Will Neighbours Make it to 30?

Guest dncllpyk

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neighbours wasn't even in the top 55 tv shows in TV WEEK. Home and Away was number 2

Yes from the TV Weeks sent to me from friends H&A gets better PR and covers.

Neighbours has alot of issues is why they lost me. bad writing for one. loss of actors who should have stayed as well.

Ramsey street suffers from what happen to Trek. Unless they change I doubt it will last the decade yet IT does have a devoted fan base and I undertsand that keeping it on air.

Neighbours was in there at No 7 it was so so small though it was easy to miss.

IT always is!

Its not like back in 2009 when they did a great issue with Libbys return. Kym retruning to take back her character from Michela Banas.

I got dvds as gifts yesterday and among the Mcleods Daughters epiosdes where Both Michela Banas (Libby 2) and Sandy Winton (tashs dad)

Among the newer actors I had to get use to was Gillian Alexy as Tayler and she reminded me of dan ex sam! :o If they needed to recast for sam return she would make a good choice if Simone was unable to come back? Her acting reminded me of sam last visit and it was scary!

I miss Mcleods along woth Sea Patrol and Blue Heelers! Those where my favs. Well I have DVDs and online to watch!

You know I love neighbours I love it more then home and away but the thing is I don't enjoy it as much. I've watched neighbours my entire live. More so then home and away but since that Rebecca pushing Paul and Libby killing Ringo storylines which was in the end of 2012, neighbours has been boring. And I've tried so hard to keep watching. But I miss the old neighbours.

Does anyone know where I can watch episodes from the mid 2000s?

Steph killed Ringo, Libby left to be with Ben.

OMG they did alot of things that made me leave yet I do wish the show and some of the actors well.

They let alot of good people leave yet its up to the actors and some things cant be helped in life like Kym getting sick.

Ruined a great character and storyline

Wronged some actors which I dont blame them leaving!

Thats my main issues

Like you i miss the old days as I move on disapointed.

There is such an interesting parallel between Neighbours a few years back, and H&A today.

I'm really enjoying Neighbours currently, and Home and Away I struggle to sit through. If you'd asked me about these shows 18 months ago it would have been completely the other way around!

It just goes to show that although the characters are very important, a lot relies on the competency of the production team behind the scenes.

Between 2008 and 2012 Susan Bower took Neighbours to a really dark place, I think she very nearly killed it. If you'd asked me 18 months ago whether it would still be around for its 30th I would have said 'definitely not'. However with Richard Jasek in charge the show has become a lot better. Some of the storylines are still a bit awkwardly conceived, but on the whole it's far more polished. The characters have really nice interaction, and the heart and humour have returned I think.

Conversely, between 2008 and mid-2011 I couldn't get enough of Home and Away. I found it largely gripping, and must-see. Since the current Script Producer took over things have gradually begun to slip. It's exactly the same problem that Neighbours had with Susan Bower. To take the show in completely the wrong direction, calling it 'progress' and 'moving with the times'.

In exactly the same way Lucy Addario and Louise Bowes won't listen to us because they assume that any viewer that doesn't agree with their work, is wrong. It'll take the inevitable huge ratings dive before anything will change. I predict that this will happen when the Braxton's leave, and what will they do then?

There is such an interesting parallel between Neighbours a few years back, and H&A today.

I'm really enjoying Neighbours currently, and Home and Away I struggle to sit through. If you'd asked me about these shows 18 months ago it would have been completely the other way around!

It just goes to show that although the characters are very important, a lot relies on the competency of the production team behind the scenes.

Between 2008 and 2012 Susan Bower took Neighbours to a really dark place, I think she very nearly killed it. If you'd asked me 18 months ago whether it would still be around for its 30th I would have said 'definitely not'. However with Richard Jasek in charge the show has become a lot better. Some of the storylines are still a bit awkwardly conceived, but on the whole it's far more polished. The characters have really nice interaction, and the heart and humour have returned I think.

Conversely, between 2008 and mid-2011 I couldn't get enough of Home and Away. I found it largely gripping, and must-see. Since the current Script Producer took over things have gradually begun to slip. It's exactly the same problem that Neighbours had with Susan Bower. To take the show in completely the wrong direction, calling it 'progress' and 'moving with the times'.

In exactly the same way Lucy Addario and Louise Bowes won't listen to us because they assume that any viewer that doesn't agree with their work, is wrong. It'll take the inevitable huge ratings dive before anything will change. I predict that this will happen when the Braxton's leave, and what will they do then?

I agree with heart and Humor. You need to care and I just dont and the people and shows I love are the one who interact well.

I agree with everything I put in bold, Home and Away have become very boring over the past while. They have the right storylines, with Casey's trial, Rocco's death storyline, but they just somehow make it very boring. I always love love triangle's

but this one with Sasha/Casey/Tamara is very boring to me, it's not pulling me in at all.

I actually had to stop watching a few weeks ago, I just couldn't sit through it at all. The only reason I'm watching right now is because I want to see

the verdict for Casey, which I'm guessing will be not guilty.

Never since I started watching Home and Away I've had to stop watching for any reason, but Lucy is making it unbearable, like you said cadyctslover she and Louise Bowes aren't listening to what us fans want, they just simply don't care.

I was actually watching older episodes last night and when you go back and watch you really notice how badly the show has got over the years. Last night I watched a bit of the Felix/Sarah/Zoe/Eve storyline and even though they dragged it out you had to watch it. Also watched the episode of Hayley and Robbie's birthday and Noah proposed to Hayley. I really wish NZ would repeat those episodes I would absolutely love to see them all again. We use to air them from back at the start but then they just suddenly dropped it. :/

Archived