New Forum

Guest Chris J

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked this on the New Forum thread, but didn't get a reply so I'll repost here.

I don't want to see any avatars, and on the old forum you could set your preferences to suppress them. How is that possible with the new software?

Also there seems to be a problem with the ignored users list. The users I was ignoring on the old forum are still being ignored OK, but the ignored user list on my profile settings is showing as empty.

I asked this on the New Forum thread, but didn't get a reply so I'll repost here.

I don't want to see any avatars, and on the old forum you could set your preferences to suppress them. How is that possible with the new software?

Also there seems to be a problem with the ignored users list. The users I was ignoring on the old forum are still being ignored OK, but the ignored user list on my profile settings is showing as empty.

I've got no idea what's causing that ignored user problem but will look into it.

Would you be able to do a bit of testing for me? Does it let you add a user who you were ignoring on the old forum onto the new ignored users list? If so, if you then temporarily remove them from that list, do their posts show up, or do they continue to be ignored?

And I'll check with support, but unfortunately it doesn't look like you have the option to suppress avatars any more. Can you learn to love them? :P I might have to change the default blank avatar away from the awful grey silhouette though.

I'm slowly getting used to it. Like all Scorpios, we hate change.

High-5 to another Scorpio.

Another thing I was going to say is that I'm glad the banner advert had gone but it's back today :( . Is this (that applied today) the new skin, or will there be something more substantial down the line?

There'll be something a bit more substantial down the line :)

Couple of improvements I've noticed are with regards to the actual posting functionality. It now let's you edit in a Microsoft Word style document accompanied by images, HTML etc. Also there's an autosave feature. I would imagine this will come in handy for a lot of people. I haven't tested this but I'm assuming if you are posting something in a particular topic, it has autosaved and for some reason i.e. your browser crashes, you can simply log in again and pick up where you left from. Personally due to the erroneous IPS Driver errors which plagued the forum a while back, I've now gotten used to writing and saving the post before I login as some of my messages can be quite lengthy. Still if the software has been upgraded you would imagine there's every chance it will contain bug fixes so those issues would have been resolved.

I wasn't sure where to ask this but, so I thought that I would ask it here. I want to post a video that I made from youtube, but I couldn't find the code to post it. Would anyone be able to help me with this?

Thanks

Bronwyn

Took me a while to figure this one out, but in reality it couldn't be easier. Just paste the URL of the video into the post, and it'll embed it automatically.

Archived