Will Neighbours Make it to 30?

Guest dncllpyk

As b2sb09 says, Neighbours is still outrating H&A in the UK so I can't see it having any problems over here at least. For anyone else who's interested in the performance of the shows the ratings so far this week are:

Mon 19th

Neighbours

13:45- 639k (8.5%)

17:30- 1.08 (6.2%)

= 1.72 million

H&A

18:00- 821k (4.1%)

18:30- 539k (2.5%)

= 1.36 million

Hollyoaks

18:30- 1.24m (5.7%)

19:00- 768k (3.4%)

= 2.01 million

Tues 20th

Neighbours

13:45- 672k (8.8%)

17:30- 974k (5.7%)

= 1.65 million

H&A

18:00- 790k (4.0%)

18:30- 496k (2.4%)

= 1.29 million

Hollyoaks

18:30- 1.16m (5.6%)

19:00- 754k (3.5%)

= 1.91 million

Wed 21st

Neighbours

13:45- 724k (9.6%)

17:30- 963k (5.8%)

= 1.69 million

H&A

18:00- 737k (3.9%)

18:30- 511k (2.5%)

= 1.25 million

Hollyoaks

18:30- 1.04m (5.1%)

19:00- 598k (2.9%)

= 1.64 million

I thought I'd include Hollyoaks for comparison as well. The 3 soaps are fairly close together in terms of popularity, and they all air late afternoon/ early evening. It wouldn't be fair to compare their ratings against the powerhouses in soap over here (Corrie, Eastenders & Emmerdale). I don't think Neighbours is in any trouble based on this though. It's doesn't seem to be doing particularly badly against the competition. If anyone has anything to worried about I'd be more inclined to think H&A was in trouble if the ratings continue to slump. :unsure:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TV without Neighbours is unthinkable. Glad that Paul Robinson returned in 2004 as he is the last remaining original character from 1985's first ever episode.

I completely agree and Paul is one of my favourite characters of the show of all time.

True. Paul is the last remaining original Robinson as well.

Some people say neighbours is not what it used to be but it has always been a bit OTT and contrived. Ramsay Street has been a dangerous street to live in since 1985 lol. But I like the humour and the many happy endings of storylines.

I feel like Star Trek Neighbours will survive ditto for H&A as well. Those series mean so much to fans and of course the benefits to both Sydney and Melbourne.

Yes like all shows they suffer from bad writing and slumps yet If you have devoted actors and fans it will make a big differance.

Neighbours is safe as long as it has a UK deal behind it. I don't know what C5's deal is with Neighbours, but they are locked in to buying Home & Away for as long as its' produced. The minute Freemantle can't get it shown in the UK it'll go down faster than Steve Irwin in a tank of Stingrays. If C5 ever dropped it though, ITV would be all over it - their daytime line-up has never, ever recovered from losing Homers, even 13 years on.

The big difference with Home & Away and Neighbours as I see it is this - Home & Away is now produced for the Australian market and hang the International audience. H&A isn't getting the numbers it should be getting in the UK, that's for sure. On the flipside of that, I think it's fair to say Neighbours is now basically made for the UK audience and if the Aussies like it, that's a bonus.

Here Home and Away out rates Neighbours. Ever since Neighbours made the switch to channel 11 last year its lost viewers here. Which is such a shame. I think it may make it to 30 but only just. However I doubt it will make it 35. Only time will tell

Well I know people that haven't switched to digital television that have been viewers of Neighbours since the show started, so that may explain the decrease in ratings somewhat, and the standard of the show plummeted last year and I think we witnessed the worst season finale Neighbours has ever had last year. This year the show has improved, but I'm not sure that those who have switched off from the show have comeback and given it another chance. I said it earlier in this thread, but my belief as to why Neighbours has improved this year is because of Richard Jasek taking over as executive producer from Susan Bower.

Archived