New Forum

Guest Chris J

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was surprised about the change, but I've seen other forums that have a similar layout to this current format, so I'm already quite used to it already. It still does feel weird though.

Honestly, I preferred the older format, but each to their own. I'm sure I'll grow to like this one as well.

I was surprised about the change, but I've seen other forums that have a similar layout to this current format, so I'm already quite used to it already. It still does feel weird though.

Honestly, I preferred the older format, but each to their own. I'm sure I'll grow to like this one as well.

Honestly, I wasn't a big fan of the new layout when I first tried it either, but it's actually grown on me incredibly quickly. All the little additions like new posts fading into place, a Notification Centre for followed topics and the mobile version of the site all make it a much better experience in my eyes.

I'm sure there'll be a fair few people who dislike it at first - it's a pretty radical change from what came before - but as you said, hopefully people will grow to like it.

Are you going to get rid of the Guest Member feature?

And my avatar has disappeared.

What is the Guest Member feature? :P

We're still looking into the avatar issue - for now you can set yourself a new avatar by clicking on your grey silhouette next to any post, then from your profile page clicking the 'Change' button and uploading your avatar of choice. I'm still waiting on a reply from the Invision Board support guys so we can try and get the old avatars restored.

How can you set your preferences to not display avatars? I can't find a setting via my profile settings.This was one of the most valuable options on the old forum.

Also there seems to be a problem with the ignored users list. The users I was ignoring on the old forum are still being ignored OK, but the ignored user list on my profile settings is showing as empty.

Archived