Brax smiled "Well then in that case I'm glad"

Charlie chucked "I thought you would be" she looked at him for a moment longer "And I'm really glad that we've got this back again" she sighed "I don't like it when we don't get along"

Brax smiled and rested his hand on her leg "I don't either. We didn't really deal with the situation the way we should have"

Charlie fiddled with her fingers "I know I didn't deal with it the way I should have. I should have listened to you"

Brax nodded "I still don't get why you would think that I would ever cheat on you" he looked at her calmly, he wasn't angry

Charlie looked down at her fingers as if in thought before she turned her gaze back up to him "At first I didn't believe her" she shook her head "I thought she was delusional or she had obviously got the wrong person" she let out a sigh

"So what changed?" asked Brax

Charlie looked at him "When she explained everything I realised what night she was talking about. If you remember before that night, we had been arguing a lot. About my job, or your hours at the restaurant and we weren't really.." she cleared her throat "having sex at that time, at least not before that night" she shrugged "I don't know; I guess all that coupled with the fact that you had been drinking..." she ran her tongue over her bottom lip "I let everything that was going on during that time cloud my judgement" she locked her gaze against Brax "But you have to know that, that was my mistake. I know you and I know that you would never purposely hurt me"

"Do you?" asked Brax

Charlie nodded "I do, that's the thing. When you said you were going to get a DNA test, all I could think was good, so we can put all this behind us. A big part of me expected it to come back negative but then there was this little nagging voice that kept saying that what if I was wrong to assume it would be negative" Charlie sighed "I wish I could properly explain it to you, but I don't know how. I guess I was just insecure"

Brax frowned "Insecure?" he looked at her like she had lost her mind "Why would you be insecure?"

Charlie shrugged "I was more insecure about the space we had been in, at the time you met Nina. I thought maybe our arguing and my, not always taking what you had to say into consideration may have led you to find comfort in someone else"

Brax sighed and pulled Charlie closer to him, so she was half sitting on him. He placed his hand under her chin, keeping her gaze on his "No matter what goes in in this house, how many times we argue, or if you're upset with me or vice versa, I would never and will never do anything to hurt you. I love you too much for that, plus why would I need any other woman when I have you"

Charlie smiled up at him "I guess I was being stupid"

Brax smiled "Yea" he nodded and Charlie hit his chest lightly causing him to laugh "Plus with you I get to fulfill all my fantasies"

Charlie cocked her brow playfully "Yea, like what?"

Brax sat as if in thought for a moment before he grinned "Well there's the milf fantasy, which you cater to very well"

Charlie gasped, her face turning red as Brax laughed

"You have a milf fantasy?" she asked

Brax nodded "Yea but only about you. And then there's the officer fantasy. I've always had a thing about being punished by a woman in uniform"

Charlie chuckled "Yea I'm familiar with that fantasy"

Brax grinned "I'm still waiting to be able to use those cuffs on you"

Charlie's eyes widened and Brax laughed

"So what do you say?" asked Brax as he pulled Charlie on top of him, her legs on either side of him. Brax locked his hands behind her back as he look at her

"What do I say to what?" asked Charlie, Her hands resting on his chest as she pushed closer to him

"Well I've given myself the day off work, Hope and Caleb are with Bianca and Heath till tonight and Mum won't be bringing Riley back till later this afternoon, so we officially have the place to ourselves"

Charlie simpered at him, her hands snaking around his neck "You still haven't answered my question?"

Brax chuckled "I was thinking we should probably put your cuffs to use. We wouldn't want them getting stiff ad rusty from lack of use now would we?" he pulled Charlie flush against his chest and Charlie pulled in a breath. Before Charlie could reply, Brax stood, his arms moving to her thighs as Charlie wrapped her legs around him. His lips fluttered past hers a few times and Charlie felt she might pass out from arousal. Taking his bottom lip in hers she bit it lightly before smoothing it over with her tongue. She smiled as Brax groaned

"You might want to stop that or we won't make it to the bed" said Brax as he pushed their bedroom door open
Two days later

"Ummm" Charlie smiled, as she felt Brax's hand snaking up her bare back "What time is it?" she asked, sleep laced in her voice

Brax's hand carried on its journey "Early" he replied his hand settling on her bum, his thumb leaving behind small strokes

Charlie felt a shiver run right down her spine at his touch. Asleep or not he could affect her like no other

"Aren't you tired?" she mumbled, her eyes still closed, but her body on high alert. They had been up half the night and Charlie was surprised he had any energy left

"Nope" Brax leaned in and laced her back with kisses moving up to her neck "Not tired at all. In fact…" he squeezed her bum, and Charlie nearly squealed "I'm very much awake and energised"

Charlie smiled into her pillow "And what is it you think you're doing?" she asked, as his chest pressed lightly into her back, his lips on her neck

"Warming you up" replied Brax, his tongue darting out just below her earlobe "You're feeling a little cold and what kind of husband would I be if I didn't do anything about it"

Sleep slowly ebbing away, Charlie, bit into her bottom lip as Brax's hands carried on a journey passed her bum and down her thighs

"I don't feel very cold" she replied, as Brax's kisses descended, south again. Charlie's back arched of its own accord

"Umm...that's because I'm warming you up"

Charlie smiled "That's very nice of you"

"I am very nice aren't I" Brax's lips was now just above her bum "Don't worry you don't have to thank me" he scraped his teeth lightly over one bum cheek and Charlie squirmed at the heat rushing through her "Unless you want to"

As Brax's teeth grazed over her other cheek, Charlie, turned over, her bare chest skimming against his, before she pushed him flat onto his back and straddled him.

Giving him a sly grin, she rocked into him lightly and was rewarded with a groan from Brax "You're really not tired are you" she ran her hands over his chest, as Brax held on to her waist

"It's your fault" said Brax but he soon shut up and Charlie rocked into him again "Charlie..." he closed his eyes and blew out a breath

"You ok?" she grinned down at him, as she leaned down, her chest to his as she kissed up his chest till she reached his neck

Rocking her hips against his again, Brax's hands tighten on her waist trying to keep her in place "Babe, you need to stop doing that or this is going to be over a lot quicker than I intended"

Charlie carried on her assault on his neck and Brax's hand slid around her waist down to her bum "Damn I've missed you"

"I can tell" replied Charlie, leaning closer to him and travelling kisses up his chest. She stopped at his nipples as ran her tongue around them, delighted when Brax drew in a breath and jerked beneath her. She carried on upwards, biting lightly at the end of his earlobe

"How much have you missed me" she bit on his earlobe again, this time grinding her hips deeper into him

"Charlie..." Brax practically hissed, holding firmly onto her waist as she tried to grind down on him again "You're killing me here"

Charlie smiled and drew his mouth to hers. Brax brought one hand up and held her head to his. Seeing an open, Charlie ground her hips down on his again and she felt a hot flush shot straight through her as Brax hissed into the kiss "I like making you feel like this" she murmured

"If you don't stop that, you're going to regret it" said Brax, deepening the kiss, his hand tangled in her hair

Losing herself in the kiss, Charlie pushing into him again, and Brax groaned loudly before flipping them over causing Charlie to squeal

"I did warn you" he said, breaking the kiss

Charlie wrapped her legs around his waist, but before she could reply she gasped and buried her head into her pillow as Brax rolled his hips against hers slowly

"Brax..." she breathed, as all the heat in her body pooled at her centre.

"You want me to stop" Brax asked teasingly

Charlie shook her head, as his hand caressed her breast and the other travelled down her stomach "Don't you dare"

Brax chuckled "Don't worry, I won't be stopping for a while" Charlie gasped, fisting the sheets beneath her as his lips lowered past her stomach

"Mummy"

Brax and Charlie hissed quietly at the sound, but neither opened their eyes

"Daddy wake up"

Brax groaned and slowly pried one eyes open to find Hope and Caleb stop at the foot of their door. Hope stood holding onto her purple bear but Caleb had seemed to abandon his blue blanky a few weeks back

"You got to wake up, mummy" said Hope and Charlie groaned, turning around and burying her head into her pillow

"What time is it?" she mumbled and Brax picked up his phone from his night stand. Seeing the time he groaned before dropping his phone

"Seven fifteen"

Charlie let out a cry, before she slowly opened her eyes and turned to Hope and Caleb. She quickly glanced down at hers and Brax's body and was thankful to find the quilt was providing adequate cover from their naked bodies. Turning back to Hope and Caleb she sighed

"Guys you sure you're not still tired?" she asked hopefully

Hope shook her head "Its morning and I'm hungry" she pouted

Brax chuckled as Charlie rolled her eyes. Charlie turned to Brax

"We're going to have to get up aren't we?" she pouted as Brax nodded

"Fine" she grunted "Riley's gonna wake in a minute anyway for his morning feed" she looked back over at the twins who were staring at their parents expectantly

"You guys go into the living room; we'll be there in a minute"

"You can't take long" said Caleb, clearly not trusting his parents to come and attend to them on time

Brax yawned "Promise we'll be right out"

Seemingly satisfied by Brax's response, Hope and Caleb turned and made their way down the hall

"Why couldn't they take after me" said Charlie "What child willingly gets up at this time of the day and on a weekend"

Brax chuckled and Charlie looked over at him frowning "We're going to have to invest in a higher door handle or a lock, those two just walk in here like they own the place"

Brax gave a lope sided grin "Someone grumpy"

Charlie hit him lightly on the chest "Yea and whose fault is that?"

Lightly pushing her onto her back, Brax hovered over her, his arms either side of her head "I don't recall you complaining"

Charlie rolled her eyes "It's because you turned on that stupid Braxton Charm"

Brax gasped feigning offence "Stupid Braxton Charm"

Charlie nodded, her hand winding around his lower waist "Yes stupid. If it wasn't you, the two of you..." she glanced down at him and Brax chuckled "I would have gotten an adequate night's sleep"

"Me and my rather big friend don't consider our charm stupid. It's got us you after all"

Charlie sighed dramatically "Babe I'm simply with you because of your money nothing else"

Brax chuckled "Is that right?"

Charlie nodded "Yep"

"I'm going to make you eat your words, you know that right" his hand trailed up her leg and Charlie smiled up at him

"I'd like to see you try"

Before Brax could reply they both turned to the baby monitor as Riley started crying

"Of course he wakes up now"

Charlie chuckled and pushed lightly on Brax's chest "And the day begins" she groaned

Brax gave her a quick kiss before rolling onto his back and off the bed "You deal with Riley and I'll go face those two monsters out there"

Charlie simply lay watching his naked backside as he made his way to their bathroom

"Stop checking me out" said Brax not even turning around "You're making me feel violated"

Charlie chuckled, as she stood from the bed and pulled Brax's shirt over her head before stepping into her sweats

"You love it" she replied

"Yea, I do" replied Brax and Charlie walked out of the room grinning
"Yea, ok I'll ask her. Yea, bye" Brax cut the call off and dropped his phone onto the dining table as he walked into the kitchen

"Ask me what?" said Charlie as she stood with her back to the kitchen counter. Still having to drink de-cafe because she was still breast feeding, Charlie opted for the real stuff this time around given how tired she was feeling. Inhaling the smell she smiled "Oh I have missed real coffee"

Brax smiled "Heath called and said that he and Bianca are taking the kids down to the beach and wanted to know if we wanted to join them. Jack and Martha will be there too"

Charlie nodded "Yea, sounds good, although I'm so tired I'm not sure I'm gonna be much in terms of company"

Brax stepped to her and wound his arms around her waist "I also spoke to mum and asked her if she could take the twins for the night. I know you don't want to be spending the night away from Riley just yet, so we can keep him"

Charlie smiled, both her arms holding her cup of coffee "That sounds good. And Riley's only four months, I really don't want him crying at night and I'm not there"

Brax nodded "Fair enough, but he will have to be away from you at some point"

Charlie frowned "Yea maybe when he is two"

"Brax chuckled "Well good for me, he's not a fussy kid. He won't be interrupting every five minutes"

Charlie coked an eyebrow "Interrupting what exactly?"

"You'll see" Brax grinned and placed a quick kiss on her lips before letting her go and walking out of the kitchen "Who wants to go down to the beach?" Charlie heard Brax ask followed by a chorus of me and yays from both Caleb and Hope. She smiled as she sipped her coffee. She had forgotten how good making up was when her and Brax fell out
"You best stay right with them Brax" said Charlie, Brax and the twins had cornered her into allowing them bring their boggy boards

Brax smiled down at her "I promise I'll keep our babies safe"

Martha and Bianca chuckled "You'll have to let them get out there at some point"

"Yea but they are only four, anything could happen" Charlie looked over at Hope and Caleb "I'm not sure this is a good idea"

"Dad" Caleb shouted before he and Hope ran up the beach

"We've been waiting for long" said Hope "They all in the water" she pointed down at Reece, Abi and Sophia

"Come on" Hope tugged on Brax's hand and Brax looked down at Charlie. He knew she wouldn't be able to tell the twins she had changed her mind

Sighing heavily Charlie looked up at Brax "Fine, but you best watch them like a hawk"

Brax saluted "Yes mam"

Hope and Caleb ran back down the beach and Brax picked up his surf board

"See you in a bit" he leaned down and pecked Charlie's lips, before kissing Riley on the forehead "And you too" Riley rewarded him with a gummy smile as he babbled on

Charlie watched the twins and sighed before turning to face Riley who was sat in his bath chair that they had brought for the beach

"You won't ever abandon me for the surf, will you" she smiled down at Riley, who was looking up at her, still babbling "What's that?" Charlie tickled his chin "You're gonna stay right here with mummy even when you're four years old"

Martha and Bianca laughed

"I think that's what one calls wishful thinking" said Martha

Charlie shook her head "Nope, my little guy will not abandon me for the surf. Brax gets, Ruby, Hope and Caleb, I need one for me"

The girls laughed and Bianca shook her head "If it was possible for us to life on the beach, Reece and Abigail would be in favour of it. They seem to want to spend every spare moment on those stupid boards" Bianca looked down at Abi, who was riding out a small wave, Heath close by "I mean she'll only five and look at her"

Martha chuckled "Sophia may be slowly growing out of her tomboy faze but she sees a surf board and forgets everything else" she looked down at Oliver who was strapped to her chest in his baby carrier "I'm not holding out much hope that this one won't be a surf lover. Jack's already trying to play surf with him, when he gives him a bath"

Bianca and Charlie laughed and Bianca turned to Charlie

"So you and Brax seem good"

Charlie looked over at Brax and smiled "Yea, we're really good" she turned to Martha and Bianca to find them grinning over at her "What?"

"By the smile on your face it's clear you guys have been playing catch up" said Martha and Charlie chuckled

"We've started" she grinned

"Only just started" laughed Bianca and Charlie laughed

"We have a lot to catch up on"

Martha nodded "I thought you looked a little too tired when you guys rocked up"

Before Charlie could reply they turned as they heard the guys cheering. Looking over Charlie smiled and she and the girl began clapping as Hope and Caleb rode a small wave. Although they only stayed standing for all of Three seconds, Hope and Caleb were clearly happy with their achievements

"Yep, definitely Braxton's" said Martha "You'll never get them away from their boards now"

Charlie, Martha and Bianca looked down as Hope and Caleb ran up the beach

"Did you see mummy, did you"

Charlie smiled "Yea I did, you both did really good"

"We did" Hope nodded "Daddy says we naturals"

"I can't wait to get a big board like daddy" said Caleb and Charlie frowned

"Well that won't be happening for a while yet"

Charlie looked up as Brax approached them "Told you, you had nothing to worry about" he grinned and Charlie rolled her eyes

Hope bent down in front of Riley and placed her hand on her belly "When Riley older, he's gonna surf too, we can show him"

Charlie shook her head "Nope, he's gonna stay right here with me. He won't like surfing"

Brax chuckled "Don't listen to your mum, He's going to love surfing, he's a Braxton"

"and we are to" said Caleb and Brax nodded

"Yes you are"

Hope looked over at Charlie "But you a Braxton too, so why you no surf?"

Brax chuckled as he caught Charlie's gaze "I did try to teach your mummy a long time ago but she was always getting distracted"

Hope and Caleb gasped in shook horror, and Brax and the girls laughed

"You can't get distacted" said Caleb. Charlie chuckled at the mispronounced word "Daddy says, you have to be concetated"

The girls chuckled and Charlie looked up at Brax to find him grinning "Well he was the one distracting me" she mumbled under her breath

"Eww, mummy" Charlie turned and Hope scrunched her nose up "Riley done a stinky" Charlie rolled her eyes at Hope before standing to her feet

"We best get you changed. I'll go change him in the dinner" said Charlie to Brax who nodded

"Actually we might come with you" said Bianca as she stood to her feet "I'm starving"

Charlie nodded as Martha slowly stood to her feet, keeping her hand on Oliver's back

"Probably should change this little guy too" said Martha

"You guys can go over to the restaurant and we'll meet you there in a while" said Brax, Hope and Caleb already making their way back down the beach to the others

"Ok" Charlie nodded and smiled as Brax kissed her. "You guys ok to bring this stuff up with you?" asked Charlie as she looked down at Riley's bath seat and their towels

"Yea" replied Brax "See you in a bit" he called as he made his way back down the beach, swinging both Hope and Caleb over his shoulder and running into the water
"I swear that stupid grin on your face is starting to get annoying" said Heath, as he, Jack and Brax followed behind the kids, who were running in the direction of the restaurant

Brax looked over at him "Me?"

Jack chuckled "Well he isn't talking to me"

"You've been smiling like you won the bloody lottery since you got down here" said Heath "Buckton been working you hard?" he grinned but quickly ducked as Brax went to hit him "Hey, I'm just saying. There isn't no other reason any grown man should be smiling like that"

Brax clicked his tongue "What me and my wife get up to ain none of your business"

Heath scoffed "At this rate I might just go home and pick a fight with Bianca if it gets me smiling the way you are"

Jack laughed "You are sick"

Heath grinned "No I just really like sex"

"Still don't understand how you are still married or how you managed to convince her to marry you in the first place" Brax shook his head as they walked into the restaurant

"I do" said Heath "It's because I'm extremely good looking and great in bed"

Brax and Jack scrunched their noses up "Never ever say that again" said Jack as they approached the girls who had already ordered

"Pizza good for everyone?" asked Martha, the kids were already sat tucking into their food. They guys nodded

"Pizza's perfect" answered Jack

Heath sat down and looked up at Brax "Fetch me a beer would ya"

Moving fast Brax hit him across the back of the head and the kids laughed "Get your own beer, idiot"

Heath frowned as he rubbed the back of his head "This is poor hospitality. If you wasn't paying for this lunch I would kick your a..." he stopped and looked at the kids who were all eyeing him, before correcting himself "Your behind"

Jack laughed and Brax rolled his eyes

"I would like to see you try"

Heath got up and walked around the bar, retrieving three beers "One for me, one for Caleb and one for Reece" he joked and the kids giggled

"We not allowed to drink that" said Caleb "It's the old people's drink"

The girl burst out laughing and Jack, Brax and Heath frowned

"No, it's what we drink…men" corrected Jack and Sophia grinned as she looked at her father

"Yea and you are accent dad" said Sophia

Jack gasped in shock horror "I'll have you know I'm still in my prime"

Martha patted his shoulder "Keep telling yourself that"

"I don't know why you're all grinning" Heath looked at the girls "You're all practically the same age. Apart from the kids I'm the youngest one here"

"And the ugliest" added Brax, and this had the kids giggling, they loved to watch the adults banter

"In your dreams sweet cheeks. I'm sexy beyond anything" Heath nudged Bianca "Go on tell them?"

"Umm" Bianca feigned ignorance "Tell them what?"

Heath frowned "That I'm sexy"

Bianca rolled her eyes "The only thing I consider sexy right now is this pizza in front of me"

Everyone laughed and Heath scoffed "You won't be saying that tonight"

Laughter now turned to frowns

"How about you keep your extracurricular actives to yourselves" said Brax. He glanced at the kids but could see their attention was now on their food

Heath grinned "You would know all about extracurricular activities, wouldn't you" he winked at Charlie "Whatever you did to him as left a lasting impression, Buckton"

Charlie felt heat rise to her face but before she could talk she heard Heath wince as Brax slapped him across the back of the head, followed by Bianca

"Hey" he backed away slightly "Will you all stop hitting me"

"Then stop being an idiot" said Brax

Heath scoffed and stood to his feet "Charlie you need to work a little harder tonight, Brax is way to cranky" before Brax could get to him, he sprang in the direction of the kitchen, quickly avoid one of the waiters with Brax hot on his heels as the kids laughed at their antics and the others diners looked on amused
"Got him down ok" asked Brax as he rinsed out his mouth. Charlie nodded as she stepped into the bathroom

"Yea, it took him a little longer tonight though" she picked up her tooth brush and put some tooth paste on it

"Today was a good day, hey" said Brax and Charlie nodded, her tooth brush now in her mouth

Walking out of the bathroom, Brax stripped out of his shirt and unbuckled his jeans, before stepping out of it. A few minutes passed before he heard the shower running, he walking back into the bathroom to find Charlie had stripped

Turning back to look at him Charlie smiled as she stepped into the shower "Just taking a quick shower"

Brax nodded as he leaned against the door frame, his arms crossed over his bare chest "I can see that"

Charlie looked at him through the glass, as she stepped under the water "I shouldn't be too long" she spoke before turning her back to him

Brax shook his head thinking Charlie knew exactly what she was doing. Pushing off the door frame, he pushed his boxers down and kicked them to the corner of the bathroom. Opening the shower door, he stepped in and wrapped his arms around Charlie just as she was about to turn around. One hand held her waist, the other lay flat and low on her stomach

"That wasn't an invite" said Charlie her head resting on his chest

Brax shook his head and buried it in the creak of her neck, chasing the drops of water with his lips "You lie" his hand on her stomach dropped further down and Charlie shuddered and she drew in a breath

"Riley... his monitor" Charlie spoke through deep breaths as she sank deeper into Brax as his hand explored her "Oh my..." she bit into her bottom lip "Brax..."

"Yea" Brax breathed into her hair

"Brax..." she groaned and held his hand in place, her breaths coming out rapidly. She turned her head to look up at him "You have to stop or I'm going to..." Brax crashed his lips onto hers

"That's the point" he mumbled into the kiss as he carried on his assault

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you JarlieFanEver for the comment. Only one more chapter to go after this. Enjoy :)

CHAPTER FORTY FIVE

Brax shook his head thinking Charlie knew exactly what she was doing. Pushing off the door frame, he pushed his boxers down and kicked them to the corner of the bathroom. Opening the shower door, he stepped in and wrapped his arms around Charlie just as she was about to turn around. One hand held her waist, the other lay flat and low on her stomach

"That wasn't an invite" said Charlie her head resting on his chest

Brax shook his head and buried it in the creak of her neck, chasing the drops of water with his lips "You lie" his hand on her stomach dropped further down and Charlie shuddered and she drew in a breath

"Riley... his monitor" Charlie spoke through deep breaths as she sank deeper into Brax as his hand explored her "Oh my..." she bit into her bottom lip "Brax..."

"Yea" Brax breathed into her hair

"Brax..." she groaned and held his hand in place, her breaths coming out rapidly. She turned her head to look up at him "You have to stop or I'm going to..." Brax crashed his lips onto hers

"That's the point" he mumbled into the kiss as he carried on his assault

One Month Later

"I feel kinda bad for all the name calling now" said Bianca as she sat down beside Charlie "I can't even begin to think how she must be feeling"

Martha sighed "We couldn't have known that, that had happened to her but yea I get what you mean. I feel like a right cow"

The news about Nina being raped was now known by a few people in Summer Bay

Bianca looked to Charlie "So she's been coming here often?"

Charlie nodded "Yea, pretty much every other day. She's started going to counselling but I think it kinda helps that she knows that I can relate to what she is feeling" Charlie nipped on her bottom lip "I mean it's all good talking to someone that's supposed to be an expert on the topic but talking to someone that you know understands every single word you say and every single feeling" she shrugged "It just easier"

Martha nodded but frowned "Isn't that kinda hard for you? I mean don't get me wrong I'm not saying that you shouldn't be offering her your help or your time, but I can't imagine it doesn't bring everything back for you"

Charlie, thought about it "I think what Grant did to me will always be with me, it's not something that you can just pretend never happened. But like I explained to, Brax, apart from, Ruby, nothing good as ever come out of what I went through and for the first time, I'm using my experience to help someone else. So honestly, I know it sounds maybe stupid to everyone else but it makes what happened worth something" she frowned and Bianca nodded

"I think I get what you mean. But if it does get hard for you, you need to put yourself first and take a step back"

Charlie nodded "I will"

"So, you and Brax have seemed stupidly happy this past month" said Martha as she brought her cup of coffee to her lips

Charlie smiled "Really good, we're us again just with a lot more..."

"Time wasting" Bianca finished with a grin and, Charlie, laughed

"Yea, a lot more of that"

"Well that's good" said Martha "I'm looking to give the kids away for the weekend, because between Jack's shifts at the station and Oliver, we hardly get anytime alone and I'm starting to get very itchy"

Bianca and Charlie laughed, startling Riley who was cuddled up against Bianca

"Awww sorry little man, we probably shouldn't be talking about this in front of you"

"You know you can't hug him all to yourself, every time we come over" frowned Martha "You have to share. Oliver is growing up way to quickly for my liking"

Charlie smiled "Does that mean you guys might have another?"

Martha's eyes widened "Nope, I don't think so. I pushed two kids out, that's more than enough"

Bianca and Charlie exchanged a look and, Martha frowned "No I mean it, no more kids. We are done"

Charlie shrugged "If you say so"

"How about you?" Charlie looked over at Bianca "You and Heath having anymore?"

Bianca glanced between, Charlie, and, Martha before looking back down at Riley as she tried to hide her smile

"Err..." Martha cocked and eyebrow, edging forward slightly on the couch "What was that look about?"

Bianca looked up at her "What look?"

"That look you just gave us, when I asked you if you and Heath were planning on having anymore" answered, Charlie

Bianca shrugged "There was no look" she looked back down at Riley, cooing at him

Martha and Charlie glanced at one another before turning there gaze back to Bianca

"Ok, cough up; what are you not telling us. Plus you didn't answer the question" said Charlie, her body now fully turned in, Bianca's direction

Bianca bit on her bottom lip, knowing that she and Heath had agreed to not tell anyone, but she needed to talk to someone about it. Looking up at the girls she couldn't help the grin on her face

"No..." Charlie's gaze travelled down to Bianca's stomach before moving back up to her face "Are you..."

Bianca nodded, her grin still placed

"You're pregnant?" clarified, Martha and, Bianca, nodded

"Yea, we found out about two weeks ago"

"And you're just telling us now" squealed Charlie, her eyes wide with excitement

Bianca chuckled at the look on Charlie's face "We wanted to wait till we hit the twelve weeks mark"

Martha and Charlie grinned

"Congratulations B" said Martha

"I would give you a big hug, but I don't think Riley would appreciate being squashed in the process" said Charlie

"Thanks guys" Bianca blew out a breath "Heath was ecstatic, I swear he's been on a mission to get me pregnant since Abigail turned five"

"So it was planned?" asked Charlie but Bianca shook her head

"Not really. Heath's wanted another for a while and I guess we weren't really making any efforts to stop it. We figured if it happens it happens"

"Do you really think Heath's going to be able to keep it from Brax?" asked Martha and Bianca chuckled

"I doubt it. I know you haven't noticed but he's nearly spilled the beans a few times already"

"Hey you never know, you guys might have twins" said Charlie and Bianca's eyes widened

"Don't say that, Heath is also convinced he's' put twins in there too. It best just be wishful thinking"

Martha frowned and glanced between Bianca and Charlie "So wait, I know neither of the two of you have twins in your family, so I'm guessing it's from the Braxton's side"

Charlie nodded "Yea, err Cheryl is actually a twin and so is her mother"

"Really?" said Martha, clearly surprised "How on earth did I not know this?"

"I don't think she ever talks about it" said Bianca "I only know because Heath told me"

"Yeah, same" added Charlie "I asked Brax after we found out about the twins. He explained that Cheryl's twins sister died when they were eight"

Martha's eyes widened "Oh... wow"

"Yea, apparently she drowned while they were on holiday" continued Charlie "And although Cheryl knew her mother was a twin she never actually met her mums sister because her mother's family apparently had disowned her, when she met Cheryl's father"

"Oh so she must have had a pretty hard childhood" said, Martha, her brows bunched together

Bianca nodded "It seems like it. Heath said they only know about Cheryl being a twin as well as her their grandmother because Cheryl had blurted it out one night when she was drunk"

"So twins really do run in that family"

Both Bianca and Charlie nodded

"I think it would be cute if you guys had twins" said Charlie to Bianca

Bianca shook her head "No, one kid at a time is good enough for me. I'll leave the giving birth to twins to you"

Charlie scoffed "Right now, as far as I'm concerned, Riley is going to be our last. I do not envy you guys. You've given birth natural more times than one; I thought I would die trying to push this little guy out of there." Bianca and Martha laughed and Charlie continued "No way am I doing that willingly again"

"Umm, what if, Brax, as other ideas?"

Charlie scoffed "Well unless he can make it so he's the one pushing the baby this time, he'll just have to suck it up and make do with the four we got"

Hearing the back door open up, Charlie, Martha and Bianca turned around to see, Heath and Brax walking into the living room

"Do the both of you actually work?" asked Martha and Heath grinned

"That's the magic of being the boss. We get to take off whenever we like"

"Hey" Brax leaned over the couch and kissed Charlie

"Hey, is it not busy at the restaurant today?" she asked

"It's steady. Letting Sam deal with it .I thought we could pick the kids up and go down to the beach. Jack clocks off in about an hour" he looked to Martha who nodded "We might as well make an afternoon of it"

The girls looked at each other and nodded

"Why not?" said Bianca and stood with Riley still in her arms "Why don't we get this little guy changed and ready"

Charlie stood "I can do that"

Bianca shook her head "Nope, just pick out his cute outfit and I'll dress him"

Charlie and Martha chuckled as Bianca made her way down the hall

"I'm thinking we should try and get him from her as soon as possible. She is liable to steal him" said Brax and Charlie hit his chest lightly

"She's just got baby fever" she glanced at Heath and Brax frowned

"Oh you know don't you?" he whispered and Charlie grinned

"Heath told you?"

Brax nodded "He was practically singing it"

"What are the two of you whispering about?" called Heath and Charlie pulled away from Brax and looked over at Heath

"Just how annoying you are" she replied sweetly before joining Bianca and Martha in Riley's room

"Bianca's told them hasn't she?" Heath shook his head but he was smiling

"How long did you think she was going to keep quiet for"
Six months later

"It so nice" Hope ran around their temporary room in awe "I never want to leave" she beamed as she jumped onto her bed, her legs flying out from under her as she collapsed onto the bed grinning

Charlie, Brax and the Kids were in Cape brigdewater Victoria for the week.

"How about you try not to break anything while we're here" said Brax as he walked into the room

"We not going to" answered Caleb, who was stood staring out of the closed glass doors that lead to the beach. Brax walked over and shook the door handle satisfied that the doors were looked. The last thing he wanted was for the twins making the way over to the beach on their own

"We should move here" said, Hope, jumping off the bed and running over to Caleb's side to get a view of the beach

Caleb nodded "It's so cool, and we go surfing all the time" he looked up at Brax with a grin

"You go surfing at home" answered Charlie as she walked into the room, Riley in hand. On seeing, Brax, Riley grinned and started clapping

"You want to see the beach to buddy" Brax walked over to Charlie and took Riley before walking to stand behind the twins "It's pretty cool hey" he looked at Riley and was rewarded with a big grin as Riley planted both his hands on Brax's face all the while babbling

Charlie chuckled

"We really to stay here for a week?" asked Caleb and Charlie nodded as she walked over to the twins small suitcases

"Yes, but don't think we'll be spending all that time surfing" said, Charlie, already knowing what Hope and Caleb were thinking "We're going to do other things too"

Hope and Caleb turned around to her and frowned "But nothing is more fun than surfing" said Caleb and Charlie rolled her eyes

"I beg to differ" she mumbled as she opened up Hope's suitcase "Yea well I don't surf so we need to do things that we all can do"

Hope sighed "You need to let daddy teach you, he the best at teaching surf"

Brax chuckled with a grin "How I love my kids"

Charlie turned to him with a frown but Brax simply winked at her "Hope is right, you should just let me teach you. I remember from all the other times I tried just how much fun it was" Brax, wiggled his eyebrows and Hope and Caleb nodded obviously not knowing what their father was referring to by fun

"Daddy's right" Caleb nodded "It so much fun"

Charlie clicked her tongue and turned around not wanting Brax to see the smile on her face "Mummy doesn't want to surf"

Brax shook his head "I promise to make it extra fun for you" he walked to Charlie and placed a kiss on her cheek. They both turn to Riley who started babbling again

"He's going t be a talker" said, Brax and as if understanding what his father had said, Riley, squealed with a giggle and babbled louder causing Charlie and Brax to laugh

"Can we go surfing today?" asked Caleb. He and Hope turned to look at Brax and Charlie as they held their hands together as if in prayer

"Not today" answered Brax and Charlie looked up at him with a smile "How about you held mummy unpack all your things while I go and feed Riley and then we can go out for something to eat?"

Hope and Caleb sighed but nodded "OK"

"But we to eat anything we want?" asked Hope and Charlie shook her head

"Yes you can have anything you want" replied Brax and Hope beamed. With the promise of food both, Hope and Caleb, got to work helping Charlie unpack their things.

Smiling at, Charlie, Brax gave her a wink as he looked up before walking out of the room with a still babbling Riley in his hands

"You hungry little fella" asked Brax and Riley squealed lightly, the single dimple on his right cheek prominent

Brax chuckled "I'll take that as a yes"

Watching Riley for a moment longer, Charlie stood to her feet and walked out of the room, making sure to leave the door slightly ajar. She walked into hers and Brax's room and walked over to her suitcase "I'm really glad we made time to get away" she called out

Waking out of the bathroom, Brax cut off the light "Yea, it's been a while hasn't it"

Charlie nodded as she pulled out one of Brax's old shirts "The twins are gonna wear us out by the end of the week"

Brax chuckled as he pulled his shirt from his head and unbuttoned his jeans "They're just excited" he walked over to Charlie and placed his hand around her waist "And so am I" Charlie smiled and turned to face him. She had stepped out of her dress so was now stood in her underwear

Charlie rested her hand on his chest "We should try and do this more often, it's kinda nice to get away from the Bay and just relax"

Brax nodded and lowered his head till his lips found hers. "Maybe next time we could even try it just me and you" one hand moved up from her waist and stroked along her back

Charlie leaned into him "That would be nice" she leaned up and placed another kiss on his lips "Although I don't think Hope or Caleb would be happy about that"

Brax shrugged with a grin "They'll get over it" he placed a kiss on her neck "But how about we don't talk about the kids for now"

Charlie smiled as he ran her hands through Brax's hair. She squealed as Brax picked her up and carried her towards their bed

"Hope, keep your mouth closed when you're chewing" said Charlie and Hope smiled sheepishly

"Aww Riley" Brax shook his head at the mess that Riley was making "You've got more of your food on your bid than in your stomach"

Riley grinned as Brax tried to feed him his food only to turn his head at the last minute. Brax sighed "You're just making fun of daddy now aren't you"

Riley looked at Brax before slapping his hand on the table of his high chair

"Yeah I think he's all done" said Brax standing and disposing of Riley's bowl. Walking back to Riley with a wet cloth, he cleaned his mouth "It's a good thing mummy thought to cover you up hey"

Charlie chuckled "You should be used to it by now, he makes a mess every time we feed him" Her head turned as she heard someone walk into the cabin

"Anybody here"

Hope squealed and Caleb's eyes widened

"Its Ruby" said Hope as she and Caleb jumped off their chairs and ran to the front door

"Ruby, Casey" Hope shouted and Brax and Charlie laughed as they heard Ruby and Casey's voices

"I guess they are surprised then" said Brax

Hope and Caleb had begged for Ruby and Casey to come. Charlie and Brax had lied to them saying that Ruby and Casey would not be able to make it

"Hey guys"

Ruby and Casey walked into the living room, Hope in Ruby's arms and Caleb in Casey's

"Hey" Charlie and Brax replied simultaneously

"You tricked us" said Hope with a grin

Charlie nodded "Yeah sorry, it was daddy's idea" she grinned at Brax

"Daddy that not nice" said Hope and Ruby, Casey and Charlie laughed

"Sorry sweetie, I promise I won't do it again"

"Wuuu…Wuuuuu" Riley babbled and he clapped his hand all the while looking at Ruby

"Yea I'm here big guy" said Ruby as she placed Hope down and took Riley's bid off before picking him up "You miss me" she tickled his chin and Riley giggled loudly "I missed you too" she smiled at her little brother

"I swear, if that boy say's your name before he says mama" Charlie frowned and Ruby grinned

"He's nearly there" replied Ruby "All we need is the b and the y. What can I say, I'm just an awesome sister"

Charlie scoffed "I'm his mum he should be trying to say mama first"

Brax chuckled "Jealously isn't a good look on you" he grinned and backed away from Charlie

"You to stay in here with us" asked Hope as she looked up at Ruby

"Me and Casey are in the Cabin next door" replied Ruby and Hope frowned

"Hey, you'll see us all the time. We'll be with you guys everyday" said Casey who had now placed Caleb back down "How about me and Ruby go and unpack and then we can go for a swim"

Hope and Caleb's eyes lit up "Yea, can we bring our boggy boards?"

"Sure" said Brax "But you both got to finish your pancakes first"

Hope and Caleb nodded, running back to the table

"So how was the drive down?" asked Charlie

Casey shrugged "Ok, Ruby won't remember much because she spent most of the eight hours sleeping"

Charlie and Brax laughed and Ruby sighed

"I was tired, plus you're the one who offered to drive the whole way down" she looked down at Riley "I hope you don't take after your uncle Casey when you grow up" she looked up and grinned at Casey before walking over to the kitchen table where Hope and Caleb were now sat eating

"Have I ever told you how great you are for putting up with that daughter of mine" said Charlie and Brax laughed

"Oi I heard that" called Ruby and Charlie rolled her eyes

"I am pretty awesome, aren't I" Casey said with a grin, but soon frowned as Brax hit him on the back of the head

"You're an idiot too"

"Hey sexy" Brax chuckled as he approached Charlie who was sat with Riley watching the rest of them in the water. He took the towel that she held out for him

"I knew you find me irresistible" he winked at her and Charlie chuckled

"It's the shoulders" she said, sighing dramatically "They're just so broad and manly" she chuckled at the look on Brax's face but squealed as Brax leaned over her, drops of water landing on her lap

"Babe, you're wet" Charlie tried to move back but Brax quickly dropped down pinning her onto her back

"Come for a swim with me" he spoke before his lips met hers

"Will you two cut it off" Brax and Charlie broke apart as Ruby and Casey approached with Caleb and Hope "Keep it PG while others are about please" Casey looked to Riley who was sat in his baby lounger, his fist in his mouth "See, poor Riley is hardly managing to hold back his horror"

Ruby chuckled as Hope and Caleb plonked themselves down on their towels "Mummy and daddy always kiss" said Hope and Caleb nodded

"Too many times" added Caleb and Ruby and Casey laughed, Charlie and Brax turning to the twins

"We do not kiss too many times" said Charlie and Hope nodded

"You do. In the morning, before daddy takes us to school, when daddy comes back from work and at night"

Ruby and Casey were now laughing hysterically and Brax sighed

"Yeah well, I'm allowed to kiss mummy anytime I want"

"Kissing is yucky" said Hope and Brax grinned

"And you are right" he patted her head "Just keep saying that till you're thirty"

Charlie laughed this time along with Ruby and Casey "Not likely"

"Mummy you come swim with us" asked Caleb who had stood back up again

"Yeah go, we'll stay here with Riley" said Casey and Ruby cocked an eyebrow

"We will?"

Casey chuckled and pulled her down "Yes, we will"

Brax stood to his feet dragging Charlie up with him "Come on then. We can get you arm floaties if you want" Brax mocked her and the twins giggled

Charlie looked down at Hope and Caleb "Oh you find that funny do you?"

Hope and Caleb nodded with big grins

Charlie sighed and removed her cover up top, dropping it onto her towel "Fine in that case…" before the twins could run she picked them up and ran down the beach. Hope and Caleb squealed through their laughter and pleas for Charlie to put them down

Hope and Caleb's laughter could be heard even as they reached the water. Brax chuckled and followed in after them

"And you're not struggling at all?" asked Brax and Ruby rolled her eyes

They were in the kitchen, while Charlie gave the twins a bath, Casey hanging out with Riley in the living room

"I promise, I am doing just fine at Uni. Yeah its hard but it's meant to be"

"And Casey is letting you revise?" said Brax looking at her sternly "I don't want you two constantly distracting each other or I'll drag you both back home" he looked at her pointedly and Ruby stepped onto her toes and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek

"I'm glad that you still worry about me, but I promise we are both very much concentrated on Uni"

Brax nodded as he turned the stove off, picking up the pot and walking to the sink to drain the spaghetti "Good. And how are you both doing or money?"

"Just fine" answered Casey as he walked into the kitchen. He shook his head at Brax. Brax had already grilled him earlier on that same day about Uni and money "I already told you this"

Brax shrugged "Well I didn't believe you so I'm confirming"

Casey scoffed "Thanks" and Ruby chuckled

"I promise Brax, we're doing just fine"

"Ok" Brax nodded, placing the pot back onto the stove. He turned to Casey who was holding Riley

"He finish his bottle?"

Casey nodded "He demolished it"

Brax nodded and Ruby grinned

"Of course he did, he's a Braxton"

3 Days Later

"You guys sure you don't mind staying in with them?" asked Charlie for what seemed like the fiftieth time

Brax sighed "No they do mind and even if they did, It's too late" they only had two more nights before they were going back to the Bay and Brax really wanted some alone time with Charlie

Ruby shook her head "Mum, we're good. We've looked after them before so we'll be fine"

Charlie nodded and picked up her clutch "Ok. But if Riley starts acting up, please call"

Casey nodded "We will, but we've got this" he looked up and Brax and chuckled "I think you should get going before Brax drags you out the door"

Charlie looked up at Brax "Fine let's go"

They had already said bye to Hope and Caleb

Don't sound too excited about tonight will you" Brax shook his head and Charlie turned to him with a smile

"I'm sorry. I am excited" she leaned up and gave him a quick kiss

Charlie stifled a laugh as the waiter walked away and Brax dug a hole into his back

"That was a little rude" she tried for a frown as she looked at Brax, but she was struggling to maintain the grin on her face

Brax clicked his tongue "Well it's also rude to be checking out someone else's wife" he frowned as his gaze moved back to the waiter and Charlie had no doubt if looks could kill, the waiter would be nothing but dust now

"He was being hospitable, it's his job"

Brax's gaze snapped back to her, his frown still placed "His job is to make sure he keeps his customers happy and serves me my food, without staring at my wife's chest"

Charlie chuckled but quickly covered it with a cough "Well I think he did just fine. I'm a very happy customer"

Brax narrowed his eyes at her "You're enjoying this aren't you" his elbow resting on the table

Charlie bit into her bottom lip "I would be lying if I said I don't like that you're jealous"

Brax scoffed "Well I would be if he had kept his eyes above board" he picked up the bill the same waiter had placed on their table "If he thinks he's getting a tip, he's got another thing coming"

Charlie couldn't help but laugh this time and Brax shook his head "Glad you're amused"

Charlie shrugged "I guess it's just nice to know you can still jealous over me"

Brax looked up at her "Of course I do. You're mine to look at and to play with, no one else's, I don't like sharing"

Charlie chuckled loudly and shook her head "Well you have nothing to worry about" she gave him a suggestive grin "You won't ever have to share"

Brax nodded "You've got that right" he gave her a grin but his grin soon turned into a frown as the same waiter returned. Charlie felt sorry for the poor waiter who had so far not looked in her direction no doubt sensing the murderous glare coming from Brax's direction

"That was great Brax" Charlie slipped her hand into his as they walked down the street, having just had dinner

"Glad you liked it" replied Brax. He removed his hand from Charlie's and pulled her into his side, his arm winding around her neck. Charlie wrapped her arms around his lower waist as they continued back towards the cabins

"It been a while since we had a date night" replied Charlie and Brax nodded "We should do this more often"

Brax nodded and placed a kiss on her head "How about once a month?" he questioned "I'm sure we can palm the kids off to mum or Heath and Bianca"

Charlie looked up at him and nodded before she placed a kiss on his lips. Brax stopped walking as he deepened the kiss a while longer

"Ummm" Charlie simpered up at him as they pulled out of the kiss "That sounds great"

Brax looked down at Charlie with a slow smile and she frowned "What?" she asked a small smile on her face, her eyebrows drawn together in question

Brax started walking again, forcing Charlie to walk with him, his arm still keeping Charlie close to his side "So you remember when we went away last time with everyone else?"

Charlie nodded and looked ahead to find they were already at the beach behind the cabin they were staying in "Yeah, of course I remember. Why?"

"We went into that little antic shop?" Brax continued and Charlie thought for a moment before she nodded

"Yeah" she looked up at him, her eyebrows creasing further together

"Well" Brax stopped walking and Charlie watched as he dug into his pocket "I actually got something that day" Brax produced a silver ribbon bag

Charlie looked up at Brax, question in her eyes

"It's for you" Brax handed it over and Charlie took it from him slowly

"What is it?" she pulled on the ribbon slowly unsure what to expect. Opening up the small bag she emptied it into her hand and her gaze stilled on the object. She remembered the charm bracelet. Her gaze snapped back up to Brax

"How did you…" she looked back down at the bracelet in her hand. She had so badly wanted to get it the day she had seen it but the price had put her off. She still remembered her disappointment when she had noticed it was no longer on display when she and Brax were leaving the shop

"I saw you looking at it. I got the lady behind the counter to do quick work of packing it up for me when you was looking round the shop" answered Brax. He took the bracelet from Charlie's hand and proceeded to snap it around her wrist

"I can't believe you brought it for me. The price…"

Brax shook his head "It's just a price, Charlie. Plus you really wanted it I could see that…" he shrugged and pulled her to him, Charlie's hands resting on his chest "It wouldn't have mattered how much it was I would have still brought it that day" He looked down at her wrist and smiled "Plus it's a nice addition to this one" Brax fingered the bracelet he had given to her over 17 years ago. Charlie hardly ever took it of

Charlie pursed her lips, and almost melted into him "You do know that you're supposed to get less romantic the longer you're married"

Brax grinned, his arms winding tighter around her waist "Well you make it easy" he leaned in and took her lips in a soft but deep kiss

Pulling back from the kiss, Charlie kept her gaze on Brax "Did you just give me this tonight so you're guaranteed to get lucky"

Brax grinned, his dimples showing "I thought that was a done deal anyway"

Charlie smiled "Now it is"

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much JarlieFanEver for sticking with this fic your comments have meant a lot :). As always... ENJOY :D

CHAPTER FORTY SIX - LAST CHAPTER :)

Brax shook his head "It's just a price, Charlie. Plus you really wanted it I could see that…" he shrugged and pulled her to him, Charlie's hands resting on his chest "It wouldn't have mattered how much it was I would have still brought it that day" He looked down at her wrist and smiled "Plus it's a nice addition to this one" Brax fingered the bracelet he had given to her over 17 years ago. Charlie hardly ever took it of

Charlie pursed her lips, and almost melted into him "You do know that you're supposed to get less romantic the longer you're married"

Brax grinned, his arms winding tighter around her waist "Well you make it easy" he leaned in and took her lips in a soft but deep kiss

Pulling back from the kiss, Charlie kept her gaze on Brax "Did you just give me this tonight so you're guaranteed to get lucky"

Brax grinned, his dimples showing "I thought that was a done deal anyway"

Charlie smiled "Now it is"
Four years later

"Mummy... looks what I found" Riley stood with a hand full of dirty stones

Charlie looked up at Riley and gasped

"Riley!" she leaped up from her seat and knelt down before him. She took the stones form his hand and kept him at arm's length "For crying out loud, I told you, you had to keep clean" she sighed as she looked at the front of his cream tux, which was now more dirt brown than cream

"I no mean to" Riley frowned as he looked down at his tux "Oh" he seemed surprised by the mess he had made "It really dirty, uh" he scratched the back of his head and looked back up at Charlie, presenting her with a sweet smile, his one dimple dipping into his right cheek

Charlie looked up at her son and rolled her eyes as Ruby laughed

"Good thing I brought two" said Charlie "And you're going to say right here with me till it's time for us to go out" said Charlie as she stood to her feet disposed of the stones and walked over to get the spare suit that she had hung up for Riley in case of an emergency such as this. She picked up the face wipes that she had brought with her and wiped her hands down

"You no mad at me mummy" said Riley as he followed behind her, his eyes wide

Charlie sighed and turned back to him as she picked up his spare suit. He was looking up at her with his big green eyes, everything about him was Brax

"Of course not, but you need to be more careful, ok?" Charlie was unsure why she bothered. Getting dirty was Riley's thing. He seemed to be able to produce dirt out of virtually nothing

Riley nodded a big grin on his face "Ok" he turned to Ruby who was stood in front of the mirror on the far end of the room and gave her a big smile "You look pretty Ruby"

Ruby smiled down at her little brother "Awww, thank you Riley" she walked to him making sure not to allow him stain her and bent to his level placing a kiss on his cheek "And you look very handsome"

Riley grinned "Mummy says I'm the handsomest even more than Caleb and Dylan"

Ruby chuckled "And mummy is right, but don't tell Caleb or Dylan that, they might get jealous"

Riley grinned and Ruby and Charlie knew he would be sharing that news with Caleb the next time he saw him

Ruby and Charlie looked up as the door opened and Bianca, Martha, Leah and April walked in

"You look incredible Ruby" said Bianca

Ruby smiled over at the girls

"Thank you" she let out a deep breath "How is it looking out there?"

"They're just waiting on you now. Poor Casey is so fidgety" smiled Martha and Ruby's smile widened as she turned back to the mirror, her gaze travelling down over herself

"I'm actually getting married" she spoke as she looked at Charlie through the mirror "I feel like I'm about to be sick but in a good way" her brows pinched together "Does that make sense?"

Charlie smiled and walked over to Ruby, stopping behind her "It makes perfect sense" she placed a kiss on Ruby cheek

Ruby nodded and looked at herself one more time "I can't believe I am actually going to go out there and commit myself to a life with Casey" she rolled her eyes but the smile on her face never once faded "I must be out of my mind"

All the girls laughed and Riley looked at them all puzzled

"I think anyone willing to take on the Braxton as to be a little crazy" said Leah and Bianca and Charlie nodded

"But you love him" said Charlie and a wide smile spread across Ruby face

"More than anything" she said with conviction and Charlie nodded "He's my best friend"

"Well that's all that matters" said Charlie. Ruby nodded and found Charlie's hand giving it a tight squeeze

"Mummy, you need to change me" said Riley and Charlie turned back to him

"Sorry sweetie"
"You know Charlie is going to kill you for sending Riley over there like that?" said Brax and Heath grinned

"He won't snitch on me"

Brax shook his head "How many times, stop bribing my son"

Heath chuckled "He was the one that hustled me. I had to give him a full five dollars to get him to keep from snitching. How was I supposed to know he was going to start picking the stones out of the plant"

Jack and Miles laughed and Brax sighed

"I'm keeping Dylan as far away from you as possible" said Brax

"Don't worry, I'll just settle for corrupting Millie"

"Try it and Charlie will have your balls" said Casey as he ran his hand down his suit

Brax turned to Casey and smiled "So, you ready?"

Casey turned around to him and smiled "Been ready for over two years" he grinned. He had proposed to Ruby two years ago, but Ruby had wanted to wait a while before getting married

"Yea well, let's see if you're still staying that one year down the line" said Heath "I swear these women take your balls and hide it somewhere"

Jack, Miles and Brax laughed

"Don't let Bianca hear you saying that"

Heath glared at them "Tell her and you're all going down with me" he pointed at them all and Brax shook his head

"There is only one advice I can give you" he said as he walked up to Casey and fixed the collar of his shirt

"Yea, what's that?"

"She is always right" Brax, said simply "And unless it's a matter of life and death, it will make your life a whole lot easier if you just let her have her way"

Casey chuckled "Yea I already know that. You do know I'm getting married to, Ruby, right. She's been getting her own way since the day we got together"

Heath chuckled "Then you'll be ok" he winked "And remember, arguing is healthy for the both of you because that leads to some very extensive sessions in the bedroom"

Casey, Jack and Miles laughed and Brax groaned

"Is that all you think about?" asked Brax and Heath shrugged

"Mostly, yea"

Looking up at the time, Brax turned to Casey "It's time"

Casey nodded "I'm getting married" he grinned and Brax smiled

"Yeah, and although you're my brother I'm gonna say this to you once. If you hurt her in the slightest I will unfortunately have to break a few bones"

Casey scoffed "Please, I'm more scared of Charlie than I am of you. Trust me when I say that knowing I will have Charlie to deal with if I ever screw up makes it a lot less likely to ever happen. I'm not a glutton for pain"

"Plus she's legally licensed to handle a fire arm" added Jack with a grin and Heath laughed and turned to Casey

"Yea you're definitely screwed"
Knocking on the door, Brax pushed it open slightly "Hey" he peered around the room his gaze stopping on Charlie as he winked at her "Is the bride to be, ready?" he asked just as his gaze landed on Ruby

Ruby exhaled a slow nervous breath" So, will I do?" Ruby, offered Brax a small smile and Brax stepped further into the small space and stopped in front of her

"You look beautiful" he smiled "You trying to give poor Casey a heart attack" he grinned and Ruby returned his smile

"Thank you" Ruby spoke quietly

Brax shook his head "And don't worry, I've already threatened him with major body harm if he ever screws things up with you"

The girls laughed and Ruby chuckled "Very nice of you"

Brax nodded "I thought so too"

"Ready?" Brax held his hand out for Ruby and Ruby placed her hand in his

"Definitely"
Brax and Ruby stood as April made her way to the front of the church. Brax gave Charlie a wink and Charlie chuckled as she made her way to the front of the church

"Thank you for doing this" said Ruby and Brax turned to her

"For doing what?"

"Giving me away" Ruby smiled

"You're my kid Rubes, of course I'm giving you away" he placed a kiss on her temple and Ruby beamed up at him

"I love you"

Brax grinned

"Love you too, kiddo"
"They are so cute" said Charlie, who was leaning against Brax's chest. Brax's arms wound around her waist. She and Brax stood watching Ruby and Casey. They were making their way around the restaurant greeting the guests but every so often their gaze would find each other and Brax and Charlie watched as they both smiled lovingly at one another

"Um" he placed a kiss on her neck "They are"

Charlie giggled and pulled away "Will you stop"

Brax shrugged "You just look really sexy in that dress" he grinned and pulled her back against him

Charlie shook her head "Yea well you're just going to have to wait till tonight"

Brax grinned "Yea, I have a better idea" Charlie frowned and turned to him but Brax gave her a quick kiss before dropping his arms and walking over to Where Heath, Jack and Miles were stood

Looking up, Charlie smiled as Ruby walked to her

"Hey sweetie" Charlie felt her eyes welling up and not for the first time that day

Ruby cocked her head "Mum no more crying" she chuckled and Charlie waved her hands over her eyes trying to control herself

"Sorry" she shook her head and swiped under her eyes "I just can't believe my baby is a married woman" Charlie pouted and groaned "Oh I feel so old"

Ruby laughed but was soon grinning as she felt Casey snake his arms around her waist

"That's cause you are old" said Casey quickly moving back with Ruby still in his arms as Charlie shot him a glare

"I'm your mother in law now, you best keep me sweet or else"

Casey and Ruby chuckled

"Got it" Casey, grinned. He looked around the restaurant before looking back at Charlie

"Thank you guys for all this"

Charlie and Brax had been adamant that they wanted to pay for the wedding. They wanted Ruby and Casey to use the money they had saved up to start their new life together

Ruby nodded "Yea, you guys are amazing"

Charlie smiled and winked "Yea, we know"

Charlie looked over Ruby's shoulder as she heard Millie crying "Looks like someone is missing me" she gave Ruby and Casey one last smile before making her way over to Cheryl

"Is she fussing?" Charlie took Millie from Cheryl before sitting down. Millie instantly stopped crying and smiled up at her mother

"I think she just misses her mummy and daddy" said Cheryl

Charlie smiled down at her ten month old daughter "Hey pumpkin" she placed a kiss on her forehead, you've been a really good girl today" Charlie looked down at Dylan who lay fast asleep in his pram "The men in this family like to sleep way too much"

Cheryl laughed "The only other thing this little guy likes more is when he has someone's attention" Dylan loved being held

"Sometimes I still can't believe we got another pair of twins" said Charlie and Cheryl chuckled. Cheryl remembered Brax's story of Charlie almost passing out when the doctors declared that they were having another set of twins

"I take it kids are out of it now for you and Brax?"

Charlie looked at Cheryl like she was crazy to even ask the question "I am done having babies. We have six and that is more than anyone needs. I just want us to concentrate on the family we have now"

Charlie rolled her eyes as Millie squealed as Brax approached "Hey baby girl" Brax picked his daughter up "You miss daddy" he questioned rubbing his nose against Millie's who giggled hysterically the same way she always did when Brax did that

Charlie smiled at Brax as she watched him with their daughter. She looked down at Dylan who was still asleep and her smile grew. She had a wonderful family
Washing her hands, Charlie looked up as the door opened. She frowned as Brax walked in "What's wrong?" she asked thinking maybe the twins were being fussy

Brax shook his head and locked the door behind him "Nothing" turning around to her he grinned as he moved to Charlie as she turned to face him

"You do know this is the ladies toilets?" she said as Brax slid his arms around her waist, pinning her against the sink

"We could take it to the gents if that would make you more comfortable" His hand snaked to the back of her dress and started pulling the zip down

Taking a firm hold of his arms, Charlie tried to push him back with no luck "Brax..." she sucked in a breath as he buried his head in her neck, his lips brushing against her skin "We cannot do this here"

"Umm, why?" Brax mumbled

"Because, all our kids are right outside that door with the whole of Summer Bay and this is Ruby and Casey's Wedding, we should be out there"

"We'll get out there right after we're done in here" answered Brax teasingly

Successfully managing to get her zip down, Brax pushed the straps down Charlie's arms "I've been thinking about getting you out of this dress since this morning" before Charlie could reply or protest, he lowered his head and dragged his lips across her chest

"Umm" Charlie's head feel back "Brax, we shouldn't"

But Brax only pushed the dress further down till it was pooled at her waist. He took in her white lace strapless bra and ran his thumb along the side of her breast, causing Charlie to suck in a breath

"No, we really should" in a flash he had her bra undone and let it fall to the floor. Taking her in, Charlie saw his eyes darken and he brushed against her "We definitely should" as soon as his mouth met hers, and his hand held her, all coherent thought was lost to Charlie as she wound her legs around his waist as Brax set her on the sink

"We have to be quick" she breathed heavily as she pulled Brax shirt out of his trousers and started undoing his zip

"I'll see what I can do" he pushed Charlie's dress up so it all pooled at her waist "But first thing is first"

"Has anyone seen Ruby?" Casey walked over to Charlie and Brax with a frown

"No, we figured she was with you" said Brax, his arms dropping from around Charlie, as they stood on the balcony of the restaurant

Casey shook his head "No, she disappeared a while ago"

Charlie frowned and was about to speak when something caught her attention on the beach. She looked over to see Ruby sat on the sand "Found her"

Brax and Casey turned to see what Charlie was looking at

"What is she…" Casey went to speak but stopped as he realised

Charlie gave him a small smile "I'll go talk to her"

Casey nodded, his gaze on Ruby as Charlie walked out of the restaurant and made her way to Ruby

"Hey"

Ruby looked up from where she was sat and smiled at Charlie before turning back to the view in front of her

"I really miss them" she spoke and Charlie sighed, she knew exactly how Ruby was feeling. She lowered herself down onto the sand, and stretched her leg out in front of her

"I miss them to. Every day" her fingers played with the sand on either side of her. She let the small grains slide through her fingers

They both sat unspoken for a moment. The day had left and the beach shone from the light from the moon as it bounced off the water

"I wish they had been there today to see this" said Ruby "I wish they had been here to see all of this. Everything we have done, how far we have come" a tear slide down her cheek and Charlie pursed her lips closing her eyes to stop her own tears from falling "They'll never get to see their grand kids or their great grand kids" Ruby wiped at her tears "They missed so much and it just doesn't seem fair" she sniffed and cleared her throat "I just really wanted them to be here today, you know" she kept her gaze on the water "To see the smiles on their face when I said I do. To see that I found…" she paused "That we found people who love us unconditionally"

Charlie blew out a breath, and moved closer to Ruby and wrapped her arm around Ruby's shoulder, Ruby laying her head on Charlie's shoulder

"That's what you're missing" said Charlie so quietly Ruby wasn't sure she had heard her

"What?" Ruby asked her head still lay on Charlie's shoulder

"We may not be able to see them, Ruby, but they see us. Everything we do they see, every wish we make they hear. They were right there with us today, Ruby…with you. They've always been with us and they always will. Sight is over rated" Charlie sniffed "I feel them every day and I just know they were right up at the front of that church today, smiling over at you… mum was probably in tears" she added with a small chuckled and Ruby laughed "But they were there Ruby and they can see and feel just how happy we are"

Ruby but into the corner of her bottom lip "You think?"

Charlie nodded "Yea. I still feel them sometimes; I know that sounds odd but…"

Ruby shook her head "No, it doesn't. I think I do too but sometimes…"

"It would be nice if you could just see their faces even if only one last time"

Ruby nodded and Charlie placed a kiss on her head

"Do you want to know what I've been doing lately"? Asked Charlie and Ruby nodded

"Well" she smiled a little "I close my eyes and I let myself remember them. Like mum's laugh to the way dad would roll his eyes" she sighed "We might not be able to see them with our natural eyes but, Ruby, we can always see them in our heart in our memory, nothing will ever change that"

"Do you think they would have been proud of me?" asked Ruby and Charlie smiled

"Immensely" she squeezed Ruby "They are just as proud of you as I am, sweetie"

Rub nodded her head "Thank you" she spoke and Charlie looked down at her

"For what?"

Ruby wrapped her arms around Charlie, her head still on her shoulder "For being my mum"

That tear that had been lingering now fell down Charlie's cheek as she hugged Ruby tighter "I should be the one thanking you, for being my daughter"

"Thank you guys for this" said Ruby, as Brax walked in through the front door with another box

"You're welcome" said Heath and Ruby chuckled

"I was actually speaking to mum and Brax" she looked over at Charlie and Brax, Charlie sat with Dylan in her lap, Millie on Hope's

"For what?" asked Brax and Ruby rolled her eyes as Casey walked into the house with another box

"For all this, for giving us the house"

Brax and Charlie smiled over at her "We couldn't exactly keep living here, it's too crowded and this way we get to keep the house in the family" answered Charlie

"But we're still grateful" added Casey as he walked to Ruby "And we still would like to at least pay something"

Charlie and Brax rolled their eyes and Heath spoke up

"What is wrong with the kids of these days" he crashed down onto the single couch and propped his legs up onto the coffee table "In my time, when someone gave you something for free, you took it before they could change their mind and run" he looked up at Casey and Ruby "I wish someone had given me a house for free"

Brax grunted and smacked Heaths legs off the coffee table "That's because you're a greedy bas..." he stopped and looked at Hope who was grinning up at him

"A greedy idiot" he finished. Hope had opened up a swear jar for every time the adults swore when the kids were around, and she was making quiet a sum for herself

Charlie chuckled but turned to Ruby and Casey "We already told you, the house is yours now"

Ruby and Casey glanced at one another, they knew there was no way Brax or Charlie would accept any money they attempted to give them as payment for the house

"Fine" Ruby smiled "But seriously guys, thank you, this means so much"

Casey nodded in agreement

"If you really want to repay us, you'll baby sit whenever we call" said Brax with a grin and Charlie rolled her eyes

"Of course" said Ruby "We love spending time with the kids"

Hope sighed, heavily "I'm not a kid"

Charlie and Brax rolled their eyes mockingly

"Of course not sweetie" said Brax and Hope gave him a sweet smile. She was most definitely a daddy's girl

"I don't think there is anything left in any of the cars" called Jack as he walked into the house "We gonna unpack now, or start up the Barbie first"

"Food first" said Heath, as he jumped to his feet "I'm so hungry I could eat a baby"

Jack, Brax and Casey shook their heads as they followed Heath out to the back garden Where, Bianca, Martha and the kids were

"When are you never hungry" mumbled Casey
Ruby looked down at Charlie and smiled "I'm married" she said, her smile growing big

Charlie smiled up at Ruby and felt her chest squeeze, her little girl wasn't so little anymore "Don't remind me" she waved one hand over her eyes to stop her tears from coming

Hope glanced at her mum and quickly stood to her feet, holding onto Millie "I'm going to go outside, before you start crying again"

Ruby chuckled and Charlie sighed as Hope left the room "I've not been that bad have I?"

Ruby shrugged as she took a seat beside Charlie. Ruby smiled as she stroked Dylan's hair, earning her a big gummy smile "It's ok; I know they are happy tears"

Charlie nodded "I'm so happy for you and Casey, it's just you're my little girl and now...you're all grown up"

Ruby chuckled and placed a kiss on her mother's cheek

"Well I'm hoping I'll always be your little girl, married or not"

Charlie placed a hand on Ruby's cheek "Always"

Ruby smiled and took Dylan from Charlie "How about we go out to the others before mummy starts to cry again" she rubbed her nose against Dylan's who rewarded her with a big giggle "Yea we don't want that do we"

Standing to her feet, Charlie followed as they made their way into the back garden to join the rest

"What's wrong with you woman?" Heath groaned as he stared at Bianca while rubbing the back of his head

All the kids were giggling and Ruby rolled her eyes

"He's never going to change is he?" she spoke with affection in her voice as she looked at Heath

Charlie chuckled "Not a chance, but I kinda like him this way"

Ruby nodded "Yep me too" she looked at Bianca who was still giving Heath a stern telling off

"What are the two of you whispering about?" asked Brax, looking up from manning the steaks and burgers

Ruby and Charlie walked to him. Charlie wrapped her arms around his waist and Brax smiled before leaning down for a kiss, a spatula in one hand

"That is so gross"

Brax and Charlie looked up to find Hope and Caleb looking over at them with clear disgust at their blatant public display of affection. Charlie chuckled at Riley who was also scrunching his face up. He copied whatever Hope and Caleb did

"Oh you think that's gross?" asked Charlie as she dropped her arms from around Brax and walked over to Hope who had now passed Millie over to Cheryl

Hope nodded, her nose turned up

"Oh so you wouldn't like it if I did this…" before Hope could move Charlie wrapped her arms around her and planted several kissing on her face

Through her laughter, Hope tried to wiggle away from Charlie's hold "No, stop" she giggled as Charlie carried on her assault

"Then say you're wrong" said Charlie, carrying on with the kisses

"Ok, I was wrong, I was wrong"

Charlie let her go, smiling "I thought so, you like me kissing you"

Hope shook her head, but the smile on her face could not be denied "No I don't"

Charlie turned to Caleb "And you, you think it's gross"

Caleb's eyes widened and he held his hand out, he was going through the; I'm too old to be kissed by my parents faze "No I don't think it's gross" he backed up and the adults laughed "Not gross at all" Charlie nodded and glanced down at Riley. There was no doubt about it, Riley was a mummies boy "Do you think it's gross" she picked him up and Riley nodded with a smile

"It is" he squealed as Charlie planted kissed all over his face

"No mummy stop" he threw his head back laughing

Brax watched on and rolled his eyes "That boy is such a mummies boy; I swear sometimes I wonder if I'm the one married to her or him. He is the definition of cramping my style"

Jack and Heath laughed

"And yet you had two more" replied Heath

Brax grinned "Yea, but they came as a surprise" he sniffed puffing out his chest dramatically "What can I say I'm just that good"

Jack scoffed "Or that crazy. Nathaniel wasn't planed either but now we've got three kids and no way are we having anymore. I swear I feel like I've spent the last ten years swimming in dirty diapers" Martha and Jacks son, Nathaniel, was two years old

Heath and Brax laughed

"Casey will be next now" added Jack and Brax and Heath turned to look over at Casey who was now, stood in front of Ruby, a big grin on his face as he held onto Dylan

Brax cocked an eyebrow "I can't believe he's married" he shook his head "I still remember when he couldn't even pronounce my name properly and teaching him to surf"

Heath groaned "Crap I feel old, when did all this happen"

Jack and Brax chuckled, as Brax turned back to the barbecue, flipping over the steaks and burgers

"Dad" Heath turned to find a now fourteen year old Reece stood before him. At only fourteen, Reece was almost as talk as Heath

"What's up?"

"Can I go over to James place after we're done eating?" Heath looked past him at Bianca and found her shaking her head whilst she gave him a death look

"You've already asked your mum, haven't you?"

Reece groaned and nodded "But I've been here all day"

Heath shrugged "Mum says no then it's a no buddy, sorry"

"But why?" asked Reece

Heath turned to him "One because I said so and secondly but most importantly, your mother is a wonderfully scary woman and I'm not fool enough to go against what she says. But if you're man enough why not leave and ignore her?" he cocked his eyebrow at Reece who turned back to look at Bianca

"Fine, I'll stay" as Reece slinked away, Jack and Brax couldn't hold in their laughter

"I am not looking forward to when Hope and Caleb get to that age. They're already making my life difficult as it is" said Brax, his voice filled with love. Hope and Caleb had just turned nine but I seemed like they were growing up to fast

Heath took a swing of his beer "I swear he spends more time frowning than he does smiling. Every time you tell him he can't do something he acts like the entire world is about to cave in on him"

Jack and Brax full out laughed

"He's no different from you then" said Jack and Heath frowned at him

"No way was I that bad at that age"

Brax scoffed "Yea you're right, you were worse"

Heath sighed "As long as those two stay innocent for longer I'll be good. Abi already acts like she's too cool to have her dad around" Heath sighed but smiled as four year old Zack and Lucas ran around the garden, laughing as Dex and April chased after them

"Think Casey and Ruby will have any twins?"

Brax shrugged "You never know. But given that you've got a set and I've got two, its likely" Brax smiled as he looked on at their family
"Come one kids, foods ready" said Martha as she sat with Nathaniel in her lap. The kids all barrelled towards the table practically crashing into their seats

"I'm so hungry" said Hope and Caleb scoffed

"You're always hungry"

Hope hit him across the head and Caleb pushed her away

"Stop it you two" Called Charlie, her gaze warning the both of them

Hope frowned "He's being annoying" she shot him a look "Like always"

Charlie shook her head, sometime you would think they didn't like each other but then one of them would be upset and the other would be sad to. And they always stood together if the other was getting in trouble

"Well just don't talk to each other and eat your food" Hope and Caleb gave each other looks of distaste before looking up as Jack, Heath, Casey and Brax walked over, with plates of food in hand

"Umm, that smells amazing" said Ruby and she helped Casey with a plate of steak and placed them on the table

"Right, who wants serving first" all the kids put their hands up and Abigail glared at Reece

"It's ladies first" the adults laughed in amusement but Reece simply rolled his eyes

"You're not a lady"

Abi glared at him "Yes I am"

He shook his head "No you're a little girl"

"Guys stop fighting" Bianca shook her head and sighed "We'll sever it from youngest to oldest"

"That means dad's never going to get his" muttered Sophia but not low enough as all the adults started laughing at Jacks expense

"Aww baby" Martha ran her hand through his head as he frowned

"And to think you were my favourite daughter" said Jack

A now fourteen year old Sophia rolled her eyes but smiled "I'm your only daughter"
One week later

"Everyone is officially out for the count" said Charlie as she walked into their room "I think it's been a long day for them. Riley was out before his head even hit the pillow"

Brax spoke from the bathroom "Today was a good day wasn't it"

Charlie nodded as she stripped out of her clothes before slipping into bed "Yeah, a really good day. I know we've been here two month already, but it still feels weird living in a new place"

"We couldn't fit in that house anymore. Plus the kids love it here" said Brax. He walked out of the bathroom, turned off the lights before stripping down to his boxers "You are such a pervert you know that" he chuckled as Charlie watched him with a grin before he slipped into bed

Brax's pulled her to him and cocked an eyebrow at finding her naked. He grinned as he pulled the covers back a little to look at her

"I like the way you think" he looked back up at her his grin still placed. Charlie nodded as she wrapped her arms around his neck

"I thought you would"

Charlie looked up and smiled as Brax walked into the room with Ellie and Dylan in his arms

"Don't think they will be getting back to sleep in the storm"

Charlie sat up and laughed at the grin on Ellie's face, her arms already outstretched. Brax carefully placed Ellie into Charlie's arms before he settled beside Charlie with Dylan

"My poor babies, did the storm scare you?"

Ellie grinned up at her mother before she lay her head on her chest

"They're tired" said Charlie as she glanced over at Dylan who was also cuddled into Brax, his gaze heavy.

Brax nodded "Yeah, they can sleep in here tonight. The storm will only wake them again if we go lay them back in their room"

Charlie nodded and was about to switch off the bedside light, when she heard the squeal of hers and Brax's door

"Mummy" Riley stuck his head in, his eyes flickering between Charlie and Brax "I no sleep no more" he said even as he rubbed his tired eyes

"The storm wake you?" asked Brax and Riley nodded his head as he walked into the room

"It too loud" said Riley. He stopped as his gaze moved between Ellie and Dylan "I sleep here too" he asked, his green eyes wide for affect and Brax and Charlie chuckled

"It's a good thing we opted for a king size bed" said Charlie before she nodded at Riley "Get up here"

Riley grinned and practically crawled over Brax and Dylan before settling between both his parents "It nice in your bed"

Brax chuckled "Yeah but you have to sleep in your own bed tomorrow, ok"

Riley nodded as he wiggled about to get comfortable. He lay flat on his back as he switched his gaze between Ellie and Dylan

Brax and Charlie both looked up at the sound of footsteps closing in and both sighed with faint smiles on their face just as the door creaked open and Hope and Caleb walked into the room

"Let me guess, you both can't sleep because of the storm?" said Brax and Hope and Caleb nodded

"Just for tonight?" said Hope and Brax and Charlie glanced at one another before rolling their eyes

"Heads facing the opposite direction" said Brax and Hope and Caleb practically jumped onto the bed. All moving about so they could fit on comfortably, Charlie looked down and smiled as her gaze moved over all five kids. She hoped the day when they would be too old to want to sleep in their parents room and they would be out in the world independently wouldn't come too soon

"If I feel feet anywhere near my face, I'm chucking you both out" said Brax to Hope and Caleb and Riley giggled

"Their feet be stinky" he poked at Hope and Caleb's feet

"Get off" Hope frowned propping herself up on her elbows and glaring at Riley who giggled more

"You all play nice or everyone goes back to their own room" said Charlie. She was still surprised they could get all seven of them on the one bed. It helped that Ellie and Dylan liked sleeping on Brax's and Charlie's chest

"Dad?" Hope called

Brax now lay on his back, his arms around Dylan, who was already asleep

"Yeah?"

"Can you tell us a story?" she asked

Brax and Charlie glanced at one another. Brax knew exactly which story Hope would ask to hear. The kids always loved hearing ho their parents had met and fallen in love. Although parts of the story was left out for obvious reasons, Brax and Charlie always included the important bits and most especially Hope, loved hearing it.

"What story would you like to hear?" asked Brax and Hope smiled

"Yours and mums story"

Brax nodded "Ok"

Caleb, Riley and Hope settled onto their back as did Charlie with Millie lay on her chest

"One day, a boy was sat in class listening to the same thing, his mind distracted by other things, until the most beautiful girl he had ever seen walked into the room" Brax looked over at Charlie, who was watching him with as much love in her eyes as he had for her

Archived