New Forum

Guest Chris J

Can't say I like this forum look. Much prefered the older one although that's probably because I was so used to that one.

Just one thing - I seem to be having trouble with spoiler tags. I tried to read a post that someone had spoiler tagged and I clicked on the 'show' button that's now there to read the spoiler but nothing is showing. Am I doing something wrong or is this something still needed to be sorted on the forum?

Edited to add that it seems it was my work computers problem. It's working fine when I try on my laptop at home...strange but oh well.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's just peoples initial resistance to change.

Neighboursfans made this change a few years ago and I can't remember what the site used to look like despite being sceptical at first.

And when the BBC site changes, it always feels worse at the start, but when you go to an old style page you can't believe how naff it once looked.

I'm quite used to this format, as I'm a member on Neighboursfans too.

Although I was really used to the old style, I really like the new forum software. It's far more modern and easy to quote etc. It should make it far more easy for new members to get used to without having to work out the coding used for some of the features.

I'm looking forward to the skin being applied so that it's more in line with the BTTB look.

(I also like that posts are autosaved, that's really useful.)

I expect I'll get used to it in time, it's a bit of a culture shock at the moment and it actually looks a bit basic from an aesthetic sense, although that might be because bugs are still being ironed out.Currently spending more time working out where all the old stuff is now than finding new stuff.Not quite sure why people are comparing it to Neighboursfans, in terms of appearance that's got far more in common with how the site used to look.They do have the same look on Htv, but I don't post on there because I refuse to pay a subscription.

When I first saw the new layout I was on my mobile and was so annoyed that my phone was being silly, but then I realised it was a website update. lol. I quite like the new update. It'll be a change for the better but it'll just take a while to figure out where everything is.

I agree that it will take some getting used to, but my initial thoughts after playing around behind the scenes is that it is a welcome change! At the end of the day, the old forum was nearly 5 years old (software wise) and it made sense to come up to date with all the new updates and ecetera that have been released over the years that we have not received. I'm sure the skins that are being planned will add a more familiar feel to things for everyone but in my personal opinion I think we should all embrace the change.

I'm slowly getting used to it. Like all Scorpios, we hate change.

High-5 to another Scorpio.

Another thing I was going to say is that I'm glad the banner advert had gone but it's back today :( . Is this (that applied today) the new skin, or will there be something more substantial down the line?

Archived